USMLERx Review - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     59,471 Members     259,916 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


View Poll Results: What do you think about USMLERx for Step 1?
USMLERx for step 1 is a fantastic qbank 7
USMLERx for step 1 is a good qbank 14
USMLERx for step 1 is an average qbank 9
USMLERx for step 1 is not that good qbank 8
USMLERx for step 1 is a terrrible qbank 4
Voters: 42. You have to register to vote in this poll.

This is a dynamic poll. Disregard the original thread starting date, members are still casting votes on this poll.
The poll still reflects the current popularity of the options.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Listening USMLERx Review

Hi,
I want to know if any of you have taken USMLERx and what are your review regarding USMLERx?

Thanks.

Back to the school I heard a lot of good reviews but not that many as UW or Kaplan Qbank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (07-11-2011)



  #2  
Old 07-11-2011
Amenah's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 160
Threads: 15
Thanked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default

hi ,
I am doing USMLERx and FA, I think it's helpful ..but u have to get use to the small font, but every body is saying UW is a must.
Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (07-11-2011)
  #3  
Old 07-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenah View Post
hi im doin usmlerx and FA , i think it's helpful ..but u have to get use to the small font ,but every body is saying UW is a must.
Good luck
I just finished UW at 71% all question always unsed/timed/random...

I just took my first Exam of 48 question on usmle RX and scored 67% being the average 57... Lets see how it goes, USMLE world its great.. but i just completed that one. Still need more reviews...

Btw, Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-11-2011
Amenah's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 160
Threads: 15
Thanked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
I just finished UW at 71% all question always unsed/timed/random...

I just took my first Exam of 48 question on usmle RX and scored 67% being the average 57... Lets see how it goes, USMLE world its great.. but i just completed that one. Still need more reviews...

Btw, Thanks for the info.
that's great, keep going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-11-2011
StepTaker's Avatar
USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,263
Threads: 147
Thanked 4,494 Times in 1,547 Posts
Reputation: 4590
Arrow See the best Qbank Poll

You can also compare USMLERx with other qbanks here
What is the best USMLE Step 1 Question Bank?

-
__________________
Want to support us! Order your books from our Best USMLE Books Page!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
rulz (07-13-2011)
  #6  
Old 07-11-2011
mary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 339
Threads: 12
Thanked 391 Times in 141 Posts
Reputation: 401
Warning! It comes after the other major three

To me USMLERx ranks fourth after UW and Kaplan and USMLE Consult , so if you have time for a third bank then do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
rulz (07-13-2011)
  #7  
Old 07-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Im doing usmle Rx, because i ended Qbank KAplan at 56% and UW at 71%...
and yet i took a NBME 6 which i scored 196... so now im doing usmle RX to get better score after reviewing FA ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-12-2011
drciri's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 174
Threads: 55
Thanked 244 Times in 65 Posts
Reputation: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to drciri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
Im doing usmle Rx, because i ended Qbank KAplan at 56% and UW at 71%...
and yet i took a NBME 6 which i scored 196... so now im doing usmle RX to get better score after reviewing FA ...
mine was the same..done kaplan n uworld scores were like you..
now doing usmle rx...it appears little easy and little tough..its predicting my score around 230..i dont kw how much i can rely on tht score..only previous exam takers who did usmlerx will be able to help us i guess..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-12-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drciri View Post
mine was the same..done kaplan n uworld scores were like you..
now doing usmle rx...it appears little easy and little tough..its predicting my score around 230..i dont kw how much i can rely on tht score..only previous exam takers who did usmlerx will be able to help us i guess..
I dont know if you take any NBME, but i was thinking on going on usmleRX by subject and not "random" ... what do you think ? just to get strong re-enforcement on each subject of FA.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-12-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Warning!

Please only vote if you have done USMLERx, Please DO NOT vote if you have not done USMLERx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-12-2011
drciri's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 174
Threads: 55
Thanked 244 Times in 65 Posts
Reputation: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to drciri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
I dont know if you take any NBME, but i was thinking on going on usmleRX by subject and not "random" ... what do you think ? just to get strong re-enforcement on each subject of FA.

What do you think?
well my exam is on 27th..so i subscribed it for this last month practice..i did uworld 3months back which i did subjectwise mostly.at that time i dont kw how to use it and iam nt familiar with dis forum to take advice..then there is a gap in my prep and finally iam giving my exam now..i dont want to subscribe uworld again bcoz i thought may be i may recolect few Q`s and my score will be biased.so i got usmleRx and practising it in random and test mode....so far iam happy bcoz i got to know the topics that i cant recollect and iam lagging in.i actually choosed this qbank so that i can review first aid parallely and instead of simply mugging up firstaid we can get an idea about how they frame the questions for which you defenitely find an answer in FA..basically i learned how to apply first aid notes to choose an answer..
My only concern is how far we can relay on this usmlerx score of simulation exams..bcoz i got 245 in one and 230 in one..one month back my nbme 11 score was 200..when iam revising it now i realised that i did few easy Q`s wrong which are high yeild in first aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
rulz (07-13-2011)
  #12  
Old 07-13-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

