Applying without ECFMG certificate - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default Applying without ECFMG certificate

Guys do you think it is worse to apply without ECFMG certificate on time September 15 or apply with ECFMG certificate late October 9?

If i cant make Cs exam before july 12 than my other chances of getting report in another scheduling period is October 8.
And am I officialy considered ECFMG certitied the day I pass CS or do i need paper certificate in hadn to apply to ERAS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 05-14-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 201
Threads: 6
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Guys do you think it is worse to apply without ECFMG certificate on time September 15 or apply with ECFMG certificate late October 9?

If i cant make Cs exam before july 12 than my other chances of getting report in another scheduling period is October 8.
And am I officialy considered ECFMG certitied the day I pass CS or do i need paper certificate in hadn to apply to ERAS?

I think , the best is to apply the first day, but you have to be sure that you passed you CS, then you could be placed in the second group of people for the interview season, once they got the you result (of course ,you have contact them remanding them that you pass the exam, is not like they will check again)

GL
__________________
@usmlethree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-14-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @usmlethree View Post
I think , the best is to apply the first day, but you have to be sure that you passed you CS, then you could be placed in the second group of people for the interview season, once they got the you result (of course ,you have contact them remanding them that you pass the exam, is not like they will check again)

GL
Thanks yeah i know i need to update then and this may also serve as some kind of reminder for them about me and also as i will not need visa i hope to get some interviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default

I will answer myself APPLY without ECFMG if you are confident in your application otherwise. even if you are old grad like me.8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
gaijin (02-18-2015), pd10 (02-19-2015)
  #5  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 31
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
I will answer myself APPLY without ECFMG if you are confident in your application otherwise. even if you are old grad like me.8 years.
So how many I/V did u get without ECFMG certification?
What are ur scores and credentials?? If u can share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default

11 interviews.
230s and 240s
8 years graduate (but looking good no gap but other specialty than internal medicine
only 2 weeks of USCE by the time of application and one letter from US doctor.

i didnot even have my CS taken at sept 15.

but im GC holder that helped for sure.
I got 4-5 interviews before CS results in DECEMBER
and 5 interviews right after my CS results after updating programs.

i even refused prematch

i will write my match experience when/IF i get matched.

just give a chance and apply when you feel like you have to apply.
and another question that was unanswered for me before applying and people scared me for no reason. being a repeat applicant does not mean anything. people get interviews from same programs during second year of applying
i have met these people and I am sure about what i am saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ainat (02-19-2015), gaijin (02-18-2015), Neutrino (03-08-2017), pd10 (02-19-2015), shiny_judean (02-18-2015), skeleton (02-19-2015), Vany16 (02-25-2015)
  #7  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
11 interviews.
230s and 240s

only 2 weeks of USCE by the time of application and one letter from US doctor.

I got 4-5 interviews before CS results in DECEMBER
and 5 interviews right after my CS results after updating programs.
How many programs did you apply to? And can you please give the list of programs where you were interviewed?
I also applied w/out the CS which I took in October, but got only 3 interviews - 2 before the CS result and 1 after. Also had 1 US LOR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 31
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
How many programs did you apply to? And can you please give the list of programs where you were interviewed?
I also applied w/out the CS which I took in October, but got only 3 interviews - 2 before the CS result and 1 after. Also had 1 US LOR.
Do u hv GC or citizenship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default

about 4 programs do not sponsor visas.
i have applied to 190 programs.
will shre more detailed experience. let me match first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 83
Threads: 3
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
about 4 programs do not sponsor visas.
i have applied to 190 programs.
will shre more detailed experience. let me match first
hi tamta good to hear from you again.
best wishes on the MATCH.

what do you think of applying november with 2 months of obsv/extern? Or should I apply september without any "USCE" in US?
USMLE scores will be complete(hoping to have good scores). Not sure about ECFMG certificate. Will be recent graduate.

Again.
best wishes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny_judean View Post
Do u hv GC or citizenship?
Green card

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
i have applied to 190 programs.
That makes sense. I applied only to 40 programs - I have geographic limitations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 966
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,410 Times in 520 Posts
Reputation: 1420
Default

you should without a doubt APPLY IN TIME IN SEPTEMBER
for no reason dont delay application. you can update the programs afterwards

THEY DO READ EMAILS

I have prepared 100 emails night before I got my CS results and sent them all together right away as soon as I got CS report. and got first interview in 15 minutes. and one in the same day and 3 in next couple days.

just giving example i have read that someonne did like this and was complaining that it was too late to get score indecember. I knew it was late but i knew i had to apply and trust me december is not late interviews last even in february. January december are very active months for IMGS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pd10 (02-19-2015), Vany16 (02-25-2015)
  #13  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 83
Threads: 3
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
you should without a doubt APPLY IN TIME IN SEPTEMBER
for no reason dont delay application. you can update the programs afterwards

THEY DO READ EMAILS

I have prepared 100 emails night before I got my CS results and sent them all together right away as soon as I got CS report. and got first interview in 15 minutes. and one in the same day and 3 in next couple days.

just giving example i have read that someonne did like this and was complaining that it was too late to get score indecember. I knew it was late but i knew i had to apply and trust me december is not late interviews last even in february. January december are very active months for IMGS
Thank you for your response. I knew you were someone who could respond objectively.

Best wishes for you during the MATCH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 8
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
you should without a doubt APPLY IN TIME IN SEPTEMBER
for no reason dont delay application. you can update the programs afterwards

THEY DO READ EMAILS

I have prepared 100 emails night before I got my CS results and sent them all together right away as soon as I got CS report. and got first interview in 15 minutes. and one in the same day and 3 in next couple days.

just giving example i have read that someonne did like this and was complaining that it was too late to get score indecember. I knew it was late but i knew i had to apply and trust me december is not late interviews last even in february. January december are very active months for IMGS
Tamta, I just finished an externship and got a lOR, can I send it now to programs via e-mail bcoz when i tried to send it thru eras , its saying this program only takes 3 lors.
so can i still send it thru emails to programs, i want to send bcoz they will have it when I participate in SOAP, please reply. thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When do you need the ECFMG Certificate? tegsekhon ECFMG Forum 4 06-15-2013 08:30 PM
ECFMG certificate mineex@ USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 6 05-22-2013 03:05 PM
When will I get the ECFMG Certificate? sonu.agarwall ECFMG Forum 2 08-15-2012 08:11 AM
Applying for Step 3 without ECFMG certificate Chemole ECFMG Forum 1 11-19-2011 07:39 PM
ECFMG certificate b.abid ECFMG Forum 0 08-22-2011 05:35 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)