Got my B1/B2 for 10 years - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > IMG Visa Issues

IMG Visa Issues International Medical Graduates and Students discussion US Visa issues.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-14-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Smile Got my B1/B2 for 10 years

I was initially very tensed but the VO was a cool man.Just keep up your smile all the time and answer confidently without stammering.For this you need lots of practice before the mirror or mock interviews with your friends.Wish them as soon as they call you forward.They definitely wont reject you without a reason and will give you lots of time to explain.

The questions they asked me were--

Why are you going to the US?
Did you give your Step 1?
Show me the score report.
Where are you working presently?
How much are you paid?
Who is sponsoring your trip?
What do they do?
What are your plans after residency?


Good luck all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (03-30-2013), cingulate.gyrus (02-23-2012), crusader (12-19-2013), doctorindistress (02-29-2012), drdhruv (10-17-2012), drmm (06-14-2012), hopesjosh (05-02-2012), ispy (05-20-2012), vivek shah (02-25-2012)



  #2  
Old 02-14-2012
doxorubicin's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 391
Threads: 98
Thanked 161 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 171
Default

hey congrats! it must be such a relief!!!

i am just starting the visa process.

how many days after you applied for step 2 cs did you receive visa support letter from ecfmg?

did you apply for visa on your own or through a visa agent?

any other tips?
__________________
if ur ready to learn......world is ready to teach...take d leap!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-14-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

since this is the 1st time i went through an agent.it was really helpful.

i got my permit and visa letter in just 5 days after applying (lucky me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bhavesh kaswala (02-27-2012), cingulate.gyrus (02-17-2012), doxorubicin (02-14-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 02-17-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
since this is the 1st time i went through an agent.it was really helpful.

i got my permit and visa letter in just 5 days after applying (lucky me)
Thanks ..Which was the agent how much they demented ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 66
Threads: 15
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

which us embassy u applied and did u schedual your date at the time of your interview,...and any tips which the agent tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-23-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
I was initially very tensed but the VO was a cool man.Just keep up your smile all the time and answer confidently without stammering.For this you need lots of practice before the mirror or mock interviews with your friends.Wish them as soon as they call you forward.They definitely wont reject you without a reason and will give you lots of time to explain.

The questions they asked me were--

Why are you going to the US?
Did you give your Step 1?
Show me the score report.
Where are you working presently?
How much are you paid?
Who is sponsoring your trip?
What do they do?
What are your plans after residency?


Good luck all.
What was your anwer to the last question ?
What are your plans after residency?

Can u please tell me the answers u told to the all the questions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeman View Post
which us embassy u applied and did u schedual your date at the time of your interview,...and any tips which the agent tell you
yes u need to take confirmation letter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingulate.gyrus View Post
What was your anwer to the last question ?
What are your plans after residency?

Can u please tell me the answers u told to the all the questions ?


after residency you should say you will settle in your home country.that is the key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bhavesh kaswala (02-27-2012), cingulate.gyrus (02-23-2012)
  #9  
Old 02-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

what is there in the answers to other questions you need to answer whatever your case is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cingulate.gyrus (02-23-2012)
  #10  
Old 02-23-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
after residency you should say you will settle in your home country.that is the key.
Thank you..
Best of luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mlegal (02-23-2012)
  #11  
Old 02-25-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

r u working somewhere??
in my case i m not..so i need 2 get employe letter b4 interview rt??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 02-25-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

yes u can get frm any docs u hav relations with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vivek shah (02-25-2012)
  #13  
Old 02-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 69
Threads: 23
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

can u plzz tell me what documents(all documents if u can remember) i need for applying for visa?? i will appreciate it a lot cuz i really hav trouble for visa..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cingulate.gyrus (02-28-2012)
  #14  
Old 02-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Star

