July 11th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread - Page 2 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Plzz reply

Do I have chance of IM wit 215??? Confused really..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #102  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 69
Threads: 8
Thanked 40 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoplasma View Post
congratulation guys , alll the best for all
but what , should we wait for an email or what ????
how we get our results???
Yes dear ... I recieved an email at 7 am tell me that my score is available online .... Log in oasis ,student report information and voila..... Pdf file with ur score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mycoplasma (07-11-2012)
  #103  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

yes you get an email. thank you guys, kind of you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #104  
Old 07-11-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

congratulations everyone!! im so happy and excited for you all
have fun guys!! party time for you people!

Dont forget to share your exam experience + study scheme with us!
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (07-11-2012), Dr. Mexito (08-21-2012)
  #105  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 15
Threads: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

got 253 by the grace of God
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #106  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

my OASIS account is saying: "You have met all of the requirements for ECFMG certification"--the sentence I have been working for for 4 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Doc4Step1 (07-11-2012)
  #107  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 37
Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

Congratulation to All guys and good luck in next step.

So, we are expecting to see a lot of exam experiences and study schem in next few day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (07-11-2012)
  #108  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

congrats to everyone that passed. I cannot say the same about myself. I've been going over and over my mind thinking what I could've done better and why What the hell are Nutrition questions? Seems I aced that one, and I don't even know which questions were those! I am just very dissapointed, and also a little shocked because I thought I hadn't done a bad job. anyways, does anybody know when I can retake Step 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #109  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

ingridb, I am sorry for you. this exam is so unbelievably unpredictable. yesterday I was setting up plans what to do in case I failed...a scenario I could easily imagine...
I think you can reapply very soon and as the application process should not take long (they already have everything from you), maybe you can retake it as early as August-September? I think the best is to retake it as early as possible. keep the faith!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ingridb84 (07-11-2012)
  #110  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 13
Default

has anyone who has gotten their score and passed or not gotten their score tried to apply for step 1 again through the nbme site? If so, is it letting you go through?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #111  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

thank you! I graduated from med school in 2005 and opththalmology in 2010. I am so incredibly sad because I truly felt I hadn't done poorly. I think retaking it on Sept-October is a good idea, can you guys give me any advice on books? I have Goljan, First Aid 2011 High Yield and Organ Systems. I did Kaplan Qbank, Should I take USMLE world? ALSO recommendations on microbiology-immunology and Cell Biology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #112  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricornjag View Post
has anyone who has gotten their score and passed or not gotten their score tried to apply for step 1 again through the nbme site? If so, is it letting you go through?
it's not letting me go through either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #113  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default got my score yuppy :)

got my score today 243(86) thanks usmle-forums for all your help thank you sooo much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (07-11-2012)
  #114  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 156
Threads: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
I ****IN DID IT!!!!!!

USMLE - suck my fat Russian ****!!!!



bangarang.
Hey doc...
whats score...?
and well...congrats....
__________________
I am not 'THE BEST', but I am not like 'THE REST'..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DocSikorski (07-11-2012)
  #115  
Old 07-11-2012
sachinkumar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 180
Threads: 41
Thanked 110 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 120
Send a message via Skype™ to sachinkumar
Default please please clear my doubt

i havent yet recieved my score while all my friends have got theirs. One of them took the exam with me only....till when shall i wait. i called up ecfmg and they said that it doesnt works this way and i may get the score next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #116  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 76
Threads: 12
Thanked 60 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default result

hey guys got 233...exactly what i got in nbme 13...i hope its a good 1 cause still confused.was expecting in 40s...but thanx to god almighty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #117  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridb84 View Post
it's not letting me go through either
Anyone else who passed or waiting on their scores allowed to go through the next step when trying to applying for Step 1 again on the NBME website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #118  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 12
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default Need some advice regarding my scores...

Hey, guys. I got a 216. How should i proceed? Need some honest, practical advice. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #119  
Old 07-11-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshulpandey7790 View Post
Hey, guys. I got a 216. How should i proceed? Need some honest, practical advice. Please help.
hey guess u r sachin's friend..am from NRS..its okay buddy..213 is my step score..gave it 3 months back..settled from the jolt..my seniors in college and friends in this forum helped me out and really gave the reality..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #120  
Old 07-11-2012
avash.nrs's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 440
Threads: 52
Thanked 258 Times in 153 Posts
Reputation: 268
Default

congrats everyone who have passed..coming back to this forum of step 1..felt some nostalgia..best of luck to my old friends d-wiqed and dr.nick..and congos docsikorski(yeah am the guy who had writer's cramp)..time to party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (07-11-2012), Dr.NickRiviera (07-11-2012), Renaissance (07-12-2012)
  #121  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 64
Threads: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Result

if u wrote your exam on 28 june when will you receive your score.please help.i am from india.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #122  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default june 28

