July 2013 Step takers - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Thumbs Up July 2013 Step takers

Hi everyone,
This is for the people taking the exam this july. Please join so we can keep ourselves motivated and strong. I have finished anat,bs,biochem,path,phy with micro and path still remaining. First aid half done. Planning to take NBME before going for round 2. Didnt start uworld yet, done with usmlerx.

Post your study plans heree..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medstulife (06-12-2013), Zehra. (06-13-2013)



  #2  
Old 05-10-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hey. Im also planning for the exam in the start of july. Currently am doing usmlerx. Done 65% of it.previously ive done usmle world twice n qbank once.
Hey wanted to ask u if i can leave the micro n immuno part of usmlerx coz my subscription was expiring. .. I mean are the questions of immuno n micro in usmlerx conceptual like the rest of the usmlerx or just recall from FA ?
Plz guide. Thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-10-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

[QUOTE=Cottoncandy;189934]Hey. Im also planning for the exam in the start of july. Currently am doing usmlerx. Done 65% of it.previously ive done usmle world twice n qbank once.
Hey wanted to ask u if i can leave the micro n immuno part of usmlerx coz my subscription was expiring. .. I mean are the questions of immuno n micro in usmlerx conceptual like the rest of the usmlerx or just recall from FA ?
Plz guide. Thanx.[/QUOTE/]

yes , you can skip microbiology , maybe try immuno if you can, but as you might have already known questions will be direct most of the time useful for memorising first aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Cottoncandy (05-11-2013)
 
  #4  
Old 05-10-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Warning! mle exam step 1

i am mbbs graduate doing my job its a on off duty 15 days,
could n't take mle due to improper funds,
my yr of graduation is : 2009
i wanted to apply but now i have the option , wat's my chancee to get residency ,if i start nowfor mle ?
how is it with mceee of canada?
pls kindly advice?
pls help me need ur advice badly,........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-11-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default hey can i join in too!!!

hi i am taking my exam on july too..... i am done with the first read and almost done with FA..... planning to start u world from 15th!! shall we post our daily plans here so that we can encourage each other??? what say??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Zehra. (06-13-2013)
  #6  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari2526 View Post
i am mbbs graduate doing my job its a on off duty 15 days,
could n't take mle due to improper funds,
my yr of graduation is : 2009
i wanted to apply but now i have the option , wat's my chancee to get residency ,if i start nowfor mle ?
how is it with mceee of canada?
pls kindly advice?
pls help me need ur advice badly,........
Being a 2009 graduate it is pretty much a very long run for you to clear the steps and then you need to do so many researches , externships to really get into residency with the competition getting tougher every year.Its gonna be a very costly affair too so think carefully if thats really what you want. This is just my opinion may not be a fact in every case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

[QUOTE=coolbakes;190045]hi i am taking my exam on july too..... i am done with the first read and almost done with FA..... planning to start u world from 15th!! shall we post our daily plans here so that we can encourage each other??? what say??[/QUOTE/]


Sure thing,

Thanks,have to finish micro in two days and do pharma. I want to start uworld this week too.Did you do any nbmes yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Hey even I am planning to give it in July ..done with first aid first read and u world 50 percent .lets motivate each other get it done with it together .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (05-12-2013)
  #9  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default hey

[QUOTE=neelima208;190146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbakes View Post
hi i am taking my exam on july too..... i am done with the first read and almost done with FA..... planning to start u world from 15th!! shall we post our daily plans here so that we can encourage each other??? what say??[/QUOTE/]


Sure thing,

Thanks,have to finish micro in two days and do pharma. I want to start uworld this week too.Did you do any nbmes yet?
not yet.. planning to take when i am done with u world..... i have pharma to do too?? are you done with the second read.. i am just about to finsh the first yar??? may be we can start u world together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

[QUOTE=coolbakes;190168]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post

not yet.. planning to take when i am done with u world..... i have pharma to do too?? are you done with the second read.. i am just about to finsh the first yar??? may be we can start u world together
I am in the first read too, not in second, kinda worried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default hey

[QUOTE=neelima208;190171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbakes View Post

