What is the best way to do the USMLE World? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-2010
mle2resident's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 252
Threads: 51
Thanked 185 Times in 94 Posts
Reputation: 195
USMLEWorld What is the best way to do the USMLE World?

HI,
Am preparing for step 1, done with Kaplan notes, videos and Qbook. I want to start with USMLE World now, I saw there are different durations to subscribe.. whats the best way to use it? shud 2 months of usmle world suffice? plz opine ASAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-08-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 66
Threads: 26
Thanked 68 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

mee too in same situation. i have few questions too
1) wats the diff between 1 month and 3 month subscrition, are there any changes in no. of questions?
2) my roommate and me are both preparing for step 1, so can we use the same uworld at the same time?
3) how much difference will be there between uworlds every year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-08-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,183 Times in 464 Posts
Reputation: 2231
Arrow 2 months is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle2resident View Post
HI,
Am preparing for step 1, done with Kaplan notes, videos and Qbook. I want to start with USMLE World now, I saw there are different durations to subscribe.. whats the best way to use it? shud 2 months of usmle world suffice? plz opine ASAP
Since USMLE World is going to be your first online Qbank then you need at least two months of subscriptions.
Anyway, even after the end of the two months you did not finish you can then extend your subscription.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-08-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,183 Times in 464 Posts
Reputation: 2231
Arrow Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle0987 View Post
mee too in same situation. i have few questions too
1) wats the diff between 1 month and 3 month subscription, are there any changes in no. of questions?
2) my roommate and me are both preparing for step 1, so can we use the same uworld at the same time?
3) how much difference will be there between uworlds every year?
The difference between various USMLE World subscriptions is the duration only. It's the same qbank with the same number of questions for all durations of subscriptions.
You can use it you and your room mate but then you will be messing up with the analysis and the right and wrong questions. For example, if you friend did a block then you come after him and do "unused" questions then you won't have the chance to see the questions that he has done. Also the analysis will be messed up, like you won't know what is your percentage and what is his percentage.
I strongly recommend that you get a separate subscriptions.
As for how frequent they update their questions, then I think it's pretty frequently, like every couple of months they update, remove, and add questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mle2resident (12-05-2010), usmle0987 (10-08-2010)
  #5  
Old 10-08-2010
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 363
Threads: 18
Thanked 311 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee-usmle View Post
The difference between various USMLE World subscriptions is the duration only. It's the same qbank with the same number of questions for all durations of subscriptions.
You can use it you and your room mate but then you will be messing up with the analysis and the right and wrong questions. For example, if you friend did a block then you come after him and do "unused" questions then you won't have the chance to see the questions that he has done. Also the analysis will be messed up, like you won't know what is your percentage and what is his percentage.
I strongly recommend that you get a separate subscriptions.
As for how frequent they update their questions, then I think it's pretty frequently, like every couple of months they update, remove, and add questions.

If you plan on doing 2 months worth of questions, then pick the 3 month subscription. Reason is because everyone falls behind or you just need more time then you set out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Sabio (10-08-2010), usmle0987 (10-08-2010)
  #6  
Old 10-08-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 95
Threads: 30
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Reputation: 43
Help 2 people can use it at once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee-usmle View Post
The difference between various USMLE World subscriptions is the duration only. It's the same qbank with the same number of questions for all durations of subscriptions.
You can use it you and your room mate but then you will be messing up with the analysis and the right and wrong questions. For example, if you friend did a block then you come after him and do "unused" questions then you won't have the chance to see the questions that he has done. Also the analysis will be messed up, like you won't know what is your percentage and what is his percentage.
I strongly recommend that you get a separate subscriptions.
As for how frequent they update their questions, then I think it's pretty frequently, like every couple of months they update, remove, and add questions.

So, are you saying that 2 people can be logged in from 2 separate computers AT SAME TIME to use the USMLE world? Have you tried this or know someone who has? Does this really work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-08-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,183 Times in 464 Posts
Reputation: 2231
Arrow No, I did not mean that

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone_123i View Post
So, are you saying that 2 people can be logged in from 2 separate computers AT SAME TIME to use the USMLE world? Have you tried this or know someone who has? Does this really work?
I apologize if I was not clear on this.
No, two persons cannot log in to the same account at the same time. In fact, even if they log in at different times but from two different places that are significantly apart (e.g India and USA) then this will trigger suspicion in the staff of UW and they may ban both of you.

What I meant is that they both use the same account but at different times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
romana (05-27-2013)



Reply

Tags
USMLEWorld

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLE World is enough! uptousmle USMLE Step 2 CK Recommended Threads 23 2 Weeks Ago 05:11 PM
Difference between Offline Usmle World and Online Usmle World noone_123i USMLE Step 1 Forum 15 06-01-2016 09:00 AM
75% in USMLE World, Do I need NBME? mohamedomar USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 10-22-2010 09:02 PM
Using USMLE World after expiration poonam31785 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 09-12-2010 06:46 AM
What USMLE World score means over 95 in USMLE? bhargav-bjmc USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 07-30-2010 09:15 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)