(1)Original Passport and HDFC Bar Code
(2)VFS Interview Letter
(3)CEAC Bar Code

(2) and (3) you will get in the process of filling the VISA application

(4)CS Confirmation Letter
(5)Visa Letter from ECFMG
(6)Scheduling Permit
(7)Score Reports if you have any or Observership letters if any
(8)CA report of your finances
(9)Employment Letter
(10)Proofs of all the finances you are showing
(11)All your medical school originals including transcript internship certificate and diploma
(12)Sponsor letter(if your parents or relatives sponsor your trip)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (03-30-2013), bhargavjyo (05-05-2012), bhavesh kaswala (02-27-2012), cingulate.gyrus (02-28-2012), crusader (12-18-2013), docsdr (10-28-2012), doctorindistress (02-29-2012), doxorubicin (02-27-2012), ispy (05-20-2012), K06100 (05-02-2012), pass7 (04-22-2012)
  #15  
Old 02-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

@mlegal
i am in talk wth doctor for my employee certificate..i have 1 doubt!!
salary balancesheath do i need 2 show them? wat hve u done??
bcz if i show them dat i m working under so & so dr. & getting paid..i need 2 provide bank salary proof 2 them na??
plz help 4 dis..i m really freaking out wth dis visa procedure!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 02-29-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 134
Threads: 21
Thanked 70 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
(1)Original Passport and HDFC Bar Code
(2)VFS Interview Letter
(3)CEAC Bar Code

(2) and (3) you will get in the process of filling the VISA application

(4)CS Confirmation Letter
(5)Visa Letter from ECFMG
(6)Scheduling Permit
(7)Score Reports if you have any or Observership letters if any
(8)CA report of your finances
(9)Employment Letter
(10)Proofs of all the finances you are showing
(11)All your medical school originals including transcript internship certificate and diploma
(12)Sponsor letter(if your parents or relatives sponsor your trip)

can you please tell me what to write in sponsor letter from father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 02-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
@mlegal
i am in talk wth doctor for my employee certificate..i have 1 doubt!!
salary balancesheath do i need 2 show them? wat hve u done??
bcz if i show them dat i m working under so & so dr. & getting paid..i need 2 provide bank salary proof 2 them na??
plz help 4 dis..i m really freaking out wth dis visa procedure!!!
not necessary i dint show any.Its purely your parents who are sponsoring your trip.And working in an OP you dont get fat salaries.So you can always say you are paid by hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bhargavjyo (05-05-2012), vivek shah (03-01-2012)
  #18  
Old 03-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
not necessary i dint show any.Its purely your parents who are sponsoring your trip.And working in an OP you dont get fat salaries.So you can always say you are paid by hand.

dat means i can say them i m working somewhere i m getting paid around 15-20k by cash!! do they believe??
is dat so then i can easily get letter!!!
& i have my ck on 4th april& cs took a date of 30th april..wat u say should i do visa interview b4 exam/after dat??..bcz if rejectn occurs dan wll hurt my CK!!
neeed ur genuine advice!!!
thanx..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 03-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
dat means i can say them i m working somewhere i m getting paid around 15-20k by cash!! do they believe??
is dat so then i can easily get letter!!!
& i have my ck on 4th april& cs took a date of 30th april..wat u say should i do visa interview b4 exam/after dat??..bcz if rejectn occurs dan wll hurt my CK!!
neeed ur genuine advice!!!
thanx..

