NBME form 11 score 400/198 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Arrow NBME form 11 score 400/198

i took it self paced n completed in two days..got 400/198..i know itz quiet low score..i jus wanted to c where i stand..my source of prep is jus FA n offline UW ..n started NOW with kaplan videos..i had previously gone thru KLN for some subjects like patho ,,pharma ,,biochem..but forgot most of it..well the most alarming thing is that i have taken date in june 2012..should i take it or extend..also i havent completed FA fully yet ..still micro pharma psychi to go..should i tkae online subscription of UW at this point?..m planning to gear up my prep for 2 months ..is it possible to complete all DVDS in this time period?..sincere advise will be appreciated...thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 170
Threads: 6
Thanked 137 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 147
Default

its amazing that u managed to pass without micro, pharm & psych. & its amazing no one replied to u for 3 days!
keep going, u will do well after u have done all ur subjects
the online subscription of UW will help if u havent done much of it offline already

Last edited by theundead; 03-27-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 259
Threads: 9
Thanked 331 Times in 133 Posts
Reputation: 351
Send a message via MSN to Nouman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmfn View Post
i took it self paced n completed in two days..got 400/198..i know itz quiet low score..i jus wanted to c where i stand..my source of prep is jus FA n offline UW ..n started NOW with kaplan videos..i had previously gone thru KLN for some subjects like patho ,,pharma ,,biochem..but forgot most of it..well the most alarming thing is that i have taken date in june 2012..should i take it or extend..also i havent completed FA fully yet ..still micro pharma psychi to go..should i tkae online subscription of UW at this point?..m planning to gear up my prep for 2 months ..is it possible to complete all DVDS in this time period?..sincere advise will be appreciated...thanx
I think you should finish your FA and Uworld and then take another NBME to assess your position. NBME11 is the toughest NBME out there. You did good!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docmfn (03-27-2012)
  #4  
Old 03-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundead View Post
its amazing that u managed to pass without micro, pharm & psych. & its amazing no one replied to u for 3 days!
keep going, u will do well after u have done all ur subjects
the online subscription of UW will help if u havent done much of it offline already
Thanx a lot ) I was kinda disappointed that no 1 out there is helpful to me ..in this forum..well I was thinking of extending my eligibility period ..was lil scared .but what I took was outta my residual knowledge ..I wasn't serious till now about step 1 ..rather I was scared n confused with bizzare prep ..now finally decided to complete UW n FA fully in 2 months ,,with as much DVDS of kaplan as I can ..then take nbme 7 in mid may n c what's my position .n decide acc wether I need to extend my elig period or not ..I guess u can do it a month before ur test date ..right? Thanx both of u n Nouman for sincere advice .any tit bits n tips are welcomed ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 170
Threads: 6
Thanked 137 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 147
Default

if u do 35 pages of FA daily, u finish it in 14 days
if u do 3 uworld blocks daily, in timed random mode, u finish uworld in 14 days

both of these sound very hard, but are totally possible

add every new thing u learn from anywhere into FA, after 1 month u will have a beautiful book.
Kaplan videos u may want to do while studying FA: neuroanatomy, biochemistry, pharma: Raymon's lectures, genetics, beh. science
videos u dont want to do: histo, gross anatomy, etc
use vlc media player & play at 1.5x to 2x speed
after this 1st month, take an online nbme
then u have around 2 months to revise FA twice, & do all nbmes(online or offline), with explanations. & u r ready to go.
I dont think u need to extend ur eligibility period
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docmfn (03-27-2012)
  #6  
Old 03-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundead View Post
if u do 35 pages of FA daily, u finish it in 14 days
if u do 3 uworld blocks daily, in timed random mode, u finish uworld in 14 days

