2014 Pathology Residency Matching Applicants - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,317
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,880 Times in 1,808 Posts
Reputation: 4933
Star 2014 Pathology Residency Matching Applicants

This threads is dedicated for Pathology 2014 Match Applicants.

You can share how you are preparing for the Patho Residency Matching.

You can also later share your news of getting interviews and/or rejections and anything related to your Pathology Residency Application this matching season 2013-2014.

It would be appreciated if you also mention your credentials in the following format
Step 1 Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CK Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CS pass (attempt number)/Graduation Year/USCE yes or no/Visa requirement (J1, H1B, Not needed, ..etc)

Examples
-230(1)/213(2)/CS(1)/2007/No USCE/J1
-245(2)/235(1)/CS(2)/2005/USCE, three months externship/GC
-255(1)/254(1)/CS(not yet)/2010/No USCE/US Citizen

Previous Years Links:
- 2012 Pathology Residency Matching Applicants

---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 07-14-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,263
Threads: 147
Thanked 4,994 Times in 1,563 Posts
Reputation: 5090
Default

Bumping this thread up.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-16-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I just sent email to patho programs to ask their minimum requirements but University of Louisville sent me below answer:

At this time, all of our PGY-1 position have been filled and we do not expect an opening. We will begin accepting and reviewing applications received only through ERAS for the 2014-15 academic year on September 15.

Any news from other programs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omom View Post
I just sent email to patho programs to ask their minimum requirements but University of Louisville sent me below answer:

At this time, all of our PGY-1 position have been filled and we do not expect an opening. We will begin accepting and reviewing applications received only through ERAS for the 2014-15 academic year on September 15.

Any news from other programs?

But this means that they are open fr 2014 match?! I mean you have to apply now? Maybe I dont understand what do you mean exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-23-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 35
Threads: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Hi there,
I am also applying for pathology
IMG need Visa
235(1)
230(2)
CS first attempt
Step 3 taken, have not got the result yet.
2009 YOG
2 years of Canadian Pathology experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-27-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 35
Threads: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

No one else is applying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naziheh View Post
No one else is applying?
I am applying for pathology too.
Step1: 223/95/first attempt
Step 2 CK: 231/first attempt
CS: second attempt
YOG: 2008
2 years research (post-doc) in UCSF
4 months unofficial ENT clinic and OR observership
2 years working experience as an emergency ward physician in my hometown.
18 months internship in 14 rotations in my hometown
few month volunteering in a path lab in my hometown
1x abstract publication in US
10x poster and oral presentation in the US
I am already on J1 visa but need visa for residency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 83
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaleh.e View Post
I am applying for pathology too.
Step1: 223/95/first attempt
Step 2 CK: 231/first attempt
CS: second attempt
YOG: 2008
2 years research (post-doc) in UCSF
4 months unofficial ENT clinic and OR observership
2 years working experience as an emergency ward physician in my hometown.
18 months internship in 14 rotations in my hometown
few month volunteering in a path lab in my hometown
1x abstract publication in US
10x poster and oral presentation in the US
I am already on J1 visa but need visa for residency
solid chances, path does not care for CS.
I am also going for 10 Path programs just for fun let see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsil View Post
solid chances, path does not care for CS.
I am also going for 10 Path programs just for fun let see what happens.
Thanks. I am so worried though hope it goes well for all of us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 27
Threads: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

245(1)/232(1)/CS(1)/2012/5months elective 3months observership/J1
6 month pathology lab work experience
3 pathology 1st author publications
1 poster cap, 1 poster uscap
will be applying 80 programs, good luck everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Tonsil (08-30-2013)
  #11  
Old 09-11-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,263
Threads: 147
Thanked 4,994 Times in 1,563 Posts
Reputation: 5090
Default

Bumping this thread up.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-12-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Chance of getting to Pathology residency

I'd like to know what's my chance of getting in Pathology residency,

256(1),267(1), CS(1), 2010, No USCE, Green card

I would appreciate if you share your ideas with me since I don't have any USCE or research experience.

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 09-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 27
Threads: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 27
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by samira_r View Post
I'd like to know what's my chance of getting in Pathology residency,

256(1),267(1), CS(1), 2010, No USCE, Green card

I would appreciate if you share your ideas with me since I don't have any USCE or research experience.

Thank you very much
I guess all you need is one LOR form US pathologist, and then you have very high scores = very high chances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 10-06-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 103
Threads: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 54
Default

234 (1) / 227(2) / CS (not yet) / 2000 / No USCE / J1
IMG need visa
YOG 2000
Step 1 234
Step 2CK 227
Step 2CS awaiting results = late applicant
No USCE
Pathologist in my home country with nine years of experience.
I don't know if 4 years of work in a hospital with residents counts as teaching.