i think u can show 15k is deposited to ur personal account..no need of any certificates for a private hosp or doc.
i cant advise u coz step 2 isnt necessary for visa at the same time it will be a benefit if you are done with it.but as you have a very tight schedule you better apply much in advance for your visa to avoid unnecessary delays and also be prepared for a 2nd trial much ahead of your CS exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vivek shah (04-25-2012)
  #20  
Old 03-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default visa refusal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
i think u can show 15k is deposited to ur personal account..no need of any certificates for a private hosp or doc.
i cant advise u coz step 2 isnt necessary for visa at the same time it will be a benefit if you are done with it.but as you have a very tight schedule you better apply much in advance for your visa to avoid unnecessary delays and also be prepared for a 2nd trial much ahead of your CS exam.
My visa got rejected . I am still trying to get over from this shock . I have cleared my step 1 . My cs date was on 21 st march . I had to postpone to june 22nd because of the visa . I am not working as of now and have not given ck yet . My first cousins are doctors in the US . Somehow i couldnt dodge the questions about relatives during my interview . Now i am really confused . Should i apply again or should i give my CK first then apply later . My visa was rejected under section 214 b . I really need advice at this moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
My visa got rejected . I am still trying to get over from this shock . I have cleared my step 1 . My cs date was on 21 st march . I had to postpone to june 22nd because of the visa . I am not working as of now and have not given ck yet . My first cousins are doctors in the US . Somehow i couldnt dodge the questions about relatives during my interview . Now i am really confused . Should i apply again or should i give my CK first then apply later . My visa was rejected under section 214 b . I really need advice at this moment.
@ rhthm:in which embasy ur visa got rejected??
its sad dat they r rejecting many for tourist visa dat 4 CS exam!!!
i m also afraid of dat..i hve my ck on 4th april& CS on 30th april.. i am thinking of taking interview date after my exam!!! what u say??
& yes u can reapply after ur CK Nw!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
My visa got rejected . I am still trying to get over from this shock . I have cleared my step 1 . My cs date was on 21 st march . I had to postpone to june 22nd because of the visa . I am not working as of now and have not given ck yet . My first cousins are doctors in the US . Somehow i couldnt dodge the questions about relatives during my interview . Now i am really confused . Should i apply again or should i give my CK first then apply later . My visa was rejected under section 214 b . I really need advice at this moment.
sorry to hear that. i think you can give a try.there are many who got accepted the second time.it all depends on you convincing them.good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

i wasnt asked abt CK.so as they did not reject u on CK grounds you can always reapply immediately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
@ rhthm:in which embasy ur visa got rejected??
its sad dat they r rejecting many for tourist visa dat 4 CS exam!!!
i m also afraid of dat..i hve my ck on 4th april& CS on 30th april.. i am thinking of taking interview date after my exam!!! what u say??
& yes u can reapply after ur CK Nw!!!
Ya
You should apply after ck but make sure you have an employment letter . I gave my interview at delhi consul .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 134
Threads: 21
Thanked 70 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
Ya
You should apply after ck but make sure you have an employment letter . I gave my interview at delhi consul .
@Rhythm I will be applying at Delhi consul. Can you please let what is the wait time for scheduling interview I mean how many days between online application and interview at Delhi. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 03-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybaba View Post
@Rhythm I will be applying at Delhi consul. Can you please let what is the wait time for scheduling interview I mean how many days between online application and interview at Delhi. Thanks
I had applied on 20 th . There were options of 23rd ,24th and 27 th . Basically getting a date is not a problem i guess . Best of Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
sandybaba (03-03-2012)
  #27  
Old 04-22-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Smile visa accepted

hey mlegal thanx 4 ur support.finally i got my visa multiple entry for 10 years..
sorry 4 late reply..busy with my CS preparation.
i was very tensed for visa.but in my case also visa officer was cool guy.
he asked me related questions..and ya ur advice 2 show some job really worked in my case thanx a lot 4 it..so here i m in NY!!!
now studying 4 my CS..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 04-22-2012
doxorubicin's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 391
Threads: 98
Thanked 161 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 171
Default

what does multiple entry for 10 years visa means? that in next visit you need not visit embassy? does it change the duration of visit ie 3 months/ 6 months?

how do you apply for 10 years multiple entry visa?

i have seen some people get 10 years and some 5 years , so is it something you write in your application?
__________________
if ur ready to learn......world is ready to teach...take d leap!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 04-22-2012
doxorubicin's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 391
Threads: 98
Thanked 161 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
hey mlegal thanx 4 ur support.finally i got my visa multiple entry for 10 years..
sorry 4 late reply..busy with my CS preparation.
i was very tensed for visa.but in my case also visa officer was cool guy.
he asked me related questions..and ya ur advice 2 show some job really worked in my case thanx a lot 4 it..so here i m in NY!!!
now studying 4 my CS..
which city embassy did you apply?
i am hearing ther are lot of visa rejection in mumbai?
__________________
if ur ready to learn......world is ready to teach...take d leap!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 04-25-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

