Any question writers?
PhysicianBoardReview, LLC opened in November 2009. We are searching for question writers for USMLE 1,2,3. The questions are used in our applications that are for sale for the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Android. The apps are developed in blocks of 100 questions (by categories), answers and explanations with references. We just released USMLE 2 recently:
USMLE2: PhysicianBoardReview Q&A
Our model includes paying you royalties for the lifetime that the app sells. The app store takes 30% of the sales and you will receive half of the remaining 70%. What we need from you is to write 100 questions in your specialty (separated by categories), answers and explanations with references. We load the questions into our application and place it for sale on the app store. Your questions should be written in Microsoft Word or Pages. You may include images, but the images must be original or in the public “free” domain such as the CDC’s website. You may not use any copyrighted images.
The application includes a shuffle mode, review mode, and a report card. Your name will appear on the app store sale page and on the about page inside the application. We typically sell each app for $9.99 per 100 questions. We have 15 specialties now and have two companies using our software for their content.
If you are interested in writing questions for us please search for us in the apple app store, android market, or visit our website at www.physicianboardreview.com. We would need to see a sample of your questions. We have included an example of one of our questions below. The questions should be geared toward board review for USMLE 1,2,3.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael Funk, M.D.,F.A.C.P.
Chief Executive Officer
1. Infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia are at risk of secondary hyperparthyroidism and nephrocalcinosis due to chronic therapy with which of the following medications?
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia is a chronic lung disease in infants requiring long term supplemental oxygen. This is most often seen in premature infants requiring prolonged ventilation with elevated peak pressures and oxygen. Long term medical therapies include bronchodilators, high dose steroids, and diuretics such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, or spironolactone.
Long term treatment with furosemide can result in hypercalciuria due to its effect on the ascending loop of Henle, resulting in secondary hyperparathyroidism and medulary nephrocalcinosis. The effect is specifically mediated by the inhibition of sodium chloride resporption in the ascending limb. Calcium is reabsorbed to a lesser extent as a result as it passively follows sodium. Neonates are at particular risk because of slower plasma clearance of furosemide.
Cote CJ, Todres ID, Ryan JF, Goudsouzian NG. A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 2001
|The above post was thanked by:|
I'm a senior clinician in the UK and I'm very interested. But I'm afraid I don't have enough time to do so at the moment.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Ads-Services, Android-, iPad-, iPhone-|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|question help: diabetic foot related question||dezirablize||USMLE Step 2 CK Forum||5||01-15-2015 03:42 PM|
|Any question writers?||physicianreview||USMLE Links & Free Ads||0||01-08-2011 08:46 PM|
|Any question writers?||physicianreview||USMLE Links & Free Ads||0||01-08-2011 08:45 PM|