July 20th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2011
Dr_Laura's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 499
Threads: 85
Thanked 529 Times in 222 Posts
Reputation: 539
Exam-Results July 20th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread

I'm dying here refreshing OASIS... nothing yet!!!
__________________
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (07-20-2011), jahn77 (07-20-2011), rulz (07-20-2011)



  #2  
Old 07-20-2011
jahn77's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 326
Threads: 20
Thanked 220 Times in 124 Posts
Reputation: 232
Help

understandable! wish would be more than you expect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (07-20-2011)
  #3  
Old 07-20-2011
Mashee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 147
Threads: 9
Thanked 99 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 109
Default

All the best Dr Laura!:sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (07-20-2011)
  #4  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 566
Threads: 25
Thanked 522 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 532
Default

Wish you all the best laura... =) Just be calm and trust in GoD!!!! =) you will rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-20-2011
Dr_Laura's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 499
Threads: 85
Thanked 529 Times in 222 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
Wish you all the best laura... =) Just be calm and trust in GoD!!!! =) you will rock!
Maybe I calculated wrong??? I took it July 1st... Nothing yet! I thought it would be today. Anyone else that took it that day???
__________________
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 566
Threads: 25
Thanked 522 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Laura View Post
Maybe I calculated wrong??? I took it July 1st... Nothing yet! I thought it would be today. Anyone else that took it that day???
Yeap, As far as i know, you did the calculations wrong, if you took exam 27-28 then it should be by today, but after 29- 1 ( that week ) you should expect the score on July 27. Based on your exam date, it should be 3 weeks ( to be more exact, 3 more Wednesday if you took the exam before the last Wednesday, if you did after it you have to add 1 more wednesday )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 35
Threads: 1
Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

i took the exam on 28th of june and i received it today
may be u will receive it next wednesday
good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 566
Threads: 25
Thanked 522 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Saoudi View Post
i took the exam on 28th of june and i received it today
may be u will receive it next wednesday
good luck
Pardon to ask, how it was ? Share your experience if you dont mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 35
Threads: 1
Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 59
Smile

yeah sure...
i started studying since august 2010 but for the first two months my average was 6 to 8 hrs per day then gradually increased to 10 hrs
i finished all kaplan books plus BRS physiology and Koljan by the beginning of january 2011 then i enrolled to a kaplan live lectures for 7 weeks....through that i read the book for the second time in a fast reading
started Kaplan qbank after that with 2 to 3 blocks per day....i finished it within one month..
did NBME 5 online and i got 440/ 85....it was like a shock for me at that time but i realized it was very imp to show me my weak points
then i started reading FA with USMLE world ....i took me 2 months to finish them
Kaplan qbank 100% 63
NBME 5 440/ 85 3 months before my exam
USMLE world 100% 70 timed mixed unused
then i read FA for a second time ( fast reading ) + listening to Kolijan audio and reviewing few topics in the book
read Kaplan pathology and pharmacology 3 times and the rest 2 times.
NBME 12 550 4 weeks before ma exam
NBME 7 600 2 weeks before ma exam
USMLESE 1 245 10 days before the exam
USMLESE 2 255 5 days before the exam
150 free questions 88 2 days before the exam
My Real Score is 230/99
i was referred to this wonderful forum by ma friend Harry.......i was checking the questions and explanations daily ....really really helpful ..tnx u guys alot
wish u all the best and good luck
sorry to write on this wall
hope dr.laura to get the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docusmle9 (07-27-2011), NAZIAMK (07-20-2011)
  #10  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 566
Threads: 25
Thanked 522 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Saoudi View Post
yeah sure...
i started studying since august 2010 but for the first two months my average was 6 to 8 hrs per day then gradually increased to 10 hrs
i finished all kaplan books plus BRS physiology and Koljan by the beginning of january 2011 then i enrolled to a kaplan live lectures for 7 weeks....through that i read the book for the second time in a fast reading
started Kaplan qbank after that with 2 to 3 blocks per day....i finished it within one month..
did NBME 5 online and i got 440/ 85....it was like a shock for me at that time but i realized it was very imp to show me my weak points
then i started reading FA with USMLE world ....i took me 2 months to finish them
Kaplan qbank 100% 63
NBME 5 440/ 85 3 months before my exam
USMLE world 100% 70 timed mixed unused
then i read FA for a second time ( fast reading ) + listening to Kolijan audio and reviewing few topics in the book
read Kaplan pathology and pharmacology 3 times and the rest 2 times.
NBME 12 550 4 weeks before ma exam
NBME 7 600 2 weeks before ma exam
USMLESE 1 245 10 days before the exam
USMLESE 2 255 5 days before the exam
150 free questions 88 2 days before the exam
My Real Score is 230/99
i was referred to this wonderful forum by ma friend Harry.......i was checking the questions and explanations daily ....really really helpful ..tnx u guys alot
wish u all the best and good luck
sorry to write on this wall
hope dr.laura to get the same
Thanks, Do a post so we dont mess with Dr.Laura post and i have a few question... Score of usmle world and by fast reading FA what do u mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 35
Threads: 1
Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