i applied in mumbai..i think i m lucky.many of mine frnds visa got rejected in mumbai.just be relaxed,dont fumble & say confidently.i think that matters a lot..& yes if u have gap after ur graduation do show some job that helped me,& say in every sentence that i m going 2 come back after my exam..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
doxorubicin (04-25-2012)
  #31  
Old 04-25-2012
doxorubicin's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 391
Threads: 98
Thanked 161 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
i applied in mumbai..i think i m lucky.many of mine frnds visa got rejected in mumbai.just be relaxed,dont fumble & say confidently.i think that matters a lot..& yes if u have gap after ur graduation do show some job that helped me,& say in every sentence that i m going 2 come back after my exam..
i am having some problem applying for loan can you tell if i am funding myself from various sources like some from my salary , some from mom/ dads FDs then whom should i show as my sponsor. and how much should be minimum bank statement amount ?
__________________
if ur ready to learn......world is ready to teach...take d leap!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 04-25-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxorubicin View Post
i am having some problem applying for loan can you tell if i am funding myself from various sources like some from my salary , some from mom/ dads FDs then whom should i show as my sponsor. and how much should be minimum bank statement amount ?

if u have good salary that is around 5 lakhs /annum..then u can sponsor urself otherwice ur parents will remain sponsor..in mine case i m fresh graduated last year.. so i was doing part time job in private clinic.getting less salary so mine father sponsor my trip..bank statement i have seen from the source that around 2 lakhs balance is good..yes u can show them dads fd,property so they can assure that u will definatey come back 2 india..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
doxorubicin (04-25-2012)
  #33  
Old 05-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 17
Threads: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default first timer, need advice

I am an IMG from India.....passed step 1 last month, planning for step 2 ck in aug-sept and CS before december.....
I do not work anywhere, but can get letters saying that I do....
No close relatives in the US.....just a second cousin (not a US citizen)
I did my graduation from another country so I have lots of entries in my passport + have stamps for europe, singapore, malaysia, US (6 months duration but very long ago)...
Dad has a business here in India, his own factory......


What would be the best option for me to apply?
I really wanna aim for a 10 year multiple.....
should I
(1) apply for a tourist visa saying nothing about MLE steps? or
(2) apply as a CS taking candidate with the ECFMG CS letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 05-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 17
Threads: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

also I m a girl...so I think female+unmarried+age(25) works against me...

What to do?

I also have passed the FMGE screening test required by MCI to allow foreign graduates to practice in India
(my home country).....This is required only if i wanna practice here in India.....is there any way I can mention that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 05-02-2012
doxorubicin's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 391
Threads: 98
Thanked 161 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 171
Default

i wanted to know if i submit for visa hat i am working at some place then after i get the visa and i decide to leave that hospital .will that pose any problem for my cleared visa? is hospital liable to contact embassy if emplyee is no longer worker with them?
__________________
if ur ready to learn......world is ready to teach...take d leap!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 05-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesjosh View Post
I am an IMG from India.....passed step 1 last month, planning for step 2 ck in aug-sept and CS before december.....
I do not work anywhere, but can get letters saying that I do....
No close relatives in the US.....just a second cousin (not a US citizen)
I did my graduation from another country so I have lots of entries in my passport + have stamps for europe, singapore, malaysia, US (6 months duration but very long ago)...
Dad has a business here in India, his own factory......


What would be the best option for me to apply?
I really wanna aim for a 10 year multiple.....
should I
(1) apply for a tourist visa saying nothing about MLE steps? or
(2) apply as a CS taking candidate with the ECFMG CS letter?


hey,hopesjosh
yes if you are not working then u can show the letter saying you are working somewhere..i did that.i will suggest dont mention anyrelative in US..you have plus point that u can also say them that i did my degree course outside INDIA..and i am also keen 2 pursue pg in US..and stress that i wll come back 2 India after this..applying with ecfmg visa letter wll be better& safe option then tourist visa saying nothing abt MLE..bcz many of my friends got rejected saying only tourist visa with family.
be calm,confident,dont fumble.i wll suggest do practice what 2 say in front of mirror.if you want i have visa qtns with me..
i think this will help you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 05-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 17
Threads: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek shah View Post
hey,hopesjosh
yes if you are not working then u can show the letter saying you are working somewhere..i did that.
Thank you @vivek shah..

