My PLAN TOWARDS USMLE STEP 1 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Planning My PLAN TOWARDS USMLE STEP 1

Hello,

I just started my step 1 preparation. I plan to use the following resources

1. Kaplan videos and Kaplan lecture notes
2. First Aid (2012 edition)
3. Rapid review pathology (3rd edition Goljan.)
4. BRS Physiology
5. Doctors In Training video (DIT)
6. BRS Behavioral sciences
7. Q banks (UWorld and Kaplan Qbank)

Folks, please comment if this plan is okay. Anything to add or remove please? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (06-27-2012), billy (09-06-2012), sujsar99 (05-17-2012), Zehra. (06-24-2012)



  #2  
Old 05-16-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default Best Plan

this is the best plan.......just stick to it completely.....and don't leave anything.......give repetitions to the material and success will be urs......best of luck
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drdhruv (01-09-2013), Jondez (05-16-2012), Zehra. (06-24-2012)
  #3  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
this is the best plan.......just stick to it completely.....and don't leave anything.......give repetitions to the material and success will be urs......best of luck
Please, like how many times do you suggest for those materials specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

personally i don't think BRS Physio n BS are that important but each to their own. i would use that time to do more qbanks instead. As far as number of readings, 3 really good n 2 fast reviews i would recommend. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (09-17-2012), billy (09-06-2012), drdhruv (01-09-2013), drYR (07-17-2012), Jondez (05-16-2012), Zehra. (06-24-2012)
  #5  
Old 05-16-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Please, like how many times do you suggest for those materials specifically.
at least 2 times cover to cover deep readings........ least is 2 ...maximum can be any number that u can...
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drYR (07-17-2012), Jondez (05-16-2012), sujsar99 (05-17-2012)
  #6  
Old 05-16-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 292 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
personally i don't think BRS Physio n BS are that important but each to their own. i would use that time to do more qbanks instead. As far as number of readings, 3 really good n 2 fast reviews i would recommend. Good Luck
Agree completely with kdm0101.
Plus how many reads you require depends on
1. When you intend to give your exam
2. Whether you are currently a student/fresh graduate or an old graduate. In the latter case you'll need more revision.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Jondez (05-16-2012), kdm0101 (05-16-2012)
  #7  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default In need of kaplan video and dit

Hi,

Could someone help me with kaplan video or DIT please. Any version from 2010 will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, please comment. Is it better to listen to Kaplan Video along with the notes before reading Rapid Review Pathology by Goljan or read Rapid Review Pathology before Kaplan video and notes or it doesn't matter the sequence. Please comments welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

i can send you the links. just email me on mahajankapil@hotmail.com. you need to have fast internet n will take 1 day for DIT 2011 unless u wanna buy a paid account with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi,

Could someone help me with kaplan video or DIT please. Any version from 2010 will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, please comment. Is it better to listen to Kaplan Video along with the notes before reading Rapid Review Pathology by Goljan or read Rapid Review Pathology before Kaplan video and notes or it doesn't matter the sequence. Please comments welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Mahsa (07-09-2012), sami trailer (06-22-2012)
  #9  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

also i wouldnt suggest to waste time on Path videos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi,

Could someone help me with kaplan video or DIT please. Any version from 2010 will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, please comment. Is it better to listen to Kaplan Video along with the notes before reading Rapid Review Pathology by Goljan or read Rapid Review Pathology before Kaplan video and notes or it doesn't matter the sequence. Please comments welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-16-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
also i wouldnt suggest to waste time on Path videos
Do you mean I should spend less time on pathology video. Please clarify. I sent you an email for the Video link. Thanks a million times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-17-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 292 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Do you mean I should spend less time on pathology video. Please clarify. I sent you an email for the Video link. Thanks a million times.
Don't spend time on Kaplan path videos, just do it from Goljan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Jondez (05-17-2012), Mahsa (07-09-2012)
  #12  
Old 05-17-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hi,

Am also starting the prep with almost the same materials that u hav mentioned in your post but am confused wether to start with individual subjects or system wise as mentioned in FA, pl help thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 05-17-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

First reading should be subject wise just like in the medical school
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujsar99 View Post
Hi,

