Miller School Observership - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > USCE & Clinical Rotations

USCE & Clinical Rotations IMG discussions of United States Clinical Experience (USCE), clinical rotations, clerkships, externships, observerships, electives, and internships.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Florida Miller School Observership

Hello,
I have applied to Miller School of Medicine for an internal medicine observership. Haven't received any confirmation from their side yet. Anybody else applied? I am planning to be there in fall. It would be really helpful for looking accommodations and stuff. Do reply!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kruthika k (09-21-2013)


  #2  
Old 09-18-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 9
Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default

Hello I also applied for IM and Cardiology I didnt get any response yet.

I applied for February and March 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-20-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabgar View Post
Hello I also applied for IM and Cardiology I didnt get any response yet.

I applied for February and March 2014.
Even I applied for the same for months of December and Jan! They say they send responses by 3rd week of september but I haven't got any mail yet! Let me know if u get one, and I will do the same
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-20-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 9
Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default

I am also waiting for the acceptance email, I will let you know as soon as I get some news.

Speaking of something else do you have a place to stay yet? or do you have some ideas where to look for housing, roommates, etc?

I am also going to ask a friend who is currently doing and observership there maybe he can help me with some information about housing, Im also letting you know about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-21-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hi i sent an email to the coordinator requesting ti send the application ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Hello,
I have applied to Miller School of Medicine for an internal medicine observership. Haven't received any confirmation from their side yet. Anybody else applied? I am planning to be there in fall. It would be really helpful for looking accommodations and stuff. Do reply!
hi I sent an email to the coordinator requesting to send the application forms..i have nt got a response from her..we need to email the coordinator to get the application form right? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-21-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabgar View Post
I am also waiting for the acceptance email, I will let you know as soon as I get some news.

Speaking of something else do you have a place to stay yet? or do you have some ideas where to look for housing, roommates, etc?

I am also going to ask a friend who is currently doing and observership there maybe he can help me with some information about housing, Im also letting you know about it.
Some of my friends did obsie there so I'm relying on them for the information. As for now, I'm just waiting for the confirmation. And keep in touch buddy
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-21-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruthika k View Post
hi I sent an email to the coordinator requesting to send the application forms..i have nt got a response from her..we need to email the coordinator to get the application form right? thanks
I think its also available on their site. Btw I got the application material through co-ordinator. She takes 2-3 days to reply. Be patient. Plus its weekend now.
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-21-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
I think its also available on their site. Btw I got the application material through co-ordinator. She takes 2-3 days to reply. Be patient. Plus its weekend now.
Thanks so much..but I sent her an email a week ago..probably she s busy as it's iv season..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-21-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default reg observership

Hi,

I applied for Miller School of Medicine obsevership program for IM in feb 2014.
The program coordinator sent an email that they will send me acceptance letter on sep 16.

Anyone else who got acceptance in feb 2014 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-21-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpapraveen View Post
Hi,

I applied for Miller School of Medicine obsevership program for IM in feb 2014.
The program coordinator sent an email that they will send me acceptance letter on sep 16.

Anyone else who got acceptance in feb 2014 ?
When did u get the mail? I haven't any response from them! Did you mail them? when did you apply?
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-21-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruthika k View Post
Thanks so much..but I sent her an email a week ago..probably she s busy as it's iv season..
Tell me your email address I will forward you the application and details.
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kruthika k (09-21-2013), stepboy (09-21-2013)
  #12  
Old 09-21-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default Hi

Hi,

I got an email on sep 16 that " they have accepted me for observership and they will send me an acceptance letter". I did not recieve letter yet.

I suppose I applied in july end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 09-21-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default i have pm u my email id

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Tell me your email address I will forward you the application and details.
thanks a lot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 09-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default Anyone recieved acceptance for observership at Miller School of Medicine

Hi,

Anyone recieved acceptance for Miller School of Medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 09-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 19
Threads: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpapraveen View Post
Hi,

Anyone recieved acceptance for Miller School of Medicine.
I'm also waiting for the release of results. I applied on july.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 09-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 9
Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpapraveen View Post
Hi,

Anyone recieved acceptance for Miller School of Medicine.

Not yet, I am also waiting for the results, I applied on July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 09-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 61
Threads: 28
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default hi..

i m also waiting for the same..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 10-02-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

I got accepted for internal medicine. Will b there in may 2014. What about all others?
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 201
Threads: 6
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Hello,
I have applied to Miller School of Medicine for an internal medicine observership. Haven't received any confirmation from their side yet. Anybody else applied? I am planning to be there in fall. It would be really helpful for looking accommodations and stuff. Do reply!

It can take several months to get a response from your application, the waiting list is usually very, very large. I f you are accepted an they don't have a spot in IM, they will let you know what other departments are available.

I hope it was helpful, GL
__________________
@usmlethree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
I got accepted for internal medicine. Will b there in may 2014. What about all others?
Hey congrats. I got accepted in Feb 2014 in IM. Did you recieve their acceptance letter through MAIL? I just got an email on sep 15 and didnt recieve any accpetance letter. Should we send the fees after recieving the letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 10-02-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpapraveen View Post
Hey congrats. I got accepted in Feb 2014 in IM. Did you recieve their acceptance letter through MAIL? I just got an email on sep 15 and didnt recieve any accpetance letter. Should we send the fees after recieving the letter?
I received a mail sayin m accepted and will receive the welcome packet and stuff in two weeks. I guess the payment info will b provided then only. Whats the rush shilpa!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
I received a mail sayin m accepted and will receive the welcome packet and stuff in two weeks. I guess the payment info will b provided then only. Whats the rush shilpa!
There is no rush but i guess we have to pay the fee within the mentoioned deadline in the mail. I didnot recieve the mail, i just got an email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 10-02-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpapraveen View Post
There is no rush but i guess we have to pay the fee within the mentoioned deadline in the mail. I didnot recieve the mail, i just got an email.
They didnt mention any deadline to me!!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
They didnt mention any deadline to me!!
I think it was there in the application form that you should send the fees before the date mentioned in the letter. If its not mentioned then its ok you can send it anytime i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default regarding applying

hi guys can you help me with how to apply for this observership program....i couldnt find the coordinator mail id...thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Thanked 48 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.navin View Post
hi guys can you help me with how to apply for this observership program....i couldnt find the coordinator mail id...thank you
I emailed to the address given in the website.

http://imi.med.miami.edu/education-a...ership-program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Florida-, Miami-, Observerships

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Observership in Miami Miller hypermedic USCE & Clinical Rotations 92 09-15-2016 02:04 PM
Observership at Miller School of Medicine nishaa USCE & Clinical Rotations 24 03-09-2016 09:34 PM
Anyone with observership in Miller miami in the month of may ..sharma USCE & Clinical Rotations 3 04-16-2014 12:23 PM
accommodation near Miami Miller, Florida hypermedic Sharing Rooms & Housing 0 08-19-2013 09:57 PM
Miller School General Surgery Observership? MidoUSMLE USCE & Clinical Rotations 1 04-24-2012 11:28 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)