YOG must be less than 5 years - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 161
Threads: 10
Thanked 76 Times in 55 Posts
Reputation: 89
Question YOG must be less than 5 years

Hi Guys,

If in its website the program says:
YOG must be less than 5 years.

Do you think that I absolutely have to forget about it since I graduated 9 y ago? or, they will, at least look, at my CV and see that in this 9 y of graduation but I worked very hard as attending physician in the largest oncology hospital in my country, have home country board in oncology-hematology certification, completed residency and have some international and national publications?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 207
Threads: 19
Thanked 319 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 329
Default not stone set

The friend of mine, whos taking a fellowship at the Hospital where I work, told me their requirements are not stone set.They will see on your CV what youre doing within those years like you said.And if they like your experience and no other red flags, you might be granted with an interview.Thats my understanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Corinthiano (08-29-2013)
  #3  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 83
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina99 View Post
The friend of mine, whos taking a fellowship at the Hospital where I work, told me their requirements are not stone set.They will see on your CV what youre doing within those years like you said.And if they like your experience and no other red flags, you might be granted with an interview.Thats my understanding
apply no problem specially if you did surgery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Corinthiano (08-29-2013)
  #4  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 19
Threads: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthiano View Post
Hi Guys,

If in its website the program says:
YOG must be less than 5 years.

Do you think that I absolutely have to forget about it since I graduated 9 y ago? or, they will, at least look, at my CV and see that in this 9 y of graduation but I worked very hard as attending physician in the largest oncology hospital in my country, have home country board in oncology-hematology certification, completed residency and have some international and national publications?

Thanks
Your better of emailing/calling programs to ask this question. While one program will make an exception others may not. I do find that programs are very honest about their criteria and exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Corinthiano (08-29-2013)
  #5  
Old 08-29-2013
cearamor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 223
Threads: 5
Thanked 183 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 193
Default

Bro, you should apply even so.. You risk being filtered off, but if you call them or happen to know someone in the program, they might let you in if your credentials are good.. I'm brazilian too, contact me in private and we can share some tips..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Corinthiano (08-29-2013)
  #6  
Old 08-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 83
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearamor View Post
Bro, you should apply even so.. You risk being filtered off, but if you call them or happen to know someone in the program, they might let you in if your credentials are good.. I'm brazilian too, contact me in private and we can share some tips..

I am not Brizallian but I believe you are my gene pool from EUROPA side , this will be an awesome match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Match-Help

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
years since graduation mohamedomar IMG Residency Match Forum 6 03-23-2016 05:06 AM
Crossing the three years postgrad years titan25 IMG Residency Match Forum 6 10-29-2013 06:55 AM
Is this 3 or 4 years since graduation ? HudaMD IMG Residency Match Forum 2 03-28-2013 06:44 AM
Got my B1/B2 for 10 years mlegal IMG Visa Issues 60 12-20-2012 11:01 AM
Got B1/B2 for 10 years today! vaibhavmanu IMG Visa Issues 10 06-24-2011 01:23 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)