Apply on Sept 15 with incomplete application? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 22
Threads: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Question Apply on Sept 15 with incomplete application?

Hi guys
Would like to ask what you think about my situation.
I have just learned that scores for CK taken in August(Aug 15 for my CK) will not be available until Sept 25 at the earliest, well past Sept 15 the day programs start downloading applications. My plan all along has been to get my ECFMG certificate ready by Sept 15 to increase my chance of interviews, now that plan won't happen. So I think I am left with 3 options:
1. Wait until I get my ECFMG certificate in October then apply.
2. Apply with Step 1 and CS score on Sept 15 for programs that don't require ECFMG cert and/or CK score at the time of application.
3. Take CK in 2 weeks time so I can get my plan back on track, even though I am not quite ready to take the exam.

Do you think option 3 is worth the risk? I will probably get a comparatively low score on CK but this will enable me to get my ECFMG certificate on time so I can apply on Sept 15. Just how important it is to apply on the first day?

What would you guys do?

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 07-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 22
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Same situation.!

I hope somebody gives an answer. I am in the same situation.!
I wish there was a thread with people who applied late and people who applied with incomplete application, posting about their experience. When did they apply? how many interviews they got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tangled (08-13-2013)
  #3  
Old 07-16-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 530
Threads: 35
Thanked 291 Times in 207 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

If i were in your shoes i would never apply earlier without my scores.

Apply late but with complete profile
__________________
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 22
Threads: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hey thank you for your advice. I guess that brings me to another question.

Say I apply on Sept 15 with just Step 1 and CS, and that's all the programs will see right? What's gonna happen when my CK and ECFMG certificate come out? Will the programs be automatically notified of the updated application? Will that influence their decision to grant an interview or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrito View Post
Hey thank you for your advice. I guess that brings me to another question.

Say I apply on Sept 15 with just Step 1 and CS, and that's all the programs will see right? What's gonna happen when my CK and ECFMG certificate come out? Will the programs be automatically notified of the updated application? Will that influence their decision to grant an interview or not?
same doubt same qs and similar situation
hope the forum GURUS' answer................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-15-2013
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 108
Threads: 21
Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 32
Embarrassed Horrified

Guys be happy.. at least you guys are not real late like me !!!!
my application is real late. so here is the situation.. i have taken step 1 (239) step 2CS in august result will come in Nov. CK will be staking it in OCT result will come in NOV. planning to apply by mid NOV to only internal medicine programs that have a deadline of nov 30th -january.
only 1 USCE with 1 LOR so far by Mid Nov i will have 3 months with 3 LORS.
really not sure if its a good idea to apply that late.. but i was thinking if they have deadline till that late there might be some chance may be??
ugly situation isnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 88
Threads: 12
Thanked 177 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaz View Post
Guys be happy.. at least you guys are not real late like me !!!!
my application is real late. so here is the situation.. i have taken step 1 (239) step 2CS in august result will come in Nov. CK will be staking it in OCT result will come in NOV. planning to apply by mid NOV to only internal medicine programs that have a deadline of nov 30th -january.
only 1 USCE with 1 LOR so far by Mid Nov i will have 3 months with 3 LORS.
really not sure if its a good idea to apply that late.. but i was thinking if they have deadline till that late there might be some chance may be??
ugly situation isnt it?

When in august did you take CS?
I wonder why you said august CS result will be out by november.
From all indications CS reporting for that period starts oct 9th, so if your CS result comes out by oct, you can consider applying with CK pending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ashaz (09-15-2013)
  #8  
Old 09-15-2013
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 108
Threads: 21
Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunde michael View Post
When in august did you take CS?
I wonder why you said august CS result will be out by november.
From all indications CS reporting for that period starts oct 9th, so if your CS result comes out by oct, you can consider applying with CK pending.
i know it starts from OCT.. but isn't it if i have taken at the end of Aug so the result will also b reported at the end of the reporting session which is by NOV 6th? I really wish that my result appears somehow before november.. i'll gladly apply in Oct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-16-2013
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 889 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadde View Post
If i were in your shoes i would never apply earlier without my scores.

Apply late but with complete profile
I agree. It seems that the first thing many programs look at (retrieve) is the USMLE transcript. Then, they decide if they will download the whole application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Match-2014, Match-Timeline

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If I apply Sept 4 I would get my score Sept 26 monsalg2502 IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-30-2012 07:08 AM
apply now or sept 26 ??? cool__abhi IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-17-2012 05:43 AM
Apply on Sept 15 or Sept 26? hishamsalahuddi IMG Residency Match Forum 2 09-09-2012 07:39 PM
When to apply .sept 15 or oct 3? GERD IMG Residency Match Forum 0 08-30-2012 07:39 AM
When to apply? Sept 15 or Oct 3? GERD IMG Residency Match Forum 14 08-24-2012 04:15 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)