Histology is so boring! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 276 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 286
USMLE Books Histology is so boring!

Histology is soooo boring. brrrrrrrrrrrrrr can someone help me to cram it?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 08-04-2011
Relid's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 41
Default

Actually, it depends on which book you re using...

Check this one out Best Cell Biology / Histology Book for USMLE Step 1
I am studying BRS Cell Biology and Histology.
I am very satisfied by this book. And i would say that ,despite being long compared to other histology books and getting into more details, it actually feels good studying it.
My personal advice is to not underestimate histology or cram it in the end, because histology pictures are actually increasing in number in the exams.

Hope i helped you out!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kdm0101 (08-04-2011)
  #3  
Old 08-04-2011
val7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 557
Threads: 29
Thanked 296 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat_md View Post
Actually, it depends on which book you re using...

Check this one out Best Cell Biology / Histology Book for USMLE Step 1
I am studying BRS Cell Biology and Histology.
I am very satisfied by this book. And i would say that ,despite being long compared to other histology books and getting into more details, it actually feels good studying it.
My personal advice is to not underestimate histology or cram it in the end, because histology pictures are actually increasing in number in the exams.

Hope i helped you out!!!

Thanks! Have you compared the BRS Cell Biology and Histology to the HY Cell & Molecular Biology? I'm trying to figure out which one to order... does the HY even contain histology?
I'm thankful for anyone who has compared the two!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kdm0101 (08-04-2011)
 
  #4  
Old 08-04-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 276 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default histo

actually i have already finished it on Kaplan n FA so will do UWorld now with it.cant spend time on multiple books for Histology.kets hope for the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-04-2011
Relid's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by val7 View Post
Thanks! Have you compared the BRS Cell Biology and Histology to the HY Cell & Molecular Biology? I'm trying to figure out which one to order... does the HY even contain histology?
I'm thankful for anyone who has compared the two!

This was a dilemma i was into months ago! The only comparison i did between these books was at the bookstore. The HY Cell & Molecular Biology has no Histology in it. (As you can also see in the contents in amazon). But there is a HY Histology book.
However, i'll go with BRS!!! Two books in one! What is more i personally beleive that cell biology in HY is way too much! I mean a whole book for cell biology... c'mon!!!
Generally, i prefer BRS than HY. I have the impression that with BRS books being longer i don't miss anything!
But the choice is yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shafff111 (11-01-2011)
  #6  
Old 08-04-2011
val7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 557
Threads: 29
Thanked 296 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat_md View Post
This was a dilemma i was into months ago! The only comparison i did between these books was at the bookstore. The HY Cell & Molecular Biology has no Histology in it. (As you can also see in the contents in amazon). But there is a HY Histology book.
However, i'll go with BRS!!! Two books in one! What is more i personally beleive that cell biology in HY is way too much! I mean a whole book for cell biology... c'mon!!!
Generally, i prefer BRS than HY. I have the impression that with BRS books being longer i don't miss anything!
But the choice is yours!

Thank you! I think I'll go with BRS too... Unfortunately there aren't any bookstores anywhere near me that carry English medical books so the only thing I can do is order them on amazon and hope they are ok :-D
So thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Histology-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kaplan Neuroanatomy is so boring! Claus_CU USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 11-23-2013 07:39 PM
Kaplan Pediatrics is boring iron USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 07-21-2011 04:45 AM
Histology Help needed Dr.faraz USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 04-01-2011 06:24 AM
How are you dealing with Histology? raheel_memon USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 12-23-2010 04:59 PM
neuroanatomy and histology priyanka1 USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 04-13-2010 10:43 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)