step 1 september 1-10 2015 exam takers.results expected on 30th - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-15-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default step 1 september 1-10 2015 exam takers.results expected on 30th

thread for step 1 September 1-10 2015 exam takers.result expected on 30th September 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (09-30-2015)



  #2  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srichanddesi View Post
thread for step 1 September 1-10 2015 exam takers.result expected on 30th September 2015
Hey I took my exam on the 1st, isn't my result expected next week ?
I m so scared and nervous
When did u take it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

I took mine on 4th September.I calculated approx.I don't know either when they will be out.I made silly mistakes.nervous.how was urs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

I made a few mistakes too
But overall I felt ok
Hoping for the result to be good
How were your nbme scores ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

nbme 15-254
nbme 16-250.
how about urs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

15, 16, 17 all 256
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Hi, I gave my exam on sep 3rd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
Hi, I gave my exam on sep 3rd
Nice
How was it ?
And how about your nbmes ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

I felt the exam difficult than nbmes and felt bad after leaving the exam centre
My nbmes are nbme 11 : 228 ; on jul 18
uwsa : 236 n july 21
nbme 12 : 254 on july 27
uwsa :259 on aug 1st
nbme 13 : 249 on aug 5th
kaplan test : 76% on aug 8th
prometric pract: 91% on aug 12
nbme 15 : 243 on aug 15
nbme 17 : 230 on aug 21
nbme 16: 251 on aug 29

Had some health issues during nbme 17 and didn't perform well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
I felt the exam difficult than nbmes and felt bad after leaving the exam centre
My nbmes are nbme 11 : 228 ; on jul 18
uwsa : 236 n july 21
nbme 12 : 254 on july 27
uwsa :259 on aug 1st
nbme 13 : 249 on aug 5th
kaplan test : 76% on aug 8th
prometric pract: 91% on aug 12
nbme 15 : 243 on aug 15
nbme 17 : 230 on aug 21
nbme 16: 251 on aug 29

Had some health issues during nbme 17 and didn't perform well
U will get an awesome score don't worry
I m worrying myself though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Thanx aky gupta let's have faith in God and hope for the best , your nbme scores are awesome , very consistent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
Thanx aky gupta let's have faith in God and hope for the best , your nbme scores are awesome , very consistent
They are consistent because I did all of them in one week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 09-17-2015
Guest
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default Step 1 taken on 1st September

Hey guyz .. took my step 1 on 1st September. . Hoping to get my results on 23rd! !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Hi Priya
Me too
Best of luck
I am also hoping they come out next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 09-17-2015
Guest
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default Step 1 taken on 1st September

All the best to you too!! Its sooooo nerve wrecking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Guys can you please share your exam experience? Like how was it? The length of the questions compared to uworld? Which subject was difficult and why? Which subject isn't covered in FA properly keeping in view your exam etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hope you all score more than your expectations..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 09-21-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Guys my permit link has disappeared
It's going to be out tomorrow
So scared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 09-21-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 129
Threads: 11
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Good Luck guys! I'm pretty sure you all will be getting 250+. Please do stop by to share your results & experiences. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 09-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

A few hours left guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 09-22-2015
Guest
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default Step 1 taken on 1st September

Omg😣😣😣😣😣😣😢😢😢 i m freaking out!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 09-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya6713 View Post
Omg😣😣😣😣😣😣😢😢😢 i m freaking out!!!
Me tooooooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

hey guyzz did you get ur scores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

No not yet.Did u get urs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Yes I got it's 249
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

wow.congrats.great score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 35
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Guys I got mine too
258
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 09-23-2015
Guest
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default Step 1 taken on 1st September

Got mine too 267!!!! Super happppyyyyy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

wow priya6713.U did great on exam.congrats.
can u post ur pretest for correlation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 09-23-2015
Guest
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default Step 1 taken on 1st September