I have also taken my exam on june 28th, can i expect my score today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #123  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 156
Threads: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 56
Post

yeeeahh...juss remembered abt dr.nick...
dr.nick, where are you...
and how was the score...
we are seriously and anxiously waiting for such a nice and wonderful post..
__________________
I am not 'THE BEST', but I am not like 'THE REST'..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.NickRiviera (07-11-2012)
  #124  
Old 07-11-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 873 Times in 506 Posts
Reputation: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_destiny View Post
yeeeahh...juss remembered abt dr.nick...
dr.nick, where are you...
and how was the score...
we are seriously and anxiously waiting for such a nice and wonderful post..
that guy is probably sleeping and will be going through his mail in the lineary order.
Iron nerves. Iron balls.
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.NickRiviera (07-11-2012)
  #125  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 452
Threads: 11
Thanked 354 Times in 197 Posts
Reputation: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
I ****IN DID IT!!!!!!

USMLE - suck my fat Russian ****!!!!



bangarang.
hahahahahha epic post.

congrats again everyone!!

edit: share your experiences if you haven't already for the greater good of the forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DocSikorski (07-11-2012)



  #126  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 156
Threads: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

haha..true..
bt its good 2 see u dr,sikorski...
zdorovo.....:-)
__________________
I am not 'THE BEST', but I am not like 'THE REST'..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DocSikorski (07-11-2012)
  #127  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,406
Threads: 118
Thanked 642 Times in 407 Posts
Reputation: 652
Default

man, the results came in so early, like 9am ET
i was fast asleep in bed lol
i ignored 18 calls from my mom to continue my sleep but then she called the guy who lives in our basement and told him to ring my doorbell to wake me up "-_-
so i got up at like 11 lol
finally got around to checking it

scored 226/82, aka "97" on the old scale (for relatives and such lol).

i was aiming for 225, so im satisfied.

starting rotations in NY next week, will have to start my step2 study alongside so i'll see you guys in the step2 forums.

i'll post my full exam prep in a couple of hours, in the middle of a movie right now lol

thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.
we done guys, cheers.
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar (07-11-2012), d_wiqed (07-11-2012), DocSikorski (07-11-2012), numbndumb (07-11-2012), one_destiny (07-11-2012), Renaissance (07-12-2012)
  #128  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 851
Threads: 88
Thanked 706 Times in 379 Posts
Reputation: 716
Default

Congrats everyone.best wishes for future steps .hope to see u guys in step 2 forum. Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
d_wiqed (07-11-2012)
  #129  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 13
Default Got 228/83

Not sure what that means, 83 sounds not very impressive. Can anybody give an honest evaluation? Appreciate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #130  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 156
Threads: 4
Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.NickRiviera View Post
man, the results came in so early, like 9am ET
i was fast asleep in bed lol
i ignored 18 calls from my mom to continue my sleep but then she called the guy who lives in our basement and told him to ring my doorbell to wake me up "-_-
so i got up at like 11 lol
finally got around to checking it

scored 226/82, aka "97" on the old scale (for relatives and such lol).

i was aiming for 225, so im satisfied.

starting rotations in NY next week, will have to start my step2 study alongside so i'll see you guys in the step2 forums.

i'll post my full exam prep in a couple of hours, in the middle of a movie right now lol

thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.
we done guys, cheers.
Dr.Nick, what wud b 231 on old scale? coz thats what my wife got..and shes been crying since morning thinking abt residency in internal med...
I would die for that score...

congrats fr the great score nick, u aced it...:-)
__________________
I am not 'THE BEST', but I am not like 'THE REST'..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #131  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,406
Threads: 118
Thanked 642 Times in 407 Posts
Reputation: 652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_destiny View Post
Dr.Nick, what wud b 231 on old scale? coz thats what my wife got..and shes been crying since morning thinking abt residency in internal med...
I would die for that score...

congrats fr the great score nick, u aced it...:-)

229+ = 99 on old scale
she got a 99
__________________
"inflammable means flammable!? What a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
one_destiny (07-11-2012)
  #132  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 64
Threads: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Need help

I f you wrote your exam on 28 june when will you receive your score.Please help.I beg you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #133  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 99
Threads: 8
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabarishg View Post
I f you wrote your exam on 28 june when will you receive your score.Please help.I beg you.
next week I guess. I too gave it on 28th......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #134  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hi

I got my results today

I'm an IMG and I got a 216/80

can someone tell me what is that on the old scale ? i'm confused

thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #135  
Old 07-11-2012
d_wiqed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 861
Threads: 19
Thanked 887 Times in 432 Posts
Reputation: 904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone154 View Post
Hi

I got my results today

I'm an IMG and I got a 216/80

can someone tell me what is that on the old scale ? i'm confused

thank u
In the old scale, 90 = 214 and 99 = 228.

