For Step takers in April-May-June Period - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Group talk For Step takers in April-May-June Period

Hi,

Just wondering who all is signed up for the April-May-June eligibility period?

We can talk on this thread and post up some daily updates on our progress, NBMEs, study tips etc.

Good luck!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
billy (09-06-2012), eveli55 (02-15-2012), mikemike (01-11-2012)



  #2  
Old 01-11-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

There's no one signed up for this eligibility period ?!
Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 108
Threads: 15
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Hi,

Just wondering who all is signed up for the April-May-June eligibility period?

We can talk on this thread and post up some daily updates on our progress, NBMEs, study tips etc.

Good luck!
yes,
eligibility period is may-june-july,not much diference
Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Hi,

Just wondering who all is signed up for the April-May-June eligibility period?

We can talk on this thread and post up some daily updates on our progress, NBMEs, study tips etc.

Good luck!

I haven't signed up yet. Hopefully I can take the step1 sometimr around Apirl this year.

Good luck and please share you tips.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 208
Threads: 60
Thanked 76 Times in 49 Posts
Reputation: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumssurgeon View Post
I haven't signed up yet. Hopefully I can take the step1 sometimr around Apirl this year.

Good luck and please share you tips.

Thanks.
I signed up for June.
Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
I signed up for June.

MIKEMIKE,

Good Luck to you.
I am still reviewing the FA and I dont have the vido meterials. So, It takes me more time to prepare.
Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

helllo guys....i haven't signed up yet but will be taking my step 1 in the end of april......or starting of may............best of luck to all
Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,406
Threads: 118
Thanked 647 Times in 409 Posts
Reputation: 657
Default

i haven't signed up yet, but if all goes as planned, i hope to take my step 1 by April's end.
Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-11-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

I have signed up for june but I am afraid that I won't be able to finish the syllabus. Do you think if I study the whole syl for one time and one time only and I am not a genius .... is it possible to pass with a 240?

lets update our progress and stick together till the BIG DAY.
Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 01-11-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

I am hoping to write my step 1 by the end of April as well!

I will be writing an NBME in the first week of March to assess my self and see where I stand. Then work on my weakness from there and try to improve my score as much as I can.

I've gone over KLN & Videos and FA & UW.

How have you guys prepared so far ?
Do you think I should include Goljan audios or Rapid Review or DIT in my study schedule ?
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
sumssurgeon (01-11-2012)
  #11  
Old 01-11-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronchiole View Post
I have signed up for june but I am afraid that I won't be able to finish the syllabus. Do you think if I study the whole syl for one time and one time only and I am not a genius .... is it possible to pass with a 240?

lets update our progress and stick together till the BIG DAY.
When are you planning on taking an NBME ? that would be the best way to find out!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bronchiole (01-11-2012)
  #12  
Old 01-11-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
I am hoping to write my step 1 by the end of April as well!

I will be writing an NBME in the first week of March to assess my self and see where I stand. Then work on my weakness from there and try to improve my score as much as I can.

I've gone over KLN & Videos and FA & UW.

How have you guys prepared so far ?
Do you think I should include Goljan audios or Rapid Review or DIT in my study schedule ?
I think you should at least go thru goljan audios ... i plan to go thru them once in a high speed mode. listen it when you are tired.
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Hope2Pass (01-12-2012)
  #13  
Old 01-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronchiole View Post
I think you should at least go thru goljan audios ... i plan to go thru them once in a high speed mode. listen it when you are tired.

Great idea.
I am wondering whether one of you guys wants to share the video and audio with me since I don't have them now. if you are willing, please PM me. many thanks.
Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 01-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 177
Threads: 25
Thanked 75 Times in 55 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default

YEAH TO THE JUNE PEOPLE.

HopetoPass maybe you should add Goljan, at the very least the audio. I have listened to them and they are great, plan to listen to them twice more before June.
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Hope2Pass (01-12-2012)
  #15  
Old 01-12-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandcrazy View Post
YEAH TO THE JUNE PEOPLE.

HopetoPass maybe you should add Goljan, at the very least the audio. I have listened to them and they are great, plan to listen to them twice more before June.