Kaplan simulated taken on 26-7-15 score 81%
NBME 15- (2ND AUG) 251
NBME 16- (15 TH AUG) 260
NBME 17 - (25TH AUG) 254
UWSA 1 - 8TH AUG - 263
UWSA 2 - 23RD AUG- 262
UWORLD TOTAL - 77%
UW LAST 30 TESTS - 82%
KAPLAN Q BANK SOLVED 54%. SCORE 72%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Congrats guys for amazing scores plz share us with ur preparation and exam expeience in correlation to uw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Smile

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

@ Priya , Sowji and Aky ... Congratulations on getting par with step 1 and that too with such wonderful scores ..
Please share ur preparation and exam experience in details with us .
thank you and good luck for step 2 ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Congratulations for great score guys. Please share your experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 09-26-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default My step 1 experience 249

Hi guyzz!! sorry for the late reply I'm an Indian medical graduate YOG : May 2014, from Andhra pradesh.

BACKGROUND: I never thought of usmle until my wedding in feb 2014 , my husband works in US. I moved to US in august 2014 and had no knowledge about step 1 prep so tried to contact many friends and I learned new things from them about the process here , it took me a while to get adjusted to new atmosphere and my new role as wife, I came across these forums in nov 2014 and since then I read experiences of many previous test givers , I thank them sincerely.

PHASE1: Dec to may (5.5mon): I did first reading of all the subjects , I did in this order watched video, studied text, did uworld qustns. I did the subjects in this order.
Physio : kaplan
patho : goljan Rapid review and audios
pathoma videos
Biochem: kaplan
micro & immuno: kaplan
pharma: kaplan
anat : kaplan and netter images and my medschool books
biostats : kaplan & uworld biostat review
behavioral science: kaplan

I used wikipedia and medscape , for reference extensively , I tried to understand the reason behind everything and used google for it and prepared a notebook with all the reasons in concepts I don't know for all systems. I personally liked Goljan rapid review did it twice , because it gave a broader view of medicine , not only the patho part also useful for micro , pharma lot of integrations, not useful if u have less time , pathoma is another best alternative.I did all pathoma videos once. I did uworld during this phase but couldn't grasp all the info in it and forgot even the overall percentage I got, I studied on average 10 hrs a day , daily except sundays thru out my prep and towards this phase it was 12 hrs


PHASE 2: 2.5 mon

I read FA once, uworld 2nd time, I tried to annotate FA from uworld , but not completely bcoz I did most of that in my notebook previosly.I subscribed Kaplan q bank as I felt I was not doing any new questions.

PHASE 3: In july , I thought to give my assessments, started with uwsa 1 scored low, so tooknbme 11; even scored low in it , then tried to identify my mistakes and rectified them , happy to see my next nbme score, my assessment scores are

UWSA1 : 236 on july 18
NBME 11: 228 on july 21
NBME 12 : 254 on jul 27
UWSA2 : 259 ON aug 1
NBME 13: 249 on aug 5
kap sim : 76% on aug 8
promet prac : 91% on aug 12
NBME 15 :243 on aug 15
NBME 17: 230 on aug 21
NBME 16: 251 on aug 29
Real exam: 249 on sep 3
Qbanks Kaplan did >50% : 83 %

Had some health issues during latter half of aug, even my scores dropped down,that was the time I lost my confidence but thanx to God could recover from it soon.

ABOUT EXAM: Just like many people I couldn't sleep night before exam had a bad headache in the morning , I had great faith in God that he honors hardwork
so regained my confidence reached the test cente at 7:20 am and my exam started at 8:00 am couldn't concentrate well for the first 2 blocks lots of sounds from other people typing in the test centre but used ear muffs and got used to it , I took break between every block 5 to 6 min, had some protein bar and banana in between blocks so no special time for lunch ate them whenever I was hungry , I faced many ethics questions in my exam could see atleast 2to 3 per block, so felt difficult in that area and some tough anatomy questions, over all I felt it difficult worried a lot .. and I really came out with a feeling that I can only get 220s but the score was 249 , so I felt its not only me it must be difficult to everyone , I advise to have this attitude during exam , that helps you to do best guess and move on , overall its a different experience , but trust me , u will get your score even though u feel nothing seems well..I aimed for a 250 during my prep but its ok short of one mark.

