Should I take an NBME now? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2012
Lara's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 29
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 76
Help Should I take an NBME now?

Is it wise to take an NBME Before UW and DIT to assess where I am OR Should I do UW and DIT in 3 weeks and then take an NBME at the end of month?My exam tentative date is 3rd week of December.Suggestions please guys quick.Thanx.
__________________
One Step At a time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 11-04-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 41
Threads: 1
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 63
Default

I suggest to take a NBME now so you know where u stand, but only if you are planning to take another one after u finished DIT and UW. most people recomend to do at least 2 NBME before going to the exam. but if you are planning on taking just one u should take it one or 2 weeks before ur test so u can predict u score.

If u decided to take it now don't get depressed if ur score isnt as good, the point is to now where u stand and what u should focus ur attention more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Lara (11-04-2012)
  #3  
Old 11-04-2012
Lara's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 29
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs View Post
I suggest to take a NBME now so you know where u stand, but only if you are planning to take another one after u finished DIT and UW. most people recomend to do at least 2 NBME before going to the exam. but if you are planning on taking just one u should take it one or 2 weeks before ur test so u can predict u score.

If u decided to take it now don't get depressed if ur score isnt as good, the point is to now where u stand and what u should focus ur attention more.
Yup I plan to take 2 nbmes.Was thinking whether I should take them both after doing UW and DIT spacing them 2 weeks apart or doing one now and the other after 3 weeks is much better?
__________________
One Step At a time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-04-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 41
Threads: 1
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 63
Default

if u havent practice a lot of q's don't do it now. and do them both after uw and DITas u said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-04-2012
Lara's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 29
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Hmmm Again confused I have done kaplan qbank offline not done UW as yet...
__________________
One Step At a time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-04-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 288
Threads: 28
Thanked 90 Times in 73 Posts
Reputation: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hmmm Again confused I have done kaplan qbank offline not done UW as yet...
LARA,Take an NBME when you are done with 50% of UW(RANDOM mode) and FA 1 read.By the way, DIT is recommended after at least 1 read of FA which i am expecting you have done.

If you have not done none of the above take an NBME right after UW,DIT,FA and the 2nd one after few more reads of materials you are following.

I am doing Kaplan Q bank offline (2010) which years was yours?
__________________
When you know what you want,and you want it badly enough,you'll find a way to get it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-04-2012
Lara's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 29
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docusmle9 View Post
LARA,Take an NBME when you are done with 50% of UW(RANDOM mode) and FA 1 read.By the way, DIT is recommended after at least 1 read of FA which i am expecting you have done.

If you have not done none of the above take an NBME right after UW,DIT,FA and the 2nd one after few more reads of materials you are following.

I am doing Kaplan Q bank offline (2010) which years was yours?
mine was 2010 also...I have done FA once and kaplan goljan twice...
__________________
One Step At a time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-04-2012
alice's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 126
Threads: 17
Thanked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Reputation: 52
Default

Hey guys ! U
Trying to do Kaplan offline 2010 as well .. I downloaded it from some random site .. I don't have answers to the questions and it's random timed .. I plan on doing only few subjects and it would be pretty helpful it I'd know the correct answers ..
Do you guys have any link where I can find questions with answers ???

It would be really helpful !!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 11-04-2012
Lara's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 183
Threads: 29
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Hey guys ! U
Trying to do Kaplan offline 2010 as well .. I downloaded it from some random site .. I don't have answers to the questions and it's random timed .. I plan on doing only few subjects and it would be pretty helpful it I'd know the correct answers ..
Do you guys have any link where I can find questions with answers ???

It would be really helpful !!

Thanks
Hey ALICE sorry I did t in bookform which had the answers with it
__________________
One Step At a time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11-04-2012
alice's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 126
Threads: 17
Thanked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Reputation: 52
Default

Ok .. Thanks

All the best !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Lara (11-04-2012)



Reply

Tags
NBME-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regular NBME versus Expanded Feedback NBME medhelp USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 10-17-2012 06:46 PM
Score dropped from NBME 6 to NBME 7 maria_d USMLE Step 1 Forum 13 06-14-2012 10:41 PM
NBME 3 versus NBME 5; which is harder? pash USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 06-22-2011 05:49 PM
NBME offline versus NBME online jarcelin USMLE Step 1 Recommended Threads 2 02-14-2011 10:01 AM
NBME forms? How do you sign up on the NBME website? dazzles USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 09-05-2010 03:40 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)