Thanks, I think I will listen to the goljan audios...It wouldn't hurt!
Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 01-12-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumssurgeon View Post
Great idea.
I am wondering whether one of you guys wants to share the video and audio with me since I don't have them now. if you are willing, please PM me. many thanks.

The "truth" is out there, everywhere....
Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 01-29-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Hey everyone,

How is your study going?

Share updates!

Any one took any NBME's or Qbanks ?
Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 01-29-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Just finalized the day, june 11th it is.

going thru neurology and hematology , will take uwsa 1,2 at the end of feb, what about you??
Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 01-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

I havent decided the exact time yet. I picked April-june as well. Thinking about April though.
Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 01-30-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Hey everyone,

How is your study going?

Share updates!

Any one took any NBME's or Qbanks ?
Hi hope2pass

I take the March to May time, and want to take the exam at the end of April

Now I am reading FA for the 2nd time, still a lot to learn, but much better than the first time reading. Also, I am doing UW Qbank. Finishing doing 8 blocks, not too many

I did Kaplan Stimulated exam 15 days ago and got 71%.

I think Goljan's audio is good. I have listened once. And try to squeeze time to read Goljan's RR for the 1st time ( I used BRS at first) and audio for the 2nd time

Good Luck
Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 01-30-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

June baby. I feel so welcomed. Like the red carpet is out for me. Woot.

Red carpet of hell. Sigh.
Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 01-31-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronchiole View Post
Just finalized the day, june 11th it is.

going thru neurology and hematology , will take uwsa 1,2 at the end of feb, what about you??
Wow congrats on signing up for the date!

I am currently going through Kaplan and plan on taking an assessment by the end of next month and start a Qbank along with it. I have gone over FA before but if i have sufficient time I might do DIT along with FA
Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 01-31-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohappy1234 View Post
June baby. I feel so welcomed. Like the red carpet is out for me. Woot.

Red carpet of hell. Sigh.

haha Welcome and glad you signed up! Good luck
Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 01-31-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasyujie View Post
Hi hope2pass

I take the March to May time, and want to take the exam at the end of April

Now I am reading FA for the 2nd time, still a lot to learn, but much better than the first time reading. Also, I am doing UW Qbank. Finishing doing 8 blocks, not too many

I did Kaplan Stimulated exam 15 days ago and got 71%.

I think Goljan's audio is good. I have listened once. And try to squeeze time to read Goljan's RR for the 1st time ( I used BRS at first) and audio for the 2nd time

Good Luck

Hey

71% on the kaplan exam is a pretty good score! How does it correlate to the step, do you know ? I was planning on taking one of those exams as well.

I am trying to listen to Goljan audio as well .. its very helpful. Right now just doing Kaplan though.

Good luck!
Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 01-31-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Hey

71% on the kaplan exam is a pretty good score! How does it correlate to the step, do you know ? I was planning on taking one of those exams as well.

I am trying to listen to Goljan audio as well .. its very helpful. Right now just doing Kaplan though.

Good luck!
I don't know how Kaplan exam correlate the real exam, coz there is no enough data. However, some students reported that they scored 75% 1 month before step and got 235.

It takes really long time to do the test, and really tired haha
Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 02-14-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uworld View Post
hi guys,

I was planing to do my exam on May.

1 - How long will it take to finish UW for the first time???

2- Do you think if i do UW my nbme score will go high?

3- is nbme easy after doing UW?

hope to see a reply

thanks
1) For UW it depends how many blocks you do per day .. if you are planning on reading along with doing questions then 1-2 blocks per day ... if just UW then may be 2-3 possibly 4 blocks per day!

2) If you do UW your scores would go high if you learn from it .. that means reading ALL the explanations of the questions you get wrong, right and all the choices ... UW is quite helpful but I've heard that Kaplan QBank is good as well.

3) Not sure about that one ... it depends on each individual differently.
Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 02-15-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 230
Threads: 20
Thanked 74 Times in 58 Posts
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Hi,

Just wondering who all is signed up for the April-May-June eligibility period?

We can talk on this thread and post up some daily updates on our progress, NBMEs, study tips etc.