In my opinion, Usmlerx just repeat answers again and again, no concept, no integration. UW is far better than others qbank, and also pattern in the real exam is exactly like uw, u should stick with uw as much as possible. People who got high score often say uw is the best qbank...........don't waste ur time with others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-13-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushingface View Post
In my opinion, Usmlerx just repeat answers again and again, no concept, no integration. UW is far better than others qbank, and also pattern in the real exam is exactly like uw, u should stick with uw as much as possible. People who got high score often say uw is the best qbank...........don't waste ur time with others
Thanks, but i did QKaplan and Q UW already... Scored 56 and 71% as i stated... i already knows all the question is pointless for me to go over UW again... if i repeat the UW bank i score 100%... im not looking for get pointless score... I know all the answer already... mostly if i fail 1 test on UW it will be around 80%, that's a fail for me there... but im sure is bias because i already took UW... so no point going there for me...

Regarding your friends, Depends on what they took,, i cant say usmleRX are worse or better base on ppl who didnt take USmleRX i know UW is the best, but i need another Qbank, i've already taken 5 test since yesterday and they are helpful... i scored each one 65-67 and today my lowest 60%... Still found pretty helpful because its giving me tips and making me think on things that i didnt focus ... and better yet.. its based on FA the integration are good to go.

I've talkd to ppl who took UW/Kaplan and usmle RX and people who found to be in my same spot ( reviewing USMLE world and kaplan and still stuck to their score in my case im around 200 ) they found that when they jump to umsle RX ( because they though it will help ) in fact it did... it boost them up to 95 and 99...

Im not saying this without the others... im saying this USMLE RX and with integration could help you out... well i will tell you my experience by the end of this month... As Dr. Goljan Says "The more you read, the higher the score"... It wont kill =) in fact if you feel so, go for UW again after this review... or go for NBME as im intend to do.. =)

wow, long post, but just my 2 cents...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drciri (07-13-2011)
  #14  
Old 07-13-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drciri View Post
well my exam is on 27th..so i subscribed it for this last month practice..i did uworld 3months back which i did subjectwise mostly.at that time i dont kw how to use it and iam nt familiar with dis forum to take advice..then there is a gap in my prep and finally iam giving my exam now..i dont want to subscribe uworld again bcoz i thought may be i may recolect few Q`s and my score will be biased.so i got usmleRx and practising it in random and test mode....so far iam happy bcoz i got to know the topics that i cant recollect and iam lagging in.i actually choosed this qbank so that i can review first aid parallely and instead of simply mugging up firstaid we can get an idea about how they frame the questions for which you defenitely find an answer in FA..basically i learned how to apply first aid notes to choose an answer..
My only concern is how far we can relay on this usmlerx score of simulation exams..bcoz i got 245 in one and 230 in one..one month back my nbme 11 score was 200..when iam revising it now i realised that i did few easy Q`s wrong which are high yeild in first aid.
I got you, i was looking all over the web to see if those simulators exam are to be trust, didnt found anything, but as far as i know after i finish the review course i will go for NBME instead of their simulator.

I will definately take 1 full and 1 half simulator ( already selected ) but after those i will go for NBME 12... =).. as i was saying,, their integration is good, i will tell u after this month if it help me.. =)

btw, Thanks for your input, it is really helpful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drciri (07-13-2011)
  #15  
Old 07-13-2011
drciri's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 174
Threads: 55
Thanked 244 Times in 65 Posts
Reputation: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to drciri
Default

even i will figure that out in 2 or 3 days.iam giving nbme 6..2wks for my exam now..my be i will do form 12 in the last week..i heard form 12 is tough.so i dont want to get depressed at this time...iam playing safe i guess..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-14-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drciri View Post
even i will figure that out in 2 or 3 days.iam giving nbme 6..2wks for my exam now..my be i will do form 12 in the last week..i heard form 12 is tough.so i dont want to get depressed at this time...iam playing safe i guess..
And you did study from Usmle RX or are we just talking about form 12?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 07-14-2011
drciri's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 174
Threads: 55
Thanked 244 Times in 65 Posts
Reputation: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to drciri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
And you did study from Usmle RX or are we just talking about form 12?
hey..i am doing usmle rx right now...infact its gonna end in 2days and i managed to do 3simulations and 95 percent of the Q`s.

i was actually speaking about your advice to give NBME[as we dont know how much we can relay on usmlerx score]..i heard nmbe 12 is tough so i choosed nbme 6 to try on sunday..bcos if i score low on nbme 12 i will be depressed and i dont have time to get depressed..hope u understand..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 07-14-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drciri View Post
hey..i am doing usmle rx right now...infact its gonna end in 2days and i managed to do 3simulations and 95 percent of the Q`s.

