May 16th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Exam-Results May 16th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread

Hi,

I have never posted before, but took Step 1 4/25/2012 and think I will get results Wed 5/16.

I am sooooo nervous waiting for the results I can't take it. Anyone else take the exam on 4/25 and waiting?

soo nervous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 05-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default test experience

I figured I could add a little bit about my test experience.

Overall the length of questions were what I expected. Most blocks I finished in time with a little time to look over 1-2 answers, but I am notoriously a slow test-taker.

There were 2 blocks of the seven that seemed significantly harder than the others. I was just trying to convince myself that those had more "experimental" questions.

On average it seemed that the easy questions were REALLY easy. I even found myself over-thinking them and wondering if I was missing something.

It was quite odd but it seemed that a ton of the questions on my exam were about a patient with shortness of breath, CHF, pulmonary edema, etc. TONS of shortness of breath, better than bioch or pharm for me though, so I am not necessarily complaining.

I also randomly had 3 hardy-weinberg genetics questions... seemed like a lot for such a small thing, lol.

Leaving the test, I had no idea how to feel. It was over... that was good, but then the wait began for scores. My goal was initially 245-250 but realistically now I just want to pass! lol.

Depending on my score, I can post my study plan/schedule. No sense posting it if it didn't work, eh?

Anyone else take their exam on April 25th and willing to discuss it. I am getting antsy for the scores and it would be great to talk about it with people in the same boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (05-17-2012), d_wiqed (05-11-2012), gayathri (05-15-2012), Hope2Pass (05-11-2012), one_destiny (05-12-2012)
  #3  
Old 05-12-2012
beka-CTS's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 763
Threads: 77
Thanked 1,370 Times in 349 Posts
Reputation: 1380
Smile

All the best Guys !!!! Gl
__________________
Step 1 - 244 [✔] Step 2 CK - 246 [✔] Step 2 CS [✔] Step 3 - 228 [✔] Match [EMORY SOM] YOG: 2013, 4 Months of USCE University Hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-14-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 05-12-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 460 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 470
Default best of luck

dont worry....

everything is gonna be fine......

all the best ......!!!
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-14-2012)
  #5  
Old 05-12-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
I figured I could add a little bit about my test experience.

Overall the length of questions were what I expected. Most blocks I finished in time with a little time to look over 1-2 answers, but I am notoriously a slow test-taker.

There were 2 blocks of the seven that seemed significantly harder than the others. I was just trying to convince myself that those had more "experimental" questions.

On average it seemed that the easy questions were REALLY easy. I even found myself over-thinking them and wondering if I was missing something.

It was quite odd but it seemed that a ton of the questions on my exam were about a patient with shortness of breath, CHF, pulmonary edema, etc. TONS of shortness of breath, better than bioch or pharm for me though, so I am not necessarily complaining.

I also randomly had 3 hardy-weinberg genetics questions... seemed like a lot for such a small thing, lol.

Leaving the test, I had no idea how to feel. It was over... that was good, but then the wait began for scores. My goal was initially 245-250 but realistically now I just want to pass! lol.

Depending on my score, I can post my study plan/schedule. No sense posting it if it didn't work, eh?

Anyone else take their exam on April 25th and willing to discuss it. I am getting antsy for the scores and it would be great to talk about it with people in the same boat.
Dont worry,
You gonna rock..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-14-2012)
  #6  
Old 05-12-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Thanks for the encouraging words. Theoretically 4 more days till scores...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-14-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Oh my!!! My link to print my testing permit has disappeared. I assume, based on reading the forums, the next thing to appear is to print the score report!!!!

So close! So nervous!

Does anyone know how long from when the print permit link disappears to when we get scores?

thanks in advance.

oh i really want to do well!:sorry: (or at least pass)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default gulp

took mine may 1- what are the chances of getting my score tomorrow?


I checked and it still says print permit so I think i wont... guess im still going to be blissfully ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-15-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by margie View Post
took mine may 1- what are the chances of getting my score tomorrow?


I checked and it still says print permit so I think i wont... guess im still going to be blissfully ignorant.

From everything I read on the forums it seems that it has to be at least 18 days, and then it is the first Wednesday after 18 days. (usually 3-4 weeks).

It also seems that the print permit definitely disappears the week you are going to get your results... so i assume i am getting mine tomorrow!!! :sorry:

good luck to you and only 1 more week until your results! oh man, i am so stinkin nervous i can't even sleep at night anymore. 1 more day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

gave my exam on 26th april...really nervous, dis is it..time has come to face the challenge.....lord:sorry: give me strength, to face any kind of situation....and best of luck guys...hope for the best...we will all rock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva View Post
gave my exam on 26th april...really nervous, dis is it..time has come to face the challenge.....lord:sorry: give me strength, to face any kind of situation....and best of luck guys...hope for the best...we will all rock
Good luck! The countdown begins. 1-2 more hours! :sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 160
Threads: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Reputation: 57
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva View Post
gave my exam on 26th april...really nervous, dis is it..time has come to face the challenge.....lord:sorry: give me strength, to face any kind of situation....and best of luck guys...hope for the best...we will all rock
yes,you will rock..GL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Arrow

Does anyone have anything yet?