Good luck!
I would like to be ready by june
Also I need someone who want solving Q together.
Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 02-15-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 441
Threads: 53
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Will be the first goat to be sacrificed.mine is on 2nd april wish me luck
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (02-15-2012)
  #29  
Old 02-15-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 891 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
Will be the first goat to be sacrificed.mine is on 2nd april wish me luck
LOL! "Sacrificial goat" -> made my day!
Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 02-15-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
Will be the first goat to be sacrificed.mine is on 2nd april wish me luck
Good luck on your exam!
Let us know how it goes!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (02-17-2012)
  #31  
Old 02-15-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 891 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suka View Post
Good luck on your exam!
Let us know how it goes!
Suka! You are back! It has been a few days since you last posted. We missed you! See ya around!
Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 02-16-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 441
Threads: 53
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wiqed View Post
LOL! "Sacrificial goat" -> made my day!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (02-16-2012)
  #33  
Old 02-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wiqed View Post
Suka! You are back! It has been a few days since you last posted. We missed you! See ya around!
Lol! Thanks! For some reason I got lazy and started watching Grey's anatomy... I still followed the threads just didn't post anything.. hehe! But now I am back!
ECFMG just processed my application! That means hard core studying and no more Grey's anat!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (02-17-2012)
  #34  
Old 02-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suka View Post
Lol! Thanks! For some reason I got lazy and started watching Grey's anatomy... I still followed the threads just didn't post anything.. hehe! But now I am back!
ECFMG just processed my application! That means hard core studying and no more Grey's anat!
Hi m taking it on June 30 ...studying jus FA n doing offline UW...will take 3 month subscription of UW ...plzzzzz help me out friends in scheduling my study plan to get 240+ /99...I too watch Greys anat but need to give up seriously
Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 02-27-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmfn View Post
Hi m taking it on June 30 ...studying jus FA n doing offline UW...will take 3 month subscription of UW ...plzzzzz help me out friends in scheduling my study plan to get 240+ /99...I too watch Greys anat but need to give up seriously
Hi!
Since you are taking it in june.. Start studyn Kaplan notes first.. If you havent started that already.. And do FA along with it. And then start doing questions...
Look at the other threads in this forum.. Students who already took the exam already posted what you should/shouldn't do.
I stopped watching greys anat now.. I only watch the weekly episodes on thursday or friday.. One episode a week is not bad. Its a good way to take a break
Good luck!!
Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 02-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suka View Post
Hi!
Since you are taking it in june.. Start studyn Kaplan notes first.. If you havent started that already.. And do FA along with it. And then start doing questions...
Look at the other threads in this forum.. Students who already took the exam already posted what you should/shouldn't do.
I stopped watching greys anat now.. I only watch the weekly episodes on thursday or friday.. One episode a week is not bad. Its a good way to take a break
Good luck!!
Thanx ..hey can I finish Kaplan notes in 3 months ???? How long I will need to study per day for completing it in 3 months ??? What's the procedure to tk UW? I have given up watching it ...may b I will ...I get stressed out very often n feel depressed ...bouts of sev clinical depression coz of exams ... I don't know wether I should tk it in June ... But don wanna delay it further ...PLZZZ friends tell me some charisma or miracle to get good score in this less time
Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 02-27-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmfn View Post
Thanx ..hey can I finish Kaplan notes in 3 months ???? How long I will need to study per day for completing it in 3 months ??? What's the procedure to tk UW? I have given up watching it ...may b I will ...I get stressed out very often n feel depressed ...bouts of sev clinical depression coz of exams ... I don't know wether I should tk it in June ... But don wanna delay it further ...PLZZZ friends tell me some charisma or miracle to get good score in this less time
No one can say how much time your exactly going to take to study... We are all different.. Just try to make a study schedule for urself.. You might need 2 weeks for one course and then 1 week for another.. Depends on how much time you want to put towards them.. But 3 months should be more than enough to do kaplan LN. I watch Kaplan videos along with the LN for some courses/chapters which I dont understand... So if you want u can watch them or not.. Its upto u.. Make sure u take breaks as well.. you are only starting your prep now and you will need to take those breaks now.. Bz later you might have few breaks...
Make your schedule.. See how it goes.. If you have decided to take it in June then keep that in mind until when you decide you absolutely cant for whatever reason...
Good luck!
Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 02-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Hey my exam is on May 19
Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 03-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridb84 View Post
Hey my exam is on May 19
Good Luck!
Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 03-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Hey guys, Hows your prep coming along so far?

