MSPE After October 1st - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2013
Dr. Mexito's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 662
Threads: 72
Thanked 363 Times in 202 Posts
Reputation: 373
Calendar MSPE After October 1st

So... What happens if I upload a new MSPE?

Is it possible? What are the consequences besides not going to be available for Oct/1?:confuse d:
__________________
"Disease is very old, and nothing about it has changed. It is we who change as we learn to recognize what was formerly imperceptible." JMC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 09-16-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 530
Threads: 35
Thanked 291 Times in 207 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

I myself have not uploaded my MSPE yet. I believe that the MSPE wont have that much of an impact on your application as a whole for an IMG. There are so many other deciding factors.
__________________
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Mexito (09-16-2013)
  #3  
Old 09-16-2013
Dr. Mexito's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 662
Threads: 72
Thanked 363 Times in 202 Posts
Reputation: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadde View Post
I myself have not uploaded my MSPE yet. I believe that the MSPE wont have that much of an impact on your application as a whole for an IMG. There are so many other deciding factors.
The thing is like this:

I have one already uploaded in the post office an ready to be used. The thing is that it has mistakes. I have spoken to my school, turns out that they can give me a new one... But until tomorrow.

Question here is:

What should I do? Forget about it, or upload the new one?
__________________
"Disease is very old, and nothing about it has changed. It is we who change as we learn to recognize what was formerly imperceptible." JMC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-16-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mexito View Post
The thing is like this:

I have one already uploaded in the post office an ready to be used. The thing is that it has mistakes. I have spoken to my school, turns out that they can give me a new one... But until tomorrow.

Question here is:

What should I do? Forget about it, or upload the new one?
I talked to an ECFMG representative in the live chat option today and the conversation went like this:

Me: If I upload my MSPE today how many days it will take to be at ERAS post-office?
Him: It will take up to 2 weeks from the time you upload it.
Me: So, if I upload it today, it will be ready for Oct. 2.
Him: Yes
Me: And if the Oct. 1 deadline comes and my new MSPE still hasn't been uploaded, what will happen?
Him: The program will have access to the old one
Me: What do you recommend?
Him: To upload your MSPE as soon as possible.

Then I asked him a different question not relevant. My advice is to upload the document if you have submitted your application. If you want to wait, I guess is your decision. I hope This helped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Mexito (09-16-2013)
  #5  
Old 09-16-2013
Dr. Mexito's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 662
Threads: 72
Thanked 363 Times in 202 Posts
Reputation: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Socie View Post
I talked to an ECFMG representative in the live chat option today and the conversation went like this:

Me: If I upload my MSPE today how many days it will take to be at ERAS post-office?
Him: It will take up to 2 weeks from the time you upload it.
Me: So, if I upload it today, it will be ready for Oct. 2.
Him: Yes
Me: And if the Oct. 1 deadline comes and my new MSPE still hasn't been uploaded, what will happen?
Him: The program will have access to the old one
Me: What do you recommend?
Him: To upload your MSPE as soon as possible.

Then I asked him a different question not relevant. My advice is to upload the document if you have submitted your application. If you want to wait, I guess is your decision. I hope This helped

Thank you very much!!! I will upload it and see what happends. I guess that it makes sense. I lose nothing by trying.
__________________
"Disease is very old, and nothing about it has changed. It is we who change as we learn to recognize what was formerly imperceptible." JMC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
ERAS-, Match-2014, Match-Timeline, MSPE-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSPE for IMG dr_mhm IMG Residency Match Forum 4 11-02-2014 04:30 AM
MSPE bvr312 IMG Residency Match Forum 2 09-01-2013 08:42 PM
MSPE solid snake 1986 IMG Residency Match Forum 0 08-31-2013 09:32 AM
MSPE Aussie Guy IMG Residency Match Forum 1 10-06-2011 03:29 PM
From where and how do we send the MSPE dronduty IMG Residency Match Forum 1 08-28-2011 03:54 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)