Am i doing right ??? Confused :( - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-05-2012
skcaudhary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Correct Answer Am i doing right ??? Confused :(

HI EVERYONE there!!! i am so confused about my study plan for step 1, and i want to take exam in december 2012...... i have no guidance about step 1 .. i have planned my own for it.... i m done with firsr read kaplan lecture notes , now i have decided to do a second read of kaplan lecture notes with daily kaplan qbank questions of 60 or more...till 10th october....and then i will do first aid in 10 days ...and then 15 days more for uworld and then will revise first aid again once...... after that i will take nbme in november.......... but i m so confused wether i m doing right or wrong....i request to all of u here to help me to study well .... and pls let me know if i am doing right or not??? and pls give suggestion too thanks in advance , waiting for ur replies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 08-05-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
Reputation: 384
Default

Seems a good plan but personally 10 days for FA and 15 days for UW is precisely short time. I haven't started UW yet but I heard it have 2000 around questions. So just imagine if u do 2 block that's around 100 questions per day with answers review. It gonna take 20 days and obviously you will review wrong questions again. So UW can consume 25-30 days minimum.
Regarding FA it really takes lot of time. As its too brief you have to put some information in it so 15-20 days would be required.
My recommendation : don't think that I am a suggestion guru because I always seek suggestions from others. I recommend u to start doing FA now.

Still we have many doctors with brilliant step 1 scores in this forum. There suggestion will be more informative and beneficial.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-05-2012
skcaudhary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
Seems a good plan but personally 10 days for FA and 15 days for UW is precisely short time. I haven't started UW yet but I heard it have 2000 around questions. So just imagine if u do 2 block that's around 100 questions per day with answers review. It gonna take 20 days and obviously you will review wrong questions again. So UW can consume 25-30 days minimum.
Regarding FA it really takes lot of time. As its too brief you have to put some information in it so 15-20 days would be required.
My recommendation : don't think that I am a suggestion guru because I always seek suggestions from others. I recommend u to start doing FA now.

Still we have many doctors with brilliant step 1 scores in this forum. There suggestion will be more informative and beneficial.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
thanks KK88.....thanks for the good advice....i will start reading FA from now on..........and for uworld too i will extend my days. how many times i should revise uworld ? is it enough to read once or twice before exam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-05-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
Reputation: 384
Default

As I said before I am not expert in this but
Review or not reviewing UW depends on your knowledge. While doing first time if you are scoring more than 70-80% then may be u don't need reviewing or just need review on wrong answers but an average student review it at least once. And with all this subject and things to finish. We can get time to review once only. And ya when u do UW make notes and keep on reviewing those notes later.
Hope I answered ur question properly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-05-2012
skcaudhary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
As I said before I am not expert in this but
Review or not reviewing UW depends on your knowledge. While doing first time if you are scoring more than 70-80% then may be u don't need reviewing or just need review on wrong answers but an average student review it at least once. And with all this subject and things to finish. We can get time to review once only. And ya when u do UW make notes and keep on reviewing those notes later.
Hope I answered ur question properly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
yes thanku so much......i will definitely do that. n pls keep giving suggestion to me, i am always ready to listen....thanku
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-05-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
Reputation: 384
Default

Haha seniors and specialists give suggestions. We are fellas. So we have same situations, just sharing my idea. Glad you liked. :-)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-05-2012
skcaudhary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
Haha seniors and specialists give suggestions. We are fellas. So we have same situations, just sharing my idea. Glad you liked. :-)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yaa i do like sincere advises . U r on same situation so u can understand me better. any advice from seniors n specialists is also welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-05-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 23
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hey!!
it seems that you have a good plan but here what i think is a good thing to do from now on!!
for second read split the material into two general categories: the Basics and the Systemic exactly like FA. than try to cover the basic material first and after finishing the second read from Kaplan read it from First Aid, this fast read won't take longer than 2 days for each subject but by the end of your second read you will find your self familiar with First aid content that it is possible to finish it in about 15 days which I consider it the 3rd read. about questions try to do a block every day at night when you feel like you are through with studying that day by the end of your second read you will notice the progress in question solving and you will be already covered the UW so you can go through the tough questions again and that will help you doing them later in 10 days. for me i used to solve questions until i fall asleep every night...

I think the 2nd read is the most important phase of the preparation so it is ok if it took a little longer, you can do the NBME online after it OR after you go through the FA " the 3rd read" so you can find the weak areas and work on them.
Study hard and know that it is much easier than you think!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-05-2012
skcaudhary's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoJ View Post
Hey!!
it seems that you have a good plan but here what i think is a good thing to do from now on!!
for second read split the material into two general categories: the Basics and the Systemic exactly like FA. than try to cover the basic material first and after finishing the second read from Kaplan read it from First Aid, this fast read won't take longer than 2 days for each subject but by the end of your second read you will find your self familiar with First aid content that it is possible to finish it in about 15 days which I consider it the 3rd read. about questions try to do a block every day at night when you feel like you are through with studying that day by the end of your second read you will notice the progress in question solving and you will be already covered the UW so you can go through the tough questions again and that will help you doing them later in 10 days. for me i used to solve questions until i fall asleep every night...

I think the 2nd read is the most important phase of the preparation so it is ok if it took a little longer, you can do the NBME online after it OR after you go through the FA " the 3rd read" so you can find the weak areas and work on them.
Study hard and know that it is much easier than you think!!
hii....thankuu sooo much for the so much concerned reply.....u r right i second reading is most imp part....i will do act upon this great idea of second read ....thanku so much dear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-08-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 56
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Thumbs Up

thanks to all for great information. very good for success all medical student
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
confused ubiquinone ECFMG Forum 3 02-07-2012 05:30 AM
I am much confused please help me!!! Dr.faraz ECFMG Forum 1 09-03-2011 10:12 AM
really confused plz help! heman466s USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 06-21-2011 05:00 AM
I am confused worried ECFMG Forum 6 07-13-2010 11:25 AM
confused mahmud USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 06-20-2010 12:05 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)