Am also starting the prep with almost the same materials that u hav mentioned in your post but am confused wether to start with individual subjects or system wise as mentioned in FA, pl help thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 05-17-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
First reading should be subject wise just like in the medical school
Honestly, I go by the advise of some experienced veterans in this forum. Right now I am doing it subject wise. May be we can encourage each other and cross fertilize ideas as we progress in our preparation. I hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kdm0101 (05-18-2012), sujsar99 (05-17-2012)
  #15  
Old 05-18-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default 2012 kaplan note pdf or paper cover which one is better

Hi,

I want to buy 2012 kaplan lecture notes for my step 1 preparation. Is there any difference between the PDF form and Paper cover (the book) form of the Kaplan lecture notes. Any difference in material content. Also, How do I know the year of the PDF form. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 05-18-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 292 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi,

I want to buy 2012 kaplan lecture notes for my step 1 preparation. Is there any difference between the PDF form and Paper cover (the book) form of the Kaplan lecture notes. Any difference in material content. Also, How do I know the year of the PDF form. Thank you in advance
Can't answer your query on content but the paper cover is better in that you can annotate and refer to it more easily, unless your kindle is inseparable from you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 05-18-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default What is Cheapest source of buying 2012 KLN notes Paper cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
Can't answer your query on content but the paper cover is better in that you can annotate and refer to it more easily, unless your kindle is inseparable from you
Hello friends,

Please does anyone know where I can buy the complete 2012 kaplan notes (Paper Cover) at affordable price. Please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 06-09-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default Need motivation

Hi Everyone, It is taking me too long a time to do first reading of Goljan Rapid review pathology. I do the questions in Robin pathology simultaneously. In about a month, I have just read half of the test book. Does this feeling apply just to me or did anyone else feel it. Is there anything I should do differently? Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 06-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 106
Threads: 10
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default

HI dr Jondez,
even i am doing Goljan and its really too much for patho, best way to do is try and understand thats it and move on don't try to cram it. and just after finishing goljan do its audio with transcript this would help you to consolidate the matter,
mind it goljan is like an ocean if put in too much time u would forget what u read in the beginning.
hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Jondez (06-14-2012)
  #20  
Old 06-22-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default Kaplan prep for $3400.00 Does it worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi,

I want to buy 2012 kaplan lecture notes for my step 1 preparation. Is there any difference between the PDF form and Paper cover (the book) form of the Kaplan lecture notes. Any difference in material content. Also, How do I know the year of the PDF form. Thank you in advance
Folks,

Do I really need to spend $3400.00 for Kaplan step 1 live prep. I can buy the 2012 kaplan lecture notes from Amazon for $400. I currently have the 2007 kaplan video and with the 2007 kaplan lecture notes PDF.

If the 2012 kaplan video if absolutely different from the 2007, I don't mind buying. But if almost similar or close, I can buy 2012 kln notes from amazon and same money. My basic science foundation is not really solid. Please kindly advise me. Thanks a million in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 06-22-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 292 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 302
Save It!

I personally found the 2007 version of videos better than the 2011 version esp Physio & Pharm (Conrad Fischer is pathetic in physio, frankly I couldn't bear to sit through his poetry).
However, the text is slightly different between the two years, as in, the focus is on different topics in the later textbooks.
I would suggest go with the old videos & the new books.
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 06-22-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 51
Threads: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Arrow

