SOAP queries - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 16
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Post SOAP queries

Hi guys, would really appreciate answering the following questions:
1)Can I apply to programmes where I didn’t even receive the IV from?
2)Do applicants really follow the prohibition of contacting programmes?
3)Do I use the same application or create a new one?
4)Do I create one more ROL, based on the list provided in NRMP?
5)Do I need to pay again for application?
6)Can I apply to other specialities, prelims/advanced as well?
7)Do I need to be prepared for an interview?

SOAP eligible participants Can apply to non-Match participating programs after Match Week
8)Which are those programmes?How do I get the list? FREIDA? This looks unfair, coz SOAP ineligible participants can apply to the Non-Match participating programmes starting 17th March, whereas people like us who are eligible cant ?

Match-Participating Programs
·Cannot extend offers outside SOAP until SOAP concludes

9)Are offers really extended after SOAP

Cannot “create” positions for unmatched applicants until SOAP concludes at 5:00 pm ET on Thursday of Match Week. Positions created can be only for partially matched applicants.
10)Are positions really created?
11)AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHAT CAN/SHOULD I DO TO BE PREPARED FOR IT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ddaydreamer (03-03-2014)


  #2  
Old 02-27-2014
gulf's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 108
Threads: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 78
Info

1. You can apply to any program that has unfilled positions from the list provided on March 17.
2.Yes all applicants and programs can not contact each other outside match, until it is over on thursday of match week.
3. use the same application (not much time to create anything!), and I think application will be still locked.
4.I believe you don't create another ROL, I think you accept or decline offers as they come. Not sure.
5. you do not pay for application, you already paid a fee to register with NRMP. But I think you will be charged for each program you apply. You will not be able to apply until you pay fees.
6. you can apply to anything and everything, regardless of your previous choices.
7.yes, be ready for IVs, via Skype, FaceTime,phone etc.
8. non match participating programs do not share info with NRMP and NRMP does not have info about them, how many of them, who are they, or where are they! You have to search yourself. It is hard to find those programs, because there are not so many of them, those positions go to someone with contacts, i think.
9. yes, there are positions extended well after soap, but very few.
10. Partially matched means that one matched to advanced program and did not match to preliminary/transitional one year program. Often, when advanced program values applicant they can arrange preliminary year within the same university during SOAP week, thus "creating" a position. A program can't simply create a position all of a sudden during SOAP week.
11.Most importantly stay confident, if program reaches you for a phone or Skype IV, be positive, don't look desperate, speak clearly without the rush, tell them your best features (personal, professional), be ready to tell about yourself, be ready to explain any red flags on your application. Be ready to speak about your future plans (taylor a little bit to the program you are going to speak with ). Remember, it is going to be stressful, take it as it comes, and remember this is only match to become a physician in USA, you can still become excellent physician elsewhere and enjoy practicing medicine and live your dreams! Basically this is not end of the world! All the best!

P.S.: All the info above is only my opinion and how I see things at this very moment. Please clarify any questions at www.nrmp.org
All the best everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
abeer (03-17-2014), ddaydreamer (02-27-2014), dr.Zh (02-28-2014), Mimaem (12-02-2014)
  #3  
Old 02-27-2014
betiomom's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 129
Threads: 1
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

I have no idea how the SOAP work, but I know there is a free online event in kaplan, I believe is march 6, I am planning on watching it, in the past I watch their free online videos for orientation on ERAS application and interview secrets, I liked them and they help me a lot, if you are interested here is he link.

http://www.kaptest.com/Medical-Licen...ee-Events.html
__________________
Let's keep praying
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
col_slade (02-27-2014), ddaydreamer (02-27-2014), Dr_Laura (02-27-2014)
 
  #4  
Old 03-01-2014
gulf's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 108
Threads: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 78
Info

Monday
March 17, 2014

11:30 a.m. Schools: Unmatched Seniors Report (R3 system)
12:00 p.m. Programs Did I Fill? (by email and R3 system)
12:00 p.m. Applicants: Did I Match? (by email and R3 system)
12:00 p.m. List of Unfilled Programs (R3 system)
12:00 p.m. Regional Match Statistics (R3 system )
1:00 p.m. ERAS opens in SOAP-mode
2:00 p.m. ERAS begins sending applications; SOAP-eligible applicants can send applications only to unfilled Match-participating programs
Program-initiated communication between applicants and programs may
begin, but no offers or commitments allowed