My plan till the end of March is to finish the 3 P's - Pharm, Physio and Path. Done Pharm as that takes me the longest! For the physio and path I will skim over my notes and give each one about 8 days

I have a problem when it comes to QBank. I finish my block of questions but when it comes to reviewing the questions, I get extremely lazy and don't feel like reiviewing them! Each block takes me about 3-4 hours to review

And sometimes, after finishing a block, I cant even get myself to review it right after, it ends up being that I review it the next day! Is anyone else having the same problem ?
Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 03-15-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 177
Threads: 33
Thanked 86 Times in 16 Posts
Default Count me in

How is ur scores for Kaplan and u world.....
I did Kaplan in nov...don't rem most of it's stuff and I m scoring aroung 62%and u world it's my sec time with it....scoring almost 75%"
But I don't feel contended coz wen ever I take an offline nbme ...per block the no of wrongs I get is around 12....and I forget a lot too....
Sometimes I feel I have never read t ever I being asked wen I know that I gave that topic a thorough read...guys....
Where do I stand....pz give me sum feedback.thanks
Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 03-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonam aslam View Post
How is ur scores for Kaplan and u world.....
I did Kaplan in nov...don't rem most of it's stuff and I m scoring aroung 62%and u world it's my sec time with it....scoring almost 75%"
But I don't feel contended coz wen ever I take an offline nbme ...per block the no of wrongs I get is around 12....and I forget a lot too....
Sometimes I feel I have never read t ever I being asked wen I know that I gave that topic a thorough read...guys....
Where do I stand....pz give me sum feedback.thanks
I JUST started doing Kaplan QBank like 3 days ago lol So right now my cumulative score doesnt really say anything. I am hoping it reaches close to 50-60% by the time im done about 10 or more blocks.

I think you might have test taking anxiety! Your scores on the Qbank and UW are amazing! Just be confident and try doing an online nbme
Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 03-15-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

@hope2pass Tell me about it !!!

But I am so not OK with my qbank results . My uworld avg is stuck @ 62% and kaplan is like 65%. and I feel like I need to study a looootttt more , like a beginner would do .


Right now I am going thru gen path , then pharma , biochem and behav sc. I am skimming through everything , thinking of having a second chance to go thru the subjects again. but god knows what will happen?


I am not done with reviewing all uw qs , even though I am 50% done giving exams. All I need to do is break thru my uw score


your plan seems solid. just keep calm , you will be fine I believe. pray for me please. freaking out here
Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 03-15-2012
bronchiole's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 121
Threads: 18
Thanked 66 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonam aslam View Post
How is ur scores for Kaplan and u world.....
I did Kaplan in nov...don't rem most of it's stuff and I m scoring aroung 62%and u world it's my sec time with it....scoring almost 75%"
But I don't feel contended coz wen ever I take an offline nbme ...per block the no of wrongs I get is around 12....and I forget a lot too....
Sometimes I feel I have never read t ever I being asked wen I know that I gave that topic a thorough read...guys....
Where do I stand....pz give me sum feedback.thanks
I am not done with exam but pretty much everyone says the same thing . it is just your anxiety working up. just read fa+uw once more and give another nbme . best of luck !!!
Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 03-15-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 177
Threads: 33
Thanked 86 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Do u guys have done nbme form 1,2,3,,,,I have done these three offline with average 50 mistakes in each....
I do it even untimed sometimes to just keep my self calm .....but ...it's not anxiety...I know wen I m anxious....it's just three nbme s are way tougher than both q banks...
Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 03-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonam aslam View Post
Do u guys have done nbme form 1,2,3,,,,I have done these three offline with average 50 mistakes in each....
I do it even untimed sometimes to just keep my self calm .....but ...it's not anxiety...I know wen I m anxious....it's just three nbme s are way tougher than both q banks...
NBME 3 is actually one of the harder NBME's out there. And 1 and 2 are way too outdated to be doing them now. I suggest you stick to anything after NBME 4.
Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 03-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronchiole View Post
@hope2pass Tell me about it !!!