FINAL WORD: Depth is important than shallow breadth, try to understand the concept clearly so that we don't get confused between options , everyone is different , so the resources may vary but the subject they test is the same, be wise to choose resources that suit ur study plan, because opinions vary , all the best to everyone , I thank my husband who supported through out my prep and my beloved friends , that guided me , and my parents and above all the God Almighty feel free to post questions if any..

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock , the stream always wins, not through strength, but by perserverance"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docmoumi (10-05-2015), flywidcolors (10-02-2015), Hopefuldoc (10-01-2015), MedicalStudent93 (09-29-2015), Naija_Doc (09-26-2015), narinder89 (09-30-2015), PearlM (09-27-2015), smita (09-28-2015), sriharsha.21 (09-26-2015), step123 (09-27-2015), thensg300 (09-26-2015), younglasallian (09-28-2015)



  #36  
Old 09-27-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 129
Threads: 11
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Congratulations Sowji! That's a great score. Thanks for sharing such a detailed experience. Good Luck with step 2!
Please check your inbox I'm sending you a message there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 09-27-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 25
Threads: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
I felt the exam difficult than nbmes and felt bad after leaving the exam centre
My nbmes are nbme 11 : 228 ; on jul 18
uwsa : 236 n july 21
nbme 12 : 254 on july 27
uwsa :259 on aug 1st
nbme 13 : 249 on aug 5th
kaplan test : 76% on aug 8th
prometric pract: 91% on aug 12
nbme 15 : 243 on aug 15
nbme 17 : 230 on aug 21
nbme 16: 251 on aug 29

Had some health issues during nbme 17 and didn't perform well
Hi, Thank you for your information. How were your Uworld scores, when you were doing the tests?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 09-28-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
Hi guyzz!! sorry for the late reply I'm an Indian medical graduate YOG : May 2014, from Andhra pradesh.

BACKGROUND: I never thought of usmle until my wedding in feb 2014 , my husband works in US. I moved to US in august 2014 and had no knowledge about step 1 prep so tried to contact many friends and I learned new things from them about the process here , it took me a while to get adjusted to new atmosphere and my new role as wife, I came across these forums in nov 2014 and since then I read experiences of many previous test givers , I thank them sincerely.

PHASE1: Dec to may (5.5mon): I did first reading of all the subjects , I did in this order watched video, studied text, did uworld qustns. I did the subjects in this order.
Physio : kaplan
patho : goljan Rapid review and audios
pathoma videos
Biochem: kaplan
micro & immuno: kaplan
pharma: kaplan
anat : kaplan and netter images and my medschool books
biostats : kaplan & uworld biostat review
behavioral science: kaplan

I used wikipedia and medscape , for reference extensively , I tried to understand the reason behind everything and used google for it and prepared a notebook with all the reasons in concepts I don't know for all systems. I personally liked Goljan rapid review did it twice , because it gave a broader view of medicine , not only the patho part also useful for micro , pharma lot of integrations, not useful if u have less time , pathoma is another best alternative.I did all pathoma videos once. I did uworld during this phase but couldn't grasp all the info in it and forgot even the overall percentage I got, I studied on average 10 hrs a day , daily except sundays thru out my prep and towards this phase it was 12 hrs


PHASE 2: 2.5 mon

I read FA once, uworld 2nd time, I tried to annotate FA from uworld , but not completely bcoz I did most of that in my notebook previosly.I subscribed Kaplan q bank as I felt I was not doing any new questions.

