How many pages of Goljan RR Pathology in a day?? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Help How many pages of Goljan RR Pathology in a day??

Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum and this seems to be the best discussion forum for all the USMLE aspirants. I am doing my step1 reading and am doing Goljan these days. I find the information in Goljan really vast. I have a few questions:

1) How many pages in average should be read in a day at the minimum?
2) Is is better to listen to audio notes after every chapter or at the end of going through the whole book?
3) The audio is really very lengthy, so how can I manage time for both audio and the text, I am afraid it will consume a lot of my preparation time.
3) How important are the audio notes (PDF format)?

Thanks in advance !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliandro View Post
Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum and this seems to be the best discussion forum for all the USMLE aspirants. I am doing my step1 reading and am doing Goljan these days. I find the information in Goljan really vast. I have a few questions:

1) How many pages in average should be read in a day at the minimum?
2) Is is better to listen to audio notes after every chapter or at the end of going through the whole book?
3) The audio is really very lengthy, so how can I manage time for both audio and the text, I am afraid it will consume a lot of my preparation time.
3) How important are the audio notes (PDF format)?

Thanks in advance !!


i have jus started with rr too... i find it easier to do the chapters first and listen to related audio at the end of the day... serves like a revision .... and i do an approx of 50 pgs only per day.. total schedule takes upto 14 days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Aliandro (07-18-2012)
  #3  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Thank you coolbakes for the advice, I am doing less than 50 pgs per day so I need to speed up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliandro View Post
Thank you coolbakes for the advice, I am doing less than 50 pgs per day so I need to speed up now.
your welcome... hmm its a bit sluggish with the beginning chapters for everyone......don worry ... you will be doing great soon by the days ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Aliandro (07-18-2012)
  #5  
Old 07-18-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 373 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 383
Correct Answer 50 pages of goljian

50 pages of rapid review. Thats really interesting and i must say you are amazing. If you finish 50 pages per day that means you can finish 600 pages of goljian in 12 days. thats wow.
from my experience. Goljian is very good book. i spent 1 month of this book and still i think i can't remember lot of stuff but this book improves your preparation standard. While doing this book you start integrating all anatomical, biochemical and pharmacological aspects into patho (that what USMLE step 1 all about).

I must say doing this book fast is not so important as doing this book properly but ya don't waste too much time. Try to manage your schedule in such a way that you get to have time to do its second revision. Its worth it.

and ya try to do robbins qbook. its good to do with goljian. Best of luck
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Aliandro (07-18-2012), tootsie (07-18-2012)
  #6  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

thANK YOU KOOLKILLER.... it feels encouraging to read ur post.. i totally agree with you.... but i was forced to read golijan as my path basics werent too strong and i am happy its helping but as u said without rev the full effort goes waste.. hoping things to end well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Aliandro (07-18-2012)
  #7  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 457
Threads: 62
Thanked 275 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 285
Default

guys.....do not rush with the Goljan because when we read it firt time, its seems very good because you understand the stuff and you make so many things clear like i understood fluid mechanism only when i read chapter 4 from RR. but 50 pages a day is kind of awesome if you are trying to memorize stuff too. even if it takes 3 weeks, goljan is worth that time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (07-22-2012)
  #8  
Old 07-19-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 877 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 890
Default

I had like 25 at max per day...
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (07-22-2012)
  #9  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm0101 View Post
guys.....do not rush with the Goljan because when we read it firt time, its seems very good because you understand the stuff and you make so many things clear like i understood fluid mechanism only when i read chapter 4 from RR. but 50 pages a day is kind of awesome if you are trying to memorize stuff too. even if it takes 3 weeks, goljan is worth that time
thats perfectly true.. golijan seems like a bible to USMLE 1.........and yeah i can never memorize.. 50 pages i mean its the only thing i do all day...may be i should slow down as you guys say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (07-22-2012)
  #10  
Old 07-19-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 373 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 383
Default May be

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbakes View Post
thats perfectly true.. golijan seems like a bible to USMLE 1.........and yeah i can never memorize.. 50 pages i mean its the only thing i do all day...may be i should slow down as you guys say
Hey if you are able to do 50 pages per day and not able to memozie stuff but get to know all basic concepts then I think it's good to do. As most people spend 3-4 weeks to do goljian's and with this reading capability you will be able to finish goljian's twice and in 2 nd read you can try remember or memorize stuff. So don't slow down as others says. Do want you think is best for you.
Again mentioning- not an expert or genius. Just sharing views with fellas.
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (07-22-2012)
  #11  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
Hey if you are able to do 50 pages per day and not able to memozie stuff but get to know all basic concepts then I think it's good to do. As most people spend 3-4 weeks to do goljian's and with this reading capability you will be able to finish goljian's twice and in 2 nd read you can try remember or memorize stuff. So don't slow down as others says. Do want you think is best for you.
Again mentioning- not an expert or genius. Just sharing views with fellas.
thanks koolkiller.. thats great advice i should say...... i am planning to take the exam latest by dec.... so far done with jus anat and ohysio.. so forced to speed up with path...... thought i will complete the portions by middle sep and and start q banks by october..... the plan is kinda okay na???
plz give me some suggestions frnds and when are you guyz planning on taking???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (07-22-2012)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRS Pathology or Goljan? marianna USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 03-17-2012 10:00 PM
Goljan High Yield Notes; 36 Pages medico.in USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 03-02-2011 05:16 PM
Kaplan Pathology or Goljan Pathology? struggle USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 01-12-2011 07:15 PM
Goljan highyield 100 pages worth reading? hedihav_x USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 07-21-2010 04:40 PM
First 100 Pages of BRS Pathology geof1 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 06-21-2010 06:03 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)