Pathoma videos - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Help Pathoma videos

Hey,

I was wondering if someone could PM or e-mail (mike.rocking@hotmail.com) me links to the Pathoma videos? I've been looking for quite a while! I'd really appreciate your help.

Best wishes,

Mike

Last edited by mikerocking; 06-15-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

There are no links. Pay for them, 100 dollars for a great resource.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (06-15-2012)
  #3  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

I appreciate they're a great resource and reasonably priced compared to other similar products. I'm also aware that there are links floating around; I'm just hoping someone would be kind enough to PM or e-mail them to me?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Never understood how people can pay thousands upon thousands upon exam fees yet be complete cheap asses when it comes to paying for study materials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DRIBO (06-16-2012)
  #5  
Old 06-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefeatTheBeast View Post
Never understood how people can pay thousands upon thousands upon exam fees yet be complete cheap asses when it comes to paying for study materials.
I feel ya man but don't be so hard on mike lol Everyone's got their own situation...I'm don't have any direct links man but why don't you just try googling something like this - http://www.google.ca/search?sugexp=c...w=1517&bih=756
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
I feel ya man but don't be so hard on mike lol Everyone's got their own situation...I'm don't have any direct links man but why don't you just try googling something like this - http://www.google.ca/search?sugexp=c...w=1517&bih=756
I know that...but still tell me how you can spend THOUSANDS upon exam fees yet can't shell out a measly 100 dollars for a great source....I've heard dr sattar said no to getting his videos distributed by Kaplan because it would hike up the prices of the materials...Sorry dude this isn't like Kaplan were they are asking you to she'll out an arm and a leg for materials....it's the reason ppl hike up their prices like crazy and us who actuall pay for stuff get shafted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-15-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,600 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefeatTheBeast View Post
I know that...but still tell me how you can spend THOUSANDS upon exam fees yet can't shell out a measly 100 dollars for a great source....I've heard dr sattar said no to getting his videos distributed by Kaplan because it would hike up the prices of the materials...Sorry dude this isn't like Kaplan were they are asking you to she'll out an arm and a leg for materials....it's the reason ppl hike up their prices like crazy and us who actuall pay for stuff get shafted
Yeah I totally agree with you. Just because Kaplan materials have the name of "kaplan" behind them, their prices are exaggerated liked crazy. AND they take out books/materials every year and add a few pages and mark up the prices!

"Oh come buy our 2011 book because it has 10 extra pages of info that we forgot to put into our 2010. It has some extra pictures that you can find on google and we added some color. Its just $5000! Buy now and save 10%" lol... Its all a business!

In the end though, if it helps you pass your step 1, its worth it. Once you're a doctor you can make up that money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DefeatTheBeast (06-15-2012)
  #8  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2Pass View Post
Yeah I totally agree with you. Just because Kaplan materials have the name of "kaplan" behind them, their prices are exaggerated liked crazy. AND they take out books/materials every year and add a few pages and mark up the prices!

"Oh come buy our 2011 book because it has 10 extra pages of info that we forgot to put into our 2010. It has some extra pictures that you can find on google and we added some color. Its just $5000! Buy now and save 10%" lol... Its all a business!

In the end though, if it helps you pass your step 1, its worth it. Once you're a doctor you can make up that money
Yea bro exactly, kaplan has the usmle market by the balls...thats why it was refreshing as hell to see something for step 1 that was affordable AND reliable. I kind of went off on dude lol but sometimes I think we are our own worst enemies...people have been buying pathoma like crazy since last year, he coulda hiked the prices if he wanted to already but its still affordable for people without having to sell off an arm and leg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefeatTheBeast View Post
I know that...but still tell me how you can spend THOUSANDS upon exam fees yet can't shell out a measly 100 dollars for a great source....I've heard dr sattar said no to getting his videos distributed by Kaplan because it would hike up the prices of the materials...Sorry dude this isn't like Kaplan were they are asking you to she'll out an arm and a leg for materials....it's the reason ppl hike up their prices like crazy and us who actuall pay for stuff get shafted
It's because exam fees are so expensive that saving that extra $100 here or there is such a big deal. I appreciate your point and in an ideal world I'd agree with you, but unfortunately the way things are, if by posting a quick message on the internet I can make things at least a little easier for myself then that's what I'll do; even if it means upsetting one or two people (for which I am sorry and can only apologise).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drszee (04-23-2013)
  #10  
Old 06-26-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 106
Threads: 10
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default

hi everyone, did anyone find any link or source for pathoma. i am done with goljan but its an overkill. please if you find anything helpfull do let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 06-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 39
Threads: 10
Thanked 47 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 57
Default

^^^^ If anyone has them I'd love to just send them a flash drive with money to ship it back.

I have the 21-month subscription to Pathoma and love it. I just wish I could watch the videos at night on my iPad. Thats the reason I want the files.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 07-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pathoma-Vide...item4ab94e2ff2

Read the last line in the description. It's hillarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-01-2012
imgchuchu's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 218
Threads: 4
Thanked 74 Times in 55 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivated View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pathoma-Vide...item4ab94e2ff2

Read the last line in the description. It's hillarious!
lol..that post shld be red flagged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgchuchu View Post
lol..that post shld be red flagged
Lol i guess he visits this forum cuz thats the only line he removed. Some people are so shameless lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Pathoma-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pathoma medicineman1 USMLE Links & Free Ads 33 12-14-2016 03:21 AM
Goljan or Pathoma? Drbooda USMLE Step 1 Forum 84 08-10-2016 11:12 AM
pathoma... baby USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 05-23-2015 08:10 AM
Pathoma dr_nama USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 11-28-2014 08:02 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)