usmle step 1 219 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default usmle step 1 219

hi dear friends .i got my result its 219. i got 231 in nbme 17. 81% usmle word second round .
my exam was very tough.many antomy question , many question from behaviour science and gentice. antomy ,behaviour science , gentics,biostat.
i have highest performance in patho , pahrma , physio.
if you really want good score study behaviour science i had 5 q every block and many anatomy q.
i am so depressed . i worked really hard i have done everything i could do.
.i am not felling motivated to do step 2.someone guys are telling my score is low to get residencyyy.
please help me. i need some inspirationn.evertime i end thinking about my score could nt sleepp.plzzzz i need your help friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 97
Threads: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdoctor View Post
hi dear friends .i got my result its 219. i got 231 in nbme 17. 81% usmle word second round .
my exam was very tough.many antomy question , many question from behaviour science and gentice. antomy ,behaviour science , gentics,biostat.
i have highest performance in patho , pahrma , physio.
if you really want good score study behaviour science i had 5 q every block and many anatomy q.
i am so depressed . i worked really hard i have done everything i could do.
.i am not felling motivated to do step 2.someone guys are telling my score is low to get residencyyy.
please help me. i need some inspirationn.evertime i end thinking about my score could nt sleepp.plzzzz i need your help friends.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel down, check out the motivational youtube videos. they help.

What do you think you did wrong to score so low compared to your NBME performance?

was it knowledge problem? or was it an exhaustion problem?

Also can you please share the types of hard questions you got on the test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usdoctor (04-30-2015)
  #3  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker13o View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you feel down, check out the motivational youtube videos. they help.

What do you think you did wrong to score so low compared to your NBME performance?

was it knowledge problem? or was it an exhaustion problem?

Also can you please share the types of hard questions you got on the test?
actually i dont know what went wrong,exam was tough last two block i marked more than 50% . but i most say i was not prepared well for antomy and behavorial, majority of them was my guess.i cant rember behavoir science q ,but for anatomy asking alot about arterial supply, ct scan ,xray,pelvic anatomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-30-2015
CleverFOX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 238
Threads: 4
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Reputation: 174
Send a message via Skype™ to CleverFOX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdoctor View Post
actually i dont know what went wrong,exam was tough last two block i marked more than 50% . but i most say i was not prepared well for antomy and behavorial, majority of them was my guess.i cant rember behavoir science q ,but for anatomy asking alot about arterial supply, ct scan ,xray,pelvic anatomy.
I am really sorry to hear that! =(

But 219 is a modest score at best, from what I would suggest is make your CK flawless a 240 or 250 in CK will boost you up and then this 219 will not matter that much....just dont give up...yeah many of the students now a days are reporting about anatomy being tougher than before so I guess we will have to supplement our preparation of anatomy in more detail that we usually did following Kaplan and FA :?

Dude just dont be sad yeah take some time off go play something do something else for a week and then just refocus and just get that 250 in CK
__________________
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard...
Step 1 Experience -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 259
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usdoctor (04-30-2015)
  #5  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

hey..first of all congratulations on passing the step 1 , 219 is not a great score but it's definitely not a bad one,you will need to push harder on the CK and you will be just fine.
Don't believe to all the treads of people posting they got 240/250 , 80% of those people are lying or probably found in delirium after alcohol intoxication , when drinking after the exam.
So don't worry you passed and that is the most important thing....
Good luck .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usdoctor (04-30-2015)
  #6  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 30
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdoctor View Post
hi dear friends .i got my result its 219. i got 231 in nbme 17. 81% usmle word second round .
my exam was very tough.many antomy question , many question from behaviour science and gentice. antomy ,behaviour science , gentics,biostat.
i have highest performance in patho , pahrma , physio.
if you really want good score study behaviour science i had 5 q every block and many anatomy q.
i am so depressed . i worked really hard i have done everything i could do.
.i am not felling motivated to do step 2.someone guys are telling my score is low to get residencyyy.
please help me. i need some inspirationn.evertime i end thinking about my score could nt sleepp.plzzzz i need your help friends.
Dude relax, you got 219 on your first attempt, that's a decent score. Do well on your step 2 exams and you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usdoctor (04-30-2015)
  #7  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverFOX View Post
I am really sorry to hear that! =(

But 219 is a modest score at best, from what I would suggest is make your CK flawless a 240 or 250 in CK will boost you up and then this 219 will not matter that much....just dont give up...yeah many of the students now a days are reporting about anatomy being tougher than before so I guess we will have to supplement our preparation of anatomy in more detail that we usually did following Kaplan and FA :?

Dude just dont be sad yeah take some time off go play something do something else for a week and then just refocus and just get that 250 in CK
thanx alot cleverfox,it was helpful.ye trying to collect some energy for step 2!
thanx once again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star1988 View Post
hey..first of all congratulations on passing the step 1 , 219 is not a great score but it's definitely not a bad one,you will need to push harder on the CK and you will be just fine.
Don't believe to all the treads of people posting they got 240/250 , 80% of those people are lying or probably found in delirium after alcohol intoxication , when drinking after the exam.
So don't worry you passed and that is the most important thing....
Good luck .
thank you star1988.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 29 Posts
Reputation: 82
Default

I know quite a lot of people who got residency with scores between 210-220 on step 1. Just work on improving your scores for step 2 ck and i'm sure you'll be fine.
Believe in yourself and anything is possible. Try not to listen to pessimistic people if you can.

good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usdoctor (04-30-2015)
  #10  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 17
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JayMD View Post
I know quite a lot of people who got residency with scores between 210-220 on step 1. Just work on improving your scores for step 2 ck and i'm sure you'll be fine.
Believe in yourself and anything is possible. Try not to listen to pessimistic people if you can.

good luck!
thank you dr.jaymd .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 97
Threads: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdoctor View Post
thank you dr.jaymd .
You'll be fine, just BEAST on the CK exam


I keep hearing everyone say "Pelvic anatomy" like.. what exactly should i focus on in the pelvic anatomy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 04-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Posts: 26
Threads: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default hey! its a solid score.

hey! well score is okay, just apply in FM and psych. do solid on CK and try to get done with step 3.

Btw. when u say behavioral science, do u mean biostat or psych stuff? like what were they asking basically?
and which CT-scan and X-ray i should look into.
do let me know have my exam in 2 days. finger crossed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step 2 CK score = 219...what do I do? Lawliet USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 10 06-08-2016 03:47 PM
step 2 ck (219) thinking about forgetting about usmle Neuroman USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 9 08-13-2013 01:10 PM
219 and 211 Scores, Out of USMLE! bone303 IMG Residency Match Forum 3 06-16-2012 04:21 PM
Step 1: 219/93 Kluver-Bucy USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 01-19-2011 10:17 PM
Step 1 score: 93/219 lepidoptera IMG Residency Match Forum 2 12-13-2010 12:59 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)