Lor to choose?? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default Lor to choose??

Hii I have a query. We select 4 LORs from Eras for a program, but I saw that most of programs required only 3 LORs. So does that mean they will see only the first 3 or the whole 4 LORs since we uploaded 4??? I am asking this coz I have 3 US and 1 home country LOR and if they needed only US LORs, I don't want them to see the home LOR.
Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 09-11-2012
Anders's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 289
Threads: 7
Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass7 View Post
Hii I have a query. We select 4 LORs from Eras for a program, but I saw that most of programs required only 3 LORs. So does that mean they will see only the first 3 or the whole 4 LORs since we uploaded 4??? I am asking this coz I have 3 US and 1 home country LOR and if they needed only US LORs, I don't want them to see the home LOR.
Any thoughts?
For each program u want to apply, check the 3 US lor and leave the home Lor unchecked. by this way u r submitting just the Lor u want them to be seen by the PD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-11-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
For each program u want to apply, check the 3 US lor and leave the home Lor unchecked. by this way u r submitting just the Lor u want them to be seen by the PD
Thank you..But when it says minimum 3 LORs, should i still leave out home country LOR??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-11-2012
Anders's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 289
Threads: 7
Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass7 View Post
Thank you..But when it says minimum 3 LORs, should i still leave out home country LOR??
I dont think its not mandatory to submit more than 3 but i think the more Lor u have, the better impression the PD will have about u.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-11-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I dont think its not mandatory to submit more than 3 but i think the more Lor u have, the better impression the PD will have about u.
I am confused now..I mean i agree that more LOR you have, is better. But when program ask for 3 LORs, if i keep it 4 becoz we have the option of selecting 4 minimum LORs in the ERAS program, will they just see the first 3 or the all 4?? Sorry it is confusing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-11-2012
Anders's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 289
Threads: 7
Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass7 View Post
I am confused now..I mean i agree that more LOR you have, is better. But when program ask for 3 LORs, if i keep it 4 becoz we have the option of selecting 4 minimum LORs in the ERAS program, will they just see the first 3 or the all 4?? Sorry it is confusing
Sorry i dont know , anyone else can help us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-11-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Sorry i dont know , anyone else can help us
Thank you and Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-15-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

this is also a very important question. Moderators disappeared and are not replying since several days, now, when we would need them the most.
Most of us have 4 lors, but most programs require only 3. Will they see the 4th also, or just the first 3? in the latter case, the order how we submit them becomes also very important.. freaking out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-15-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappeuse View Post
this is also a very important question. Moderators disappeared and are not replying since several days, now, when we would need them the most.
Most of us have 4 lors, but most programs require only 3. Will they see the 4th also, or just the first 3? in the latter case, the order how we submit them becomes also very important.. freaking out
I am assuming that when they are saying 3 MINIMUM and since we are submitting the 4th one, they will have all four???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-15-2012
dr.JPRizal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 408
Threads: 5
Thanked 261 Times in 182 Posts
Reputation: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass7 View Post
I am assuming that when they are saying 3 MINIMUM and since we are submitting the 4th one, they will have all four???
yup they will see four when they download our apps if you selected the four LORs when you apply.

yeah i haven't noticed them answering post lately. maybe the moderators disappeared bcoz they are also PDs.
__________________
People don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of sacrifice.

JP Rizal, MD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (09-15-2012)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHich Masters program to choose? struggle General Topics Forum 0 09-04-2012 11:40 AM
How to choose residency programs? alingannan IMG Residency Match Forum 7 08-23-2012 11:38 AM
Which LoR to choose? zappeuse IMG Residency Match Forum 5 08-23-2012 05:34 AM
Which study design to choose? and Why? tyagee USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 08-22-2012 12:45 PM
I have to choose one from these two LoRs! annashah IMG Residency Match Forum 4 07-29-2011 05:17 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)