prometric appointment succeeded without new permit - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Question prometric appointment succeeded without new permit

hello mates,

kindly help me with this..!..

i extended my eligibility period (which ends by oct.) 3 days back and received an email too from ecfmg.........but didnt get my new permit yet. i didnt take appointment in prometric in my previous eligibility too...(aug-oct.)

as there are only few dates available at prometric..i tried for an appointment by seeing at the permit which exist currently in IWA(which says my eligibility till Jan 2013)....my prometric appointment has been confirmed and i received an email too.....now i'm confused that how could i get an appointment without my new permit (as November exist in my new eligibility period only)....

do i have to do anything with this..? do the new permit i get from ecfmg will be with different schedule number.....?

i checked few posts in this forum ,but unable to get a similar encountered problem before....kindly help me anyone...


thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-23-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 155
Threads: 43
Thanked 67 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 77
Default

I would suggest you confirm it both with the ECFMG and prometric by calling them ASAP. This could be right and if it is, you have nothing to worry about. If it is a system error and anything of that sort, talking to them might just get things clear for you as well as ECFMG/prometric. Talking on the phone is the best thing, don't email them. I am suggesting this only because you have 3days, if you had more time like 2-3weeks or more "wait and watch" would have been the option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
venky2600 (10-23-2012)
  #3  
Old 10-23-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagubandi View Post
I would suggest you confirm it both with the ECFMG and prometric by calling them ASAP. This could be right and if it is, you have nothing to worry about. If it is a system error and anything of that sort, talking to them might just get things clear for you as well as ECFMG/prometric. Talking on the phone is the best thing, don't email them. I am suggesting this only because you have 3days, if you had more time like 2-3weeks or more "wait and watch" would have been the option.
thanks....no i took an appointment for nov.15th..not 3 days from now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-23-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 155
Threads: 43
Thanked 67 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 77
Default

please do let me know what the outcome is after you talk with them. I am also planning to extend my eligibility period maybe later in november to jan-feb-march . (my current eligibility period of oct-nov-dec). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-23-2012
beka-CTS's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 763
Threads: 77
Thanked 1,351 Times in 347 Posts
Reputation: 1361
Default

call prometric i netherlands. they are very helpfull with this kind of problems. after that, if needed call ecfmg ))
__________________
Step 1 - 244 [✔] Step 2 CK - 246 [✔] Step 2 CS [✔] Step 3 - 228 [✔] Match [EMORY SOM] YOG: 2013, 4 Months of USCE University Hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
venky2600 (10-23-2012)
  #6  
Old 10-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to nikhilt
Default

same scene. aug- oct extended till jan 13. well i paid 65$ for extn on ecfmg, in 2 days i got new permit stating the extended elig but with SAME CONFIRMATION NUMBER. then i contacted prometric and paid 50$ rescheduling fee. i confirmed from ecfmg that the same confirmation number is valid and i can schedule (not RESCHEDULE) my exam within the extended period. so if u wanna schedule ur exam click on schedule ur exam not reschedule/cancel ur appointment on prometric site...hope tht helps!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
venky2600 (10-23-2012)
  #7  
Old 10-23-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilt View Post
same scene. aug- oct extended till jan 13. well i paid 65$ for extn on ecfmg, in 2 days i got new permit stating the extended elig but with SAME CONFIRMATION NUMBER. then i contacted prometric and paid 50$ rescheduling fee. i confirmed from ecfmg that the same confirmation number is valid and i can schedule (not RESCHEDULE) my exam within the extended period. so if u wanna schedule ur exam click on schedule ur exam not reschedule/cancel ur appointment on prometric site...hope tht helps!!!
ya i did schedule appointment(not rescheduled...coz i didnt schedule for prometric in my earlier eligibility)..anyhow i called the prometric yesterday for information abt it...they said no scheduling has been done and the confirmation number(Confirmation:8890000001382675) )i provided was invalid(how come i get a confirmation email with confirmation number that is invalid---i really dont know why)...now i have to wait till i get my new permit for further help i guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to nikhilt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
ya i did schedule appointment(not rescheduled...coz i didnt schedule for prometric in my earlier eligibility)..anyhow i called the prometric yesterday for information abt it...they said no scheduling has been done and the confirmation number(Confirmation:8890000001382675) )i provided was invalid(how come i get a confirmation email with confirmation number that is invalid---i really dont know why)...now i have to wait till i get my new permit for further help i guess
did u make payment to prometric for extending ur eligibility. if yes, then only the number will b valid. the process as told to me by the prometric staff was, payment of 50$ to them if ur scheduling within 30 days of ur scheduled exam or last date of ur elig which is 31st october.so since ur eligibility comes to end, u l hv to clear tht doubt wethr shud u pay or not.once u make payment prometric will inform nbme and number will b valid for scheduling!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
venky2600 (10-23-2012)
  #9  
Old 10-23-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilt View Post
did u make payment to prometric for extending ur eligibility. if yes, then only the number will b valid. the process as told to me by the prometric staff was, payment of 50$ to them if ur scheduling within 30 days of ur scheduled exam or last date of ur elig which is 31st october.so since ur eligibility comes to end, u l hv to clear tht doubt wethr shud u pay or not.once u make payment prometric will inform nbme and number will b valid for scheduling!!
thanks

