My opinion about NBME 13 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Smile My opinion about NBME 13

NBME 13: what the **** was that!!!
midway down the exam I felt I will surely fail (i scored 193/380 in form 12)...but fortunately i passed with 530/228.. just wanna say thank my star only
btw NBME 13 discussion thread..can anyone give it?? exam in 2 days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-08-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 889 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 906
Default

That's great, bud!! I wish you ALL the best in your exam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-08-2012)
  #3  
Old 04-08-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

hey man!! whatever you do, try to chill last day, start prep early the day before the exam i mean

1. all the food you are taking
2. liquids: coffe, redbull, water
3. Small bag, i mean small, locker might be small like mine: toilet paper(you never know), a book(you might read it in your car,but not in prometric), some advil PRN, scheduling permit, ID.
4. Have the adress of prometric, have gas in your car.
5. Most important: try to sleep as early as possible today, so tomorrow won't be that hard, i stayed like 4 hours without going to sleep.
6. Pray and thank God.
7. Try to go through all the thing that are volatil tonight, like formulas ..etc.

If anything else i remember i will post, but try to get there early, at lease 40 minutes before, it also helps to calm yourself down 5 minutes before you enter prometric. Don't enter any watch, cellphone, nothing man!... even your coat, if its cold stay with it, if not take it off because you can't take it off inside the exam area.

Ok, do your best man!... try to chill in the exam you know you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-08-2012), d_wiqed (04-08-2012), Dr. Mexito (04-08-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 04-08-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 675
Threads: 84
Thanked 427 Times in 206 Posts
Reputation: 437
Default

Hey avash!

I noticed that after you started out with a low NBME, ur self-assessments have been consistently rising and rising! Bravo on ur hard work and patience!

I just want to know, how are you doing it?!
My first NBME was 12 as well (i failed it) and that was 2 weeks ago and my exam is after almost 7 weeks.
What have you been doing during these past weeks that helped increase ur scores?

I know you have ur exam in a couple of days so u dont have to answer me right away since your probably VERY busy!

Good luck on ur exam! Based on all ur threads, u have this thing in the bag, im sure of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-08-2012), d_wiqed (04-08-2012), steps_8186 (04-08-2012)
  #5  
Old 04-08-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 257
Threads: 49
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Heyy Good luck for ur exam! M sure u'l rock it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-08-2012)
  #6  
Old 04-08-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 590
Threads: 8
Thanked 239 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 249
Default

Good luck!
You will do great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-08-2012)
  #7  
Old 04-09-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Thanks to all of u here in this forum..i feel lucky to be a member in this forum with people like u who are so kind that they are all willing to help me so much..have the company of the nicest set of friends here in the net i feel now..btw just did uworld sim test 2 today and got 247/640..just to boost confidence..and again thanks a lot to everyone hereAnd yeah a lot of sorry to dr.nick bcoz of promises i cud not keep that i gave him
one silly qs:regarding scheduling permit:is it the thing one has to print with some confirmation number in it when one confirms the date??or something else..i mean those ecfmg pages etc??just only that sheet of paper will suffice??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (04-09-2012)
  #8  
Old 04-09-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
Hey avash!

I noticed that after you started out with a low NBME, ur self-assessments have been consistently rising and rising! Bravo on ur hard work and patience!

I just want to know, how are you doing it?!
My first NBME was 12 as well (i failed it) and that was 2 weeks ago and my exam is after almost 7 weeks.
What have you been doing during these past weeks that helped increase ur scores?

I know you have ur exam in a couple of days so u dont have to answer me right away since your probably VERY busy!

Good luck on ur exam! Based on all ur threads, u have this thing in the bag, im sure of it!
just stick tight buddy..u will do great..i am sure..NBMEs well they are so harshonce felt whether i am actually fit to even apply for usmle after nbme 12..now i feel lot better..but really now i feel everyone can do it and yeah with flying colours..hope and full believe u will do great too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-09-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 675
Threads: 84
Thanked 427 Times in 206 Posts
Reputation: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
just stick tight buddy..u will do great..i am sure..NBMEs well they are so harshonce felt whether i am actually fit to even apply for usmle after nbme 12..now i feel lot better..but really now i feel everyone can do it and yeah with flying colours..hope and full believe u will do great too
Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate it

But really, What have you been doing after ur first NBME?! How did you do that "final tweak"? What was ur strategy, plan, schedule?

