So I decided to check out this Neurology Rapid Response booklet because of all the sudden excitement over it. Surprised to see a tiny 30pg booklet claiming to cover all neurological emergencies but it is PACKED with details. Have to say, fantastic book, here is my review:
- status page is hands down the best page in the booklet. EVERY single detail you need to deal with status. management w/o IV access is gold
- myasthenia gravis page has a table of contraindicated medication list that is very helpful but more importantly, it has a table on how to manage pneumonia in a MG pt - not found online!
- meningitis page with table on when exactly to use dex
- also has meningitis treatment in pt's with PCN and vanc allergies
- procedure tips like words of wisdom from seniors is great
- imaging basics with 'I bleed I die' times and how long diffusion studies stay positive in a stroke
- angio images with every vessel and its segments highlighted - fantastic for junior residents and med students
- brainstem strokes have syndromes, symptoms as well as actual MRI images - surprisingly this combo is not found anywhere - all the stuff online has cartoons or actual brainstem slices which i s not really practical
- edited by top names - Daroff, Furlan, DeGeorgia, Preston
- only 9 bucks! very cheap compared to others out there and actually small enough to fit in your shirt pocket
- Status migrainosis only touches on DHE protocol, would appreciate first tier management as well
- no mention of spinal compression
- spontaneous hemorrhage not addressed but tpa and warfarin related hemorrhage management tables are great. Warfarin hemorrhage management table is beyond fantastic.
I absolutely love this booklet. Even as a senior resident, I find myself pulling it out 2-3x on a daily basis. I wish I had it during my junior residency and med school years. ALL my 7 junior residents ordered their's from e Bay. 5 stars!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Neurology residency vs Neurology fellowship...||mijan_cmc51||IMG Residency Match Forum||3||07-23-2012 10:04 AM|
|Neurology LoR Help||Tgdel87||IMG Residency Match Forum||0||07-17-2012 10:53 PM|
|Neurology For CK||add1||USMLE Step 2 CK Forum||1||02-05-2012 02:51 AM|
|Neurology Q||ag2011n||USMLE Step 2 CK Forum||3||09-08-2011 08:37 AM|
|neurology or IM||rahul usmle||General Topics Forum||3||05-28-2011 12:49 PM|