PHASE 3: In july , I thought to give my assessments, started with uwsa 1 scored low, so tooknbme 11; even scored low in it , then tried to identify my mistakes and rectified them , happy to see my next nbme score, my assessment scores are

UWSA1 : 236 on july 18
NBME 11: 228 on july 21
NBME 12 : 254 on jul 27
UWSA2 : 259 ON aug 1
NBME 13: 249 on aug 5
kap sim : 76% on aug 8
promet prac : 91% on aug 12
NBME 15 :243 on aug 15
NBME 17: 230 on aug 21
NBME 16: 251 on aug 29
Real exam: 249 on sep 3
Qbanks Kaplan did >50% : 83 %

Had some health issues during latter half of aug, even my scores dropped down,that was the time I lost my confidence but thanx to God could recover from it soon.

ABOUT EXAM: Just like many people I couldn't sleep night before exam had a bad headache in the morning , I had great faith in God that he honors hardwork
so regained my confidence reached the test cente at 7:20 am and my exam started at 8:00 am couldn't concentrate well for the first 2 blocks lots of sounds from other people typing in the test centre but used ear muffs and got used to it , I took break between every block 5 to 6 min, had some protein bar and banana in between blocks so no special time for lunch ate them whenever I was hungry , I faced many ethics questions in my exam could see atleast 2to 3 per block, so felt difficult in that area and some tough anatomy questions, over all I felt it difficult worried a lot .. and I really came out with a feeling that I can only get 220s but the score was 249 , so I felt its not only me it must be difficult to everyone , I advise to have this attitude during exam , that helps you to do best guess and move on , overall its a different experience , but trust me , u will get your score even though u feel nothing seems well..I aimed for a 250 during my prep but its ok short of one mark.

FINAL WORD: Depth is important than shallow breadth, try to understand the concept clearly so that we don't get confused between options , everyone is different , so the resources may vary but the subject they test is the same, be wise to choose resources that suit ur study plan, because opinions vary , all the best to everyone , I thank my husband who supported through out my prep and my beloved friends , that guided me , and my parents and above all the God Almighty feel free to post questions if any..

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock , the stream always wins, not through strength, but by perserverance"
Hey thats a very nice brief of your experience, but could you tell me about the safety science questions as they mentioned that from 2015 we are going to see a lot of em???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 09-28-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglasallian View Post
Hey thats a very nice brief of your experience, but could you tell me about the safety science questions as they mentioned that from 2015 we are going to see a lot of em???
Hi younglasallian, I did face some qustns on safety science in my exam , I think I struggled for one of them , but overall its ok, I did kaplan micro, they had mode of transmission for each bug that helped me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
younglasallian (09-28-2015)
  #40  
Old 09-28-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 161
Threads: 18
Thanked 89 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
Hi younglasallian, I did face some qustns on safety science in my exam , I think I struggled for one of them , but overall its ok, I did kaplan micro, they had mode of transmission for each bug that helped me
How were the anatomy questions? Everyone keeps saying they found anatomy the hardest and it is impossible to be fully prepared for it. Is it true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (09-30-2015)
  #41  
Old 09-28-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datson View Post
How were the anatomy questions? Everyone keeps saying they found anatomy the hardest and it is impossible to be fully prepared for it. Is it true?
If you have a strong base in your medical school its doable, but relatively they are tough and I did some from my medical school knowledge, yes I think its not possible to be prepared for all the anatomy we face because of our limited time for prep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (09-30-2015)
  #42  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 157
Threads: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Question

Uworld 100% completed timed unused: 70%
NBME 17: 222 (6 weeks before exam)
UWSA 1: 228 (4 weeks before exam)
UWSA 2: 236 (1 week before exam)
NBME 16: 234 (2 days before exam)
Real deal: 228
I really wanted a score in 230s since First Aid mentions that average score of non US IMG matched into internal medicine is 231 I dont want to lose hope but its hard to stay focused. Any advices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 18
Dominican Republic You can!

Hi everyone, I took my test on sept. 10th and I just received my result which it was a decent 226 (not too good, not to bad), actually NBMEs were pretty accurate for me, so I am extremely grateful with my God.