I have a paternal uncle who runs a charitable hospital here in India in my grandmother's name.....so we were thinking that we'll say that it has been started by my dad and his brother and after my uncle (retires!) I am the one supposed to be running it, so i need to be back.....so planning to start getting "paychecks" from there...

Wanna ask if this is better? or would it be better, to show a job in a hospital that doesnt carry the family name??
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 05-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

this is best for you.you can show them this.it shows ur bonding with INDIA.
you have great chance 4 getting visa.no 1 dare 2 reject ur visa.
just be confident,smiling face,do some general preparation for interview.
best of luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
hopesjosh (05-04-2012)
  #39  
Old 05-06-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 17
Threads: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default @ Dr.Vivek Shah

I would like to cash in on your offer for interview questions...

Would you please mail them to richa211@gmail.com

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 05-31-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 158
Threads: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Question

If i have been refused a visa before (but no stamp on passport, and no paper given) shall i mention the refusal in the application form in the refusal question????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 06-08-2012
Dr. Mexito's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 662
Threads: 72
Thanked 369 Times in 204 Posts
Reputation: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
I was initially very tensed but the VO was a cool man.Just keep up your smile all the time and answer confidently without stammering.For this you need lots of practice before the mirror or mock interviews with your friends.Wish them as soon as they call you forward.They definitely wont reject you without a reason and will give you lots of time to explain.

The questions they asked me were--

Why are you going to the US?
Did you give your Step 1?
Show me the score report.
Where are you working presently?
How much are you paid?
Who is sponsoring your trip?
What do they do?
What are your plans after residency?


Good luck all.
Having this visa means that one can do residency in US no problem?? I also have b1/b2 for 10 years, but I'm not sure what can I do with it...
__________________
"Disease is very old, and nothing about it has changed. It is we who change as we learn to recognize what was formerly imperceptible." JMC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 06-13-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default visa category

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
I was initially very tensed but the VO was a cool man.Just keep up your smile all the time and answer confidently without stammering.For this you need lots of practice before the mirror or mock interviews with your friends.Wish them as soon as they call you forward.They definitely wont reject you without a reason and will give you lots of time to explain.

The questions they asked me were--

Why are you going to the US?
Did you give your Step 1?
Show me the score report.
Where are you working presently?
How much are you paid?
Who is sponsoring your trip?
What do they do?
What are your plans after residency?


Good luck all.


can you please see the VFS visa interview letter and tell me which category u applied in?? B1 or B2 or B1/B2???

pls reply..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 06-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 65
Threads: 20
Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Its b1/b2.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 07-23-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 294 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 304
Correct Answer Got my Visa approved today! My experience!

I got my B1/B2 visa approved today.

Does it mean that I automatically get 10 year multiple entry or will I have to apply again after 6 months?

My interview was very simple. After reading this thread, I was concerned because I've a blood relative who is citizen in US, I graduated a long time back and I stopped working about 5 months back.
Points in favour: I guess only that I'm married to an Indian in a stable job.

However, this is how my interview went (Verbatim):
All that they asked for was the CS appointment letter (I had taken the appointment before I applied for visa because spots were running out) and Visa letter from ECFMG apart from the mandatory documents.
I was asked the following questions and my answers were:
1. Why are you going to US? I'm appearing for my USMLE CS exam on dd/mm/yy at location.
2. This is Step 2 right? Yes.
3. When did you graduate in India? mm/yy
4. What were you doing all this time? I was working at ____ hospital till mm/yy and then I resigned to concentrate on my USMLE preparation.
5. How long do you plan to stay? From about two weeks before my exam, to familiarize myself, till the next day after exam. I'll be back in about 20 days maximum.
The next statement was: "Don't stay longer than 6 months, you are good to go"

I wasn't asked anything about sponsor or my family in USA.

