Exam in 11 days. HELP!!! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Smile Exam in 11 days. HELP!!!

Hi guys.
Freaking out about exam, feeling I don't know anything.
My NBMES are good but I don't feel I know enough.
NMBE 3 228 (June 1)
UWSA 1 252 (July 20)
NBME 6 231 ( August 17)
NBME 12 240 (September 1)
NBME 7 235 (September 9)

I'm just reading FA and notes from UW and notes from kaplan qbank.
When do you know when you are ready?????, everybody tells me when you feel it, but Why I'm not feeling it.????????

Do you really feel it, or you should go with what NBME says?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 09-11-2011
qurat21's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 623
Threads: 62
Thanked 288 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

with this perfomance in nbmes u will sure get 230
im sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-11-2011
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,597 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1607
Default

Hey you'll do good! just keep doing FA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Smile

Thanks. I really hope so.
I'm just nervous and stressed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-11-2011
jahn77's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 326
Threads: 20
Thanked 220 Times in 124 Posts
Reputation: 232
Default

Good luck, are you going to do any NBME's again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-11-2011
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 876 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 889
Default

Good Luck!
You will excel it!



Scio me nihil scire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 296
Threads: 41
Thanked 167 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 177
Default hi evavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by evavar View Post
Hi guys.
Freaking out about exam, feeling I don't know anything.
My NBMES are good but I don't feel I know enough.
NMBE 3 228 (June 1)
UWSA 1 252 (July 20)
NBME 6 231 ( August 17)
NBME 12 240 (September 1)
NBME 7 235 (September 9)

I'm just reading FA and notes from UW and notes from kaplan qbank.
When do you know when you are ready?????, everybody tells me when you feel it, but Why I'm not feeling it.????????

Do you really feel it, or you should go with what NBME says?????


pls i want to ask you some questions. when you say you are just reading FA, U world and Kaplan qbank do you mean those are all you prepared with? did you read other review books at one time like kaplan lecture notes or something. i am asking because i dont have KLN yet, plan to get them. my exam is in dec, i have read FA once only and i am doing uworld now. those are the only materials i have.
happy preparations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 116
Threads: 34
Thanked 81 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 91
Default you wil do great

your scores are awesome...you should do relaxation exercise ...deep breathing !!.....as your scores in nbme's predict you are definitely gonna get 99..........all the best!!!be confident !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,175
Threads: 38
Thanked 852 Times in 478 Posts
Reputation: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evavar View Post
Thanks. I really hope so.
I'm just nervous and stressed
Dont be! The WORST thing you can do to your self is be stressed and nervous!

Dont be scared interms of the interface or all that, its exactly the same as UW / NBME, so you'll feel at home when giving the exam!

And last minute "I dont know anything feeling" -- PERFECTLY NORMAL!!

As soon as you get 'warmed' up 1/2 way through the first block, you'll be king!
__________________
PGY-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-11-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default MY exam is in 45 days plz help me ... m so depressed today ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
Dont be! The WORST thing you can do to your self is be stressed and nervous!

Dont be scared interms of the interface or all that, its exactly the same as UW / NBME, so you'll feel at home when giving the exam!

And last minute "I dont know anything feeling" -- PERFECTLY NORMAL!!

As soon as you get 'warmed' up 1/2 way through the first block, you'll be king!
HI people plz help me my exam is in one and half month am not worry about studies but am worried about one of important thing and that is caffeine withdrawal ... as i use tea coffee etc during my med school exams also .. m so addicted that i feel sometime depressed if i dont drink ... what to do ? any suggestion .... and without any such stimulants i feel alseep .... and m having 4 big cups of tea everyday ... i know its wrong but i dont know what to do ? as i m feelin short of time and have to study 12 to 14 hours thats is impossible without any stimulant which wakes u up ... any good suggestions would b appreciated .thanxxx
__________________
study study till ur brain is saturated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,175
Threads: 38
Thanked 852 Times in 478 Posts
Reputation: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsattar75 View Post
HI people plz help me my exam is in one and half month am not worry about studies but am worried about one of important thing and that is caffeine withdrawal ... as i use tea coffee etc during my med school exams also .. m so addicted that i feel sometime depressed if i dont drink ... what to do ? any suggestion .... and without any such stimulants i feel alseep .... and m having 4 big cups of tea everyday ... i know its wrong but i dont know what to do ? as i m feelin short of time and have to study 12 to 14 hours thats is impossible without any stimulant which wakes u up ... any good suggestions would b appreciated .thanxxx
Dude, coffee = best invention on earth.

Its alright if you drink it, I had 12 cans of red bull on my exam day (80 mg of Caffeine in each can x 12 = 960 mg, lol.. almost 1 gram of caffeine), that's the only way I kept my nerves in check!

Dont worry about the exam day, dont go on a ''detox'' where you dont have any tea / coffee etc! Treat exam as a normal day where you wake up have your coffee etc.
__________________
PGY-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
yasirsattar75 (09-11-2011)
  #12  
Old 09-11-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
Dude, coffee = best invention on earth.

