Anomali Exam Experience - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Smile Anomali Exam Experience

Hello everyone...
took my step 1 today, first i would like to say that exam is very much DOABLE

started my preparation in April but i completed my first read of kaplan notes during my internship.

materials used
KLN notes
Goljan RR for pathology
CF 100 cases
FA 2012 (BIBLE---must read at least twice)
Uworld qbank-online (grasp the concepts)--timed, subject wise--got 87%
Kaplan qbank- offline

Assessments and scores

uwsa 1--3 weeks before---265
NBME 13--2 weeks before---254
uwsa2--4 days out---265
usmleconsult scorrelator--got 80% questions right
Free 150--1 day before exam--got 93% right
did rest nbme's offline

Exam day
the real exam was easier than uworld i feel
majority of the questions were straight
wtf questions---around 4 to 5 questions( i did guess them all)
had around 8-9 questions straight from nbme's
graphs--i could interpret them easily
pic's---simple except some histo slides
audio q--only two of them luckily
all the blocks were fair enough except 4 and 6
No video stuff asked
did 5 silly mistakes but corrected them during my review
few questions were so simple(i doubt whether was that a trap to confuse us)


Biostats had simple calculations,i was asked 3 odd's ratio questions overall i was fine with it
i was heavily tested in path,especially reproductive and endocrine part.
rest of the exam i was fine.

My advice

be thorough in FA(achieve perfection here),uworld and KLN
stay calm during exam( i feel its the deciding factor to crack the questions)
never touch any review material the day before the exam and on the day of the exam
DO LOADS OF QUESTIONS--this one thing really help me a lot

overall experience--I'm satisfied with my performance in the exam
let's hope the results turn out in good shape but for now its time to party

and again remember the exam is DOABLE guys so calm your self's down.

this forum has been my biggest motivation and support,so i thank everyone who helped me thru this journey
all the best to every1
open for any queries and help---feel free
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Anastasia04 (12-26-2013), anoushay khan (02-09-2013), arvine_14 (12-26-2013), billy (08-29-2012), callmerocky2 (08-29-2012), Casandra (08-06-2012), cheesewarrior (08-06-2012), danylo (09-09-2012), debs (08-29-2012), Doc4Step1 (08-06-2012), Doctor Ali (01-07-2013), docusmle9 (02-26-2013), dr shamail (02-08-2013), Dr.MMA (12-27-2013), Dr.Tiger (01-01-2013), dr.Zh (08-06-2012), DrSK (08-29-2012), fadyhennawy (08-29-2012), faith255 (12-27-2013), faruque (01-15-2013), Fereshteh (03-09-2013), gagz (12-27-2013), IMGdoctor (09-17-2012), Insomniac (03-18-2013), Janakpriya (02-27-2013), Kabutar111 (08-06-2012), kirubgrace (10-05-2013), koolkiller88 (08-06-2012), maryjoseph (12-29-2013), Master shifu (03-09-2013), maverick doc (08-31-2012), MedicalExaminer (08-06-2012), mihirkakara (08-29-2012), mulchandani161 (01-01-2013), Nikmady (12-28-2012), offpiste (08-06-2012), organo14 (11-22-2013), podebrad (12-27-2012), pranavmerchant (03-18-2014), Prathyukoneru (12-26-2013), preeti617 (10-06-2012), rapiddo (08-06-2012), riya rai (08-06-2012), Saiyeda (10-05-2012), samba (08-06-2012), Skyprincess (08-30-2012), smacker (10-09-2012), smanthrav (08-06-2012), Smaug (04-07-2013), spaduri (02-10-2013), st1181988 (02-26-2013), swwal (02-16-2013), tai35 (08-06-2012), tangled (03-20-2013), TaRuN_010 (09-12-2012), tootsie (08-29-2012), usbound (05-14-2013), usmle_taker (02-26-2013), wa87el (12-26-2013), wenskyrose (10-03-2012), wilderurtecho (08-08-2012), Zehra. (10-05-2012)



  #2  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 114
Threads: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

congratulation is kaplan enough for anatomy and behavioral science?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #3  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,039
Threads: 189
Thanked 557 Times in 318 Posts
Reputation: 567
Default :D

Anomali thanks for your input! I'm sure, and I wrote it before, you will do just fine! Even better than fine! DD
Although I will surely miss you here in the forum...