I am in the first read too, not in second, kinda worried
no worries!! we can mange it.. i took a long break coz personal reasons.. i have no time beyond july 31.... so should finish it.. if we are dedicated we can finish it for sure!! don worry at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (05-12-2013)
  #12  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 19
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottoncandy View Post
Hey. Im also planning for the exam in the start of july. Currently am doing usmlerx. Done 65% of it.previously ive done usmle world twice n qbank once.
Hey wanted to ask u if i can leave the micro n immuno part of usmlerx coz my subscription was expiring. .. I mean are the questions of immuno n micro in usmlerx conceptual like the rest of the usmlerx or just recall from FA ?
Plz guide. Thanx.
well im planning to take exam in june end
have done u world once..n now second round
what do u think ..can I finish usmle R Q IN 15 DAYS..wanna start from 15th may?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 19
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
Hi everyone,
This is for the people taking the exam this july. Please join so we can keep ourselves motivated and strong. I have finished anat,bs,biochem,path,phy with micro and path still remaining. First aid half done. Planning to take NBME before going for round 2. Didnt start uworld yet, done with usmlerx.

Post your study plans heree..
I have studies FA twice..can I finish USMLE R q in 15 days?what do u suggest?exam in june
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 05-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysha View Post
I have studies FA twice..can I finish USMLE R q in 15 days?what do u suggest?exam in june
doing rx in 15 days is possible only if you can skip explanation part as u know usmlerx comprises of 3000 questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Doing just 4 blocks of usmlerx per day. N writing all the notes down in my notebook. I hope thats enuff. I dont get time to do kaplan LN as per my plan , after four blocks.

I hope im not going tooo slow. ?!?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

4 blocks of usmle rx is great speed, i started uworld today,just did 1 block i think its just ok, any nbmes yet??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

10 weeks before my exam.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 23
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Yeah. I took uwsa 1 in feb. n scored 242. It overpredicts. So i started with dit. Did almost 75% of the lectures. Then started URx.

1 block is ok in the start of uworld. Coz its difficult compared to qbank n uRx. When i was doing uworld i did it like two blocks per day max. N only just two blocks no other theory revision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottoncandy View Post
Yeah. I took uwsa 1 in feb. n scored 242. It overpredicts. So i started with dit. Did almost 75% of the lectures. Then started URx.

1 block is ok in the start of uworld. Coz its difficult compared to qbank n uRx. When i was doing uworld i did it like two blocks per day max. N only just two blocks no other theory revision.


Hey 242 is a pretty great score , it is not exactly true that it overpredicts, it can be -20 max, it cant go beyond that even in the worst case scenario, so when r u going to take ur next nbme?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 05-14-2013
alm2md's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Smile Advice please

HI! congratulations to you all on almost completing your study programs
and good luck on your step1 test!
i wanted to ask you a quick question.
after im done with the kaplan books what should i do next?
i see you talking about usmlerx, is it that helpful? this is the first time i see
IMGs using it.. please put on what steps should i do after i finish reviewing the books... (e.g. 1.qbanks with first aid 2. NBME.. and how many months should i take on each) thanks so much!!
PLEASE help me with some helpful advice im kinda confused what to do next
__________________
Vita Brevis. Astra Petas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 05-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default U world again or rx

Hey I have question I am almost done with u world should I consider Doing usmle rx or do uworld once again .need advice ..thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 06-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

I am still doing uworld with 78% remaining, exam on july 25th. Any ideas about what I could do this month? Feeling burnt out already, temme I have company..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 06-12-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

hey
i have been reading first aid and u world for past 4 months....( have a kid) i finished revising both in the past 20 days. i mean, not finished but doing last chapter biochem now. will be done with 2 nd revision in 2 more days. planning to take nbme 7 and 12 in the next week and keep reviewing first aid alone. need to take the exam in july. is my plan okay guys, plz suggest if i need anything more.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 06-12-2013
usbound's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 121
Threads: 5
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