Tuesday
March 18th

Applicants and programs communicate by program-initiated communication
11:30 a.m. Programs can begin preference lists in R3 system

Wednesday
March 19th

11:55 a.m. Program preference list certification deadline for first offer round
12:00 p.m. Electronic offers extended using R3 system
2:00 p.m. Deadline for applicants to accept / reject first-round offers
2:55 p.m. Deadline for programs to add to and certify preference list for next round
3:00 p.m. Electronic offers extended using R3 system
5:00 p.m. Deadline for applicants to accept/reject second-round offers

Thursday
March 20th

Offers extended every three hours beginning at 9:00 a.m. with last offers valid 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.,
using same update schedule noted on Wednesday
8:00 a.m. Schools: Match Notification Letters (R3 system)
8:00 a.m. Schools: Electronic Match Results (R3 system)
8:00 a.m. Schools: Match Results (R3 system)
8:00 a.m. Schools: Applicant Choices by Specialty (R3 system)
8:00 a.m. Advance Data Tables (R3 system)
2:00 p.m. Programs: Confidential Roster of Matched Applicants (R3 system)
3:00 p.m. ERAS SOAP-mode ends

Friday
March 21st
Match Day!
12:00 p.m. School Ceremonies
1:00 p.m. Applicants: Where Did I Match? (by email and R3 system)
List of Unfilled Programs posted through May 1 (R3 system)

Monday
March 24th
12:00 p.m. All Users: Match Outcome for All Programs (R3 system)
12:00 p.m. Programs: Match Results by Ranked Applicant (R3 system)
12:00 p.m. Programs: SOAP Results by Listed Applicant (R3 System)
12:00 p.m. Schools: Report on seniors who accepted positions in SOAP

copied from NRMP web SOAP schedule, hope we will match before going through all of that above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ddaydreamer (03-03-2014)
  #5  
Old 03-10-2014
gulf's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 108
Threads: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 78
Info ERAS email

the new email from ERAS says that applicants can apply up to 45 programs during SOAP weeks free of charge. Check it out:



The Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program, “SOAP” (formerly known as Scramble), is the process through which unfilled positions offered by programs are accepted by unmatched applicants during Match Week. This year, SOAP occurs between 1:00 pm ET on Monday, March 17th and 5:00 pm ET on Thursday, March 20th.

During this period, residency applicants who did not match to a position in the NRMP Main Match may use ERAS to send applications, free of charge, to a maximum of forty five (45) ACGME-accredited programs including both new programs, as well as programs where they applied previously during the ERAS application season. This is the absolute maximum number of applications that applicants can apply to during SOAP week, even if you are willing to pay a fee. Additionally, unused applications from one cycle may not be carried over to the next cycle.

You are eligible for the free applications if your account is paid in full and you have applied to, and paid for at least one ACGME-accredited program. Applicants who have applied to at least one ACGME-accredited residency program during the ERAS 2014 season can participate in SOAP for free. Applicants who have not applied to at least one ACGME- accredited residency program through ERAS by 5:00 pm ET, Friday, March 14, 2014 must pay an ERAS registration fee of $92.

ERAS SOAP Cycle 1 – Monday, March 17th 1:00 PM – Wednesday, March 19th 2:29 PM
- Allows you to apply or re-apply to a total of 35 ACGME-accredited programs

ERAS SOAP Cycle 2 – Wednesday, March 19th 2:30 PM – Thursday, March 20th 5:00 PM
- Allows you to apply or re-apply to a total of 10 ACGME-accredited Programs

Please consult with your Designated Dean’s Office for assistance when applying to ACGME-accredited programs during SOAP. If you have any questions about using ERAS during SOAP, contact our HelpDesk at (202) 862-6264 or myeras@aamc.org for assistance.

Lastly, join ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat using the hashtag #ERASandNRMP on Thursday, March 13th from 2-3 pm ET to discuss the 2014 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP).