216 is most likely around 91-92 back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #136  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.NickRiviera View Post
229+ = 99 on old scale
she got a 99
99 started higher, dont know where though. I think 231 is perfect for IM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #137  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Results today

Quote:
Originally Posted by the white eagle View Post
i believe that there are many people waiting for this date :d
i though of making this thread to share experiences, congratulate each others for good scores and support friends who weren't lucky this time.

Guess what i took the exam on may 15th, i didn't think that they will pend me all this time, but they unfortunately did....i guess i am the longest waiter here :d

good luck for everyone
has anyone been able to access the server for results, it appears to have been frozen and not working since this morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #138  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Server busy

Is anyone experiencing this, I still cant access my score, any hints???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #139  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 258
Threads: 118
Thanked 291 Times in 115 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

I got 243 is that good for someone interested in radiology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #140  
Old 07-11-2012
Hope2Pass's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,684
Threads: 213
Thanked 1,590 Times in 660 Posts
Reputation: 1600
Default

Good job everyone! Congrats to everyone who passed!

I didn't get my score today, still gotta wait for another week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #141  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 64
Threads: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Help

Does any body who wrote exam on 28 june had received their score.When can we expect the score.Please help by posting your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #142  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 196
Threads: 9
Thanked 97 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

Looks like most of you got the scores you wanted...congrats guys

Sent from my Desire HD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #143  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 720
Threads: 217
Thanked 551 Times in 308 Posts
Reputation: 561
Default

Got My Score 216.
A am IMG old graduate..
Is there any hope for me...
I have completed pediatric MD from India..
How can I get residency in Pediatric in US..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #144  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 44
Threads: 2
Thanked 34 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 44
Default

253/88 ... mA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #145  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 64
Threads: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Result

Does any one who wrote exam on or after 28 june received their score.Ecfmg mentioned the target date of score reporting from mid may to late june is 11 july that is why i am asking.Please reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #146  
Old 07-11-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default a

I sat for mine on the 28th of June, and i was expecting to get my score yesterday. Most probably we will get it next wednesday. (18th)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #147  
Old 07-12-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 15
Threads: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabarishg View Post
I f you wrote your exam on 28 june when will you receive your score.Please help.I beg you.
u will get ure result on 18th july. min time is 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #148  
Old 07-15-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 20
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

Congratulations to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess you guys would be relieved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #149  
Old 07-15-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default A power of 2 ...

Background: Honors student, average MCAT score.

School required NBME CBSE before studying: scaled 82 => predicted ~230
USMLE Consult Scorrelator (1/2 way through DIT/FA, a few weeks before actual test date): predicted 256
Free 144 NBME USMLE Step 1 Sample Questions (2012) 1 day before test: 94% correct
Actual USMLE STEP 1: 256/88


Wrote for exam around mid June. Was unable to sleep 2 days total before test (literally zero sleep as my fight-or-flight response in overdrive). By the way has counting barnyard animals actually helped anyone to fall asleep? Anyways, called NBME to plead with them the morning of, but they were gonna charge over $100 dollars so I decided to just suck it up and face the beast. If this happens to you, and I sincerely hope it does not, eat a really good breakfast.

Impressions:

I did not feel that any particular question was hard. Or if I did, it was during the test, but after I was finally able to sleep, I realized that they were actually super simple basic questions just worded weirdly. So be on the lookout for these. The questions I encountered were also integrated, and for a few it was molecular biology wrapped into a bioethics question. Be prepared for these type of questions as well.

The vingnettes and questions are very similar to UWORLD. However, the way the answer choices are worded is what makes the difference. In UWORLD I could generally always pick out the best response with confidence, but on the actual STEP 1 I was entirely unsure for a good percentage of the questions. My Step 1 had a lot of questions where the answers included upstream and downstream effects, wherein one effect lead to the other.

The majority of questions were just second nature (a.k.a "jerk-reflex"). I had very few multiple step/level of thinking questions, which was extremely lucky considering.