Enjoy your free time now
And if you have 1 spare minute I would appreciate if you could answer my questions:
1) did you do kaplan qbank first or uworld?
2) how long it took you to go through uworld?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #4  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage92 View Post
congratulation is kaplan enough for anatomy and behavioral science?

yes....it is highly sufficient....i was able to correlate every question to kaplan notes....stick to them...wish you luck
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
Anomali thanks for your input! I'm sure, and I wrote it before, you will do just fine! Even better than fine! DD
Although I will surely miss you here in the forum...

Enjoy your free time now
And if you have 1 spare minute I would appreciate if you could answer my questions:
1) did you do kaplan qbank first or uworld?
2) how long it took you to go through uworld?
well ill surely miss this forum and your questions casandra

1) did you do kaplan qbank first or uworld?
i did kaplan qbank before.
do supplement uworld with kaplan qbank---thats really helpful, i got one question related to cardiac and vascular function curves---this topic doesn't appear in uworld. i would recommend doing biostat,behavioral science,molecular biology and physio from kaplan qbank if not the whole thing

2) how long it took you to go through uworld?
i did this in a span of 36 days followed by only the wrong answers--overall 40 days. few days before my exam i had a glimpse of all the pics from uworld.

all the best
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
billy (08-29-2012), Casandra (08-07-2012), Insomniac (04-07-2013), Saiyeda (10-05-2012)
  #6  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Dr Najeeb lectures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
Anomali thanks for your input! I'm sure, and I wrote it before, you will do just fine! Even better than fine! DD
Although I will surely miss you here in the forum...

Enjoy your free time now
And if you have 1 spare minute I would appreciate if you could answer my questions:
1) did you do kaplan qbank first or uworld?
2) how long it took you to go through uworld?


do u went through Dr Najeeb Lectures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-06-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 370 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 380
Default congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
well ill surely miss this forum and your questions casandra

1) did you do kaplan qbank first or uworld?
i did kaplan qbank before.
do supplement uworld with kaplan qbank---thats really helpful, i got one question related to cardiac and vascular function curves---this topic doesn't appear in uworld. i would recommend doing biostat,behavioral science,molecular biology and physio from kaplan qbank if not the whole thing

2) how long it took you to go through uworld?
i did this in a span of 36 days followed by only the wrong answers--overall 40 days. few days before my exam i had a glimpse of all the pics from uworld.

all the best
Hey anomali, congrats for finishing this milestone. Ya we do miss you and hope we catch you soon in step 2 forum with smiling faces.
Just wanna ask you few more queries related to kaplan qbank.
From you above mention statement. It states that you did kaplan qbank offine. Is it random mode or subject wise (becoz i got random mode)
and how we will be able to do these selected subjects from random mode.
I also want to do more and more questions from biostat, B.S., molecular biology and physio before starting UW.
And you said you took 40 Days to do UW. So how many blocks you did in one day?
sorry for take time from your partying world but you are already across the mountain and we are still stuck on this side with a fear of fall down sometimes. :sorry:
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #8  
Old 08-06-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

hey.. congrats on finishing it!!
Looks like you really nailed it. Happy for you.
I feel like i'm the only one who found the exam to be hard.
Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope we all get good scores!! Good luck! And ENjoy your free days now!
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #9  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 196
Threads: 9
Thanked 97 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

hey congrats anomali. Do come back and let us know when you get your score
btw, did you do any of the other NBMEs offline? Can you tell us what score you got on them, or atleast the number of mistakes you made on them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #10  
Old 08-06-2012
sruthi's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 109
Threads: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

CONGRATS!! uv workd hard so i bet ur score wl b awesum 2, dw!!
i hv a doubt..hw is conrad fishr 100 cases?? does it help??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #11  
Old 08-06-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 106
Threads: 3
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 50
Default

Congrats!!! Seems like you will ace the exam!! And congrats on being done with step 1! Must feel great. Cant wait to be done also!!

I have a few questions if you have some time
1. How many times did you end up doing KLN? Is it really helpful to go over them a few times?
I've only done them 1 and half times... not sure if i should go back to them again or just stick to FA now?
2. Did you do the kaplan videos as well?
3. Did you take other nbme's other than 13?