The couple in front of me were asked similar questions and additionally asked if they had kids yet. They also got the visa, to go together for the exam.

My advice for anyone going for the interview:
Please be honest while filling your DS160 and while answering. Don't try to hide facts or create stories. You are not stealing from them, so you don't have to lie. If at all, you are going to pay them rent and for food while you visit their country and contribute to their economy.
These guys are trained professionals. They know the system in their country and in our country. They are also quite reasonable and understand the practical issues.
Two people got rejected because they were trying to argue with the interviewer. Please, even if you are rejected don't lose your temper, it will only reduce your chances for next time.
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (03-30-2013), DrPKR (09-04-2012), praru (01-02-2017), riya rai (07-25-2012)
  #45  
Old 08-17-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 373 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 383
Default R u Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
since this is the 1st time i went through an agent.it was really helpful.

i got my permit and visa letter in just 5 days after applying (lucky me)
Hey, congrats for getting a visa
I just wanna know, Are you Indian? if yes, Can you give me that agents contact details? and how much time it take to complete whole visa procedure. I heard 10 days or so is enough. Is that true?
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 08-17-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 373 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 383
Default congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
I got my B1/B2 visa approved today.

Does it mean that I automatically get 10 year multiple entry or will I have to apply again after 6 months?

My interview was very simple. After reading this thread, I was concerned because I've a blood relative who is citizen in US, I graduated a long time back and I stopped working about 5 months back.
Points in favour: I guess only that I'm married to an Indian in a stable job.

However, this is how my interview went (Verbatim):
All that they asked for was the CS appointment letter (I had taken the appointment before I applied for visa because spots were running out) and Visa letter from ECFMG apart from the mandatory documents.
I was asked the following questions and my answers were:
1. Why are you going to US? I'm appearing for my USMLE CS exam on dd/mm/yy at location.
2. This is Step 2 right? Yes.
3. When did you graduate in India? mm/yy
4. What were you doing all this time? I was working at ____ hospital till mm/yy and then I resigned to concentrate on my USMLE preparation.
5. How long do you plan to stay? From about two weeks before my exam, to familiarize myself, till the next day after exam. I'll be back in about 20 days maximum.
The next statement was: "Don't stay longer than 6 months, you are good to go"

I wasn't asked anything about sponsor or my family in USA.

The couple in front of me were asked similar questions and additionally asked if they had kids yet. They also got the visa, to go together for the exam.

My advice for anyone going for the interview:
Please be honest while filling your DS160 and while answering. Don't try to hide facts or create stories. You are not stealing from them, so you don't have to lie. If at all, you are going to pay them rent and for food while you visit their country and contribute to their economy.
These guys are trained professionals. They know the system in their country and in our country. They are also quite reasonable and understand the practical issues.
Two people got rejected because they were trying to argue with the interviewer. Please, even if you are rejected don't lose your temper, it will only reduce your chances for next time.
Hey congrats,
Seems you are indian. So sicking answers for few questions.
Like-
I am thinking to attempt CS in feb (still considering) and before that i will try to do 1 month of externship in jan and give exam in first week of feb and Then do further 2 months of externship. Now my question is. If that interviewer ask how long i have to stay in US and should i tell him my externship details or just tell him about my CS exam. If i just tell him about my CS exam then how should i convince him about my jan stay? (any recommendation).
Have you took help of any agent? If yes can you share details with me. Thanks
Plz reply soon if its not a appropriate plan. I will switch to plan B
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 08-25-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 100
Threads: 34
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

please tell me which agent did u contact?do u kno any good agent in delhi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 08-25-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 100
Threads: 34
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
since this is the 1st time i went through an agent.it was really helpful.

i got my permit and visa letter in just 5 days after applying (lucky me)
which visa consulted did u contact?
i hav an issue,first elective is in mount sinai they want F-1 visa .after that i hav henry ford just starting within 3 days which require B-1 visa.
i fot f-1 visa but they rejected b-1 ,said i cant go that long n that i shud come back from mount siani n then apply for b-1?

