Three Months Away from My Exam - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Clock Three Months Away from My Exam

i should be done with my kaplan videos (which would be the 3rd revision of my kaplan notes) just 2 months prior to my exam date. so within that 2 months i ONLY wanna do online Qbanks n paper back Q books n memorize the FA in n out.

do u think that it good enough time n an adequate plan? i don't prefer last minute cramming for exams so i want to finish my notes studying way before (which is y i've been a little absent from this forum for a while now).

now that the date is getting closer (even if its still 3 months away), im starting to feel a little anxious. i think about it all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Amenah (10-06-2010)



  #2  
Old 07-14-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,317
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,879 Times in 1,808 Posts
Reputation: 4932
Thumbs Up Sounds good

Moderate degree of anxiety is not bad and in fact it's needed so that you stay on your feet until the exam day.

Your plan seems to be good.

Finish your books and then keep doing questions day after day until your exam day. Practicing questions is the trick to high scores. No matter how many times you repeat the books or how many books you read it won't come to an effect unless you couple it with practice questions.

In my opinion you need at least 5000 questions to practice though we have different opinions from our members about that in this poll

On a separate note, I think you'll get 99 in Step 1. I've seen your posts since you joined us in September last year and you have good logical thinking and your knowledge seems to be evolving.

Go ahead, you can do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
coolbakes (12-08-2012), Seetal (07-14-2010)
  #3  
Old 07-14-2010
doctorF's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 316
Threads: 68
Thanked 402 Times in 109 Posts
Reputation: 422
Default

Best of luck!!!
__________________
Why does Good luck often carries more weightage than hard work in successes???
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-14-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

do the uworld--
best of luck by the way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-14-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default thanks guys

sigh... feel a little better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-14-2010
Kabutar111's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 414
Threads: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to Kabutar111
Thumbs Up Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
sigh... feel a little better.


did you finished your fa before or it will be your first read.?
how much kaplan do you remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-14-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabutar111 View Post

did you finished your fa before or it will be your first read.?
how much kaplan do you remember?

I've been doing FA since 2nd year med school (I just finished 4th yr now). FA is like my handy dictionary that helps me memorize.
n if u have a hold of my flashcards, I use FA a lot especially for pharmaco, pathology n micro. but I still have to sit down n memorize every single page word by word. only then i will feel comfortable.
im still so scared but the words of encouragement i get on this forum helps a lot (am not being nice, i mean it when i say YOU ALL help me a lot). im a type A personality person, so i get worried n anxious for no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-15-2010
Kabutar111's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 414
Threads: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to Kabutar111
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
I've been doing FA since 2nd year med school (I just finished 4th yr now). FA is like my handy dictionary that helps me memorize.
n if u have a hold of my flashcards, I use FA a lot especially for pharmaco, pathology n micro. but I still have to sit down n memorize every single page word by word. only then i will feel comfortable.
im still so scared but the words of encouragement i get on this forum helps a lot (am not being nice, i mean it when i say YOU ALL help me a lot). im a type A personality person, so i get worried n anxious for no reason.
Thx for the info.
How much time you think is good enough to finish FA?
__________________
There is no shortcut to SUCCESS ,and there is no excuse for FALIURE - by Kabutar111
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-16-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabutar111 View Post
Thx for the info.
How much time you think is good enough to finish FA?
hi..
i really wouldnt know how much time it takes. i took a long time to read up the pharmaco n a few other sections in FA n i still havent finished EVERYTHING. but i think 1 month will be more than enough for me now because i know 50% of it already. but thats only because im gonna go slow n memorize it.

but i have a friend who read the entire FA in 3 weeks. i guess it all depends on u. if i were u i would refer to my FA whilst studying kaplan n then when u're doing qbanks getting ready for the exam, a month will be enough. but definitely refer to FA while studying. it makes studying soooo MUCH easier because the mnemonics are just wonderful. especially the new 2010 version. its just beautifully made for helping us remember facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-16-2010
Kabutar111's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 414
Threads: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to Kabutar111
Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
hi..
i really wouldnt know how much time it takes. i took a long time to read up the pharmaco n a few other sections in FA n i still havent finished EVERYTHING. but i think 1 month will be more than enough for me now because i know 50% of it already. but thats only because im gonna go slow n memorize it.

