Is it too much for step 1? Please Help - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Is it too much for step 1? Please Help

My preparation strategy

______________________ ________

Pathology : Goljan + pathoma videos

Qn resources : Robbins pathology review Q& A (1100 qns) followed by UW chapter wise

______________________ ________

Biochemistry : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : BRS biochemistry 800 qns followed by UW

______________________ ________

Pharmacology : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : Lippincott's Q&A Review 1000 qns followed by UW chapter wise


______________________ ________

Anatomy : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources :

Lippincott's Q&A - gross & embryo -400qns
Lippincott QA Histology -1000 qns

Lippincott neurology -600 qns

All these followed by UW


______________________ ________

Physiology : BRS physiology & Kaplan Videos

Qn resources : BRS 350 qns ; followed by UW

______________________ ________

Microbiology : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : Lippincott QA : 500 qns followed by UW

______________________ ________

Behavioral science : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : BRS 700 qns

______________________ ________

After the first reading , revision of each subjects will be followed by USMLERx and kaplan qbank

Total revisions : 3
UW twice , 2nd round - around last month
______________________ ________

In addition, for pathology I am planning to do lippincott's Rubin's Pathology review ( 1100qns ) in the first revision
______________________ ________


Total qns: 15000


My present status :

Pathology , 80% finished - first read

Step 1 : before October 10 ; 2016 :

6 months left.

Not working at present
______________________ ________


I am planning to do qns from above mentioned books in addition to UW , Kaplan & UsmleRx

My question is : am I taking too much questions for step 1 ?

If it is too much , kindly advise me to avoid those "qn books" that are unnecessary


Thanks...may god bless you

....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-04-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 58
Threads: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMG_INDIA View Post
My preparation strategy

______________________ ________

Pathology : Goljan + pathoma videos

Qn resources : Robbins pathology review Q& A (1100 qns) followed by UW chapter wise

______________________ ________

Biochemistry : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : BRS biochemistry 800 qns followed by UW

______________________ ________

Pharmacology : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : Lippincott's Q&A Review 1000 qns followed by UW chapter wise


______________________ ________

Anatomy : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources :

Lippincott's Q&A - gross & embryo -400qns
Lippincott QA Histology -1000 qns

Lippincott neurology -600 qns

All these followed by UW


______________________ ________

Physiology : BRS physiology & Kaplan Videos

Qn resources : BRS 350 qns ; followed by UW

______________________ ________

Microbiology : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : Lippincott QA : 500 qns followed by UW

______________________ ________

Behavioral science : Kaplan LN & Videos

Qn resources : BRS 700 qns

______________________ ________

After the first reading , revision of each subjects will be followed by USMLERx and kaplan qbank

Total revisions : 3
UW twice , 2nd round - around last month
______________________ ________

In addition, for pathology I am planning to do lippincott's Rubin's Pathology review ( 1100qns ) in the first revision
______________________ ________


Total qns: 15000


My present status :

Pathology , 80% finished - first read

Step 1 : before October 10 ; 2016 :

6 months left.

Not working at present
______________________ ________


I am planning to do qns from above mentioned books in addition to UW , Kaplan & UsmleRx

My question is : am I taking too much questions for step 1 ?

If it is too much , kindly advise me to avoid those "qn books" that are unnecessary


Thanks...may god bless you

....
Theres no such thing as too many questions. When are you expecting to take the exam though? That might narrow it down to which books to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-04-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroGirl91 View Post
Theres no such thing as too many questions. When are you expecting to take the exam though? That might narrow it down to which books to use.

Thanks for the reply..may god bless you

I am planning to take step 1 in October first half..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-04-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 58
Threads: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMG_INDIA View Post
Thanks for the reply..may god bless you

I am planning to take step 1 in October first half..
I would stick to knowing Uworld inside and out and then using the other qbanks as supplementary. But finish uworld twice and everything else should be just secondary to that.

Also its not just a matter of "doing questions" but what you learn fromit, how you review it etc. If you do a good job, you wont need more than 2 qbanks max.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-04-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroGirl91 View Post
I would stick to knowing Uworld inside and out and then using the other qbanks as supplementary. But finish uworld twice and everything else should be just secondary to that.

Also its not just a matter of "doing questions" but what you learn fromit, how you review it etc. If you do a good job, you wont need more than 2 qbanks max.

I use qn books (like robbins qa book) prior to UW mainly to warm up and to strengthen my concepts...

after doing qns from book, I get a good score in uw..

should I follow this method for every subject ?

I am an img and I never had an experience with USMLE style qns..

Do u recommend doing qns from Lippincott QA book for some subjects mentioned above?

(this book contains qns and answers only)

...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)