Pathoma - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     58,471 Members     256,463 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > Classifieds & Free Ads > USMLE Links & Free Ads

USMLE Links & Free Ads Free advertisements and sharing useful USMLE Links.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Advertisement Pathoma

hey guys I started using "Fundamentals of Pathology" by Dr. Sattar 4 months ago as a part of my pathology review. I have to say that it is the best Pathology review out there!!! I personally know Dr. Sattar and have to say that I can trust him with my medical career!! The way he teaches helps you grasp so many difficult concepts. The way to study using this product is to read the book "Fundamentals of Pathology" and simultaneously watch the videos on www.pathoma.com. I am not touching kaplan pathology, brs pathology, or goljan(no disrespect..they are all good books in their own way) but I know for a fact nothing can compare to "Fundamentals of Pathology" and the accompanying audio and visual lectures on www.pathoma.com. This book only has 208 pages and I want to read this book cover to cover atleast 10 times before my exam. Such a pleasant read as well.

anywho just thought i'd promote a product that i am using. i figured that hey, if im benefitting so much from this, why not help others that are on the same path ::shrugs::

peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
excellence (04-08-2014), medstudent007 (01-04-2012), mikemike (08-11-2011), soheila79 (01-11-2014), YoramFishke (10-02-2011)



  #2  
Old 08-11-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 204
Threads: 58
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default

I love Pathoma!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (08-11-2011)
  #3  
Old 08-11-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

heres a sample video
www.pathoma.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
MS usmle (06-24-2014)
  #4  
Old 08-11-2011
val7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 554
Threads: 29
Thanked 282 Times in 182 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

how much is it? is it paid once or per month or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-11-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by val7 View Post
how much is it? is it paid once or per month or something else?
It's a one time payment of $100 dollars to get the book(arrives in 2 days) + Have access to the online videos for a year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-18-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Hey guys. I've heard a ton of things about Pathoma and i'm eager to go ahead and purchase it. Unfortunately, I am in an area of the world that will make it impossible for the textbook to reach me anytime soon (and my exam is coming up!). I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a pdf version of the book that is offered by Pathoma? I'll happily pay the required amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeyad View Post
Hey guys. I've heard a ton of things about Pathoma and i'm eager to go ahead and purchase it. Unfortunately, I am in an area of the world that will make it impossible for the textbook to reach me anytime soon (and my exam is coming up!). I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a pdf version of the book that is offered by Pathoma? I'll happily pay the required amount.
I am not sure. Usually the book ships within 1-2 days. You can contact them at www.pathoma.com and ask your question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-02-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default pathoma

Hey guys just want to share what I have been using for pathology. It's a book and video course by dr. husain sattar. i have taken his path course through kaplan before and he is amazing. i have been using his book and videos... they are amazing. even if you go student doctor forums... so many people praise him... this may be the alternative to goljan

www.pathoma.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.NickRiviera (01-14-2012), medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #9  
Old 10-02-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

my previous post was moved from another forum on this site.... but so far this book is great. i know dr. sattar personally as well, and he has an incredible way of making such complex concepts so easy to grasp. i put away the goljan and brs path books... u cant go wrong with 200+ page book with excellent vids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #10  
Old 10-02-2011
YoramFishke's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 249
Threads: 11
Thanked 279 Times in 124 Posts
Reputation: 309
Default

Great idea.

Pathology have always been the single topic that most students get confused about, Kaplan, Goljan, ...etc

Hopefully Pathoma provides a good alternative.

But to be honest, if the guy does not have enough money to advertise in this forum (so as this thread is in the free ad forum), then I don't think he has enough resources to advance on his project.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #11  
Old 10-15-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 204
Threads: 58
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoramFishke View Post
Great idea.

Pathology have always been the single topic that most students get confused about, Kaplan, Goljan, ...etc

Hopefully Pathoma provides a good alternative.

But to be honest, if the guy does not have enough money to advertise in this forum (so as this thread is in the free ad forum), then I don't think he has enough resources to advance on his project.