Hello doctor
kindly I need the link for dit if possible
I will send you email

appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 06-23-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
I personally found the 2007 version of videos better than the 2011 version esp Physio & Pharm (Conrad Fischer is pathetic in physio, frankly I couldn't bear to sit through his poetry).
However, the text is slightly different between the two years, as in, the focus is on different topics in the later textbooks.
I would suggest go with the old videos & the new books.
Thank you for your advice. Do you know if the 2007 video correlates well with the 2012 kaplan notes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 06-23-2012
drssbaz's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 495
Threads: 28
Thanked 292 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 302
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Thank you for your advice. Do you know if the 2007 video correlates well with the 2012 kaplan notes.
It correlates well with the 2011 notes but I haven't seen the 2012 notes. I have 2011. From what I hear on the forum, there isn't much difference b/w 2011 & 2012 notes though. So I guess you should be good to go.
__________________
"The whole universe is in a continuous flux... What it will be like tomorrow neither I nor anyone else can say. Only tomorrow will bring the revelation".-Osho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 06-24-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drssbaz View Post
It correlates well with the 2011 notes but I haven't seen the 2012 notes. I have 2011. From what I hear on the forum, there isn't much difference b/w 2011 & 2012 notes though. So I guess you should be good to go.
Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 06-25-2012
nandish_m's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 117
Threads: 5
Thanked 59 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi Everyone, It is taking me too long a time to do first reading of Goljan Rapid review pathology. I do the questions in Robin pathology simultaneously. In about a month, I have just read half of the test book. Does this feeling apply just to me or did anyone else feel it. Is there anything I should do differently? Please advise.
even i have taken 25 days doin patho.. n see myself nowhere.
anyone has any better idea how to finish goljan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 06-26-2012
samba's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 31
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

@kdm0101 !! could u plz semd me the link of DIT videos .
thnx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 06-26-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samba View Post
@kdm0101 !! could u plz semd me the link of DIT videos .
thnx
Dr. Samba, a doctor gave me his external hard drive which contains DIT 2009 version. I did not get it via any link. However, someone emailed me a link to DIT sometime but I was unsuccessful in downloading it. The site had been blocked for violation of copyright law. Ask around in this forum, I am pretty sure someone might have the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
samba (06-27-2012)
  #29  
Old 06-26-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 43
Thanked 183 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 193
Send a message via Skype™ to drdhruv
Help Step 1 by the year end!

nice plan!
well, Even I would like to share my plan .. if anyone finds some mistake or something to be edited please help me by giving your useful advice..

1. Medical genetics+histo+embryo (Kap+FA, 1week) Q&A (1day)

2. Anatomy & Neurosciences (Kap, FA-2week) Q&A(1 day)

3. Molec, Cell bio, Biochem (Kap, FA, 10days) Q&A (1 day)

4. Break (1 week) or may be start BS ( i love this topic) [10days] Q&As (1day)

5. Micro & Immuno (Kap, FA 2 weeks) Q&A (1 days) [this is gonna be the hardest for me as I feel its so boring]

6. Physio (Kap, FA 2weeks) Q&A (1day)

7. Patho (Goljan, FA 10 days) Q&A (1 day)

8. Pharmac (Kap, FA 10 days) Q&A (2days)

9. Take some mock test (Qbank/ NBME ...something like that)

then after a break start with organ system and take test every week (hopefully 3 times at least twice)

I know I havent written about the number of hours, actually because its really difficult for me to give a sitting with a plan. Just like to have a target and then try to achieve it. Hope I can really follow this.

I have limited resources as I am in the east (CHINA) where its very difficult to get some material to study. So, lets see...!
May be, If I can get some access to BRS/DIT/ I will try after I am done with this plan. but seriously speaking, its difficult to get them here!

PS- I am not able to start a new thread on the forum. can anyone help me find out why? Ist it because of my location??
__________________
Arise! Awake! And stop not, Till the goal is reached!! SV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mhass24 (06-27-2012)
  #30  
Old 06-26-2012
Alisom's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 11
Threads: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdhruv View Post
nice plan!
well, Even I would like to share my plan .. if anyone finds some mistake or something to be edited please help me by giving your useful advice..

1. Medical genetics+histo+embryo (Kap+FA, 1week) Q&A (1day)

2. Anatomy & Neurosciences (Kap, FA-2week) Q&A(1 day)

3. Molec, Cell bio, Biochem (Kap, FA, 10days) Q&A (1 day)

4. Break (1 week) or may be start BS ( i love this topic) [10days] Q&As (1day)

5. Micro & Immuno (Kap, FA 2 weeks) Q&A (1 days) [this is gonna be the hardest for me as I feel its so boring]

6. Physio (Kap, FA 2weeks) Q&A (1day)

7. Patho (Goljan, FA 10 days) Q&A (1 day)

8. Pharmac (Kap, FA 10 days) Q&A (2days)

9. Take some mock test (Qbank/ NBME ...something like that)

then after a break start with organ system and take test every week (hopefully 3 times at least twice)

I know I havent written about the number of hours, actually because its really difficult for me to give a sitting with a plan. Just like to have a target and then try to achieve it. Hope I can really follow this.

