Can I make it to this year match? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Help Can I make it to this year match?

hey guys,
i am an IMG, old graduate, i just gave my step 2 CS and am waithing for my results...i wanted to know if it i am eligible to apply for residency this year or not...my scores are like this..
step 1 :222
step 2: 217
step 2CS- waiting for results
m currently doing observership & will get 3 LOR by end of OCt..

guys, plz help me...also it would be nice if u could send me some links for detailed info..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 08-09-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 157
Threads: 4
Thanked 201 Times in 75 Posts
Reputation: 211
Default

When are you getting your cs result?

If you can't be ecfmg certified by the 1st week in October, then there's no point applying this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
jenny7990 (08-13-2013)
  #3  
Old 08-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

m getting my Cs result b/w august 14 to 12 sept...& am lil scared to apply dis yr coz of d cost & my financial condition isnt that good...my friends say dat i shouldnt apply dis yr coz it would be waste of money as my chance of getting residency dis yr is very lil......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-13-2013
geo82's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 131
Threads: 5
Thanked 197 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny7990 View Post
m getting my Cs result b/w august 14 to 12 sept...& am lil scared to apply dis yr coz of d cost & my financial condition isnt that good...my friends say dat i shouldnt apply dis yr coz it would be waste of money as my chance of getting residency dis yr is very lil......

If you don't apply this year, are you planning to do something in the coming months that will make you an extremely good candidate for next years match?

If so, wait. Else apply this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo82 View Post
If you don't apply this year, are you planning to do something in the coming months that will make you an extremely good candidate for next years match?

If so, wait. Else apply this year.
am on visitor visa rt now...& all i'll be able to do is get few observerships aftr my ECFMG registration...rt now am doing an obsevership at a private hospital....
ya..but i plan to give my step 3 nxt yr....so that could add...otherwise nothing special.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

& i guess i'll get 3LOR by end of sept
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-14-2013
geo82's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 131
Threads: 5
Thanked 197 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny7990 View Post
am on visitor visa rt now...& all i'll be able to do is get few observerships aftr my ECFMG registration...rt now am doing an obsevership at a private hospital....
ya..but i plan to give my step 3 nxt yr....so that could add...otherwise nothing special.....
If you need a Visa, you need step 3 completed.. at least by January.. earlier would be better.. If this is not a possibility, don't apply this year. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-16-2013
DrGoogle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 32
Threads: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

End of Oct is too late for LoRs. If you cant complete your ERAS application by end of september, better wait for another year and invest that time in improving your application by getting good scores in step 3, getting USCE and doing research.
(But step 3 is required only if you want H1 visa, although several hospitals take residents on J1. So that is not mandatory.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-17-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 80
Threads: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGoogle View Post
End of Oct is too late for LoRs. If you cant complete your ERAS application by end of september, better wait for another year and invest that time in improving your application by getting good scores in step 3, getting USCE and doing research.
(But step 3 is required only if you want H1 visa, although several hospitals take residents on J1. So that is not mandatory.)
may be a kiddish thing to ask but i reallydont know it so please help

if you start to work on your eras but then you are not able to get all things on time as you said at most by end of september, and then you decide not to aplly to programs.
ll you be repeat applicant next year, just because you started your eras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-18-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 35
Threads: 5
Thanked 39 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Will the program directors/those in charge be notified you are a repeat applicant if you registered for eras last year even if you did not apply to any programs / register for nrmp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuflife View Post
may be a kiddish thing to ask but i reallydont know it so please help

if you start to work on your eras but then you are not able to get all things on time as you said at most by end of september, and then you decide not to aplly to programs.
ll you be repeat applicant next year, just because you started your eras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 08-18-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 80
Threads: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 23
Question ?

any response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 08-18-2013
DrGoogle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 32
Threads: 2
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidme View Post
Will the program directors/those in charge be notified you are a repeat applicant if you registered for eras last year even if you did not apply to any programs / register for nrmp?
I read somewhere that an application counts as repeat only if you apply for programs, not if you simply buy token and do not apply to even one program...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Match-2014, Match-Probability

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I make it to Match 2015 RNPIN IMG Residency Match Forum 10 05-19-2013 04:57 AM
Is there a chance to make it this match ? HELP :(( dede IMG Residency Match Forum 2 04-09-2013 12:22 PM
How to make it to Match 2014 dr.zac IMG Residency Match Forum 3 02-19-2013 07:42 PM
My friends did not make it to the match, what should I do? mydamicky IMG Residency Match Forum 4 07-26-2011 12:17 PM
Will I make it to the match in 2011? samreen154 IMG Residency Match Forum 1 04-12-2010 09:54 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)