Lastly, about 98% of my test questions answers can be found in First Aid. I had 1 question from the free 144 Sample Questions and 1 question from my School NBME CBSE show up on my actual exam.

Study Plan:

I am not one of those study 10-14 hour/day or even 6 hour/day people. Tried to get through 3 lectures per day of DIT, and was able to during my first week of studying but then got preoccupied by all of the TV shows that returned from their hiatus and all of the new summer shows.

1. Went through old version of DIT (2010) with accompanying First Aid (2010) 1 time/pass. I looked topics up through Google as needed for further clarification.

2. I went through the Biochem Pathways using BRS Biochemistry, but literally everything on my test was straight from FA.

3. Looked at BRS Physiology Free Water Clearance and [T]/[P] subsection in the renal chapter.

4. Schema cards for bacteria and viruses from L&W Micro Cards

5. Pathoma: 1 pass through 1.5 weeks before test date- You need Pathoma or Goljan to supplement DIT 2010 or older version. I liked Dr. Sattar's pictures and illustrations. I also like Goljan but he goes off on a lot of tangents. Dr. Sattar is just straight cut, no tangents.

-Question Resources

1. Did approximately 400 Uworld Questions (offline copy, 2009 version). Around 92% correct.

2. USMLE Consult Scorrelator - 144 question test. Just like UWORLD, Majority of questions (NOT answer choices) were just like the real thing.

3. 50% of FA Q&A Book. Questions are for the most past like the real thing, but whereas this book gives everything in the questions stem, for the real thing you need to fill in the blanks a little bit more.

4. NBME free 144 USMLE STEP 1 Sample Questions

If I could have done one thing differently, it would have been to take some Valerian for sleeping the night before. Could have possibly scored 280+. Oh well, you live and learn. Till the USMLE Step 2 CK.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Best,

MDn2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #150  
Old 07-15-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDn2014 View Post
Background: Honors student, average MCAT score.

School required NBME CBSE before studying: scaled 82 => predicted ~230
USMLE Consult Scorrelator (1/2 way through DIT/FA, a few weeks before actual test date): predicted 256
Free 144 NBME USMLE Step 1 Sample Questions (2012) 1 day before test: 94% correct
Actual USMLE STEP 1: 256/88


Wrote for exam around mid June. Was unable to sleep 2 days total before test (literally zero sleep as my fight-or-flight response in overdrive). By the way has counting barnyard animals actually helped anyone to fall asleep? Anyways, called NBME to plead with them the morning of, but they were gonna charge over $100 dollars so I decided to just suck it up and face the beast. If this happens to you, and I sincerely hope it does not, eat a really good breakfast.

Impressions:

I did not feel that any particular question was hard. Or if I did, it was during the test, but after I was finally able to sleep, I realized that they were actually super simple basic questions just worded weirdly. So be on the lookout for these. The questions I encountered were also integrated, and for a few it was molecular biology wrapped into a bioethics question. Be prepared for these type of questions as well.

The vingnettes and questions are very similar to UWORLD. However, the way the answer choices are worded is what makes the difference. In UWORLD I could generally always pick out the best response with confidence, but on the actual STEP 1 I was entirely unsure for a good percentage of the questions. My Step 1 had a lot of questions where the answers included upstream and downstream effects, wherein one effect lead to the other.

The majority of questions were just second nature (a.k.a "jerk-reflex"). I had very few multiple step/level of thinking questions, which was extremely lucky considering.

Lastly, about 98% of my test questions answers can be found in First Aid. I had 1 question from the free 144 Sample Questions and 1 question from my School NBME CBSE show up on my actual exam.

Study Plan:

I am not one of those study 10-14 hour/day or even 6 hour/day people. Tried to get through 3 lectures per day of DIT, and was able to during my first week of studying but then got preoccupied by all of the TV shows that returned from their hiatus and all of the new summer shows.

1. Went through old version of DIT (2010) with accompanying First Aid (2010) 1 time/pass. I looked topics up through Google as needed for further clarification.

2. I went through the Biochem Pathways using BRS Biochemistry, but literally everything on my test was straight from FA.

3. Looked at BRS Physiology Free Water Clearance and [T]/[P] subsection in the renal chapter.

4. Schema cards for bacteria and viruses from L&W Micro Cards

5. Pathoma: 1 pass through 1.5 weeks before test date- You need Pathoma or Goljan to supplement DIT 2010 or older version. I liked Dr. Sattar's pictures and illustrations. I also like Goljan but he goes off on a lot of tangents. Dr. Sattar is just straight cut, no tangents.

