Pharyngeal pouches not covered enough in Kaplan - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 69
Threads: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 27
Question Pharyngeal pouches not covered enough in Kaplan

Hi all..I m in my first read anatomy from kaplan and I realized so far that it is week in embryology...the pharyngeal pouches and their derivatives have not at all been covered in kaplan lecture notes..I just want to know if what is given in kaplan is enough or do we have to refer any other book for embryology..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 08-16-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shravs24 View Post
Hi all..I m in my first read anatomy from kaplan and I realized so far that it is week in embryology...the pharyngeal pouches and their derivatives have not at all been covered in kaplan lecture notes..I just want to know if what is given in kaplan is enough or do we have to refer any other book for embryology..
I think Kaplan anatomy series is not enough I'm personally using HY (high yield) gross HY embryology and HY neuro ... They all cover the anatomy portion well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Shravs24 (08-16-2011)
  #3  
Old 08-16-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 69
Threads: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahzaib View Post
I think Kaplan anatomy series is not enough I'm personally using HY (high yield) gross HY embryology and HY neuro ... They all cover the anatomy portion well
So is it okay if we skip kaplan and do anatomy from high yeild? and also are all three put together , very bulky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-16-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shravs24 View Post
So is it okay if we skip kaplan and do anatomy from high yeild? and also are all three put together , very bulky?
Yeah if you are studying from HY then there is no need to do Kaplan ... And they aren't alot if you combine all three ... So I don't think you'll have much trouble studying them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Shravs24 (08-17-2011)
  #5  
Old 08-17-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 69
Threads: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahzaib View Post
Yeah if you are studying from HY then there is no need to do Kaplan ... And they aren't alot if you combine all three ... So I don't think you'll have much trouble studying them
What about histology..I dont think kaplan has any color slides like they will show in the exam..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-17-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 29
Threads: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shravs24 View Post
What about histology..I dont think kaplan has any color slides like they will show in the exam..
Dunno about histo haven't done that myself I will prolly do that from brs cell biology and histology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Kaplan-Medical, USMLE-Books

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kaplan Lecture Notes versus Kaplan Home Study Program StepTaker USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 10-01-2013 11:35 PM
Kaplan 2010 or Kaplan 2011 Lecture Notes dr.aisha USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 03-13-2012 11:44 AM
pharyngeal pouches ricko335 USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 08-09-2011 11:00 AM
Pharyngeal Arches Mnemonics! bebix USMLE Step 1 Mnemonics 1 07-21-2011 09:21 AM
Pharygeal pouches and origin of parafollicular cells of the thyroid???? cuteguy USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 09-04-2010 09:26 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)