Originally Posted by UsmleNewBye
do any of these electives free for IM ?
None of the electives are free. The cheapest ones are:
- Case Western Reserve University ($150/elective)
- University of Massachusetts
- LSU Shreveport
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
All of these require Step 1 score
The step 1 exempt with approx fee are:
- Mt. Sinai (Application Fee $1000, Elective Fee $2000 per 4 wk elective)
- Weill (Application Fee $300, Elective Fee: $2000/4wk elective)
- FIU (Application Fee $150, Elective Fee: $2500/4wk elective)
- Yale (around $3000)
- Harvard (around $4800)
- Alabama (around $5000, includes airport transfers, shared accomodation)
Please confirm these fee structures from their respective websites as I have just put them here from memory.
So you see no elective is free.