-Question Resources

1. Did approximately 400 Uworld Questions (offline copy, 2009 version). Around 92% correct.

2. USMLE Consult Scorrelator - 144 question test. Just like UWORLD, Majority of questions (NOT answer choices) were just like the real thing.

3. 50% of FA Q&A Book. Questions are for the most past like the real thing, but whereas this book gives everything in the questions stem, for the real thing you need to fill in the blanks a little bit more.

4. NBME free 144 USMLE STEP 1 Sample Questions

If I could have done one thing differently, it would have been to take some Valerian for sleeping the night before. Could have possibly scored 280+. Oh well, you live and learn. Till the USMLE Step 2 CK.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Best,

MDn2014
wowwww, ur not satisfied with a 256????????????
well congratulations on the awesome score.

just wanted to ask you, what's valerian? is it like a sleep-aid or smthing? because im scared i will probably be in a situation like yours because i can never sleep the night before the exam
Should i take this valerian thing or zolpidem orsmthing? im so scared abt it. help!
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #151  
Old 07-16-2012
sachinkumar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 180
Threads: 41
Thanked 110 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 120
Send a message via Skype™ to sachinkumar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbndumb View Post
wowwww, ur not satisfied with a 256????????????
well congratulations on the awesome score.

just wanted to ask you, what's valerian? is it like a sleep-aid or smthing? because im scared i will probably be in a situation like yours because i can never sleep the night before the exam
Should i take this valerian thing or zolpidem orsmthing? im so scared abt it. help!
I took 3mg of zopiclone ....worked nicely for me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #152  
Old 07-16-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkumar View Post
I took 3mg of zopiclone ....worked nicely for me....
is that available over the counter?
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #153  
Old 07-22-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 96
Threads: 2
Thanked 118 Times in 60 Posts
Reputation: 128
Default 255/88

i gave exam on 6th june got result on 11th july

very close to predicted by nbmes
nbme 11 257
nbme 12 254
nbme 7 254
real exam 255
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #154  
Old 07-23-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome X View Post
i gave exam on 6th june got result on 11th july

very close to predicted by nbmes
nbme 11 257
nbme 12 254
nbme 7 254
real exam 255
wowww .. awesome score man. congrats. can u please share your experience with us?
and when did u take these NBME's?? seems they predicted perfectly!!
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #155  
Old 07-23-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Can anyone help me out with 2011 / 2012 USMLE world PDF.

Hey guys i really need help! im currently preparing for my step 1! Can anyone help me out with 2011 / 2012 USMLE world PDF. My email address is andyasia231@yahoo.com .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #156  
Old 07-23-2012
sachinkumar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 180
Threads: 41
Thanked 110 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 120
Send a message via Skype™ to sachinkumar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbndumb View Post
is that available over the counter?
no. i used my friend's prescription. He went to a private practitioner and explained his situation and got a prescription. you can try that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #157  
Old 07-24-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 96
Threads: 2
Thanked 118 Times in 60 Posts
Reputation: 128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbndumb View Post
wowww .. awesome score man. congrats. can u please share your experience with us?
and when did u take these NBME's?? seems they predicted perfectly!!
well i'll am not sure if its required to write a detailed exam experience thread there r plenty of them found on this forum , well if u need to ask anything specific you are most welcome
for your info here is timeline of my nbmes and qbanks

UW 10 weeks before exam 84% subject wise (offline)
NBME form 11 650/257 8 weeks before exam
Kaplan Qbank 84% random and online 3 weeks before exam
NBME form 12 640/254 2 weeks before exam
NBME form 7 640/254 2 days before exam

i was kind of stuck in mid 250s i didnt had any more weak area to focus on to score 260+ bcoz i did whtever i could but couldnt cross it, but i am still very happy with my score. Thank to Allah Almighty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #158  
Old 07-26-2012
sachinkumar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 180
Threads: 41
Thanked 110 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 120
Send a message via Skype™ to sachinkumar
Default

finally got the result which was stuck since 2 weeks.

243/86..... very very very happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Wednesday-Results-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
July 4th, 2012; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread sandybaba USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 19 07-11-2012 05:54 PM
January 11th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread coolfire USMLE Step 1 Forum 56 01-12-2012 06:08 AM
July 13th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread OzoneZone234 USMLE Step 1 Forum 47 08-24-2011 11:13 AM
July 27th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread Dr_Laura USMLE Step 1 Forum 18 07-29-2011 11:09 AM
July 20th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread Dr_Laura USMLE Step 1 Forum 17 07-28-2011 04:27 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)