Usmle Rx of Kaplan Qbank? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2011
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Listening Usmle Rx of Kaplan Qbank?

Hi guys!!
i hav my exam in a months time. i hav done UW twice with a good avg! im Planning to take an NBME soon. but i hav run out questions to practice on! should i subcribe to USMLE Rx or Kaplan Qbank ?? i hav been ardently study FA+UW uptil now. i did read the Kaplan Course books initially. i feel like i shud subscribe USMLE Rx for a month. so that i can consolidate all that i hav been learning in FA. plus its easier. i can manage going thru it faster! Kaplan Qbank on the other hand has unneceassry stuff , like i hav read in these forums.
so im confused ! so all u smart steptakers, plz help here!
thanx!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-28-2011
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

evavar?? sumoneee!!! ??!?!?
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-28-2011
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 404
Threads: 108
Thanked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 80
Default

in the same boat as u...hope some one replys..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-28-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 567
Threads: 25
Thanked 524 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 534
Default

What you are asking is hard to answer,,,

USMLERX is more to consolidate FA at MAX... it help you grab all the information that is be given on First AID.

Qbank Kaplan is Harder than any of the other Qbank, and the exam system is pretty similar to this type of question, some people may say its similar to UW, i agree, but also to Qbank Kaplan... I did all of those Courses.. Kaplan, UW and Usmle RX.. i would recomend USMLE RX if u still have problem learning the stuff from FA... IF not go for Kaplan Qbank,, which is more abstract course and tricky question, but in fact, as most of the people says.. Qbank Kaplan and UW are a MUST....

If you got time, go with Kaplan and then Usmle RX. it will take you 2 month for both,, Kaplan got 2300~ and Usmle RX 3200~. Question...
__________________
Nothing is Impossible, the Word Itself says "I'm Possible"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (10-28-2011), shyangel18 (10-28-2011)
  #5  
Old 10-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 40
Threads: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 35
Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
Hi guys!!
i hav my exam in a months time. i hav done UW twice with a good avg! im Planning to take an NBME soon. but i hav run out questions to practice on! should i subcribe to USMLE Rx or Kaplan Qbank ?? i hav been ardently study FA+UW uptil now. i did read the Kaplan Course books initially. i feel like i shud subscribe USMLE Rx for a month. so that i can consolidate all that i hav been learning in FA. plus its easier. i can manage going thru it faster! Kaplan Qbank on the other hand has unneceassry stuff , like i hav read in these forums.
so im confused ! so all u smart steptakers, plz help here!
thanx!
It is my first time writing in this forum. Currently, I am doing kaplan Q bank in order to understand/consolidate my concepts before I do Uworld. So, I can only tell you about kaplan Q bank. It's not bad at all!! Yes, it is kinda hard but use it as a learning experience rather than to test yourself. Also, for every question you get the reference page of kaplan med essentials and first aid (2009, 2010, 2011) which is pretty cool. Who knows,the stuff that you learn in kaplan qbank might come handy in the real exam. Good Luck studying!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-28-2011
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
What you are asking is hard to answer,,,

USMLERX is more to consolidate FA at MAX... it help you grab all the information that is be given on First AID.

Qbank Kaplan is Harder than any of the other Qbank, and the exam system is pretty similar to this type of question, some people may say its similar to UW, i agree, but also to Qbank Kaplan... I did all of those Courses.. Kaplan, UW and Usmle RX.. i would recomend USMLE RX if u still have problem learning the stuff from FA... IF not go for Kaplan Qbank,, which is more abstract course and tricky question, but in fact, as most of the people says.. Qbank Kaplan and UW are a MUST....

If you got time, go with Kaplan and then Usmle RX. it will take you 2 month for both,, Kaplan got 2300~ and Usmle RX 3200~. Question...
thanku rulz!! so Kaplan QBank it is then!! but i hav problem.im a slow learner. i annotated evrything form UW into FA. only then was i able to remebr evrything. so if i do kaplan qbank. i wont be able to retain much of it unless i write down imp stuff. but my FA is filled up. no space. u think its necessary i annotate. silly question i know. but still..??? also i heard they have a HIGH YIELD option. where they narrow down to very Imp Questions. do u think i could jus do those. or should i be doing all of them?? thanx a lot once again!!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-28-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 567
Threads: 25
Thanked 524 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 534
Default

well, my FA is filled with everything i could think it was important, but i can tell you to PLEASE review all question WRONG and RIGHT and all the answers... take your time, the average normal time that i took it was at least 2 Block per day .. So, try to do 2 block in the morning, review it and in the afternoon read some topics on the FA.

Dont try to write everything because when you finish your FA you will realize most of the stuff you know it already. ( i guess you have read it at least twice ) if not, do it and after that go with Qbank Kaplan..

At the middle of your review of Qbank Kaplan is time for you to take a NBME and decide by your own if the score reflected is the one you want and go for the exam or keep studying...

I dont know, for me that' Sound like a Plan! =)
See you in the Journey.... Good Luck.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible, the Word Itself says "I'm Possible"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shyangel18 (10-28-2011)
  #8  
Old 10-28-2011
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulz View Post
well, my FA is filled with everything i could think it was important, but i can tell you to PLEASE review all question WRONG and RIGHT and all the answers... take your time, the average normal time that i took it was at least 2 Block per day .. So, try to do 2 block in the morning, review it and in the afternoon read some topics on the FA.

Dont try to write everything because when you finish your FA you will realize most of the stuff you know it already. ( i guess you have read it at least twice ) if not, do it and after that go with Qbank Kaplan..

At the middle of your review of Qbank Kaplan is time for you to take a NBME and decide by your own if the score reflected is the one you want and go for the exam or keep studying...

I dont know, for me that' Sound like a Plan! =)
See you in the Journey.... Good Luck.
Thanku SoMUCH!!! that definitely SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN i hav done FA almost 4-5 times. that too thoroly.. i might do 3 blocks of Kaplan Q.Bank Daily. to make sure i am able to Review both the right and the worng questions in the end, as im kindof short on time! im hoping it works out!!
thanx
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-28-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 567
Threads: 25
Thanked 524 Times in 263 Posts
Reputation: 534
Default

remember to NEVER stop doing Question and reading FA.. that's why you have to split the time, at least read some chapter from the because that you feel you are weak.. and

Good Luck, Glad i could help you =)
__________________
Nothing is Impossible, the Word Itself says "I'm Possible"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shyangel18 (10-29-2011)



Reply

Tags
Kaplan-Medical, USMLERx-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Qbank is now on the iPhone! Sabio USMLE Apps 5 11-09-2013 01:34 AM
My two options of Kaplan Qbank and USMLE World mikemike USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 08-07-2011 07:33 PM
USMLE World Twice or UW + Kaplan QBank Cautie Pie USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 06-11-2011 04:55 PM
Kaplan qbank VS USMLE world natashar USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 03-24-2011 09:26 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)