Suggestion on step 1 score - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Suggestion on step 1 score

I recieved my step 1 score today..it is 229..i am really confused as to what to do next..whether to continue or not...i am IMG from india..no green card...what are my chances of getting a residency if i continue...PLEASE DO HELP ME OUT... THANKYOU...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 163
Threads: 9
Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
Reputation: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBK01 View Post
I recieved my step 1 score today..it is 229..i am really confused as to what to do next..whether to continue or not...i am IMG from india..no green card...what are my chances of getting a residency if i continue...PLEASE DO HELP ME OUT... THANKYOU...
229 is somewhere around US average. That means you don't get "extra points" for great step 1 score. However, it doesn't mean, you have to give up altogether. You can still match if you get great step 2 score and cs component on 1st pass. Your possibilities of matching will also depend on your program and specialty choices. If you choose less competitive specialties and/or programs and apply broadly, you have a chance.
Don't beat yourself up about your score. There is nothing you can do about it now. What you can do is study harder for Step 2. But right now go celebrate. You passed. I know that getting a score lower than you hoped for is devastating, especially after you studied for many hours and spend a lot of money on this thing, but it's perfectly normal.
If you want, I mean really want to go down this road, don't give up. It will be hard, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Accomplishing something feels way better than quitting. At least you won't have to look back and think what if...

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
carbdoc17 (10-14-2015)
  #3  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 305
Threads: 40
Thanked 103 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 113
Default

thats not a bad score at all....dont worry....ck ki baaga chaduvko...ul do well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacky.mcquacky View Post
229 is somewhere around US average. That means you don't get "extra points" for great step 1 score. However, it doesn't mean, you have to give up altogether. You can still match if you get great step 2 score and cs component on 1st pass. Your possibilities of matching will also depend on your program and specialty choices. If you choose less competitive specialties and/or programs and apply broadly, you have a chance.
Don't beat yourself up about your score. There is nothing you can do about it now. What you can do is study harder for Step 2. But right now go celebrate. You passed. I know that getting a score lower than you hoped for is devastating, especially after you studied for many hours and spend a lot of money on this thing, but it's perfectly normal.
If you want, I mean really want to go down this road, don't give up. It will be hard, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Accomplishing something feels way better than quitting. At least you won't have to look back and think what if...

Good luck!
Thank you very much for ur encouraging words..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smita View Post
thats not a bad score at all....dont worry....ck ki baaga chaduvko...ul do well
Thanks smita...telugu ani ela telsindi..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 305
Threads: 40
Thanked 103 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 113
Default

i saw ur post in that exam thread.....nuv evarko some documents gurinchi advise chestunde....
but still chala manchi marks vachay...haayig aenjoy chey....tension padaku....ck and cs la manchi marks vasthe chaalu ...u knw the drill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smita View Post
i saw ur post in that exam thread.....nuv evarko some documents gurinchi advise chestunde....
but still chala manchi marks vachay...haayig aenjoy chey....tension padaku....ck and cs la manchi marks vasthe chaalu ...u knw the drill
Ohh yeah..right..sep 9th na ravalsina result nadi..iroju vachindi..em chestam inka what's done is done..step 2 ki gattiga chadavalemo..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 305
Threads: 40
Thanked 103 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 113
Default

yup...correct ga chepav....
can i ask ekadidi mee uruu?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 30
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smita View Post
yup...correct ga chepav....
can i ask ekadidi mee uruu?
Im from hyderabad...medicine matram asram clg,eluru..vijayawada pakkana..2k9 batch..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 22
Threads: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

hey can u post u r nbme scores ? i am from hyd too btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 1
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacky.mcquacky View Post
229 is somewhere around US average. That means you don't get "extra points" for great step 1 score. However, it doesn't mean, you have to give up altogether. You can still match if you get great step 2 score and cs component on 1st pass. Your possibilities of matching will also depend on your program and specialty choices. If you choose less competitive specialties and/or programs and apply broadly, you have a chance.
Don't beat yourself up about your score. There is nothing you can do about it now. What you can do is study harder for Step 2. But right now go celebrate. You passed. I know that getting a score lower than you hoped for is devastating, especially after you studied for many hours and spend a lot of money on this thing, but it's perfectly normal.
If you want, I mean really want to go down this road, don't give up. It will be hard, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Accomplishing something feels way better than quitting. At least you won't have to look back and think what if...

Good luck!
Couldn't agree more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need suggestion shruti7 IMG Residency Match Forum 2 08-17-2015 12:21 PM
Suggestion Please! future USMLE Step 3 Forum 0 02-16-2015 05:31 AM
Need suggestion pragati USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 03-03-2014 05:10 PM
Need suggestion with PS usmleprep_sr IMG Residency Match Forum 2 09-20-2013 07:50 AM
Study plan for Step 1 (Any suggestion is welcome) justfree USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 10-09-2010 02:34 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)