But I am so not OK with my qbank results . My uworld avg is stuck @ 62% and kaplan is like 65%. and I feel like I need to study a looootttt more , like a beginner would do .


Right now I am going thru gen path , then pharma , biochem and behav sc. I am skimming through everything , thinking of having a second chance to go thru the subjects again. but god knows what will happen?


I am not done with reviewing all uw qs , even though I am 50% done giving exams. All I need to do is break thru my uw score


your plan seems solid. just keep calm , you will be fine I believe. pray for me please. freaking out here

Your QBank and UW scores are pretty good! Keep on keepin' on !! Don't stop now, just keep reviewing and doing questions and your plan looks good as well. Good luck!
Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 03-16-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 891 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
I have a problem when it comes to QBank. I finish my block of questions but when it comes to reviewing the questions, I get extremely lazy and don't feel like reiviewing them! Each block takes me about 3-4 hours to review

And sometimes, after finishing a block, I cant even get myself to review it right after, it ends up being that I review it the next day! Is anyone else having the same problem ?
I have the same concern...

I go through uworld reeeeaaaallllyyy slow. I only finish a block per day and even less when the subject is really hard. But I'm in my last 200 mcqs so uworld is not a problem anymore.

What I'm worried about is kaplan qbank -- my next qbank. I want to go through it 1 - 2 blocks per day. But knowing the rate I'm going with uworld, I can only cross my fingers with kaplan qbank...

That's why, instead of starting kaplan qbank this first week of April, I pushed it to the 2nd week. I'm going back to my weak subjects first and brush up on FA.

If you figure out how to go around this problem -- going through the block faster. Let me know...
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 59
Threads: 22
Thanked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 41
Default hey all

Just booked the april-may-june slot ....... Currently doing Kaplan Patho/ Pathoma/ Goljan ..... finished Kaplan videos in all other subjects with Kaplan LN. Other books used so far include Hy Neuroanatomy, Hy Cell & Molecular Biol, BRS Behavioural Science, CMMRS.
Further plans include reading BRS Physio, Immuno portion of Levinson & going thro all the books once again.
Reading FA along with DIT course.
Solving the Robbins Q-Book, Kaplan Q-Book.
Doing the Kaplan Q-Bank, UWorld ..... I plan to take the test by May 20 .....
Revising the Q-Bank information once ......
Am really afraid that I won't able to finish off my prep by then ....
Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Hey guys. My exam is on May 19. Im an IMG ophthalmologist so Imagine how hard this whole process has been for me. I've been studying since November, at the beggining scoring really low (embarrassing) on Kaplan qbank 29% (soooooo EMBARRASSING). So i decided to eat,breathe and sleep First Aid Organ Systems, First aid high yield and Goljan Pathology. in the mean time I kept taking the kaplan qbank and so far my scores are up to 65%.my point is you can do it. I had completely forgotten everything that didnt had to do with Ophthalmology and now I feel almost ready for the exam. HANG IN THERE!!! just study, study, study. Take breaks, relax, and go back to study and you'll be fine. Possitive thought are the most important!!!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (03-27-2012), Hope2Pass (03-27-2012)
  #51  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 224
Threads: 12
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 100
Wink

I signed up for 27th of June.

getting my weapons ready for the monster!

done with 1 read of KLN+FA+Goljan RR and now currently doing UW.

been writting down important aspects into my notes separately.

will do DIT after finishing uw.
still have 1800Q to go

nywys just Hang in there, every 1 will clear it. No worries
Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 03-27-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgod View Post
Just booked the april-may-june slot ....... Currently doing Kaplan Patho/ Pathoma/ Goljan ..... finished Kaplan videos in all other subjects with Kaplan LN. Other books used so far include Hy Neuroanatomy, Hy Cell & Molecular Biol, BRS Behavioural Science, CMMRS.
Further plans include reading BRS Physio, Immuno portion of Levinson & going thro all the books once again.
Reading FA along with DIT course.
Solving the Robbins Q-Book, Kaplan Q-Book.
Doing the Kaplan Q-Bank, UWorld ..... I plan to take the test by May 20 .....
Revising the Q-Bank information once ......
Am really afraid that I won't able to finish off my prep by then ....
That's a great plan! Out of all the qbanks how much are u done and whats your cumulative? Have you taken an nbme's or assessments yet ?
Quick reply to this message
  #53  
Old 03-27-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj23 View Post
I signed up for 27th of June.