NBME 15--> 202 (8 weeks before exam)
NBME 16--> 222 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 17--> 226 (2 weeks before exam)

I just wanted to shared it even when is not a super high score to let you know first that NBMEs are a really good assessment services and 2nd because I want you to know that it is possible, I am an average (or below average) IMG with a really bad basis on basic sciences and I did I; If I can everyone with perseverance, FA, uWorld (and Kaplan if your basic knowledge is not good) CAN!

Good Luck and congratulation to the other examen takers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Hopefuldoc (10-01-2015), Manessa (10-01-2015), maymed (10-05-2015), passusmle786 (09-30-2015), Sowji yenigalla (09-30-2015)
  #44  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzamzam View Post
Uworld 100% completed timed unused: 70%
NBME 17: 222 (6 weeks before exam)
UWSA 1: 228 (4 weeks before exam)
UWSA 2: 236 (1 week before exam)
NBME 16: 234 (2 days before exam)
Real deal: 228
I really wanted a score in 230s since First Aid mentions that average score of non US IMG matched into internal medicine is 231 I dont want to lose hope but its hard to stay focused. Any advices?
Hi, congrats you passed step 1 , don't feel bad about it , there are many IMG s who secured residency with your scores try to improve your step 2 score, for many people passing step 1 is a big deal , u did it , remember its not the end of the road , don't get disappointed , remember you are only 2 points low of ur expected score SEM is +/- 5 right , have fighting spirit go ahead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Manessa (10-01-2015), passusmle786 (09-30-2015)
  #45  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Hi everyone, I took my test on sept. 10th and I just received my result which it was a decent 226 (not too good, not to bad), actually NBMEs were pretty accurate for me, so I am extremely grateful with my God.

NBME 15--> 202 (8 weeks before exam)
NBME 16--> 222 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 17--> 226 (2 weeks before exam)

I just wanted to shared it even when is not a super high score to let you know first that NBMEs are a really good assessment services and 2nd because I want you to know that it is possible, I am an average (or below average) IMG with a really bad basis on basic sciences and I did I; If I can everyone with perseverance, FA, uWorld (and Kaplan if your basic knowledge is not good) CAN!

Good Luck and congratulation to the other examen takers.
Congrats !! u did it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Paty (10-04-2015)



  #46  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 71
Threads: 41
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Hey congrats on all your scores!! I had a quick que.... so if i take my exam on a monday or tuesday...is it true that the wed of that week doesnt count (so basically i will get my scores on the 4th wed after my exam).
If i take it Thursday-friday then i will get it on the 3rd wed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 21
Threads: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla937 View Post
Hey congrats on all your scores!! I had a quick que.... so if i take my exam on a monday or tuesday...is it true that the wed of that week doesnt count (so basically i will get my scores on the 4th wed after my exam).
If i take it Thursday-friday then i will get it on the 3rd wed?
Yes (for most people)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Layla937 (10-01-2015)
  #48  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 15
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Hi everyone, I took my test on sept. 10th and I just received my result which it was a decent 226 (not too good, not to bad), actually NBMEs were pretty accurate for me, so I am extremely grateful with my God.

NBME 15--> 202 (8 weeks before exam)
NBME 16--> 222 (4 weeks before exam)
NBME 17--> 226 (2 weeks before exam)

I just wanted to shared it even when is not a super high score to let you know first that NBMEs are a really good assessment services and 2nd because I want you to know that it is possible, I am an average (or below average) IMG with a really bad basis on basic sciences and I did I; If I can everyone with perseverance, FA, uWorld (and Kaplan if your basic knowledge is not good) CAN!

Good Luck and congratulation to the other examen takers.
Hi paty
Congrats on your score. I think there are lot of people like me with their nbme scores 200-210. And I really wish my step1 score to be anything above 220.my exam is in 4 weeks. Please share what you did from nbme 15 to 16 that improved your score by nearly 15-20 points. Also could u please share your last month exam prep. Wish u a good luck for step2CKand CS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Noomi (10-01-2015)
  #49  
Old 10-04-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default Congratulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowji yenigalla View Post
Congrats !! u did it
Congrats to you on such a really good score and the best of luck on your upcoming preparation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 10-04-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default Thank you!!!!!