Its alright if you drink it, I had 12 cans of red bull on my exam day (80 mg of Caffeine in each can x 12 = 960 mg, lol.. almost 1 gram of caffeine), that's the only way I kept my nerves in check!

Dont worry about the exam day, dont go on a ''detox'' where you dont have any tea / coffee etc! Treat exam as a normal day where you wake up have your coffee etc.
yeah u are right so i keep using these stimulants till my exam? and yeah u are right i will take redbull when i go to promectric ... i was scared coz i was feelin that i became addict and dependent ... THANK GOD its normal and i have no fear of exam at all i just want to give my full effort in these last days ... :sorry:
__________________
study study till ur brain is saturated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,175
Threads: 38
Thanked 852 Times in 478 Posts
Reputation: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsattar75 View Post
yeah u are right so i keep using these stimulants till my exam? and yeah u are right i will take redbull when i go to promectric ... i was scared coz i was feelin that i became addict and dependent ... THANK GOD its normal and i have no fear of exam at all i just want to give my full effort in these last days ... :sorry:
"redbull gives you wings" so you can give your full effort!
__________________
PGY-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
yasirsattar75 (09-11-2011)
  #14  
Old 09-11-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
"redbull gives you wings" so you can give your full effort!
yeah u are right ... and tea also is better option during ur prep days and redbull is must during exam and one last thing tell me did u find real exam easier than u.w? and for medical ethics did u studied conrad cases ? coz m getting average of 70 to 75 on u.w ...i know its low score ....
__________________
study study till ur brain is saturated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,175
Threads: 38
Thanked 852 Times in 478 Posts
Reputation: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsattar75 View Post
yeah u are right ... and tea also is better option during ur prep days and redbull is must during exam and one last thing tell me did u find real exam easier than u.w? and for medical ethics did u studied conrad cases ? coz m getting average of 70 to 75 on u.w ...i know its low score ....
Real exam was much much easier than UW, and 70 - 75 % on UW Is Amazing!

My cumulative was 60%, you'll do well!
__________________
PGY-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 09-11-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
Real exam was much much easier than UW, and 70 - 75 % on UW Is Amazing!

My cumulative was 60%, you'll do well!
THANX alottt and m focusing mainly on kaplan notes will do first aid only 2 time have done first read of f.a also ... did u find first aid more useful than kaplan notes? thanxxxxxxxxxxxx alottttttttttttt for helping me out i was lost in depression coz of caffeine withdrawal and was feelin extreme somnolence
__________________
study study till ur brain is saturated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 09-11-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,175
Threads: 38
Thanked 852 Times in 478 Posts
Reputation: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirsattar75 View Post
THANX alottt and m focusing mainly on kaplan notes will do first aid only 2 time have done first read of f.a also ... did u find first aid more useful than kaplan notes? thanxxxxxxxxxxxx alottttttttttttt for helping me out i was lost in depression coz of caffeine withdrawal and was feelin extreme somnolence
Stick to FA, Kaplan is too deep for last few weeks of studying.

FA provides the most salient points that are important to recall during questions.
__________________
PGY-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
yasirsattar75 (09-11-2011)
  #18  
Old 09-11-2011
yasirsattar75's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 395
Threads: 51
Thanked 292 Times in 111 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
Stick to FA, Kaplan is too deep for last few weeks of studying.

FA provides the most salient points that are important to recall during questions.
yeah will use first aid again after second read of kaplan notes .. and will do u.w notez with first aid ... first aid will not take too much timeee coz i have already done the hardest part and that is the first read ....
__________________
study study till ur brain is saturated
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 09-12-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativedoc2 View Post
pls i want to ask you some questions. when you say you are just reading FA, U world and Kaplan qbank do you mean those are all you prepared with? did you read other review books at one time like kaplan lecture notes or something. i am asking because i dont have KLN yet, plan to get them. my exam is in dec, i have read FA once only and i am doing uworld now. those are the only materials i have.
happy preparations

Yes I did kaplan lecture notes and videos at beggining of my prep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
nativedoc2 (09-12-2011)
  #20  
Old 09-12-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahn77 View Post
Good luck, are you going to do any NBME's again?
Yes, I will do NBME 11 this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 09-12-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelMD View Post
Dont be! The WORST thing you can do to your self is be stressed and nervous!

Dont be scared interms of the interface or all that, its exactly the same as UW / NBME, so you'll feel at home when giving the exam!

And last minute "I dont know anything feeling" -- PERFECTLY NORMAL!!

As soon as you get 'warmed' up 1/2 way through the first block, you'll be king!

OMG. Thank you so much. I really need that confidence. So is good to know I'm Normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exam in 30 days!!!!! dr.Irina USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 07-27-2011 10:38 PM
i did the exam 3 days ago mohdss USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 07-20-2011 03:34 PM
4 days before exam adorisz USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 07-16-2011 02:01 PM
exam in 3 days! help! susanbal USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 06-04-2011 04:27 PM
Exam in 22 Days jarcelin USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 05-20-2011 10:21 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)