I feel these are the best resource for micro out there .....
- they are discrete and certainly saves time and has all the info you will most likely be asked about it
- the opening pages have organ wise microorganism distributed and classified so this certainly helps and has very helpful tables
- the most common microogranisms are listed at the beginning ...the every detail goljan talks about .....the most common organism of community acquired pneumonia ETC
- Firstly they have a clinical vignette describing the mostly likely condition you will encounter for the pathogen and you have an idea about it '
- the structure of the micro organism on the vignette side
- the new ones have pictures on the front so that if you go through these microcards enough you will just remember the pathogens by the image and that very much helps
- then there is the dogma in the main page of each flashcard that tell pretty much about the origin of the microorganism and it certainly helps like coagulase +ve and coagulase -ve etc
- then in the main flashcard side there are the conditions listed which are caused by it and then the pathogenisis of the disease ,any virulence of the organism is summarized in the most easiest way possible
- then the diagnosis and treatment and other important stuff that we need to know about the microorganism we need to know ....
it is a complete book in the form of flash cards and if you do need to annotate on the flashcard you can do that also ..... so highly recommend it for step 1 and i think every one should use it