Your score prediction and uworld score seem awesome! I know you will do great. Hope your partyin up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #12  
Old 08-06-2012
MedicalExaminer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 824
Threads: 66
Thanked 463 Times in 298 Posts
Reputation: 473
Default

Congrats man !
Keep calm and pump EtOH


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vp2z1a
__________________
Everything is possible for him who believes (MARK 9:23)
245/247/passed on 1st attempt/223/2mos Obsie /3 US LORS/visa not needed/2008 grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-07-2012)
  #13  
Old 08-07-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiller88 View Post
Hey anomali, congrats for finishing this milestone. Ya we do miss you and hope we catch you soon in step 2 forum with smiling faces.
Just wanna ask you few more queries related to kaplan qbank.
From you above mention statement. It states that you did kaplan qbank offine. Is it random mode or subject wise (becoz i got random mode)
and how we will be able to do these selected subjects from random mode.
I also want to do more and more questions from biostat, B.S., molecular biology and physio before starting UW.
And you said you took 40 Days to do UW. So how many blocks you did in one day?
sorry for take time from your partying world but you are already across the mountain and we are still stuck on this side with a fear of fall down sometimes. :sorry:
i had kaplan qbank subject wise luckily so i could easily sort out things to be done. Since you have it in random mode, would suggest you to do them the same way and while reviewing the explanations,go thru the questions which u have got wrong and unsure of. that would save your time. As i said before concentrate on the above four areas including pathphysiology and the rest of qbank i dint find much useful

uworld---i did 1 to 2 blocks daily.i was preparing my notes too so took a lot of time

u'll surely pass this out with bright colors, just do your job and rest leave it on GOD.....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 08-07-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbndumb View Post
hey.. congrats on finishing it!!
Looks like you really nailed it. Happy for you.
I feel like i'm the only one who found the exam to be hard.
Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope we all get good scores!! Good luck! And ENjoy your free days now!

we'll pass out with good scores, im just praying GOD that everything turn's out fine.....good luck to you too numbndumb
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 08-07-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanthrav View Post
hey congrats anomali. Do come back and let us know when you get your score
btw, did you do any of the other NBMEs offline? Can you tell us what score you got on them, or atleast the number of mistakes you made on them?
sure smanthrav will post my scores once i receive them
i did all the other nbme's offline except 3 and 1. i was consistently scoring around 240-250 in all of them and the no of wrong questions within a range of 16-25 of 200

wish u the best
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
smanthrav (08-07-2012)



  #16  
Old 08-07-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthi View Post
CONGRATS!! uv workd hard so i bet ur score wl b awesum 2, dw!!
i hv a doubt..hw is conrad fishr 100 cases?? does it help??
yes it did help me....even though kaplan is enough, CF helps u in remembering them all. i felt at ease while answering ethics cases bcoz of CF,so highly recommended
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
sruthi (08-07-2012)
  #17  
Old 08-07-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSK View Post
Congrats!!! Seems like you will ace the exam!! And congrats on being done with step 1! Must feel great. Cant wait to be done also!!

I have a few questions if you have some time
1. How many times did you end up doing KLN? Is it really helpful to go over them a few times?
I've only done them 1 and half times... not sure if i should go back to them again or just stick to FA now?
2. Did you do the kaplan videos as well?
3. Did you take other nbme's other than 13?

Your score prediction and uworld score seem awesome! I know you will do great. Hope your partyin up
i did KLN notes twice, this really helped me a lot bcoz i found myself in a better position n uworld and while studying FA. Kaplan has it all, i would suggest go over them at least twice.if u feel u have the content after one and half read of kaplan, then stick on to FA more. go over the tables in kaplan if you have some spare time

i did all kaplan videos just once at the start of my prep nearly a year ago but i retained all imp points till date

Did just nbme 13 and the rest offline..

all the best for your endeavor
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DrSK (08-08-2012), Insomniac (04-07-2013)
  #18  
Old 08-08-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 106
Threads: 3
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
i did KLN notes twice, this really helped me a lot bcoz i found myself in a better position n uworld and while studying FA. Kaplan has it all, i would suggest go over them at least twice.if u feel u have the content after one and half read of kaplan, then stick on to FA more. go over the tables in kaplan if you have some spare time

i did all kaplan videos just once at the start of my prep nearly a year ago but i retained all imp points till date

