New NBME Form 13 is Out! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     57,437 Members     252,218 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE News

USMLE News Interesting USMLE News and Events useful for the USMLE Student


Reply
 
News Tools Search this News Display Modes
 
Old
New NBME Form 13 is Out!
by Dr.NickRiviera 03-03-2012, 04:48 PM

I just logged into my account on the NBME site and to my surprise I see an NBME form 13!! It says "new" beside it in red text.



Let further confusion and speculation about the NBME forms begin!

Anybody have any info on this form? It's difficulty in relation to the others, namely 7,11,12?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Views 11710 Comments 45

Total Comments 45

Comments

 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Reputation: 12
I also saw it on the website, I think its the most new form so its exactly matches with the exam.
I am also planning to take 7 and then maybe 13 online, lets see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Reputation: 844
Dr.Nick! Why don't you take it and tell us? Come on, now... You'll be known as the NBME 13 "pioneer"!

Ok. I'm just poking fun at you. I'm not being superstitious, but of all the numbers the nbme had left out...

Why didn't they skip #13?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmalik007 View Post
I also saw it on the website, I think its the most new form so its exactly matches with the exam.
I am also planning to take 7 and then maybe 13 online, lets see.
We'll be glad to hear your feedback about nbme 13. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 226
Threads: 60
Reputation: 37
oh that is true , 13 , so now I ve done 7 and was planning to take 11 and 12 , now , what ????
if anyone did please tell us how is it ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,263
Threads: 147
Reputation: 4550
I also noticed that they have removed Form 4 and kept Form 3!

So now we have Forms 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13.

It looks like they'll always leave us with seven assessment forms.

We've updated our poll accordingly, see here
Best NBME Form for USMLE Step 1

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Reputation: 248
Waw!!
I was thinking abt when I am going to do 7,11,12 now there's 13...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 638
Threads: 47
Reputation: 389
Does this mean, new questions will be added to the actual exam, or this is just something they do every certain time?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Reputation: 626
Oh the histeria!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 437
Threads: 52
Reputation: 387
so

so i wanna skip one of 7,11,12 in order to do 13 , which one should i skip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,401
Threads: 117
Reputation: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wiqed View Post
Dr.Nick! Why don't you take it and tell us? Come on, now... You'll be known as the NBME 13 "pioneer"!

Ok. I'm just poking fun at you. I'm not being superstitious, but of all the numbers the nbme had left out...

Why didn't they skip #13?!

Haha oh im not that brave/silly
Im still struggling on the "easy" nbme forms lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Guys, i did NBME 13, standard paced.. i got 247... for me, the toughness similar to NBME 7..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 638
Threads: 47
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookushima View Post
Guys, i did NBME 13, standard paced.. i got 247... for me, the toughness similar to NBME 7..
The PIONEER!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 437
Threads: 52
Reputation: 387
Q

i know it is a silly question, but what is the real difference between self-paced and standard paced? and which one do u recommend me to choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermedic View Post
i know it is a silly question, but what is the real difference between self-paced and standard paced? and which one do u recommend me to choose?
really depends on how u want to use it, if u have plenty of time, and u are using it as part of yr study tools then self paced is good... i will recommend standard paced for all form if u using it to assess yr standing on real usmle.. self pace is 4hrs per block, and standard paced is 1 hrs and 5 mins per block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
after going thru the Q i got wrong in nbme 13... a lot of silly mistakes....... different btw standard paced and self paced.... in standard paced , u r under constant time pressure.... One day left b4 my real exam, cheers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 638
Threads: 47
Reputation: 389
will you recommend it more than form 6?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 437
Threads: 52
Reputation: 387
after solving the whole blocks in nbme can i still review them back, i mean the question and choices? and if i paid the extra ten dollars can i know which question is wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 213
Threads: 13
Reputation: 123
form 13 ...

@fookushima: In the standard paced mode, can we pause at anytime and return to the test later? Does FA help to nail the 13 form in your opinion? Thanks.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
will you recommend it more than form 6?
Do all nbme if possible whether offline or online, but definetely hav to do f7 online bcoz most forum said this is closest correlation to real exam score and f11 they said is the closest format.

Offline version nbme, u hav to becareful of the answer given, a lot of mistakes. i highly recommend to get answer from discussion in forum, to me they are more accurate. read several forums to get the best answer and explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermedic View Post
after solving the whole blocks in nbme can i still review them back, i mean the question and choices? and if i paid the extra ten dollars can i know which question is wrong?


Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
if u pay extra 10 USD, when u complete all the blocks in nbme and get yr score, they will show the Q u got wrong, but only the Q and answer choice that u get wrong. they will not show u which one is correct answer.. u can visit forums and read from discussion to get the answer. Highly recommend to read from several forum, more accurate.

if u decided NOT to pay extra 10 USD, u will only know yr score. u will never know which Q u got wrong. I recommend pay the extra 10 bucks;D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by patho2012 View Post
@fookushima: In the standard paced mode, can we pause at anytime and return to the test later? Does FA help to nail the 13 form in your opinion? Thanks.
Good luck!
yes, if u are doing one of the block halfway thru , u can pause the test and complete it any time after dat. FA is a MUST not just for nbme but EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!.. by hook or crook swallow the whole book raw... and make sure u understand what u swallowing ;D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 400
Threads: 40
Reputation: 252
...was thinking of giving two NBMEs 7 & 12..and now they come up with 13...since it is the latest,it must mock the real exam most...just wondering apart from 13 which one to do..7 or 12..7 i know has been voted the most accurate and most predictive..but well to be honest the poll was conducted 2 yearsback..so now form 7 is old....so guys any suggestion...which is the other one to do..12 or 7??:sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 213
Threads: 13
Reputation: 123
Thank you, Fookushima.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by patho2012 View Post
Thank you, Fookushima.
U r welcome ;D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
...was thinking of giving two NBMEs 7 & 12..and now they come up with 13...since it is the latest,it must mock the real exam most...just wondering apart from 13 which one to do..7 or 12..7 i know has been voted the most accurate and most predictive..but well to be honest the poll was conducted 2 yearsback..so now form 7 is old....so guys any suggestion...which is the other one to do..12 or 7??:sorry:
I feel 12 is too easy... i think do 11 or 13 instead of 12.. .. I highly recommend do 7.. so f7 and 11/13 for me is important .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookushima View Post
I feel 12 is too easy... i think do 11 or 13 instead of 12.. .. I highly recommend do 7.. so f7 and 11/13 for me is important .
Thank you for this very useful feedback on the nbmes! 7,11, 13 it is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 400
Threads: 40
Reputation: 252
thanks a lot patho 2012..i actually have done NBME 11 offline..so have seen the qs..so no use doing it now..will better go with nbme 7 and 13thanks a lot,mate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 47
Threads: 10
Reputation: 36
Noooo!!! It came 3 days before my exam!!
I didn't even know lest I should've given it.
2-3 questions were repeated from NBME 12, maybe some would've been from 13 too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.aggarwal5 View Post
Noooo!!! It came 3 days before my exam!!
I didn't even know lest I should've given it.
2-3 questions were repeated from NBME 12, maybe some would've been from 13 too.
It's alright!
Don't worry atleast you are done with it..
And Im sure u did great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Reputation: 10
nbme 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookushima View Post
Guys, i did NBME 13, standard paced.. i got 247... for me, the toughness similar to NBME 7..
Really amazing,,,I ve just got 231,Can I ask about some answers via gmail ?
Can you give me your gmail please ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansky View Post
Really amazing,,,I ve just got 231,Can I ask about some answers via gmail ?
Can you give me your gmail please ?
I did form 13 today and got a score of 235. Did form 11 a week ago and scored 240 on that. 13 is a bit more tough (i did make some inexcusable errors though). Some questions do ask kinda vague things. Have to still do form 7. I have exactly a week till my exam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 52
Threads: 11
Reputation: 18
form 13

just bought 7,11,12 and 13, will let you guys know the results my test is in 2 wks form now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 928
Threads: 17
Reputation: 536
Nbme 13

Hey has anybody taken NBME 13 or planning to take it ????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 400
Threads: 40
Reputation: 252
i am planning to do it on 24th..have u done it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



 
Old 03-16-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 928
Threads: 17
Reputation: 536
planning it on 18 th , this sunday , lets see.. still couldnt find the offline version so will be difficult to study all Qs again of discuss any ...... other than wrong ones , since dont have muh time want to do it earlier as may need time to search for ans .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 106
Threads: 9
Reputation: 83
i did it i'd say it's ok...nothing to worry too much about, but it has a lot of 'wrong friends' you know qs like: oh i know 'takes A'..wait a moment...hmmm...-> i felt the whole nbme like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Reputation: 10
Any other feedback on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Reputation: 10
hey guys!

