NBME 6 BLOCK 1: help - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 140
Threads: 52
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Arrow NBME 6 BLOCK 1: help

i started nbme 6 block 1 today and gonna do block 2 tomorrow if anyone wants to join ???
I need explanation for the following questions
Q14 ???
Q 33 why not tyramine??

QQ 42 confused between d or e ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usmle_taker (03-12-2012)



  #2  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 59
Threads: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Would u please send me name form 7 and answer key if u have it I really really need it thats my email sonsonaton@hotmail.com thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 122
Threads: 45
Thanked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlady View Post
i started nbme 6 block 1 today and gonna do block 2 tomorrow if anyone wants to join ???
I need explanation for the following questions
Q14 ???
Q 33 why not tyramine??

QQ 42 confused between d or e ???
For Q33 - Tyramine is broken down by the MAO system so you would not consider it. Isoproterenol is B1 = B2 stimulate and I guess you know the rest.

Q14 - Naloxone is dose dependent in terms of length of duration. So if overdose on an opioid you have to constantly get another injection overtime.

Q42 - Going off what I found on this: Halothane -> central medullary depression -> dec VA -> you increase PCO2. So I would go with E on this one. The reason why not D is because the CO2 should drop if you HyperVent (thou the levels will not be close to normal but would be somewhere between graph E and graph C). So the answer E is when patient has NOT compensated yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
flowerlady (03-12-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 140
Threads: 52
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaher View Post
Would u please send me name form 7 and answer key if u have it I really really need it thats my email sonsonaton@hotmail.com thanks in advance

I am sorry I dont have forum 7 but if i have it i will send it to u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 140
Threads: 52
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear2d View Post
For Q33 - Tyramine is broken down by the MAO system so you would not consider it. Isoproterenol is B1 = B2 stimulate and I guess you know the rest.

Q14 - Naloxone is dose dependent in terms of length of duration. So if overdose on an opioid you have to constantly get another injection overtime.

Q42 - Going off what I found on this: Halothane -> central medullary depression -> dec VA -> you increase PCO2. So I would go with E on this one. The reason why not D is because the CO2 should drop if you HyperVent (thou the levels will not be close to normal but would be somewhere between graph E and graph C). So the answer E is when patient has NOT compensated yet.

thanks alot, I plan to make block 2 tomorrow , would u like to join??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 101
Threads: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerlady View Post
i started nbme 6 block 1 today and gonna do block 2 tomorrow if anyone wants to join ???
I need explanation for the following questions
Q14 ???
Q 33 why not tyramine??

QQ 42 confused between d or e ???


I want to join!! but are u doing it offline or online??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
NBME-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBME 11 block 2 haga USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 03-08-2012 08:24 PM
NBME 11 Block 1 haga USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 03-08-2012 08:05 PM
NBME 4 Block 4 haga USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 03-07-2012 06:55 PM
NBME 4 Block 3 haga USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 03-07-2012 06:41 PM
NBME 4 Block 1 haga USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 03-06-2012 02:06 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)