i was actually speaking about your advice to give NBME[as we dont know how much we can relay on usmlerx score]..i heard nmbe 12 is tough so i choosed nbme 6 to try on sunday..bcos if i score low on nbme 12 i will be depressed and i dont have time to get depressed..hope u understand..
I heard its tough, but same time i heard its Just average... =) So i already did NBME 6. Its good... But lets predictive to what i heard... Its your choice, but if you want to go for nbme 6 go for it... you will ACES IT... BE confidence and Bring it! =))

I wish you all the luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drciri (07-14-2011)
  #19  
Old 07-14-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 564
Threads: 24
Thanked 509 Times in 262 Posts
Reputation: 519
Default

Btw, i dont know, but Usmle Rx i found it Good like Qbank and UW, but they approach its way different,, kinda Easier sometimes, but they do go for a lot of treatment which sometimes makes me thing is not for Step 1,,, but still i manage to get the answer right,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 12-05-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 206
Threads: 59
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default usmlerx

dear usmlerx users
How did you guys like that qbank?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 12-05-2011
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 226 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 236
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

waste of time!!
except for sum bits of Pharmaa.. i did the offline version.. half of it.not the whole thingg.. it shud b done wen ur done with ur first read of Kaplan books.. its v basic!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 12-05-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 206
Threads: 59
Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
waste of time!!
except for sum bits of Pharmaa.. i did the offline version.. half of it.not the whole thingg.. it shud b done wen ur done with ur first read of Kaplan books.. its v basic!
Very basic? Please elaborate. I am planning on doing the online one.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 31
Threads: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default i extended for usmlersx

hi step oners

have you heard of usmle rx
well let me tell you, I have done uw and kap a million times and finally I found a q bank that is to me like the real exam, I am not advertising for them but I am kicking my self that I did not do it sooner, I always believe the exam is a lot like fa and this q bank Its a lot like FA so I can do my memorizing and studying in one shot.

please please share your experiences with usmlerx, i don't want to misguide myself, I am not pro at this

I extended my exam by 2 months so i can review this q bank what do you think?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 851
Threads: 88
Thanked 669 Times in 375 Posts
Reputation: 679
Default

i purchased usmlerx and did 15 blocks then i stopped. i found several mistakes in it, what i mean is there were conflicting concepts with uworld. moreover the wording of the questions were strange sometimes i couldnt get what they were asking.
my opinion is, usmlerx may be fine if primary used to get a grip on first aid. but it can be used as a primary qbank, i doubt that.
i personally feel uworld has everything u need for usmle step 1.
even if somebody do uworld twice will gain massively.
its just my experience. if u really like usmlerx, good but at your own risk.

Gluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
hassansiraj (01-27-2012)
  #25  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 40
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

People who write FA, also write USMLERX, hence, the similarities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

I voted for terrible in the poll above.

It's a waste of time.

Questions are not exam-style at all.

A company that is good in writing a book (FA in this case) does not necessarily mean it's good in writing an online qbank.

Ask USMLE World to write a book, I bet it's gonna be terrible.

They are trying to advertise for it everywhere yet they never succeeded in replacing UW or even Kaplan, in fact they ranked after USMLE Consult here
What is the best USMLE Step 1 Question Bank?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 65
Threads: 15
Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

The purpose of RX isn't to simulate the exam.

It's purpose is to help you bang home facts in FA and actively review it rather then sitting and reading it in autopilot mode.

It's purpose is simple factual recall of FA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (01-26-2012)
  #28  
Old 01-26-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 433
Threads: 52
Thanked 379 Times in 146 Posts
Reputation: 389
Default number of qs

guys for those who r solving it right now
the questions are they 3000+ as they say on the website or they r 1200 like the offline version?
__________________
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 05-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default usmlerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_enhancer View Post
i purchased usmlerx and did 15 blocks then i stopped. i found several mistakes in it, what i mean is there were conflicting concepts with uworld. moreover the wording of the questions were strange sometimes i couldnt get what they were asking.
my opinion is, usmlerx may be fine if primary used to get a grip on first aid. but it can be used as a primary qbank, i doubt that.
i personally feel uworld has everything u need for usmle step 1.
even if somebody do uworld twice will gain massively.
its just my experience. if u really like usmlerx, good but at your own risk.

Gluck
I totally agree with you... sometimes the questions arent conveying what they want to..they try to trick you...but I heard that the real exam is stright forward and doesnt trick you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
USMLERx-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLERx Files kdm0101 For Sale & Wanted Items 1 06-10-2011 07:03 PM
USMLErx versus First Aid Q&A pash USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 05-10-2011 09:59 AM
First Aid Q&A ... USMLERx noone_123i USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 09-16-2010 09:58 AM
Q Regarding USMLERX nvme USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 10-09-2009 08:04 AM
Nobody is using USMLERx chris USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 08-29-2009 06:32 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)