Good luck
Okay and your point exactly? The product is still amazing. I don't think they will need to advertise much on this website anyways because the product is getting popular without them advertising. Its students like us that had him as a teacher and love the product so much that we advertise it on our own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #12  
Old 10-15-2011
YoramFishke's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 249
Threads: 11
Thanked 279 Times in 124 Posts
Reputation: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
Okay and your point exactly? The product is still amazing. I don't think they will need to advertise much on this website anyways because the product is getting popular without them advertising. Its students like us that had him as a teacher and love the product so much that we advertise it on our own.
My point is that if he does not have the money to advertise his services here in this website or anywhere in the Internet then that means he does not have the resource then that means he cannot disseminate and be part of this huge industry.

For example, Dr Najeeb videos kept playing in the dark until he decided to advertise his services, which meant that he's now serious and is building a real company.

That's my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011), mikemike (10-15-2011)
  #13  
Old 10-15-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 204
Threads: 58
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoramFishke View Post
My point is that if he does not have the money to advertise his services here in this website or anywhere in the Internet then that means he does not have the resource then that means he cannot disseminate and be part of this huge industry.

For example, Dr Najeeb videos kept playing in the dark until he decided to advertise his services, which meant that he's now serious and is building a real company.

That's my point.
Okay thanks for the clarification. Yes you are right. For now www.pathoma.com is getting the job done but yes pretty soon other forms of advertisements should be available as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #14  
Old 10-24-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 68
Threads: 25
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default i love Pathoma

Pathoma is very helpful, I was able to make Patho my strong subject and I give 100 % credit to Pathoma. this is all you need for your Patho prep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicineman1 (10-24-2011)
  #15  
Old 10-24-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1

Vote for your favorite path book!! Pathoma has been added!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 01-04-2012
Banned
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman1 View Post
Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1

Vote for your favorite path book!! Pathoma has been added!
Pathoma all day every day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 01-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Thanked 617 Times in 391 Posts
Reputation: 627
Default Pathoma

Hey guys,

I ordered pathoma last night and I'm awaiting for the books arrival in the post, which will probably take a week.
I'm running low on time and was wondering how long pathoma would take me to complete? 7 days? 10 days?
Should I be doing UWorld along side it? Or wait until the end and do all subjects all systems random timed questions in full blocks (something I haven't done yet)

any and all input will be much appreciated,
Thanks!
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 01-24-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushi.chahal View Post
Hey guys,

I ordered pathoma last night and I'm awaiting for the books arrival in the post, which will probably take a week.
I'm running low on time and was wondering how long pathoma would take me to complete? 7 days? 10 days?
Should I be doing UWorld along side it? Or wait until the end and do all subjects all systems random timed questions in full blocks (something I haven't done yet)

any and all input will be much appreciated,
Thanks!
Depends if you want to read the book or watch the lectures or do both. Also depends on whether or not you take notes in your book while watching lectures or just watch lectures passively. Also depends on what speed you choose to watch the lectures on. I would highly recommend you email the pathoma staff, or ask that question on the pathoma facebook page because they usually answer questions on there as well.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.NickRiviera (01-25-2012)
  #19  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Thanked 617 Times in 391 Posts
Reputation: 627
Default

pathoma.com

best for pathology.
no one is better than my boy, Dr. Sattar.
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 58
Threads: 1
Thanked 105 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushi.chahal View Post
pathoma.com