both of these sound very hard, but are totally possible

add every new thing u learn from anywhere into FA, after 1 month u will have a beautiful book.
Kaplan videos u may want to do while studying FA: neuroanatomy, biochemistry, pharma: Raymon's lectures, genetics, beh. science
videos u dont want to do: histo, gross anatomy, etc
use vlc media player & play at 1.5x to 2x speed
after this 1st month, take an online nbme
then u have around 2 months to revise FA twice, & do all nbmes(online or offline), with explanations. & u r ready to go.
I dont think u need to extend ur eligibility period
THANX A LOT ...itz the best advice I ever got ) thanx to all others who took out there time for me ..yeah I do listen to kln vids in 1.5 VLC ..currently biochem ..hey what about physio n micro ..should I watch vid ? No physio in FA n where from biostatistics ?? Today onwards 35 pages FA n should I take 3 month or 1 month subscrip for UW ? N then extend that ? U mean UW QBANK right? thanx a ton again ..have u taken any step? Plz keep me boosting ..need a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 170
Threads: 6
Thanked 137 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmfn View Post
THANX A LOT ...itz the best advice I ever got ) thanx to all others who took out there time for me ..yeah I do listen to kln vids in 1.5 VLC ..currently biochem ..hey what about physio n micro ..should I watch vid ? No physio in FA n where from biostatistics ?? Today onwards 35 pages FA n should I take 3 month or 1 month subscrip for UW ? N then extend that ? U mean UW QBANK right? thanx a ton again ..have u taken any step? Plz keep me boosting ..need a lot
physio & micro: its ur call. they are average videos, if u like them watch them but they arent necessary in my opinion
biostats also from kaplan, although most of the time FA is enough, but i was weak in biostats in med college, so had to do from kaplan
yes i mean the uworld qbank, some people revise uworld after completing it, but i dont think thats of any benefit if u did it thoroughly the 1st time, so take a 2 month subscription to be on the safe side.
& last question: not yet, but im hoping to take step 1 in the next couple of weeks probably. Pray for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
docmfn (03-27-2012), Nouman (03-27-2012)
  #8  
Old 03-27-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundead View Post
physio & micro: its ur call. they are average videos, if u like them watch them but they arent necessary in my opinion
biostats also from kaplan, although most of the time FA is enough, but i was weak in biostats in med college, so had to do from kaplan
yes i mean the uworld qbank, some people revise uworld after completing it, but i dont think thats of any benefit if u did it thoroughly the 1st time, so take a 2 month subscription to be on the safe side.
& last question: not yet, but im hoping to take step 1 in the next couple of weeks probably. Pray for me
thanx ...all the very best..have faith,,,,stay cooolll...n what do u think is MOST IMP FOR GOOD SCORES?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-03-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theundead View Post
physio & micro: its ur call. they are average videos, if u like them watch them but they arent necessary in my opinion
biostats also from kaplan, although most of the time FA is enough, but i was weak in biostats in med college, so had to do from kaplan
yes i mean the uworld qbank, some people revise uworld after completing it, but i dont think thats of any benefit if u did it thoroughly the 1st time, so take a 2 month subscription to be on the safe side.
& last question: not yet, but im hoping to take step 1 in the next couple of weeks probably. Pray for me
Hi there..know what I got empty feeling often ..my prep doesnt seem enough..what bothers me is that I havn't done Kaplan fully ..itz haunting me as everybody here stresses on Kaplan even one of my seniors who matched after 4 years advices me not to rush n take time in finishing videos ..m really confused what to do??? Should I extend I elig period? N start kalan in detail? Or should I stick to my plan? Also I started UW in tutor mode ..gosh takes me long enough to take notes ..like 10 ques per day ..how to finish Zuw ASAP ? N ur advice of 35 pages not working as well coz I couldn't retain it ...IM IN NEED OF SINCERE ADVICE ..PPL OUT THEREIN THIS FIRUM PLZ HELP ME BEFORE I I GET CLINICAL DEPRESSION (((((((
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-03-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 873 Times in 506 Posts
Reputation: 886
Default

Man, getting depression is nothing compared to getting a bad score.
Of course extend!
NBME is 200 random questions that you are more likely never see (though the concepts will be tested again and again).
The only true correlation of your possible performance on the real test is your "inner muscle" that tells you - Man, you are ready, go and scalp the test!
If you feel that you need to go through Kaplan - it only means that you do really need to go through it.
This test is not a quick dump, where you memorize not related to each other facts or learn a poem and then go spit it out. Nope, this test is a sick maniac that knows how to trick you, knows what you do not like and knows when you turn your back to stab you.
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-03-2012
docmfn's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 95
Threads: 17
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
Man, getting depression is nothing compared to getting a bad score.
Of course extend!
NBME is 200 random questions that you are more likely never see (though the concepts will be tested again and again).
The only true correlation of your possible performance on the real test is your "inner muscle" that tells you - Man, you are ready, go and scalp the test!
If you feel that you need to go through Kaplan - it only means that you do really need to go through it.
This test is not a quick dump, where you memorize not related to each other facts or learn a poem and then go spit it out. Nope, this test is a sick maniac that knows how to trick you, knows what you do not like and knows when you turn your back to stab you.
m a girl ..n thanx for ur advice..it was kinda relief that i can go thru with FA n UW ONLY...BUTTTT m wrong..KAPLAN IS A MUST..i dont like reading minutest details as if doing undergrad again..but i have no option left than to extend n at least go thru kaplan vidz once ..n continuing with fa n uw..can anyone guide me how to extend elig period..?..mine is MAY-JUNE-JULY..n i guess i need to call prometeric first to cancel appointment n for doin so now they wont charge i guess but what about extending ?..how to do on IWA ?..i have valid form 186..n do they charge me $65?..n how long it takes to extend??.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
NBME-, USMLE-Scores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBME Form 12 Score 500/92 meka USMLE Step 1 Forum 15 09-07-2012 01:22 PM
NBME Form 3 score 200 doctrepntr111 USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 02-26-2012 07:58 PM
NBME Form 7 Score 200! blerimi8 USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 07-19-2011 02:08 PM
NBME Form 7 score 470 GTTAG USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 01-12-2011 10:54 AM
NBME Form 1 Score 220 gunner0101 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 12-17-2010 09:02 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)