Did just nbme 13 and the rest offline..

all the best for your endeavor

Thanks for the input!! Good luck for the result
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

guys i scored 266/90

wow...never felt so happy....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anoushay khan (02-09-2013), billy (10-09-2012), Casandra (08-29-2012), chux (08-29-2012), Doc4Step1 (08-29-2012), Dodi Jacob (10-09-2012), Dr.Tiger (01-01-2013), drj10 (08-30-2012), DrSK (08-29-2012), ehtisham (08-29-2012), koolkiller88 (08-29-2012), mihirkakara (01-12-2013), Neutrino (12-24-2013), offpiste (08-29-2012), pranavmerchant (03-19-2014), Sisi (09-09-2012), smanthrav (08-29-2012)
  #20  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 196
Threads: 9
Thanked 97 Times in 64 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

Wow that's an amazing score..congrats!! Btw did you make an estimate of how many questions you got wrong after your test? I gave mine a few days back and well.... I'm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-29-2012)
  #21  
Old 08-29-2012
numbndumb's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 529
Threads: 57
Thanked 282 Times in 150 Posts
Reputation: 292
Default

congrats man!! That is really really awesome I knew you were gonna rock it though ))

we'll be in touch in the CK forum .. its party time for you now!!
__________________
I've become so numb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-29-2012)
  #22  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanthrav View Post
Wow that's an amazing score..congrats!! Btw did you make an estimate of how many questions you got wrong after your test? I gave mine a few days back and well.... I'm
thanks man ......

i guess i made around 15-20 wrong on the real exam......

good luck for your results smanthrav
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,039
Threads: 189
Thanked 557 Times in 318 Posts
Reputation: 567
Default :)))

Congraaaaaaaaaatulations! ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #24  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 100
Threads: 12
Thanked 46 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

CONGRATULATIONS..Tats a great score..
Just a few Q's..
1)Did you do histo frm KLN anat. It was taking a lot of time so i kinda skipped it..From where can i do histo nw??It's nt high yield right?
2)Is 1 read of micro KLN enough followed by FA..?Or multiple reads of KLN necessary?
3)How much time/months should we spend for U world/NMBES bfr step 1?i might have jus 1 or 1 1/2Months bfr step 1..would that be enough?
Thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 205
Threads: 6
Thanked 151 Times in 80 Posts
Reputation: 161
Default

congratz anomali you have nailed this exam (as expected)

i have few Qs did you use offline kaplan q bank as learning tool if not then is there any target percentage which we should be aiming in every subject while doing it?????
why you did uworld subject wise online??? i mean shouldn't it be timed and random mode or which way is more efficient???
lastly did you get any ecgs ????should we spend time on it or stem of the question is sufficient to tackle ECGs

thanks and party hard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 08-29-2012
chux's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 110
Threads: 4
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 42
Send a message via AIM to chux
Default

o boy you dealt with themso happy for you
congrats
__________________
focus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #27  
Old 08-29-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 370 Times in 224 Posts
Reputation: 380
Default Amazing score

Congrats dude
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #28  
Old 08-29-2012
callmerocky2's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 187
Threads: 28
Thanked 101 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 111
Default

Great score anomali nice going.. Do well on step 2 too
__________________
You can, If you believe you can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #29  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 307
Threads: 36
Thanked 127 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 137
Default

Soooo Happy for you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #30  
Old 08-29-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 304
Threads: 76
Thanked 73 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 83
Default

congratsss
I'm busy to study for step1 now coz I 'm in my last BIG year
so If i decide to study for step1 in INTERNSHIP ... can I ????
( internship 8hrs/day &few night shift)
an advise 'll help me alot
THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #31  
Old 08-29-2012
Rookie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 394
Threads: 40
Thanked 218 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 228
Default