mean at the same time
u r welcome
i posted that now as a thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 07-20-2011
NAZIAMK's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 72
Threads: 8
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default Best wishes

I pray a 99 for u..:sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-20-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 288
Threads: 28
Thanked 90 Times in 73 Posts
Reputation: 100
Default

A 12-year-old girl is brought in by her mother, who reports dark brown urine and swelling around the daughter’s eyes. The patient may have complained about a sore throat 2 weeks prior. Which lab result would confirm the suspected diagnosis?
A. Urinalysis positive for protein and red blood cells
B. Serum BUN > 50
C. Serum negative for presence of anti-DNAse B antibodies
D. Elevated serum C3 concentration
E. Serum ASO titer > 1:330
anyone please help me find an answer for this Q.....this was posted by rinko...thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-27-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordexter View Post
A 12-year-old girl is brought in by her mother, who reports dark brown urine and swelling around the daughter’s eyes. The patient may have complained about a sore throat 2 weeks prior. Which lab result would confirm the suspected diagnosis?
A. Urinalysis positive for protein and red blood cells
B. Serum BUN > 50
C. Serum negative for presence of anti-DNAse B antibodies
D. Elevated serum C3 concentration
E. Serum ASO titer > 1:330
anyone please help me find an answer for this Q.....this was posted by rinko...thank u
e.. poststreptococcal glomerulonephirtis serum ASO titter greater than 200 is sensitive test for this disease...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 07-27-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 288
Threads: 28
Thanked 90 Times in 73 Posts
Reputation: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsattar75 View Post
e.. poststreptococcal glomerulonephirtis serum ASO titter greater than 200 is sensitive test for this disease...
ya i thought the same too...i agree with you,but goljan says as ASO titers are degraded by the oils in the skin,its not increased.
since in option C it was given "negative" for anti-DNAase B antibodies,ruling out all the options E would be the answer. cheers i am guessing C would be the ans if "positive" was given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-27-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Hi Al-Saoudi

Dear @ Al-Saoudi

Hi!!

I have a question for you.
Are you an International Medical Graduate or an American Graduate?
I am also looking forward to join 7 weeks live prep but I am on F2 visa and not not sure if I can still join or not

Would you throw some light on this?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 07-28-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

[QUOTE=doctordexter;56652]ya i thought the same too...i agree with you,but goljan says as ASO titers are degraded by the oils in the skin,its not increased.
since in option C it was given "negative" for anti-DNAase B antibodies,ruling out all the options E would be the answer. cheers i am guessing C would be the ans if "positive" was given
ASO titer has more specificity and sensitivity as compared to antiDNases which can b positive in other infections also just like antihyaluronidases ... hope that its easy now ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docusmle9 (07-28-2011)
  #18  
Old 07-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 35
Threads: 1
Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

Am International medical graduate so i think am in the same boat like u
well, it depends on how long ur F2 visa expiration....u can come to the states and then join the 7 weeks live lecture if ur F2 visa allow u that
if Not u have to apply for a visa after getting ur I20 from Kaplan F1 visa

Best
wish u the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Wednesday-Results-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
December 28th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread dr.iyad USMLE Step 1 Forum 18 01-08-2012 05:38 PM
December 21st, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread heman466s USMLE Step 1 Forum 39 12-21-2011 07:30 PM
October 26th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread jaimin USMLE Step 1 Forum 45 10-26-2011 08:23 PM
July 13th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread OzoneZone234 USMLE Step 1 Forum 47 08-24-2011 11:13 AM
July 27th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread Dr_Laura USMLE Step 1 Forum 18 07-29-2011 11:09 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)