hey guys...count me in. my exam is on 5th july! so thats hardly any time compared to all of you. but i'm kinda toward the end of my prep...i mean there really isnt anything more to do at this point except revising what i already know...right? any suggestions please. i did uworld in april....did dit in may and nbmes. postponed my exam by a month and now finally taking it on 5th. decided to do usmlerx to improve performance and get the hang of questions. and simultaneously revising fa. plan to go thru kaplan biostats if i have time. thats my plan for the next 3 weeks. i wanna score high...so any great last min tips..do lemme know. thanks. stay focused everyone...almost there! good luck to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 06-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbound View Post
hey guys...count me in. my exam is on 5th july! so thats hardly any time compared to all of you. but i'm kinda toward the end of my prep...i mean there really isnt anything more to do at this point except revising what i already know...right? any suggestions please. i did uworld in april....did dit in may and nbmes. postponed my exam by a month and now finally taking it on 5th. decided to do usmlerx to improve performance and get the hang of questions. and simultaneously revising fa. plan to go thru kaplan biostats if i have time. thats my plan for the next 3 weeks. i wanna score high...so any great last min tips..do lemme know. thanks. stay focused everyone...almost there! good luck to all!
What all nbmes did you take?? How was your uworld average? let us know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
I am still doing uworld with 78% remaining, exam on july 25th. Any ideas about what I could do this month? Feeling burnt out already, temme I have company..
of course u have company.. i started u wrld just a week back.... got my exam on july 31..... we will traget finishing world soon and do nbmes from next month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (06-13-2013)
  #27  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbakes View Post
of course u have company.. i started u wrld just a week back.... got my exam on july 31..... we will traget finishing world soon and do nbmes from next month

You think we can wait till next month for our nbme?? By when are you planning to finish uworld??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
You think we can wait till next month for our nbme?? By when are you planning to finish uworld??
i was wondering to do offline nbmes may be.. one every sunday!! u world i wanna finish by june end or by july 3 rd max.... we will be stronger when we are done with u world!!! don you think so???

as of now this is how i am planning

100 u world questions everyday... every sunday go through an offline nbme....

then by july first week get to do one nbme online/... do you have a better idea??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 06-13-2013
usbound's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 121
Threads: 5
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
What all nbmes did you take?? How was your uworld average? let us know
nbmes i've done 7 (scored 228), 13 (224) and 11 (226) respectively. did them all with a few weeks apart. last one was 3weeks back. so needed to postpone.
uworld avg started with 65% and ended with 67% with huge individual test block variations though. just did the incomplete/marked 2nd time around and scored around 75-85% in those.
i will take another nbme next week to know my present state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbakes View Post
i was wondering to do offline nbmes may be.. one every sunday!! u world i wanna finish by june end or by july 3 rd max.... we will be stronger when we are done with u world!!! don you think so???

as of now this is how i am planning

100 u world questions everyday... every sunday go through an offline nbme....

then by july first week get to do one nbme online/... do you have a better idea??
I am thinking of completing uworld by first week of next month tooo.. and revising kaplan along with fa. Planning to take nbme in 10 days after I finish with fa. Yes we will be stronger after everything,I guess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbound View Post
nbmes i've done 7 (scored 228), 13 (224) and 11 (226) respectively. did them all with a few weeks apart. last one was 3weeks back. so needed to postpone.
uworld avg started with 65% and ended with 67% with huge individual test block variations though. just did the incomplete/marked 2nd time around and scored around 75-85% in those.
i will take another nbme next week to know my present state.
Your previous scores are good, I hope you have a great surge in ur score this time on your nbme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 06-13-2013
usbound's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 121
Threads: 5
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
Your previous scores are good, I hope you have a great surge in ur score this time on your nbme.
Aww thanks! Really hope so! Wish you the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (06-13-2013)
  #33  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 50
Threads: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
I am thinking of completing uworld by first week of next month tooo.. and revising kaplan along with fa. Planning to take nbme in 10 days after I finish with fa. Yes we will be stronger after everything,I guess...
hey!! we almost share the same plan!!! lets rock it together!! when is your exam date??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 45
Threads: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Post Extremely worried....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
Hi everyone,
This is for the people taking the exam this july. Please join so we can keep ourselves motivated and strong. I have finished anat,bs,biochem,path,phy with micro and path still remaining. First aid half done. Planning to take NBME before going for round 2. Didnt start uworld yet, done with usmlerx.