getting my weapons ready for the monster!

done with 1 read of KLN+FA+Goljan RR and now currently doing UW.

been writting down important aspects into my notes separately.

will do DIT after finishing uw.
still have 1800Q to go

nywys just Hang in there, every 1 will clear it. No worries
hey my plan is similar except im doing pathoma, goljan audios and kaplan lecture notes for pharm. for everything else its mostly kaplan notes and dit. I still have about 2000 questions to go through in qbank as well.
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aj23 (03-27-2012)
  #54  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Reputation: 57
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridb84 View Post
Hey guys. My exam is on May 19. Im an IMG ophthalmologist so Imagine how hard this whole process has been for me. I've been studying since November, at the beggining scoring really low (embarrassing) on Kaplan qbank 29% (soooooo EMBARRASSING). So i decided to eat,breathe and sleep First Aid Organ Systems, First aid high yield and Goljan Pathology. in the mean time I kept taking the kaplan qbank and so far my scores are up to 65%.my point is you can do it. I had completely forgotten everything that didnt had to do with Ophthalmology and now I feel almost ready for the exam. HANG IN THERE!!! just study, study, study. Take breaks, relax, and go back to study and you'll be fine. Possitive thought are the most important!!!
very Important thought there....salute the effort....
Keep it up..
Mines block is also april-june...will take the date around may as soon as I m issued permit...
Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 03-27-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 877 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 890
Default

hi...............
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Quick reply to this message
  #56  
Old 03-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
I am hoping to write my step 1 by the end of April as well!

I will be writing an NBME in the first week of March to assess my self and see where I stand. Then work on my weakness from there and try to improve my score as much as I can.

I've gone over KLN & Videos and FA & UW.

How have you guys prepared so far ?
Do you think I should include Goljan audios or Rapid Review or DIT in my study schedule ?
is goljan a must?...me doing FAn UW..n m i missing something about DIT?..havent heard of it..update plz..m scheduled for june
Quick reply to this message
  #57  
Old 03-27-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 891 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
hi...............
LOL!!! Welcome to the club!
Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DocSikorski (03-27-2012)
  #58  
Old 03-27-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmfn View Post
is goljan a must?...me doing FAn UW..n m i missing something about DIT?..havent heard of it..update plz..m scheduled for june
Its a good program. It goes along FA with Dr.Jenkins teaching it.

You can read about it more on their website - http://www.doctorsintraining.com/abo...rs-in-training
Quick reply to this message
  #59  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 59
Threads: 22
Thanked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
That's a great plan! Out of all the qbanks how much are u done and whats your cumulative? Have you taken an nbme's or assessments yet ?
As I said I'm still doing Patho Kaplan (Barone)/Pathoma/Goljan ........
And I still have to finish BRS Physio, Immuno(Levinson)
Then go forward with FA +DIT
And finally Q-Books & Qbank....... ( Just done a few Kaplan Qs & finished Neuro anatomy Qs offline UWorld)
Is this all possible before May 20 ( I have'nt booked my date as yet,but this is the date I'm looking at & am afraid I won't be able to finish my prep before this date )
Quick reply to this message



Closed Thread

Tags
Step-1-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Step 1 takers... march-april-may 2012 moske USMLE Step 1 Forum 303 03-20-2012 04:17 AM
Looking for Step 1 Partner in st catherines/niagara falls; Exam: april/2012- june/2012 step1_gurl USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 1 03-04-2012 07:15 PM
Looking for CS Partner in Poznan, Poland or Online; Exam: April-June chienpolska USMLE Step 2 CS Study Partners 0 11-23-2011 01:11 PM
To step takers Advice needed...Pls Help !!! perfectstep1 USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 09-03-2011 07:40 AM
Recent step takers + NBME 11,12 jattdoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 04-27-2011 07:50 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)