Thank you so much Manessa . Well 1st thing that I can tell you is prefer quality over quantity (someone here in the forum gave me this advice and I'm extremely grateful) and what I mean with that is: focus on your weakness and reinforce them with the two most important tools FA and uWorld, they are your BFF, they are your passing tools. I did some of the first 20 videos of Pathoma because I was really weak on those subjects (general principales, inflammation, free radicals and stuff like that), those videos are really good but only if you have the time. If that is not the case stick to your BFF, and forget about trying something new at this time.

The last month I read FA once again, I finished uWorld (2nd time) and did the wrong questions I had (I used to do 2 blocks early in the morning 5:30-6 am and reviewed them from 8-1/2 pm I was really slow there, after that read FA from 3 to 9 -10 pm), read and re-read rapid review (try ask/answer at least 1 page daily with a study partner, it will help you to put a lot of different things together, to fast recall and memorized important key words). I also reviewed the last few days NBME 15, 16, 17, but just the general principal part because again I wasn't good at it and is not that you are going to have the same questions in the test but at least it would help you to be familiarized with those concepts after you have seen them in many different ways; at least for me that worked because in the real test my performance on GP was borderline to higher performance, which was a huge accomplishment because it was always on the lower performance to borderline (barely, being honest). AH! I also prayed a lot.

I really hope this can help you, If you have any other question or there is something that is not clear don't hesitate to ask me.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Manessa (10-05-2015), Noomi (10-04-2015)
  #51  
Old 10-05-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 15
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Show Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Thank you so much Manessa . Well 1st thing that I can tell you is prefer quality over quantity (someone here in the forum gave me this advice and I'm extremely grateful) and what I mean with that is: focus on your weakness and reinforce them with the two most important tools FA and uWorld, they are your BFF, they are your passing tools. I did some of the first 20 videos of Pathoma because I was really weak on those subjects (general principales, inflammation, free radicals and stuff like that), those videos are really good but only if you have the time. If that is not the case stick to your BFF, and forget about trying something new at this time.

The last month I read FA once again, I finished uWorld (2nd time) and did the wrong questions I had (I used to do 2 blocks early in the morning 5:30-6 am and reviewed them from 8-1/2 pm I was really slow there, after that read FA from 3 to 9 -10 pm), read and re-read rapid review (try ask/answer at least 1 page daily with a study partner, it will help you to put a lot of different things together, to fast recall and memorized important key words). I also reviewed the last few days NBME 15, 16, 17, but just the general principal part because again I wasn't good at it and is not that you are going to have the same questions in the test but at least it would help you to be familiarized with those concepts after you have seen them in many different ways; at least for me that worked because in the real test my performance on GP was borderline to higher performance, which was a huge accomplishment because it was always on the lower performance to borderline (barely, being honest). AH! I also prayed a lot.

I really hope this can help you, If you have any other question or there is something that is not clear don't hesitate to ask me.
Good luck!
Thank you paty for your valuable suggestions. Good luck on your next preparation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Paty (10-05-2015)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
September 9th, 2015; Step 1 Exam Results Thread MedicalStudent93 USMLE Step 1 Forum 51 10-19-2015 06:53 PM
Expected step1 results Sep 2,2015 kmc189 USMLE Step 1 Forum 45 09-03-2015 10:33 AM
Exam experience step 1 taken on 30th march 2015 usmlevideos007 USMLE Step 1 Forum 32 04-19-2015 10:04 AM
May 30th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread dull_leafage USMLE Step 1 Forum 10 05-31-2012 01:47 AM
October 30th, 2010; Step 1 Exam Results Thread arunjose USMLE Step 1 Forum 29 06-11-2011 09:29 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)