I've got my USMLE Step 1 Score! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Smile I've got my USMLE Step 1 Score!

Ok guys I've got my USMLE step 1 score and it's 99 and 238!
Is that a good score for an old IMG?
have a look here

I've got my USMLE Step 1 Score!-score99.jpg


My friends are telling me that I will not get a match even with such a high score because they never take 13 years old IMG after grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Saif al (08-26-2013), Sana Zahid (12-22-2010)



  #2  
Old 01-22-2010
ahassan's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 48
Threads: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 67
Default

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is an awesome score ppl (like me) dream of! well done!

Secondly, just go ahead and apply for residency, it's fair game and even though you are an old graduate you have enough right as anyone to apply. This whole thing is a game of fortune.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope u rock step 2!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-22-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahassan View Post
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is an awesome score ppl (like me) dream of! well done!

Secondly, just go ahead and apply for residency, it's fair game and even though you are an old graduate you have enough right as anyone to apply. This whole thing is a game of fortune.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope u rock step 2!
Thank you for the congrats
but really am not so happy with it
Everyday I realize there's no hope for old grads even with double 99 scores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-22-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 34
Threads: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Great Score man, well done. and go get Step 2 CK and CS with double 99 and get your residency you never think of what they're telling you, remember why you started it and keep going thumbs up !!
__________________
" The sign on the door to success says, 'PUSH'."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-22-2010
HouseWannabe's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 120
Threads: 13
Thanked 147 Times in 45 Posts
Reputation: 157
Default

CONGRATS!!! I can't even imagine a score like that... Be proud of what you've accomplished! Besides you never know, some hospitals look at old grads as people with more life experience.. so you never know how things will go unless you try .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-22-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 36
Threads: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Thumbs Up Congratulations

This is amazing score.......................well done........I wish God give me such a great score.............I appreciate ur hard work and courage and i think that the Board will consider you specially that u have worked hard alot even after long time and may be u have work experience as well..............so u have got plus points to get residency..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-23-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 35
Threads: 4
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

wow!!! CONGRATS!!! u v given best from ur side.... God wil give best to u from his side.... dats what i beleive....

do pray for me tooo my xam z very near..... n really tensed!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-23-2010
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 238
Threads: 56
Thanked 201 Times in 60 Posts
Reputation: 231
Default

congratz superwild!

How bout you write to us your whole journey? Your whole exam experience. I would help many of us alot to learn from you, especially me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-23-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Great Score man, well done. and go get Step 2 CK and CS with double 99 and get your residency you never think of what they're telling you, remember why you started it and keep going thumbs up !!
Thank my dear,
Do you remember when you told me this
Just did the exam
Your predictions came true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 01-23-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontea88 View Post
congratz superwild!

How bout you write to us your whole journey? Your whole exam experience. I would help many of us alot to learn from you, especially me.
OK, I'll start a new thread about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 01-23-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauzan View Post
wow!!! CONGRATS!!! u v given best from ur side.... God wil give best to u from his side.... dats what i beleive....

do pray for me tooo my xam z very near..... n really tensed!!!
Good luck my friend and we'll pray for you
Tell us how you did when you finish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 01-23-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Thanks Sohni and Housewannabe for the encouragement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 01-30-2010
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

congrats you've done a great job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
superwild (03-14-2010)
  #14  
Old 03-13-2010
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default your amazing

you did absolutely well

dont let the negative poeple bring you down

you will nail step 2 and get a residency

dont forget, the poeple reading the applications, are ur age, wont they feel more connection during interview

dont get bogged odown by what peopel SAY

"whether you believe you can, or believe you cant

you are right"

-Model T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
superwild (03-13-2010)
  #15  
Old 03-13-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Smile tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by drflyinfish007 View Post
you did absolutely well dont let the negative poeple bring you down you will nail step 2 and get a resideny dont forget, the poeple reading the applications, are ur age, wont they feel more connection during interview dont get bogged odown by what peopel SAY
"whether you believe you can, or believe you cant you are right" -Model T
Thank you very much my friend, really appreciate your encouragement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 03-14-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,310 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1333
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwild View Post
Ok guys I've got my USMLE step 1 score and it's 99 and 238!
Is that a good score for an old IMG?
have a look here
My friends are telling me that I will not get a match even with such a high score because they never take 13 years old IMG after grad
Hi,

First off, congratulations superwild on the 99!!
I read this book by Jack Canfield and he says people around you will always try to bring you down to their level (not consciously but mostly because they haven't achieved Gold and don't want anyone else to do as well). As I see it your friends are probably jealous of your score (also again not on a conscious level because everyone is beautiful and nice) but its up to you where you wanna move from here. You can PUSH the door of success or miss out on what can change your entire life. We achieve what we want more than what we can because what we actually can do is what we want. So want a bright future not what your friend wants.