what u suggest ppl.should i reapply or shud i apply after coming back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 08-25-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 100
Threads: 34
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlegal View Post
since this is the 1st time i went through an agent.it was really helpful.

i got my permit and visa letter in just 5 days after applying (lucky me)
@mlegal
-which visa consultant did u contact?
i hav an issue,first elective is in mount sinai they want F-1 visa .after that i hav henry ford just starting within 3 days which require B-1 visa.
i fot f-1 visa but they rejected b-1 ,said i cant go that long n that i shud come back from mount siani n then apply for b-1?

what u suggest ppl.should i reapply or shud i apply after coming back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 08-25-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 100
Threads: 34
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
My visa got rejected . I am still trying to get over from this shock . I have cleared my step 1 . My cs date was on 21 st march . I had to postpone to june 22nd because of the visa . I am not working as of now and have not given ck yet . My first cousins are doctors in the US . Somehow i couldnt dodge the questions about relatives during my interview . Now i am really confused . Should i apply again or should i give my CK first then apply later . My visa was rejected under section 214 b . I really need advice at this moment.
@rhythm-hey u got ur visa rejected 1st time.what changes did u do second time?did u consult any consultant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 09-04-2012
DrPKR's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 51
Threads: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
I got my B1/B2 visa approved today.

Does it mean that I automatically get 10 year multiple entry or will I have to apply again after 6 months?

My interview was very simple. After reading this thread, I was concerned because I've a blood relative who is citizen in US, I graduated a long time back and I stopped working about 5 months back.
Points in favour: I guess only that I'm married to an Indian in a stable job.

However, this is how my interview went (Verbatim):
All that they asked for was the CS appointment letter (I had taken the appointment before I applied for visa because spots were running out) and Visa letter from ECFMG apart from the mandatory documents.
I was asked the following questions and my answers were:
1. Why are you going to US? I'm appearing for my USMLE CS exam on dd/mm/yy at location.
2. This is Step 2 right? Yes.
3. When did you graduate in India? mm/yy
4. What were you doing all this time? I was working at ____ hospital till mm/yy and then I resigned to concentrate on my USMLE preparation.
5. How long do you plan to stay? From about two weeks before my exam, to familiarize myself, till the next day after exam. I'll be back in about 20 days maximum.
The next statement was: "Don't stay longer than 6 months, you are good to go"

I wasn't asked anything about sponsor or my family in USA.

The couple in front of me were asked similar questions and additionally asked if they had kids yet. They also got the visa, to go together for the exam.

My advice for anyone going for the interview:
Please be honest while filling your DS160 and while answering. Don't try to hide facts or create stories. You are not stealing from them, so you don't have to lie. If at all, you are going to pay them rent and for food while you visit their country and contribute to their economy.
These guys are trained professionals. They know the system in their country and in our country. They are also quite reasonable and understand the practical issues.
Two people got rejected because they were trying to argue with the interviewer. Please, even if you are rejected don't lose your temper, it will only reduce your chances for next time.
Hey! Congrats and thanks for such a positive post.
I also have a sibling doing residency in US(J1 visa).
I'm neither in a job nor married in my home country.
What positive points can tilt the interview in my favor?
I mean apart from step 1 and CK. Or Anything else I can do in the meantime to improve my chances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 09-04-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 294 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPKR View Post
Hey! Congrats and thanks for such a positive post.
I also have a sibling doing residency in US(J1 visa).
I'm neither in a job nor married in my home country.
What positive points can tilt the interview in my favor?
I mean apart from step 1 and CK. Or Anything else I can do in the meantime to improve my chances?
Don't worry, just go confidently. My sibling is a citizen, so if I didn't have a problem, hopefully you shouldn't too. The fact that your sibling is on J1 can be used a favorable point. You can always say that I also intend to take a J1 visa if I get residency and then come back to serve my country.
The other things which help are Any kind of Immovable property in your name or that you can inherit and will need to take care of in future i.e. essentially a link to bring you back to your country.
Good luck!
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DrPKR (09-08-2012)
  #53  
Old 09-04-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 294 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
Hey congrats,
Seems you are indian. So sicking answers for few questions.
Like-
I am thinking to attempt CS in feb (still considering) and before that i will try to do 1 month of externship in jan and give exam in first week of feb and Then do further 2 months of externship. Now my question is. If that interviewer ask how long i have to stay in US and should i tell him my externship details or just tell him about my CS exam. If i just tell him about my CS exam then how should i convince him about my jan stay? (any recommendation).
Have you took help of any agent? If yes can you share details with me. Thanks
Plz reply soon if its not a appropriate plan. I will switch to plan B
I am sorry, I didn't check this forum for a long time.
Yes, tell them about your externships, it adds to the weight of your argument. As long as your stay is less than 6 months, it doesn't matter. Just take the supporting documents.
I didn't use any agents. I went directly through VFS website. It is a very simple procedure.
Good luck!
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
koolkiller88 (10-12-2012)
  #54  
Old 09-08-2012
DrPKR's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 51
Threads: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 31
Default Thanks for guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
Don't worry, just go confidently. My sibling is a citizen, so if I didn't have a problem, hopefully you shouldn't too. The fact that your sibling is on J1 can be used a favorable point. You can always say that I also intend to take a J1 visa if I get residency and then come back to serve my country.
The other things which help are Any kind of Immovable property in your name or that you can inherit and will need to take care of in future i.e. essentially a link to bring you back to your country.
Good luck!
Thanks a lot!
I hope it works!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 10-12-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Hi!