I feel so bad asking u for advice days b4 ur exam, so plz -for the sake of sparing me some guilt- don't answer now! Answer after ur done

Thnx again and good luck
Step one is going to be your bitch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-09-2012)
  #10  
Old 04-09-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
Thanks to all of u here in this forum..i feel lucky to be a member in this forum with people like u who are so kind that they are all willing to help me so much..have the company of the nicest set of friends here in the net i feel now..btw just did uworld sim test 2 today and got 247/640..just to boost confidence..and again thanks a lot to everyone hereAnd yeah a lot of sorry to dr.nick bcoz of promises i cud not keep that i gave him
one silly qs:regarding scheduling permit:is it the thing one has to print with some confirmation number in it when one confirms the date??or something else..i mean those ecfmg pages etc??just only that sheet of paper will suffice??
it's the one they gave you that has your CIN number, they give it to you so you can actually schedule your exam in prometric.
If you're a freak like make, print everything and take everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-09-2012)
  #11  
Old 04-09-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate it

But really, What have you been doing after ur first NBME?! How did you do that "final tweak"? What was ur strategy, plan, schedule?

I feel so bad asking u for advice days b4 ur exam, so plz -for the sake of sparing me some guilt- don't answer now! Answer after ur done

Thnx again and good luck
Step one is going to be your bitch
hi buddy...no guilt at all..relaxing the last 1.5 days..enough of the stuff..not a daydreamer..will be happy with anything around 230...so 2 days of study wont change my expectation or my scores at al..well i havent given my real exam as yet so dont think really shud advise u anything
after my first NBME,i went through KLN once more for the subjects it showed me below borderline...and 100 cases(as recommended by sukar my friend) and covered up the uworld notes i wrote in the last 5 chapters of FA(i havent read them before doing nbme 12)..after that gave uwsa 1..then went over FA once more,all wrong qs of uworld and 180 qs of goljan patholgy examgave nbme 13..thought score was a fluke.gave uwsa 2 to verify whether really it was true or not..showed 247..considering it overpredicts by 20 points ,i am still happy..i can now just hope luck favours me and i dont end up getting low 200s..:sorry::sorry::sorry:am sure u will be all well soon too..fingers crossed for ur great result
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Renaissance (04-09-2012)
  #12  
Old 04-09-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
it's the one they gave you that has your CIN number, they give it to you so you can actually schedule your exam in prometric.
If you're a freak like make, print everything and take everything
absolutely..am just a freak like u..will be bringing a whole file with me now for the d-day..btw my friend did u find real exam tougher than nbme 13??actually few people suggesting NBME 13 is like some uwsa as it grossly overpredicts due to its lenient marking atterns..last moment tips of course from uall the best for ur scores..cant forget the inspiration video u gave me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 04-09-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
absolutely..am just a freak like u..will be bringing a whole file with me now for the d-day..btw my friend did u find real exam tougher than nbme 13??actually few people suggesting NBME 13 is like some uwsa as it grossly overpredicts due to its lenient marking atterns..last moment tips of course from uall the best for ur scores..cant forget the inspiration video u gave me
Not at all man, i really can't compare the exam to anything, if something to compare it maybe UW. Because questions where kind of weird, but not in a bad way, they tested concepts mostly. Some long questions, i just tried to be focused the whole exam, if a question was somewhat too long or to hard, marked it and moved on. So don't worry, if you have the concepts, you'll be fine. Nothing like NBME 13 or 12 in my own opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-10-2012), d_wiqed (04-09-2012)
  #14  
Old 04-09-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,406
Threads: 118
Thanked 644 Times in 408 Posts
Reputation: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
yeah a lot of sorry to dr.nick bcoz of promises i cud not keep that i gave him
no worries bro, goodluck.
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (04-10-2012)



Reply

Tags
NBME-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinion on Biochemistry... Dr. Mexito USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 11-16-2011 01:45 AM
My opinion about CSE video Grxx USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 08-19-2011 06:59 AM
Opinion on NBME 3? Hope2Pass USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 07-27-2011 03:16 PM
Opinion regrading NBME 12 doc_study USMLE Step 1 Forum 21 07-17-2011 11:02 PM
i need expert opinion prachu85_v IMG Residency Match Forum 1 09-16-2010 05:37 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)