Or know what time EST we get scores? Thanks and good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 179
Threads: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 59 Posts
Default I passed step 1 exam!!

I took my exam on April 24th and I've just got an email with my step 1 results... I PASSED! Soooo relieved.. Now time to party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-16-2012), K06100 (05-16-2012)
  #15  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdoc1 View Post
I took my exam on April 24th and I've just got an email with my step 1 results... I PASSED! Soooo relieved.. Now time to party!


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! ENJOY AND CELEBRATE!

I took mine the 25th and still no scores for me... :sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
stepdoc1 (05-16-2012)



  #16  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default Still nothing

Hey everyone,

still nothing.. I should definitely get mine today, just wondering if there is some sort of delay.

I hope I get my score soon. this stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
Hey everyone,

still nothing.. I should definitely get mine today, just wondering if there is some sort of delay.

I hope I get my score soon. this stinks.


lol, in my nervousness and paranoia, I called NBME customer service. They said I will be getting an email at 10:30 (now) and scores at 11 EST. Sooo close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 05-16-2012
beka-CTS's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 763
Threads: 77
Thanked 1,370 Times in 349 Posts
Reputation: 1380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
lol, in my nervousness and paranoia, I called NBME customer service. They said I will be getting an email at 10:30 (now) and scores at 11 EST. Sooo close.
i'm getting nervous about you too report here asap as you get the score
Good luck
__________________
Step 1 - 244 [✔] Step 2 CK - 246 [✔] Step 2 CS [✔] Step 3 - 228 [✔] Match [EMORY SOM] YOG: 2013, 4 Months of USCE University Hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-16-2012)
  #19  
Old 05-16-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 460 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 470
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
lol, in my nervousness and paranoia, I called NBME customer service. They said I will be getting an email at 10:30 (now) and scores at 11 EST. Sooo close.
best of luck dude.......:sorry::sorry::sorry:
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-16-2012)
  #20  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beka-CTS View Post
i'm getting nervous about you too report here asap as you get the score
Good luck

WILL DO. soon enough. Unfortunately it is EST for the reporting, so still have 1-1 1/2 more hours. ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
best of luck dude.......:sorry::sorry::sorry:

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (05-16-2012)
  #22  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 127
Threads: 8
Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Best of Luck guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default Passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
lol, in my nervousness and paranoia, I called NBME customer service. They said I will be getting an email at 10:30 (now) and scores at 11 EST. Sooo close.

Hi Everyone,

thanks for all of your support. I just got my score and I passed. However, I am very disappointed in my score and would rather not share it. Thanks for your understanding. Now to go bury my dreams of becoming a surgeon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DefeatTheBeast (05-16-2012)
  #24  
Old 05-16-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 460 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 470
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
Hi Everyone,

thanks for all of your support. I just got my score and I passed. However, I am very disappointed in my score and would rather not share it. Thanks for your understanding. Now to go bury my dreams of becoming a surgeon.
first of all , congrats that u passed.......

this is not the end...still u have steps left...try to do better on them..

also scores are not everything...there r many other factors that determine ur chances of getting residency.....

don't worry....pray to God and Thank him for what he gave u.....

best of luck on future steps......!!!!
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-16-2012)
  #25  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 1
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
first of all , congrats that u passed.......

this is not the end...still u have steps left...try to do better on them..

also scores are not everything...there r many other factors that determine ur chances of getting residency.....

don't worry....pray to God and Thank him for what he gave u.....

best of luck on future steps......!!!!

I appreciate your encouraging words. I absolutely will HAVE to do much much much better on them. I am thankful that I passed, but am still pretty shocked and disappointed. I hope it will all work out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 05-16-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 460 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
I appreciate your encouraging words. I absolutely will HAVE to do much much much better on them. I am thankful that I passed, but am still pretty shocked and disappointed. I hope it will all work out....
dont worry ...now u can do nothing to change it......have faith in GOD..
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-17-2012)
  #27  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meebs View Post
Hi Everyone,

thanks for all of your support. I just got my score and I passed. However, I am very disappointed in my score and would rather not share it. Thanks for your understanding. Now to go bury my dreams of becoming a surgeon.
Sorry to hear you did not get the score you wanted....cant change the past though only look towards the future..im sure its still a solid score
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Meebs (05-17-2012)



Reply

Tags
Wednesday-Results-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
May 9th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread dr z USMLE Step 1 Forum 46 05-14-2012 04:45 PM
May 2nd, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread imthatoneguy86 USMLE Step 1 Forum 47 05-14-2012 12:59 PM
May 2nd, 2012; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread shona7 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 16 05-04-2012 07:21 PM
March 7th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread step_enhancer USMLE Step 1 Forum 41 03-08-2012 04:57 AM
November 16th, 2011; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread jerryjr36 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 8 11-16-2011 11:59 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)