ECFMG verification letter - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2012
Highlander's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 111
Threads: 15
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 28
Help ECFMG verification letter

Hi everyone, '
I am IMG and had sent the step 1 application materials and have received a letter saying that my medical school will receive the verification documents. But it has been 2 months and my medical school hasn't received it yet.

How long does it take to get the verification letter from ECFMG? Is the verification necessary in order to appear for the step 1 exam?

Thank you for suggestions in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 09-04-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 375
Threads: 17
Thanked 131 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 147
Default

Which form are u talking about ?

My school just sent me an email and said that they have received Form 327 from ECFMG...and they need it to be verified and send with original transcripts .

But you can appear in the exam without this form.

But if you are talking about form 186, then you have to do part 1 and then send it for part 2 to the school.You can't take the exam unless ecfmg received this form and send you mail for verification.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (09-04-2012)
  #3  
Old 09-04-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 207
Threads: 68
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 95
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
Hi everyone, '
I am IMG and had sent the step 1 application materials and have received a letter saying that my medical school will receive the verification documents. But it has been 2 months and my medical school hasn't received it yet.

How long does it take to get the verification letter from ECFMG? Is the verification necessary in order to appear for the step 1 exam?

Thank you for suggestions in advance.
how long did you receive the notification letter from ECFMG after you submitted those medical credentials to them?

I mailed out all of the documents about three weeks ago, and just checked my status online, they said my application is in process and they are waiting for form 186. I sent them form 186 with other application documents in a single envelop, I do not why they were saying still waiting for 186 form. And I haven't received the notification letter from ECFMG yet. Has anybody else encountered the similar situation with me or I am the only one under this condition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (09-04-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 09-04-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 307
Threads: 36
Thanked 127 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindalimm View Post
how long did you receive the notification letter from ECFMG after you submitted those medical credentials to them?

I mailed out all of the documents about three weeks ago, and just checked my status online, they said my application is in process and they are waiting for form 186. I sent them form 186 with other application documents in a single envelop, I do not why they were saying still waiting for 186 form. And I haven't received the notification letter from ECFMG yet. Has anybody else encountered the similar situation with me or I am the only one under this condition?
Highlander: I received the same email. And my documents have still not been received either. The thing is, if you read the email, it gives instructions about dates etc. So yes, I believe, we can take the exam despite our school not verifying it. Cause otherwise they wouldn't give us the option of appearing at the test centre etc.

belindalimm: When I mailed out all my documents, I received an email four days later that they'd received it. That was on the 7th of August. After several days of my account saying that my application was "still in process", I received the email from them yesterday that they have now accepted my documents. My school hasn't received the documents though, so the verification isn't complete. But my account says 'accepted'. So you'll prolly get your email soon too. Actually, it took mine about a month..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
belindalimm (09-04-2012), Highlander (09-04-2012)
  #5  
Old 09-04-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 207
Threads: 68
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockhi View Post
Highlander: I received the same email. And my documents have still not been received either. The thing is, if you read the email, it gives instructions about dates etc. So yes, I believe, we can take the exam despite our school not verifying it. Cause otherwise they wouldn't give us the option of appearing at the test centre etc.

belindalimm: When I mailed out all my documents, I received an email four days later that they'd received it. That was on the 7th of August. After several days of my account saying that my application was "still in process", I received the email from them yesterday that they have now accepted my documents. My school hasn't received the documents though, so the verification isn't complete. But my account says 'accepted'. So you'll prolly get your email soon too. Actually, it took mine about a month..
But I didn't get the email from them saying they'd received my documents. I tracked my package on post office website, and it said they delivered my mail, but my current status is still writing waiting for form 186, so I am kinda of worried about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-04-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 89
Threads: 17
Thanked 51 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

I'm not sure what documents you are expecting to receive

I applied online, and sent Form 186 by mail, and it took about 3 weeks to verify it...that's it....they didn't say they will send anything back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (09-04-2012)
  #7  
Old 09-04-2012
Highlander's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 111
Threads: 15
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindalimm View Post
how long did you receive the notification letter from ECFMG after you submitted those medical credentials to them?

I mailed out all of the documents about three weeks ago, and just checked my status online, they said my application is in process and they are waiting for form 186. I sent them form 186 with other application documents in a single envelop, I do not why they were saying still waiting for 186 form. And I haven't received the notification letter from ECFMG yet. Has anybody else encountered the similar situation with me or I am the only one under this condition?
How long has it been since you sent the form 186? It takes some time for them to process, I guess. I had sent mine on June and then got the notification letter
on August by post. You can call the ECFMG general inquires and get some info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-04-2012
Highlander's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 111
Threads: 15
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindalimm View Post
But I didn't get the email from them saying they'd received my documents. I tracked my package on post office website, and it said they delivered my mail, but my current status is still writing waiting for form 186, so I am kinda of worried about it.
I don't think they email us that they received the documents. I didn't get any emails from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-04-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 821 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 831
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
I don't think they email us that they received the documents. I didn't get any emails from them.
they'll email us after every verification.....i mean they'll email for form 186 verification or form 327-a credential verification too or they'll mail for usmle application acceptance too...
i got mails for form 186 verification and usmle application acceptance too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Highlander (09-06-2012)
  #10  
Old 09-05-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 207
Threads: 68
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
How long has it been since you sent the form 186? It takes some time for them to process, I guess. I had sent mine on June and then got the notification letter
on August by post. You can call the ECFMG general inquires and get some info.
I sent my documents on Aug 14th. It has been 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-06-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

I was also nervous since i sent my papers including form 186 and received an email that ECFMG received them on August 13th.. i was worried that their response took a little more than 3 weeks.. but finally got an email today and all papers got accepted!!
the bad news.. im in panic now that a date can finally be determined for my step 1 !! Bring it On!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-06-2012
koolkiller88's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 864
Threads: 62
Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
Reputation: 384
Default Verfication

This school verification thing always take time and kinda messy. Once your form 186 and medical certificate is verified. You are good to go.
Still if your med school haven't received that verification letter. Try to call ECFMG office and tell them to send verification again. Remember before calling get the exact address of your medical school office who are responsible for all these matter and if that is different then what you actually provided to ECFMG then just update the new address.
__________________
One day i will infect these microbes and they will search for "Anti-MEbiotic"....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Credential verification: Do we get a notification letter? Gastrin ECFMG Forum 2 03-23-2012 09:14 AM
ECFMG Verification help me luck ECFMG Forum 1 08-24-2011 11:13 AM
verification of credentials by the ECFMG ruijunsu ECFMG Forum 1 06-16-2011 06:25 AM
ECFMG Letter: Verification Incomplete dr spr ECFMG Forum 2 04-25-2011 05:47 PM
ECFMG Verification ? dr.valium ECFMG Forum 10 09-25-2010 11:36 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)