I know is too little too late, but I think I'm going to apply anyway, as soon as I get Step2CS result - if I passed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 10-11-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 259
Threads: 9
Thanked 331 Times in 133 Posts
Reputation: 351
Send a message via MSN to Nouman
Default

Any calls yet ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 10-15-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Any IMG got interview invitations or refusals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 10-16-2013
betiomom's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 129
Threads: 1
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

I applied to pathology cause I always loved it in med school, but without much faith since I have NO exposure whatsoever, I just wanted to tell you that a program director emailed me asking me about my med school transcripts, cause they just started review applications, so, that, some programs are just starting so there is hope!
__________________
Let's keep praying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 10-16-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hi Betiomom

When did you send out your application?
I applied on Sep 30. So far 4 rejections (all received within 1 week).
No invitations. Silence.

-Birnbaum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 10-16-2013
betiomom's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 129
Threads: 1
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birnbaum View Post
Hi Betiomom

When did you send out your application?
I applied on Sep 30. So far 4 rejections (all received within 1 week).
No invitations. Silence.

-Birnbaum
HI Birnbaum!
I sent most of them for FM on oct 5, but The handful I sent to Pathology I did it on the 7, the guy (extremely nice by the way) told me they started downloading them since the 10, and just starting to being evaluated y them.

I hope is true, if you just got the rejections, maybe it is true
__________________
Let's keep praying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 02-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 32
Threads: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default Hello everybody


I wish the best of luck for all of you
I am an International medical graduate, currently I am a Graduate student at UCSF pursuing Master's degree in clinical research , I will graduate in June 2015
I would like to ask about my chance to get interview and match in pathology program 2015 , since my score are low

step 1 : 214
step 2 CK 229
step 2 CS Pass , all first attempt
I will tack step 3 soon
green card holder, and I have PTAL
I don't have any US pathology experience
but I have 3 year training experience in pathology program back home.
any advice and suggestions to improve my application with low USMLE s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 02-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 34
Threads: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroo View Post

I wish the best of luck for all of you
I am an International medical graduate, currently I am a Graduate student at UCSF pursuing Master's degree in clinical research , I will graduate in June 2015
I would like to ask about my chance to get interview and match in pathology program 2015 , since my score are low

step 1 : 214
step 2 CK 229
step 2 CS Pass , all first attempt
I will tack step 3 soon
green card holder, and I have PTAL
I don't have any US pathology experience
but I have 3 year training experience in pathology program back home.
any advice and suggestions to improve my application with low USMLE s
You should be fine bro, make sure to finish your master till september and get LORs from USCF (or wherever) pathologists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
saroo (03-09-2014)
  #22  
Old 02-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 32
Threads: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycharzy View Post
I guess all you need is one LOR form US pathologist, and then you have very high scores = very high chances
Good luck, definitely you have great chance to match
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 05-13-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 62
Threads: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

I would like to know my chances
YOG 2003
2003-2005 worked as resident in orthopedics.
Than finished PhD in Cancer Genetics
1 year Post doc in Pharmacogenomics
9 Publications
3-1st authors Molecular cell, Cell cycle and RNA Biology. Cell cycle cover page
Step 1 (242) 1st attempt
Step 2 (236) 1st attempt
CS waiting for result.
Is it necessary to give step 3?
And do I need to do Patho observership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 05-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 62
Threads: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Hi friends,
Those who have applied for 2014 Patho match, can you please submit the details here. So that it will be helpful for others.
http://www.resmatchstats.com/programs/Pathology/NY/2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 05-15-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 226
Threads: 15
Thanked 92 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydoc View Post
Hi friends,
Those who have applied for 2014 Patho match, can you please submit the details here. So that it will be helpful for others.
http://www.resmatchstats.com/programs/Pathology/NY/2014
I wish they reply but I think they are gone now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message






Reply

Tags
Match-2014, Pathology-Match

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Matching Applicants Sabio IMG Residency Match Forum 396 10-13-2016 05:49 AM
2014 Psychiatry Residency Matching Applicants Sabio IMG Residency Match Forum 57 05-16-2016 08:43 PM
2014 Family Medicine Residency Matching Applicants Sabio IMG Residency Match Forum 493 05-31-2014 04:32 PM
2014 Pediatrics Residency Matching Applicants Sabio IMG Residency Match Forum 138 05-28-2014 02:07 AM
2014 Internal Medicine Residency Matching Applicants Sabio IMG Residency Match Forum 842 05-25-2014 11:15 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)