NBME form 13 was tough!!
really weird anat questions. horrible immuno questions.
fortunately scored 240 somehow.

was really distressed after completing it. thought my score would sink below 220. was happy to see a score of 580 (corresponds to 240)

the weirdest thing was that I scored 240 on form 7 two weeks back and I had 23 questions wrong. this one i got 29 questions wrong and my score was still 240.
Even funnier was that i scored 240 on form 5 too.

So I think if you get 20-30 wrong in the entire exam, your score would still read 240. In the real deal it would be double. maybe 40-60 wrong= 240s.

here's my opinion,
form 12(offline) was the easiest
form 3(offline) was easy
form 5(240) was easy
form 6(247) was easy
form 11(245) was ok
form 7(240) was tough
form 13(240)- toughest

just praying now and a final revision from FA. exam in 5 days and hope to cross 220.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 928
Threads: 17
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by phharsh View Post
hey guys!

NBME form 13 was tough!!
really weird anat questions. horrible immuno questions.
fortunately scored 240 somehow.

was really distressed after completing it. thought my score would sink below 220. was happy to see a score of 580 (corresponds to 240)

the weirdest thing was that I scored 240 on form 7 two weeks back and I had 23 questions wrong. this one i got 29 questions wrong and my score was still 240.
Even funnier was that i scored 240 on form 5 too.

So I think if you get 20-30 wrong in the entire exam, your score would still read 240. In the real deal it would be double. maybe 40-60 wrong= 240s.

here's my opinion,
form 12(offline) was the easiest
form 3(offline) was easy
form 5(240) was easy
form 6(247) was easy
form 11(245) was ok
form 7(240) was tough
form 13(240)- toughest

just praying now and a final revision from FA. exam in 5 days and hope to cross 220.
Wow Great scores buddy , I am sure will easily cross 240 ,

when is your exam date ??? Do share your exam experience with us ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 11
Threads: 0
Reputation: 10
did form 13

hey guys did form 13 yesterday.. got a 228 (530 NBME score). not sure if thats good enough to take the step.. was planning on taking it on april 19... any opinions.. what does everyone think about form 13?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 65
Threads: 14
Reputation: 32
is the new nbme 13 different from the old one found as offline ones ...

can somebody help me out

my exam s in a week`s time ..planning to go wit 11 or 12..but if 13 s d new one i wil get do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeprox View Post
is the new nbme 13 different from the old one found as offline ones ...

can somebody help me out

my exam s in a week`s time ..planning to go wit 11 or 12..but if 13 s d new one i wil get do it
Yes, Form 13 is the new form. I did that form before my exam and it was highly reflective of my final score. i did forms 11, 13 and 7. All the best for your exam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 437
Threads: 52
Reputation: 387
what about 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitinator View Post
Yes, Form 13 is the new form. I did that form before my exam and it was highly reflective of my final score. i did forms 11, 13 and 7. All the best for your exam!!
i was thinking of 11 12 13 but i see u did 7 , what do u think?

i think enshalla i will do 7 offline and 11 12 13 online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2012
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 52
Threads: 11
Reputation: 18
nbmeīs

those are what i did (7,11,12,13) the most accurate for me was #12 number 7 is probably one of the easiest among those, since #11 was the hardest for me I recomend to my friends do that first and work on your weakness based on the results (i bought the one with feedback), in your case in which yo are only 1 week away i would do 11 first and 7 at the end, if you do 11 at the end you might feel not very confident the day of your exam as if you finish strong with nbme 7 youll feel more confident
those are my suggestions hope they help
good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



 
Old 07-13-2012
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermedic View Post
i was thinking of 11 12 13 but i see u did 7 , what do u think?

i think enshalla i will do 7 offline and 11 12 13 online
I think form 7 should be done online. It has the most data so it should best correlate to your actual score. I did not do form 12, so I cannot comment on that. Here we're my scores to give you an idea. All forms were done online.

NBME 11(did this first) - 240
NBME 13 - 238
NBME 7(did this last) - 240
Step 1 exam - 241

Form 7 is highly consistent with you score on the exam!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
NBME-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



News Tools Search this News
Search this News:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar News
News Author Forum Replies Last Post
Offline NBME form 11 and form 12 konika For Sale & Wanted Items 30 10-19-2013 10:49 AM
560 (236) in NBME Form 7 Antonosjn USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 08-22-2011 01:08 AM
Thinking to take NBME Form 11 and Form 7 examtaker USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 08-03-2011 12:22 PM
nbme form 4 Pixie USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 02-23-2011 08:49 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)