Awesome score!!! Congrats
__________________
The Journey of thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #32  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmleprep_sr View Post
CONGRATULATIONS..Tats a great score..
Just a few Q's..
1)Did you do histo frm KLN anat. It was taking a lot of time so i kinda skipped it..From where can i do histo nw??It's nt high yield right?
2)Is 1 read of micro KLN enough followed by FA..?Or multiple reads of KLN necessary?
3)How much time/months should we spend for U world/NMBES bfr step 1?i might have jus 1 or 1 1/2Months bfr step 1..would that be enough?
Thanks in advance..
thank you
1)---yes i did histo from kln once.if ur aim is higher,then nothing is high yield i think,u need to master every subject.If u skipped kln for histo, study uworld and kaplan qbank-this would suffice.
2)---one read is sufficient, complete kln and then concentrate on uworld and FA(multiple reads here)
3)---uworld should be ideally started 3 months before the exam and 2 months is highly enough to cram uworld.and NBME's 1 month to the exam,this would make sure questions from nbme's are fresh in your mind.

good luck
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offpiste View Post
congratz anomali you have nailed this exam (as expected)

i have few Qs did you use offline kaplan q bank as learning tool if not then is there any target percentage which we should be aiming in every subject while doing it?????
why you did uworld subject wise online??? i mean shouldn't it be timed and random mode or which way is more efficient???
lastly did you get any ecgs ????should we spend time on it or stem of the question is sufficient to tackle ECGs

thanks and party hard
thank you dude..

always uworld should be your prime qbank. reg kaplan qbank---it was more like a learning tool for me,just another few hundred questions and nothing more.do not aim for any specific target in kaplan, just solve them and acquire the stuff.

uworld----i did subject wise bc i felt i would cover a particular concept at one go.like whole biostats together rather studying bits and pieces of it now and then.always timed.first time i did uworld subject-wise and later for wrong and marked questions,i did them in random mode.

ecg's---i remem one questions in my exam and choosing the right option,i had to depend completely on ecg.stem's may not help u most of the times.Always prepare for worst...be perfect in ecgs's.dont rely on stems accrdng to me

GL to you....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
maryjoseph (03-11-2014), offpiste (08-30-2012)
  #34  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwal View Post
congratsss
I'm busy to study for step1 now coz I 'm in my last BIG year
so If i decide to study for step1 in INTERNSHIP ... can I ????
( internship 8hrs/day &few night shift)
an advise 'll help me alot
THANKS
Do your first kaplan and goljan read during internship.after ur done with it,sit for 3-4 months and study exclusively for step 1 and appear for the exam.

would suggest you not to squeeze your exam during internship.complete that first and then appear for exam... GL
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mihirkakara (01-12-2013)
  #35  
Old 08-30-2012
hoor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 141
Threads: 16
Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 61
Send a message via Skype™ to hoor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
Hello everyone...
took my step 1 today, first i would like to say that exam is very much DOABLE

started my preparation in April but i completed my first read of kaplan notes during my internship.

materials used
KLN notes
Goljan RR for pathology
CF 100 cases
FA 2012 (BIBLE---must read at least twice)
Uworld qbank-online (grasp the concepts)--timed, subject wise--got 87%
Kaplan qbank- offline

Assessments and scores

uwsa 1--3 weeks before---265
NBME 13--2 weeks before---254
uwsa2--4 days out---265
usmleconsult scorrelator--got 80% questions right
Free 150--1 day before exam--got 93% right
did rest nbme's offline

Exam day
the real exam was easier than uworld i feel
majority of the questions were straight
wtf questions---around 4 to 5 questions( i did guess them all)
had around 8-9 questions straight from nbme's
graphs--i could interpret them easily
pic's---simple except some histo slides
audio q--only two of them luckily
all the blocks were fair enough except 4 and 6
No video stuff asked
did 5 silly mistakes but corrected them during my review
few questions were so simple(i doubt whether was that a trap to confuse us)


Biostats had simple calculations,i was asked 3 odd's ratio questions overall i was fine with it
i was heavily tested in path,especially reproductive and endocrine part.
rest of the exam i was fine.