Do share your journey with us, I want a 99 too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr shamail (04-07-2012), silakan_isi (03-26-2010), superwild (03-14-2010)
  #17  
Old 03-14-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 47
Threads: 11
Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

I am delighted for you. I agree with the comment above about others dragging you down. It IS hard to be happy for others - jealousy gets in the way even when they might not be in the same competition. Ignore them with a smile on the outside and a smirk on the inside knowing they are incapable of sharing your joy. You will, God willing, get a residency where you want it. A 99!! Nothing and no one can taint THAT joy!
:}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
superwild (03-14-2010)
  #18  
Old 03-14-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default Great insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
Hi,

First off, congratulations superwild on the 99!!
I read this book by Jack Canfield and he says people around you will always try to bring you down to their level (not consciously but mostly because they haven't achieved Gold and don't want anyone else to do as well). As I see it your friends are probably jealous of your score (also again not on a conscious level because everyone is beautiful and nice) but its up to you where you wanna move from here. You can PUSH the door of success or miss out on what can change your entire life. We achieve what we want more than what we can because what we actually can do is what we want. So want a bright future not what your friend wants.

Do share your journey with us, I want a 99 too!!
You really pushed me into continuation, I appreciate your insight.

Please let's keep working here together to get what we WANT

I posted my step 1 preparation here
How did I prepare for USMLE Step 1

Now I'll go and hit on the CK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 03-14-2010
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 6
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Great score.
You said 238 what does this number mean?
Does it mean that you answered 238 out of 350 question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 03-14-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 742
Threads: 137
Thanked 2,446 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 2549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Great score.
You said 238 what does this number mean?
Does it mean that you answered 238 out of 350 question?
There are two types of scores
Two digit and three digit
Check these two threads for further information
How USMLE Scores are calculated?
and
http://www.usmle-forums.com/recommen...it-scores.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 03-30-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,310 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1333
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwild View Post
Ok guys I've got my USMLE step 1 score and it's 99 and 238!
Is that a good score for an old IMG?
have a look here
Attachment 420
My friends are telling me that I will not get a match even with such a high score because they never take 13 years old IMG after grad
hi superwild. how's the preparation going for step 2ck? must be a brief for u considering u're already an experienced doctor. first of all i wanna say thank u for putting up an attachment of yr results and second of all i hope u dont mind that i downloaded it. i changed the score from 238 to 288 and printed it out and stuck it on my wall and my goals book. this way i can envision it better and work harder towards achieving it. so i really hope u dont mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 03-30-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
hi superwild. how's the preparation going for step 2ck? must be a brief for u considering u're already an experienced doctor. first of all i wanna say thank u for putting up an attachment of yr results and second of all i hope u dont mind that i downloaded it. i changed the score from 238 to 288 and printed it out and stuck it on my wall and my goals book. this way i can envision it better and work harder towards achieving it. so i really hope u dont mind.
That's a good idea. But why did you change the score to 288!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 03-30-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,310 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1333
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

288 is the highest score i saw on the USMLE 3-digit score. And that's my target!! hehehe...

i've already posted it on my wall, put tiny copies in both my wallets, in my organizer, my kaplan notes folder and my goals book. this will help me focus all the time, all day till the exam day in november.

Last edited by Seetal; 03-30-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: grammatical error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 03-30-2010
superwild's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 49
Threads: 4
Thanked 43 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
288 is the highest score i saw on the USMLE 3-digit score. And that's my target!! hehehe...

i've already posted it on my wall, put tiny copies in both my wallets, in my organizer, my kaplan notes folder and my goals book. this will help me focus all the time, all day till the exam day in november.
I wish you all luck and I'll be waiting for you to join my CK prep Which I will start in 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 03-31-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Star

Congratulations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 03-31-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 73
Threads: 12
Thanked 85 Times in 39 Posts
Reputation: 95
Send a message via Skype™ to jjsanchezramirez
Default

Your friends are assholes. If you keep getting scores like this, and if you get some US clinical experience, of course you'll get in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Score-Reports-, Step-1-Experience, USMLE-Scores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLE Step 2 CK Score of 244! geof1 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 2 09-29-2016 10:19 AM
How Important is USMLE Step 3 Score? prachu85_v USMLE Step 3 Forum 8 09-29-2016 10:18 AM
Got my USMLE Step 1 Score back today Peewee USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 04-01-2012 04:33 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)