i dont think i have to pay for prometric for extending coz i havent scheduled in prometric before...(i think we have to pay if we schedule in prometric before right..?).........

1 thing i didnt understand is....if we didnt get my permit yet,how can i able to schedule a date in my extended eligibility(no one can schedule a date out of our eligibility right..?).....

i think the problem is with our regional prometric center..(as today is festival period the prometric center is closed for today..)....so i'll call to it tomorrow to confim again

and also today morning i got my new permit from ECFMG(how stupid am i,i should have waited for 10 more hrs to book my schedule at prometric)

thanks for your help...

Last edited by venky2600; 10-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to nikhilt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
thanks

i dont think i have to pay for prometric for extending coz i havent scheduled in prometric before...(i think we have to pay if we schedule in prometric before right..?).........

im not sure abt this, but do let those ppl know tht u hv extended ur elig.coz till thn u cant see ur extended period on prometric site. anyways howz ur prep going?gave any nbmes? wht is ur target?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
venky2600 (10-23-2012)
  #11  
Old 10-23-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilt View Post
im not sure abt this, but do let those ppl know tht u hv extended ur elig.coz till thn u cant see ur extended period on prometric site. anyways howz ur prep going?gave any nbmes? wht is ur target?
thanks....ya i'll inform them by tomorrow....

ya goin on fine...left with dit 3 days....ya i gave nbme11 on oct. 5th got 221..
my target is to get above 235....hope i can reach my target.....when is ur exam and abt ur prep. btw....?

goodluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 10-24-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to nikhilt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
thanks....ya i'll inform them by tomorrow....

ya goin on fine...left with dit 3 days....ya i gave nbme11 on oct. 5th got 221..
my target is to get above 235....hope i can reach my target.....when is ur exam and abt ur prep. btw....?

goodluck
stuck with score between 200-215 from last 3 weeks wil give 1 more and decide the date.evn my target is around 240.best of luck 2 u!!urs is a decent score.u will easily reach ur target score!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 10-24-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 816 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 826
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilt View Post
stuck with score between 200-215 from last 3 weeks wil give 1 more and decide the date.evn my target is around 240.best of luck 2 u!!urs is a decent score.u will easily reach ur target score!
thanks a lot

i'll try my level best in these 20 days to reach more than my target score...

goodluck to u too.....you're almost there i guess..just do some quick revision in your weak areas and give an exam....you will easily reach your target too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Prometric-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appointment cancelled by the Prometric! HELP! prabhav USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 06-18-2012 10:48 AM
Fee for cancelling appointment more than one month before? saintdizzy USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 12-20-2011 04:52 PM
How early should one book Prometric appointment? donofitaly ECFMG Forum 1 05-16-2011 08:56 AM
Got the scheduling permit but no Prometric seat available? qurat21 ECFMG Forum 5 04-30-2011 08:41 AM
Scheduling Your CS Appointment rasheed USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 09-05-2009 01:14 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)