My advice

be thorough in FA(achieve perfection here),uworld and KLN
stay calm during exam( i feel its the deciding factor to crack the questions)
never touch any review material the day before the exam and on the day of the exam
DO LOADS OF QUESTIONS--this one thing really help me a lot

overall experience--I'm satisfied with my performance in the exam
let's hope the results turn out in good shape but for now its time to party

and again remember the exam is DOABLE guys so calm your self's down.

this forum has been my biggest motivation and support,so i thank everyone who helped me thru this journey
all the best to every1
open for any queries and help---feel free
hii first of all a congratulations!! you nailed it!!!
wanted to ask how much did goljans patho help you overall.did you read it cover to cover or only high yield audios.i am using pathoma so wanted an opinion. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)



  #36  
Old 08-30-2012
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

Congratulations!!! that's an awesome scored. you killed it.
Can I ask what did you score on your nbme13 assessment?.
Never mind just saw it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (08-30-2012)
  #37  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoor View Post
hii first of all a congratulations!! you nailed it!!!
wanted to ask how much did goljans patho help you overall.did you read it cover to cover or only high yield audios.i am using pathoma so wanted an opinion. thanks
thank u
i read goljan once followed by only few chapters the second time.i dint like audios so skipped them....do what u feel comfortable in....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anoushay khan (02-09-2013)
  #38  
Old 08-30-2012
hoor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 141
Threads: 16
Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 61
Send a message via Skype™ to hoor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
thank u
i read goljan once followed by only few chapters the second time.i dint like audios so skipped them....do what u feel comfortable in....
once was enough for you to retain that huge book! you are a genius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoor View Post
once was enough for you to retain that huge book! you are a genius
its all HARD WORK dude......believe me its the key

i read robbins perfectly(5 times) during my med school in 2nd year..so goljan was a bit easier for me....

all the best for ur prep...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
hoor (08-30-2012)
  #40  
Old 08-30-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 100
Threads: 12
Thanked 46 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
thank you
1)---yes i did histo from kln once.if ur aim is higher,then nothing is high yield i think,u need to master every subject.If u skipped kln for histo, study uworld and kaplan qbank-this would suffice.
2)---one read is sufficient, complete kln and then concentrate on uworld and FA(multiple reads here)
3)---uworld should be ideally started 3 months before the exam and 2 months is highly enough to cram uworld.and NBME's 1 month to the exam,this would make sure questions from nbme's are fresh in your mind.

good luck
Thank You so much for the reply..Good Luck with step 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 09-09-2012
billy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 444
Threads: 109
Thanked 369 Times in 208 Posts
Reputation: 379
Cool ANOMALi

Congratulations for such an epic score
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (09-09-2012)
  #42  
Old 09-09-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 25
Threads: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Congratulations! Hope you have done it successfully. Thank you very much for sharing your experience! It helps everybody a lot, especially in feeling much more confident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (09-09-2012)
  #43  
Old 09-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Congratulations!!! thanks for sharing your experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (09-17-2012)
  #44  
Old 09-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Congrats

Congratulations! Thanks for share your experiences!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 10-02-2012
maddy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 32
Threads: 3
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 25
Smile hey

Congrats dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u rocked it....Can u tell me which all nbme u did? 13 u mentioned online and rest all u did offline .............I mean 1,-12????? and u found q in exam where they r from all nbme... I heard 1-5 r very easy??? please suggest

maddy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (10-04-2012)



  #46  
Old 10-03-2012
wenskyrose's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 120
Threads: 25
Thanked 119 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 129
Thumbs Up congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
guys i scored 266/90

wow...never felt so happy....
thats a great score!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (10-04-2012)
  #47  
Old 10-04-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy View Post
Congrats dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u rocked it....Can u tell me which all nbme u did? 13 u mentioned online and rest all u did offline .............I mean 1,-12????? and u found q in exam where they r from all nbme... I heard 1-5 r very easy??? please suggest

maddy

sorry was busy..thanku

yeah i did only 13 online, rest of them offline.....i think i got the questions mostly from forms 7, 11, 12, 13 in my final exam.......study 4 to 6 if u have sufficient time.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 10-04-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

anomali, Could you please help me how to take uworld notes? its taking me forever to write everything down.Thanks, bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 10-09-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebill04 View Post
anomali, Could you please help me how to take uworld notes? its taking me forever to write everything down.Thanks, bill
hey .....note down only those points which u feel are important and u may forget in future. Do not take down stuff which has been explained in FA and kaplan- this would save ur time.....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Saiyeda (10-09-2012)
  #50  
Old 12-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 100
Threads: 12
Thanked 46 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Hello..Do you have cornard fischer 100 cases pdf? Or some source where we can find it online?
Tried so much to locate it online but cudn't..Thank you in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 12-27-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmleprep_sr View Post
Hello..Do you have cornard fischer 100 cases pdf? Or some source where we can find it online?
Tried so much to locate it online but cudn't..Thank you in advance..
PM me your email ID...will send you the file....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 12-27-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 127
Threads: 8
Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