I have limited resources as I am in the east (CHINA) where its very difficult to get some material to study. So, lets see...!
May be, If I can get some access to BRS/DIT/ I will try after I am done with this plan. but seriously speaking, its difficult to get them here!

PS- I am not able to start a new thread on the forum. can anyone help me find out why? Ist it because of my location??

Well it seems a nice plan to me, as long as you stick with it..


by the way, I also live in china especially in (Wuhan). may be we can help each other.. PM me if you need anything..and Good Luck with your preparation...
__________________
"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone"-RR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drdhruv (07-19-2012)
  #31  
Old 06-27-2012
samba's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 31
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Dr. Samba, a doctor gave me his external hard drive which contains DIT 2009 version. I did not get it via any link. However, someone emailed me a link to DIT sometime but I was unsuccessful in downloading it. The site had been blocked for violation of copyright law. Ask around in this forum, I am pretty sure someone might have the link.


@Jondez actually i have just read here and there DIT vid works alot in the preparation. COuld u plz give me some info about this?? plz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 06-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samba View Post
@Jondez actually i have just read here and there DIT vid works alot in the preparation. COuld u plz give me some info about this?? plz
email me at pjondez@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 06-28-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 43
Thanked 183 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 193
Send a message via Skype™ to drdhruv
Default Prep progress!

Started on June 27th, I have finished GENETICS today...
__________________
Arise! Awake! And stop not, Till the goal is reached!! SV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 06-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hi

hi..im mohamed doctor 29from egypt but i moved to usa texas from 2 weeks and hope to make usmle tests so need help ..i need how and from which books i can start..plz help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 07-07-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default Missed NBME Questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrashea View Post
hi..im mohamed doctor 29from egypt but i moved to usa texas from 2 weeks and hope to make usmle tests so need help ..i need how and from which books i can start..plz help
Hi Folks,

I did NBME 7 online comprehensive feedback. I could not see the questions I missed. Does anyone know how I could access the questions marked wrong. Your response will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
i can send you the links. just email me on mahajankapil@hotmail.com. you need to have fast internet n will take 1 day for DIT 2011 unless u wanna buy a paid account with them

Hello, would you please send me the links as well? thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 43
Thanked 183 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 193
Send a message via Skype™ to drdhruv
Default

Finished with Embryo, Histo, Cell bio and Anatomy.
OMG!! its getting difficult... I am lagging back.. Anyone can suggest me to speedup my prep?
__________________
Arise! Awake! And stop not, Till the goal is reached!! SV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 07-19-2012
doc.aisha's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 20
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to doc.aisha
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdhruv View Post
Started on June 27th, I have finished GENETICS today...
please guide about some good study source for genetics...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 43
Thanked 183 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 193
Send a message via Skype™ to drdhruv
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.aisha View Post
please guide about some good study source for genetics...thanks
According to my experience,I think the best way is to first watch the Kap video and then read the FA and HY. That's enough. If you are already good at it, then directly go for HY and FA.

HY and FA are a MUST!
__________________
Arise! Awake! And stop not, Till the goal is reached!! SV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 07-20-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 109
Threads: 29
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

dear ur plan is awosme, i just want to ask u that u have planned of how many months abt ur step with this plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 07-20-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 43
Thanked 183 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 193
Send a message via Skype™ to drdhruv
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi,

I want to buy 2012 kaplan lecture notes for my step 1 preparation. Is there any difference between the PDF form and Paper cover (the book) form of the Kaplan lecture notes. Any difference in material content. Also, How do I know the year of the PDF form. Thank you in advance
they are same
__________________
Arise! Awake! And stop not, Till the goal is reached!! SV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 55
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