but i have a friend who read the entire FA in 3 weeks. i guess it all depends on u. if i were u i would refer to my FA whilst studying kaplan n then when u're doing qbanks getting ready for the exam, a month will be enough. but definitely refer to FA while studying. it makes studying soooo MUCH easier because the mnemonics are just wonderful. especially the new 2010 version. its just beautifully made for helping us remember facts.
there is new edition of fa in jan should i wait for it or buy 2010 .i just started my first reading of kaplan and i am planning to give exam in mid of next year.

suggestions please.:sorry:
thx
__________________
There is no shortcut to SUCCESS ,and there is no excuse for FALIURE - by Kabutar111
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-16-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabutar111 View Post
there is new edition of fa in jan should i wait for it or buy 2010 .i just started my first reading of kaplan and i am planning to give exam in mid of next year.

suggestions please.:sorry:
thx
january seems a long time from now. u have so much time to prepare from now till then. don't wait. get the 2010 version now n later u can get the e-book of the latest edition to add on. im using 2007 (because i bought it yrs ago) but i have the 2010 ebook which i use to add some details to my 2007 edition. the difference is not much but some new mnemonics just rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 07-17-2010
Kabutar111's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 414
Threads: 30
Thanked 86 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to Kabutar111
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetal View Post
january seems a long time from now. u have so much time to prepare from now till then. don't wait. get the 2010 version now n later u can get the e-book of the latest edition to add on. im using 2007 (because i bought it yrs ago) but i have the 2010 ebook which i use to add some details to my 2007 edition. the difference is not much but some new mnemonics just rock!
thx, if the difference not much I will surely go for it now only.
__________________
There is no shortcut to SUCCESS ,and there is no excuse for FALIURE - by Kabutar111
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-18-2010
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 137
Threads: 49
Thanked 119 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 139
I agree Agree rasheed

Hey seetal !

Welcome back to forum!

The facts mentioned by Sabio r really good and I agree it thoroughly.

I would like to add that if u have already done videos along with ur Kaplan lecture notes, then do not watch it again because as far as I know from my own experience the Kap videos r necessary only for the first time and not then. Otherwise it will only waste ur time.

Good luck for ur exam......and plz take good foods, enough sleep and try ur best! I'm sure u will score 99
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-18-2010
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,301 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1324
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default thank u dr. Elham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. N Elham View Post
Hey seetal !

Welcome back to forum!

The facts mentioned by rasheed r really good and I agree it thoroughly.

I would like to add that if u have already done videos along with ur Kaplan lecture notes, then do not watch it again because as far as I know from my own experience the Kap videos r necessary only for the first time and not then. Otherwise it will only waste ur time.

Good luck for ur exam......and plz take good foods, enough sleep and try ur best! I'm sure u will score 99

lol... yeah i hope all u said comes true. thank u for all support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 07-19-2010
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 137
Threads: 49
Thanked 119 Times in 50 Posts
Reputation: 139
Default Sorry

Sorry Sabio

I actually meant u by rasheed. Plz replace rasheed for urself :sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-19-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,317
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,879 Times in 1,808 Posts
Reputation: 4932
Wink It's OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. N Elham View Post
Sorry Sabio

I actually meant u by rasheed. Plz replace rasheed for urself :sorry:
Oh no don't worry about that. We are all the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Four months plan to get over 95 AliKam USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 04-20-2012 03:56 PM
8 Months Sporadic, Now One Month to go! drgvpadmapriya USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 03-29-2010 12:34 PM
10 Months Old with Weight Loss Salwan85 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 03-25-2010 05:29 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)