Additional information about using ERAS during SOAP can be found on the Residency Applicants home page.

Sincerely,
B. Renee Overton
ERAS Director
AAMC

Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program and SOAP are registered trademarks of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)(R).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
chulady (03-10-2014)
  #6  
Old 03-10-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 37
Threads: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default ERAS has no information regarding your match status

Dear Gulf,
Is this the same email that started like this?

Dear ERAS Residency Applicant:
ERAS has no information regarding your match status and as such this informational email does not imply anything whatsoever about your match status.
..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-10-2014
gulf's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 108
Threads: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramukaka View Post
Dear Gulf,
Is this the same email that started like this?

Dear ERAS Residency Applicant:
ERAS has no information regarding your match status and as such this informational email does not imply anything whatsoever about your match status.
..................
yes, you can see it obviously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ramukaka (03-10-2014)
  #8  
Old 03-10-2014
chulady's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 198
Threads: 56
Thanked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Reputation: 64
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf View Post
the new email from ERAS says that applicants can apply up to 45 programs during SOAP weeks free of charge. Check it out:



The Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program, “SOAP” (formerly known as Scramble), is the process through which unfilled positions offered by programs are accepted by unmatched applicants during Match Week. This year, SOAP occurs between 1:00 pm ET on Monday, March 17th and 5:00 pm ET on Thursday, March 20th.

During this period, residency applicants who did not match to a position in the NRMP Main Match may use ERAS to send applications, free of charge, to a maximum of forty five (45) ACGME-accredited programs including both new programs, as well as programs where they applied previously during the ERAS application season. This is the absolute maximum number of applications that applicants can apply to during SOAP week, even if you are willing to pay a fee. Additionally, unused applications from one cycle may not be carried over to the next cycle.

You are eligible for the free applications if your account is paid in full and you have applied to, and paid for at least one ACGME-accredited program. Applicants who have applied to at least one ACGME-accredited residency program during the ERAS 2014 season can participate in SOAP for free. Applicants who have not applied to at least one ACGME- accredited residency program through ERAS by 5:00 pm ET, Friday, March 14, 2014 must pay an ERAS registration fee of $92.

ERAS SOAP Cycle 1 – Monday, March 17th 1:00 PM – Wednesday, March 19th 2:29 PM
- Allows you to apply or re-apply to a total of 35 ACGME-accredited programs

ERAS SOAP Cycle 2 – Wednesday, March 19th 2:30 PM – Thursday, March 20th 5:00 PM
- Allows you to apply or re-apply to a total of 10 ACGME-accredited Programs

Please consult with your Designated Dean’s Office for assistance when applying to ACGME-accredited programs during SOAP. If you have any questions about using ERAS during SOAP, contact our HelpDesk at (202) 862-6264 or myeras@aamc.org for assistance.

Lastly, join ERAS and the NRMP in a collaborative Twitter chat using the hashtag #ERASandNRMP on Thursday, March 13th from 2-3 pm ET to discuss the 2014 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP).

Additional information about using ERAS during SOAP can be found on the Residency Applicants home page.

Sincerely,
B. Renee Overton
ERAS Director
AAMC

Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program and SOAP are registered trademarks of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)(R).
I applied program this year and if did not match and eligible for SOAP, I can apply to SOAP through ERAS with free of charge, am I right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-11-2014
gulf's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 108
Threads: 1
Thanked 68 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulady View Post
I applied program this year and if did not match and eligible for SOAP, I can apply to SOAP through ERAS with free of charge, am I right ?
yes, you are right, you can apply for free during SOAP to up to 45 programs in total.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
chulady (03-12-2014)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
few queries regarding MTB-2 ddaydreamer USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 03-11-2013 12:51 AM
queries about J1 visa sanusmle ECFMG Forum 0 08-02-2012 08:58 AM
Help with queries regarding B1/B2 visa doc Mm IMG Visa Issues 0 11-23-2011 10:28 AM
An IMG with three queries americandoc IMG/FMG Forum 4 10-02-2011 07:44 AM
Queries regarding LOR drkaruppiaharun IMG Residency Match Forum 1 07-04-2011 08:40 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)