I have done BRS physiology not kaplan ...... do you think it covers all those kaplan concepts and secondly, shall I go through microbio made ridiculously simple 3rd edition or stick to kaplan ..... I hope you have experience with these books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #53  
Old 12-28-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehtisham View Post
I have done BRS physiology not kaplan ...... do you think it covers all those kaplan concepts and secondly, shall I go through microbio made ridiculously simple 3rd edition or stick to kaplan ..... I hope you have experience with these books
sorry dude....i haven't reviewed those books but i can assure you that kaplan notes are sufficient for both physio and micro.....

Good luck..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ehtisham (12-28-2012), vnagubandi (01-01-2013)
  #54  
Old 12-31-2012
yellowlabel10's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 17
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default About genetics stuff in exam

few of my friends have given step 1 exam,
according to them genetics was heavily testes
on exam and it was tougher than KLN and UW.
is the exam is balance or thy focus more ON one
particular subject.(as one of my senior told me,
microbiolgy was heavly tested in his exam)
need guidline here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 12-31-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 25
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

pls advise me about the time when i should do my registration for exam.i am an img and almost done with my first read.as i am a mom ,i m a little bit afraid about my time frame.would u pls suggest me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pk212512 (02-27-2013)
  #56  
Old 12-31-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlabel10 View Post
few of my friends have given step 1 exam,
according to them genetics was heavily testes
on exam and it was tougher than KLN and UW.
is the exam is balance or thy focus more ON one
particular subject.(as one of my senior told me,
microbiolgy was heavly tested in his exam)
need guidline here...
Hmmmm....I was quite cozy on my genetics....I think Kln and uworld should be sufficient to prepare us to face the beast.....

I had pathology as my heavily tested subject and one friend of my was tested more in Psychiatry......so dude, u can never figure out that. Leave this on God.

My advice...give your best in every subject and try to know the high yield facts bcoz most of the questions in real exam are interlinked in many ways.

and concentrate a bit more on Pathology......The real biggie of them all...GL...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vnagubandi (01-01-2013)
  #57  
Old 12-31-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmi_das View Post
pls advise me about the time when i should do my registration for exam.i am an img and almost done with my first read.as i am a mom ,i m a little bit afraid about my time frame.would u pls suggest me?

you can register for the exam now since you are done with the first read and choose the 3 month eligibility period to suit your prep speed and plan...

first have a road map, plan your uworld time( how many months u intend to do), NBME's, second read of all subjects...keep a months time to target all high yield stuff before the real exam......

think about these and plan accordingly......All the best...
Hope this was helpful
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Insomniac (03-18-2013), sharmi_das (12-31-2012), vnagubandi (01-01-2013)
  #58  
Old 02-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 66
Threads: 34
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Idea! images for usmle

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
thank you
1)---yes i did histo from kln once.if ur aim is higher,then nothing is high yield i think,u need to master every subject.If u skipped kln for histo, study uworld and kaplan qbank-this would suffice.
2)---one read is sufficient, complete kln and then concentrate on uworld and FA(multiple reads here)
3)---uworld should be ideally started 3 months before the exam and 2 months is highly enough to cram uworld.and NBME's 1 month to the exam,this would make sure questions from nbme's are fresh in your mind.

good luck
wat stuff did u use in specific for the images??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (02-08-2013)
  #59  
Old 02-08-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

For Images, I just concentrated on Uworld and google images(especially the derma ones)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #60  
Old 02-26-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 101
Threads: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
Hello everyone...
took my step 1 today, first i would like to say that exam is very much DOABLE

started my preparation in April but i completed my first read of kaplan notes during my internship.

materials used
KLN notes
Goljan RR for pathology
CF 100 cases
FA 2012 (BIBLE---must read at least twice)
Uworld qbank-online (grasp the concepts)--timed, subject wise--got 87%
Kaplan qbank- offline

Assessments and scores

uwsa 1--3 weeks before---265
NBME 13--2 weeks before---254
uwsa2--4 days out---265
usmleconsult scorrelator--got 80% questions right
Free 150--1 day before exam--got 93% right
did rest nbme's offline

Exam day
the real exam was easier than uworld i feel
majority of the questions were straight
wtf questions---around 4 to 5 questions( i did guess them all)
had around 8-9 questions straight from nbme's
graphs--i could interpret them easily
pic's---simple except some histo slides
audio q--only two of them luckily
all the blocks were fair enough except 4 and 6
No video stuff asked
did 5 silly mistakes but corrected them during my review
few questions were so simple(i doubt whether was that a trap to confuse us)


Biostats had simple calculations,i was asked 3 odd's ratio questions overall i was fine with it
i was heavily tested in path,especially reproductive and endocrine part.
rest of the exam i was fine.