Can you please tell me what all documents you took for the interview?
I saw your list , did you have any university letters?
I am an Indian citizen going to a Caribbean med school.Appearing for my USMLE step 1 in Nov.
I want to go to the US for my rotations.My school will arrange this once I get to US.
Looking to apply for my B1.

Last edited by med_edu; 10-12-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Added more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #56  
Old 10-12-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 294 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by med_edu View Post
Can you please tell me what all documents you took for the interview?
I saw your list , did you have any university letters?
I am an Indian citizen going to a Caribbean med school.Appearing for my USMLE step 1 in Nov.
I want to go to the US for my rotations.My school will arrange this once I get to US.
Looking to apply for my B1.
I don't know if this was meant for me but I shall advise you to take any documents that show you as a student in a Caribbean Med School along with the requirement to do your rotations in US. If your Univ can arrange for any provisional enrollments into any clerkships, those documents will also help.

At least take something like a letter of intent from your university.
Hope it helps.
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #57  
Old 10-12-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Thank you! Will do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #58  
Old 12-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

This thread is very informative lets keep it in top...Thanks mlegal, doxorubicin, vivek shah, hopes josh,drssbaz , & all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (03-30-2013)
  #59  
Old 12-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 35
Threads: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Help needed

Hi all, I am applying for visa on the basis of an acceptance letter from LSU and STEP 2 CS visa letter.I am currently a student of final year and already have taken my Step 1.
I have a question, when i was a kid (5 years), my mom applied for a visit visa for usa to visit my uncle.. Me and my little bro also went with her for visa. unfortunately she got rejected. Now I am confused about filling Ds160,, shall i mention that rejection?? any one who got the same case as mine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #60  
Old 12-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

Please tell me will they verify our employment letter and leave letter ?
I am planning to give an unofficial leave letter from my HOD as the principal of my medical college where i a working is reluctant to give an official leave letter as I am working on contract basis..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #61  
Old 12-20-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 552 Times in 309 Posts
Reputation: 562
Default

Can any one tell me what all document should be produced from the sponsor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
B1-B2-Visa-, Visa-Experiences-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
years since graduation mohamedomar IMG Residency Match Forum 6 03-23-2016 04:06 AM
No. Of Years In My College cuteguy ECFMG Forum 3 01-08-2016 01:10 PM
Crossing the three years postgrad years titan25 IMG Residency Match Forum 6 10-29-2013 05:55 AM
On OCPs for the last 10 years! drnrpatel USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 12-04-2011 07:31 AM
The 5 Years after Graduation Cut off! hope490 IMG Residency Match Forum 5 08-08-2011 04:03 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)