is physiology considered to be one of the hardests for you of all subj in usmle ? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 131
Threads: 49
Thanked 35 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 45
Default is physiology considered to be one of the hardests for you of all subj in usmle ?

i have started my preparation for usmle, from physiology, 1 month ago . so it is harder, than i thought. i read it from BRS, sometimes I don't understand something , i go for youtube videos, kaplan videos . it takes much time for me . and i can not memorize much things in it, however i understand most concepts(after lot of time with videos) . of course i will read it more than 1 time , but now i am very confused with it . at the end of BRS chapters there are questions and in some chapters I have plenty of mistakes . i read the explanation of that questions and that makes me a bit better. in the poll of the hardest subjects I saw that physio has 15 votes and others have more than it , even biochem is 93. physio is my first subj . after i read it i will go for biochem . is it so hard further ? p.s. some guys post that they read 40-50 pages per day . i can not do that (( even if i will do that, i will not understand it . so, i must read it again , watch some videos and so on . that will take some days, 2-3 maybe or more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-13-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 216
Threads: 1
Thanked 113 Times in 74 Posts
Reputation: 123
Default

everything is difficult for people on a different level.
physio is one of the higher tested subjects, after patho. to get a good score, you need a good understanding of pathophys.
i would recommend kaplan videos since you're having a difficult time. although uworld and FA are enough for step 1, for people who have trouble, kaplan videos are good. fishcer does the phys vids and i think they are good.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-13-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Physiology is hardest subject definitely.

But it is hard because there is not any good source unless you decide to read guyton. Kaplan physio definitely sucks. Especially the guy who teaches renal phsio might be the worst professor i ve ever seen.

if you have time read guyton. İt is the best physio source available.

İf you dont have time dont read kaplan and trust me dont watch kaplan videos. Do not waste your time with kaplan physio. Start doing uworld physio questions after BRS physio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-13-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 216
Threads: 1
Thanked 113 Times in 74 Posts
Reputation: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barıs Olten View Post
Physiology is hardest subject definitely.

But it is hard because there is not any good source unless you decide to read guyton. Kaplan physio definitely sucks. Especially the guy who teaches renal phsio might be the worst professor i ve ever seen.

if you have time read guyton. İt is the best physio source available.

İf you dont have time dont read kaplan and trust me dont watch kaplan videos. Do not waste your time with kaplan physio. Start doing uworld physio questions after BRS physio.
guyton is such a waste of time. he repeats the same thing again and again. that is useless advice for step 1. that's the advice you give to someone who is studying in first year !

kaplan videos are explained nicely especially for this person who is having a hard time with physio. please don't give advise like that. look up reviews on this forum and on other forums, kap physio is probably the best lectures they have in the entire video series. fischer is a great guy who does a really good job of explaining things.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-13-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr88 View Post
guyton is such a waste of time. he repeats the same thing again and again. that is useless advice for step 1. that's the advice you give to someone who is studying in first year !

kaplan videos are explained nicely especially for this person who is having a hard time with physio. please don't give advise like that. look up reviews on this forum and on other forums, kap physio is probably the best lectures they have in the entire video series. fischer is a great guy who does a really good job of explaining things.
Kaplan might be the best of the worsts. But that doesnt change the general idea . Kaplan physio is definitely waste of time. Fischer is ok but Kudrath and the guy who talks about renal phsio definitely sucks Fischer just teaches endocrine gastro and some low yield subjects. The others are taught by different professors.

Man i watched these videos and read the book so please dont tell me . And dont act like you are one of these kaplan representatives. uworld and BRS combination is much more better than kaplan physio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-14-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 131
Threads: 49
Thanked 35 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 45
Default

thanks guys . yea, i agree , fisher is really cool, but others are awfull . i will read several times brs, so maybe i will improve my physio . and i don't want to do uworld now , i will do that after i finish all subjects . i would like to do guyton, but i have not much time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-14-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 216
Threads: 1
Thanked 113 Times in 74 Posts
Reputation: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barıs Olten View Post
Kaplan might be the best of the worsts. But that doesnt change the general idea . Kaplan physio is definitely waste of time. Fischer is ok but Kudrath and the guy who talks about renal phsio definitely sucks Fischer just teaches endocrine gastro and some low yield subjects. The others are taught by different professors.

Man i watched these videos and read the book so please dont tell me . And dont act like you are one of these kaplan representatives. uworld and BRS combination is much more better than kaplan physio.
I am not a kaplan representative; if you read my posts previously, I tell people that FA + uworld + pathoma is the key to step 1. Nowhere do I even mention kaplan.
But for someone having a hard time with physio as this person is having, Kaplan is the better one to get a good understanding of it. BRS alone isn't enough as the OP already pointed out that s/he is having a hard time understanding BRS.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-14-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 216
Threads: 1
Thanked 113 Times in 74 Posts
Reputation: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elMuchacho View Post
thanks guys . yea, i agree , fisher is really cool, but others are awfull . i will read several times brs, so maybe i will improve my physio . and i don't want to do uworld now , i will do that after i finish all subjects . i would like to do guyton, but i have not much time .
If you are having a difficult time understanding BRS, try to watch physio videos. I think the videos might be better for you than reading the lecture notes. Sometimes we need explanations. Good luck.
Practice questions; that'll help. If you don't want to exhaust your uworld bank before the prep, you can try pre test physiology. They have really good explanations for questions. Though the questions are very hard. But if you read the entire explanation, it'll be beneficial for you in my opinion.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 82
Threads: 6
Thanked 99 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elMuchacho View Post
i have started my preparation for usmle, from physiology, 1 month ago . so it is harder, than i thought. i read it from BRS, sometimes I don't understand something , i go for youtube videos, kaplan videos . it takes much time for me . and i can not memorize much things in it, however i understand most concepts(after lot of time with videos) . of course i will read it more than 1 time , but now i am very confused with it . at the end of BRS chapters there are questions and in some chapters I have plenty of mistakes . i read the explanation of that questions and that makes me a bit better. in the poll of the hardest subjects I saw that physio has 15 votes and others have more than it , even biochem is 93. physio is my first subj . after i read it i will go for biochem . is it so hard further ? p.s. some guys post that they read 40-50 pages per day . i can not do that (( even if i will do that, i will not understand it . so, i must read it again , watch some videos and so on . that will take some days, 2-3 maybe or more

elMuchacho. If you have time on your hands, and if you want the ULTIMATE concepts for physio, watch najeeb on 2.3x.

It'll take some time I agree, but it'll be worth it. Also, if you can stand his accent that is.

Good luck!

__________________________________________________ ______

I'm coaching students one on one on skype for clarification of concepts and further tips for $10 an hour. The first session is free. Inbox me if interested!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-15-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 131
Threads: 49
Thanked 35 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluespirit View Post
watch najeeb on 2.3x.
how can i watch videos with that speed ? youtube is max 2x .witch video player should I use ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Physiology Book For USMLE Step 1 StepTaker USMLE Step 1 Recommended Threads 7 11-07-2016 05:13 PM
Is Physiology tested in USMLE? ezguy USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 11-27-2012 08:47 AM
Best Physiology Book for USMLE vishwasingh55 USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 06-02-2012 06:25 AM
is there physiology calculation questions in usmle MedicalDR14 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 11-09-2010 11:44 AM
Physiology on the USMLE ashishkabir USMLE Step 1 Forum 16 10-31-2010 09:44 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)