best for pathology.
no one is better than my boy, Dr. Sattar.
Look how many votes your boy got here
Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Thanked 617 Times in 391 Posts
Reputation: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLEisnoteasy View Post
Look how many votes your boy got here
Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1
pathoma is fairly new to the scene, majority of students have never even heard of it before
but the trend nowadays is a shift from goljan to pathoma
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 01-28-2012
Banned
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLEisnoteasy View Post
Look how many votes your boy got here
Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1
lol. Its a new book, just came out in mid 2011, so of course its not going to have many votes(yet). Most AMG's use pathoma and all the smart international students are making that transition into using pathoma. the only thing that was good is the goljan audio and transcripts from what i heard but the rapid review goljan itself is overkill. If you want to learn medicine, i'd recommend pathoma. This improved not only my path but also my understanding of immuno, and pathophys, and i've only done a few chapters so far(but in depth).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 01-28-2012
Banned
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushi.chahal View Post
pathoma is fairly new to the scene, majority of students have never even heard of it before
but the trend nowadays is a shift from goljan to pathoma
lol yup. thats why im hoping to knock out my step 1 soon, before most people find out about the secret weapon that is pathoma :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Thanked 617 Times in 391 Posts
Reputation: 627
Default

getting pathoma will be the best decision you ever made.

goljan is simply too much and too boring
pathoma is everything you need for the steps plus alot of integration from other subjects.

goljan is memorizing
pathoma is learning.
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 65
Threads: 15
Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLEisnoteasy View Post
Look how many votes your boy got here
Best Pathology Book for the USMLE step 1

That's because IMG's are followers. Everyone tends to stick to the same old path some other guy who apparently got a 260 took.

There's a reason every AMG uses Pathoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 01-28-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 58
Threads: 1
Thanked 105 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMD View Post
There's a reason every AMG uses Pathoma.
I know more than a dozen of AMGs and none of them use Pathoma!
It's a new thing, it has not been tested yet, and I don't think AMGs are naive to that degree to put their future under something not yet tested.

Moreover, the Pathoma book is not available in Amazon and other online retailers which means it's not a standard textbook and there are no independent reviews about it.

Also, it's written by one person which means it's not peer reviewed which means we cannot trust it.

I don't understand how come you jeopardize your USMLE prep with something untested and unverified, at least give it a couple of years before people decide whether it's good or not.

You know what, am started to be suspicious that you guys might be affiliated with Dr Sattar!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 01-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 43
Threads: 14
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLEisnoteasy View Post
I know more than a dozen of AMGs and none of them use Pathoma!
It's a new thing, it has not been tested yet, and I don't think AMGs are naive to that degree to put their future under something not yet tested.

Moreover, the Pathoma book is not available in Amazon and other online retailers which means it's not a standard textbook and there are no independent reviews about it.

Also, it's written by one person which means it's not peer reviewed which means we cannot trust it.

I don't understand how come you jeopardize your USMLE prep with something untested and unverified, at least give it a couple of years before people decide whether it's good or not.

You know what, am started to be suspicious that you guys might be affiliated with Dr Sattar!!
Hey usmleisnoteasy what you have presented is your own opinion just like everyone else on this thread. I'm starting to become suspicious that you might be affiliated with another pathology product! jk. But seriously I put this up because I bought pathoma and really did love it. Just like how I loved brs physio and dit. I would recommend these products any day! At the same time id like to say that I hated Kaplan and wish I could've reviewed all the brs's or another series instead. Doesn't mean I'm affiliated with these products and I don't think these posters are either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 02-12-2012
ubiquinone's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 70
Threads: 13
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default fundamental of pathology

The book FUNDAMENTAL OF PATHOLOGY of PATHOMA ... how good is it? anybody tried it... is it standard for USMLE preparations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 02-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 104
Threads: 20
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

i am watching the videos of pathoma realy very good i love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 02-19-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 851
Threads: 88
Thanked 668 Times in 375 Posts
Reputation: 678
Default

pathoma is the next goljan. its awesome. i believe he is author of pathology questions of uworld .

its very famous among amgs' now. guys try it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 06-26-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 106
Threads: 10
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default need pathoma book or online videos

anyone willing to sell pathoma book or online subscription. i am willing to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 09-07-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 204
Threads: 58
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNitinArya View Post
anyone willing to sell pathoma book or online subscription. i am willing to buy.
hey you do know you can buy it online at www.pathoma.com right? its very cheap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Ads-Services, Pathology-, Pathoma-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)