HI , Please please I need Goljan pathology rapid review book and UW and Kaplan Q urgent , please send it to my email dr_azeezah2012@yahoo.com , thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 09-06-2012
chux's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 110
Threads: 4
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 42
Send a message via AIM to chux
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzan aa View Post
HI , Please please I need Goljan pathology rapid review book and UW and Kaplan Q urgent , please send it to my email dr_azeezah2012@yahoo.com , thank you

no one can send you those stuffs,they are not available/transferable.
stop flooding the forum with your requests
__________________
focus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 09-06-2012
hoor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 141
Threads: 16
Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 61
Send a message via Skype™ to hoor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chux View Post
no one can send you those stuffs,they are not available/transferable.
stop flooding the forum with your requests
lol!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

email me at mahajankapil@hotmail.com will send the link for UW n Kaplan QBank.don't worry
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzan aa View Post
HI , Please please I need Goljan pathology rapid review book and UW and Kaplan Q urgent , please send it to my email dr_azeezah2012@yahoo.com , thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
email me at mahajankapil@hotmail.com will send the link for UW n Kaplan QBank.don't worry
Please can you send it to me at pjondez@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

plz don't provide me with your email id's. i have given mine and if you want those, plz email me and make it less work for me as i am close to my test. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 39
Threads: 10
Thanked 46 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

It blows my mind that people make it to medical school, and yet don't know how to do a simple google search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kdm0101 (09-06-2012)
  #49  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 273 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 283
Default

absolutely true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by checcles View Post
It blows my mind that people make it to medical school, and yet don't know how to do a simple google search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checcles View Post
It blows my mind that people make it to medical school, and yet don't know how to do a simple google search.
Be mindful of the terms and conditions of this website. We should show mutual respect. Physicians and medical students have mutual respect for one another. We are here to offer help to one another and not to show off or talk down on anyone. If you cannot help in any situation in this forum, just keep mute. Many physicians in this forum graduated when computer wasn't a household thing. Every member of this forum signed up because he/she needs help. We are here to support and not to kill dreams. If he/she does not know how to do google search, show him and be his hero. It is my belief that your statement is offensive to whoever you directed it to and that person deserves an apology from you. Good luck in your exam preparation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 09-17-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Be mindful of the terms and conditions of this website. We should show mutual respect. Physicians and medical students have mutual respect for one another. We are here to offer help to one another and not to show off or talk down on anyone. If you cannot help in any situation in this forum, just keep mute. Many physicians in this forum graduated when computer wasn't a household thing. Every member of this forum signed up because he/she needs help. We are here to support and not to kill dreams. If he/she does not know how to do google search, show him and be his hero. It is my belief that your statement is offensive to whoever you directed it to and that person deserves an apology from you. Good luck in your exam preparation.
Hello,
Please can someone help me with the answer key to offline NBME 4-7, 12-13. Thank you. My email is pjondez@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 09-17-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hello,
Please can someone help me with the answer key to offline NBME 4-7, 12-13. Thank you. My email is pjondez@yahoo.com
All answers can be found with google....just google nbme 4 block 1 q 1 to 50, etc and the answers will show up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #53  
Old 09-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 55
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hi, How can I do google search for books like pathology rapid review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #54  
Old 07-29-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default Help with Pathoma Videos

Hi Folks, does anyone know how I can get free pathoma downloads. Pathology is killing me. My foundation in pathology is week. Any help please. Private email is pjondez@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 07-29-2013
dr.inspiration's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 62
Threads: 18
Thanked 20 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondez View Post
Hi Folks, does anyone know how I can get free pathoma downloads. Pathology is killing me. My foundation in pathology is week. Any help please. Private email is pjondez@yahoo.com

They are available on torrentz....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #56  
Old 07-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 46
Threads: 4
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default FA

Choose FA 2013 edition , i have read 2012 , it has lots of problems
Good luck dr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Study-Plans

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLE Step 1 Preparation Books and Plan StepTaker USMLE Step 1 Recommended Threads 101 14 Hours Ago 10:48 AM
Best Plan for USMLE Step 1 Preparation soconfused USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 11-05-2012 05:55 PM
Help with usmle step 1 study schedule and plan! OldFmgMom USMLE Step 1 Forum 12 05-17-2012 02:20 PM
Best plan to study USMLE Step 1 ahmedsasaa USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 04-21-2011 09:17 AM
This is my third year med school USMLE Step 1 Prep Plan harpreet virk USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 03-13-2011 04:44 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)