My advice

be thorough in FA(achieve perfection here),uworld and KLN
stay calm during exam( i feel its the deciding factor to crack the questions)
never touch any review material the day before the exam and on the day of the exam
DO LOADS OF QUESTIONS--this one thing really help me a lot

overall experience--I'm satisfied with my performance in the exam
let's hope the results turn out in good shape but for now its time to party

and again remember the exam is DOABLE guys so calm your self's down.

this forum has been my biggest motivation and support,so i thank everyone who helped me thru this journey
all the best to every1
open for any queries and help---feel free
wow congrats thanks so much for sharing with us
please advise me how did you do revision to remember everything you studied
how you recalled it all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (02-26-2013)
  #61  
Old 02-26-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle_taker View Post
wow congrats thanks so much for sharing with us
please advise me how did you do revision to remember everything you studied
how you recalled it all

hmmm....i just read the whole thing again for my revision...and i think uworld and all other online qbanks helps us recollect stuff during our exam...FA is again a very good source for u to help recall concepts....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #62  
Old 02-26-2013
good_boy_1234's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 546
Threads: 91
Thanked 320 Times in 145 Posts
Reputation: 366
Default

Congrats anonali! Check your inbox please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (03-08-2013)
  #63  
Old 02-26-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 288
Threads: 28
Thanked 90 Times in 73 Posts
Reputation: 100
Default

congratulations Anomali!! awesome score....

how was behavioral science? is kaplan+CF 100 cases enough? i always come close to 2 options and then commit mistake. goljan being vast , how did u manage to do pathology?

thanks
__________________
When you know what you want,and you want it badly enough,you'll find a way to get it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (03-08-2013)
  #64  
Old 02-27-2013
Janakpriya's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 101
Threads: 9
Thanked 47 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 57
Send a message via Skype™ to Janakpriya
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomali View Post
guys i scored 266/90

wow...never felt so happy....
congrats man..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (03-08-2013)
  #65  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 790
Threads: 76
Thanked 672 Times in 316 Posts
Reputation: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docusmle9 View Post
congratulations Anomali!! awesome score....

how was behavioral science? is kaplan+CF 100 cases enough? i always come close to 2 options and then commit mistake. goljan being vast , how did u manage to do pathology?

thanks
thank you..
hmmm..i dont remem much of it now...but on a general note, i would say not to worry about behavioral science much...its gonna be easier than u thot...CF 100 cases are enough for your prep.... i read goljan once and after that i was concentrating mostly on uworld for my path......

its a common experience to come down to 2 options, in that case i would made the best guess and correct option and move ahead..never let that effect your further questions.....


all the best..n sorry for the late reply...gave my CS recently....
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Matched!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #66  
Old 04-07-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Thank You for this, and Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anomali (04-07-2013)
  #67  
Old 12-26-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 19
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

your score is astoundingls awesome. so encouraging. Pls can u send me the pdf CF 100 ethics book to me too? i tired a lot but couldn't get it, pls! richokirub@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #68  
Old 12-27-2013
faith255's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 520
Threads: 41
Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 82
Default

hey congrats on being done

plz tell which nbmes did u do offline? all of them?

nd also wht other ques did u do apart from uw nd nbme nd uwsa?

thanks
__________________
Never let your fear be stronger than your Faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exam Experience Hanadi USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 06-20-2013 12:07 PM
My experience for May 3rd exam.. warriodoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 24 09-09-2012 05:33 AM
My exam experience Dr.Sidd USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 06-21-2012 07:01 PM
My exam experience! susanbal USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 07-13-2011 07:36 PM
Exam Experience amerk USMLE Step 3 Recommended Threads 2 07-26-2009 01:56 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)