My usmle step 1 experience-254 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 29
Smile My usmle step 1 experience-254

hello everyone i am writing my experience for step 1 exam and step 1 in general
i got my score report two days ago and i got 254 Thanks to Allah almighty

I am an img from pakistan graduated in 2013 then did a one year internship then gave the local postgrad exam

i started preparing for usmle step 1 properly in june 2014 i gave first aid one read then started with kaplan books they were really helpful i exam concepts i did they videos for physiology anatomy biochemistry and some behavioral science, i had planned to do all but got bored and couldn't. of the videos i did they best were physiology especially from dr conrad and dr kudrath anatomy videos are trash don't waste time on them,this took me about 1.5 months, i then unfortunately became slow and distratcted wasted sometime before getting on track and started second read of kaplan this time things became really clear though i didnt do any videos this took me one month,plus i gave one and half read to goljan for pathology in between the reads but when i couldnt retain i moved to pathoma videos and i must say they are gold did them almost twice and made my knowledge of pathology much better this also took about one month
after this i started with usmle world online first i did offline version it took me time since i did slowly and memorized things because i cant seem to make notes bad habbit , this took a month plus one week this made four months after this i bought online subscription of uworld for one month and started doing it with first aid i did two reads of first aid with uworld then 15 days before i gave my nbme 15 online it came to be 254, i planned my exam for 22 December 2014 but latest date available in december was 11 an d my triad was til December so trusting Allah i booked exam for 11th and continued first aid in last week i did some uworld notes made by other people found in facebook step 1 groups they were realy good if you can find them do give them a read it'll take a day or two oh and forgot in last 15 days i also gave 100 cases one read after my nbme 15 3 days before the exam i gave nbme 16 and got 251 on a day before i did the tutorial from usmle website
on they day of exam i went to exam center a little early took some little snacks like chocolate and biscuit, i completed my 15 min tutorial in 7 min and added 8 to break time i took total 3 breaks one main for lunch/prayer as far as the exam content goes the major subject on my exam was pathology, id say upto 60 percent was patho in all forms like slides diagrams mechanism scenarios seriously i didnt expect this much patho, second most tested was physiology , gynae was easy 3 questions easily manageable same with anatomy 4 questions could be done with kaplan plus uworld, pharma questions were straight recall type others like biochem and microbiology were minorly tested ,
the question sstructure was like uworld not nbme most questions were lenghty and difficult compared to uworld or nbme this made time managaement a big problem for me, i barely completed each block

after the exam i felt sort of ok and well rested and waited fr score that i got 4 weeks late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
adrenaline106 (01-11-2015), alviamehdi (01-09-2015), anamta (01-09-2015), deariederaa (01-09-2015), dr.pbn2133 (01-09-2015), DrMichael (01-09-2015), hani daffodil (01-09-2015), MananaMD (01-09-2015), Natalia1 (01-09-2015), npktun (01-09-2015), nsesereso (01-09-2015), passusmle786 (01-09-2015), pragatis (01-10-2015), Rsadhu (01-09-2015)



  #2  
Old 01-09-2015
aspireusmle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 59
Threads: 24
Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikky789 View Post
hello everyone i am writing my experience for step 1 exam and step 1 in general
i got my score report two days ago and i got 254 Thanks to Allah almighty

I am an img from pakistan graduated in 2013 then did a one year internship then gave the local postgrad exam

i started preparing for usmle step 1 properly in june 2014 i gave first aid one read then started with kaplan books they were really helpful i exam concepts i did they videos for physiology anatomy biochemistry and some behavioral science, i had planned to do all but got bored and couldn't. of the videos i did they best were physiology especially from dr conrad and dr kudrath anatomy videos are trash don't waste time on them,this took me about 1.5 months, i then unfortunately became slow and distratcted wasted sometime before getting on track and started second read of kaplan this time things became really clear though i didnt do any videos this took me one month,plus i gave one and half read to goljan for pathology in between the reads but when i couldnt retain i moved to pathoma videos and i must say they are gold did them almost twice and made my knowledge of pathology much better this also took about one month
after this i started with usmle world online first i did offline version it took me time since i did slowly and memorized things because i cant seem to make notes bad habbit , this took a month plus one week this made four months after this i bought online subscription of uworld for one month and started doing it with first aid i did two reads of first aid with uworld then 15 days before i gave my nbme 15 online it came to be 254, i planned my exam for 22 December 2014 but latest date available in december was 11 an d my triad was til December so trusting Allah i booked exam for 11th and continued first aid in last week i did some uworld notes made by other people found in facebook step 1 groups they were realy good if you can find them do give them a read it'll take a day or two oh and forgot in last 15 days i also gave 100 cases one read after my nbme 15 3 days before the exam i gave nbme 16 and got 251 on a day before i did the tutorial from usmle website
on they day of exam i went to exam center a little early took some little snacks like chocolate and biscuit, i completed my 15 min tutorial in 7 min and added 8 to break time i took total 3 breaks one main for lunch/prayer as far as the exam content goes the major subject on my exam was pathology, id say upto 60 percent was patho in all forms like slides diagrams mechanism scenarios seriously i didnt expect this much patho, second most tested was physiology , gynae was easy 3 questions easily manageable same with anatomy 4 questions could be done with kaplan plus uworld, pharma questions were straight recall type others like biochem and microbiology were minorly tested ,
the question sstructure was like uworld not nbme most questions were lenghty and difficult compared to uworld or nbme this made time managaement a big problem for me, i barely completed each block

after the exam i felt sort of ok and well rested and waited fr score that i got 4 weeks late

Congrats!!
Can you spread some light on your Uworld scores??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to DrMichael Send a message via Skype™ to DrMichael
Thumbs Up Congratulations!!!

Congratulations Zaid...

We all commend and congratulate you on your good USMLE Step 1 score.
Insha Allah...Wish us luck too. May God Almight crown our efforts with success. Amen.

Stay Lifted and Shine on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspireusmle View Post
Congrats!!
Can you spread some light on your Uworld scores??

around 90% the second time that was online first read was offline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-09-2015
MananaMD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 76
Threads: 18
Thanked 39 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

1st of all ! thanks for sharing your experience and congrats for you awesome score !!!

what would you do otherwise or what would you add or remove from your study schedule/plan/resources ?..
__________________
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 82
Threads: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

How many hours did you study daily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Posts: 38
Threads: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Thumbs Up

Congrtas , what a good score..thanks for sharing ur exp
Good luck for next steps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd10 View Post
How many hours did you study daily?
varied from 1-10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pd10 (02-20-2015)
  #9  
Old 01-09-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaMD View Post
1st of all ! thanks for sharing your experience and congrats for you awesome score !!!

what would you do otherwise or what would you add or remove from your study schedule/plan/resources ?..

do a little more fa maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
MananaMD (04-18-2015)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step 1 story 254 isma7nusrat USMLE Step 1 Forum 26 11-05-2015 11:01 AM
s126 step1 experience, 254/88 s126k USMLE Step 1 Forum 37 04-14-2013 01:06 AM
Stepper888 Step 1 Experience - 254 Stepper888 USMLE Step 1 Forum 13 09-06-2012 01:19 AM
Bharadw Step 2 Journey 254(86) bharadw USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 4 08-16-2012 06:54 AM
Step 1 experience 254 (88) umajeed90 USMLE Step 1 Forum 23 01-19-2012 11:33 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)