Post your study plans heree..

I am also taking step1 in july..havn't selected the date yet..
have finished 1st read, and half F.A.. doing uworld Qbank which is 80% remaining..
Can anybody suggest me, how to do Qbandk and F.A together in a day??
Really much worried..as Explanations take alot of time....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 32
Threads: 6
Thanked 63 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra. View Post
I am also taking step1 in july..havn't selected the date yet..
have finished 1st read, and half F.A.. doing uworld Qbank which is 80% remaining..
Can anybody suggest me, how to do Qbandk and F.A together in a day??
Really much worried..as Explanations take alot of time....!
It's vital that you take your time with uworld and understand all the explanations, rather than rushing through it and psyching urself out closer to the time. With a month to go and not having done FA once, certainly is a huge mountain to climb so buckle down!

Hence, I recommend spending 35 days to complete the remaining 1660 questions (approx.) doing a block a day in the morning and then spending a few hours going through explanations THOROUGHLY. (It will take you a good chunk of your time since you're barely half way thru it.) Take a break to refresh yourself and blast through FA for the later part of the day. This way you'll be able to finish your first read comprehensively and hopefully half way thru ur 2nd. You should try to schedule close to 31st of July if not the 31st, so you would still have just under 2 weeks to go thru FA 2/3rd time.

Take nbme few days before to check ur progress. If anything less than 220, I would advise postponing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Zehra. (06-13-2013)



  #36  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 32
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstarter View Post
It's vital that you take your time with uworld and understand all the explanations, rather than rushing through it and psyching urself out closer to the time. With a month to go and not having done FA once, certainly is a huge mountain to climb so buckle down!

Hence, I recommend spending 35 days to complete the remaining 1660 questions (approx.) doing a block a day in the morning and then spending a few hours going through explanations THOROUGHLY. (It will take you a good chunk of your time since you're barely half way thru it.) Take a break to refresh yourself and blast through FA for the later part of the day. This way you'll be able to finish your first read comprehensively and hopefully half way thru ur 2nd. You should try to schedule close to 31st of July if not the 31st, so you would still have just under 2 weeks to go thru FA 2/3rd time.

Take nbme few days before to check ur progress. If anything less than 220, I would advise postponing it.
hey drstarter are you done with your step 1 already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 32
Threads: 6
Thanked 63 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash SIngh View Post
hey drstarter are you done with your step 1 already?
Nope not yet. August. Need to finish a third qbank, hopefully have enough time. You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 06-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 45
Threads: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Post Thanks alot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstarter View Post
It's vital that you take your time with uworld and understand all the explanations, rather than rushing through it and psyching urself out closer to the time. With a month to go and not having done FA once, certainly is a huge mountain to climb so buckle down!

Hence, I recommend spending 35 days to complete the remaining 1660 questions (approx.) doing a block a day in the morning and then spending a few hours going through explanations THOROUGHLY. (It will take you a good chunk of your time since you're barely half way thru it.) Take a break to refresh yourself and blast through FA for the later part of the day. This way you'll be able to finish your first read comprehensively and hopefully half way thru ur 2nd. You should try to schedule close to 31st of July if not the 31st, so you would still have just under 2 weeks to go thru FA 2/3rd time.

Take nbme few days before to check ur progress. If anything less than 220, I would advise postponing it.



Thank you so much for such a sincere advice..i'll follow this now inshaALLAH..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 06-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

u world average 68% subjectwise, did 1 block in random mode today ended 41%, crappiest performance- physiology,pathology. I feel awful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 06-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 32
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstarter View Post
Nope not yet. August. Need to finish a third qbank, hopefully have enough time. You?
i'm in final year of med school. just started with my prep. hopefully i'll be ready by early next year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 06-26-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Please post your date of exam whose taking it this july , and how far you have come with the preparations and nbme scores and anything to keep us moving in the right path....


I have 50% of uworld left , and 50%of dit planning to nbme next month after I am done with the qbank, Date of exam:july 25th..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 06-26-2013
Thrax_usmle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 91
Threads: 21
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
u world average 68% subjectwise, did 1 block in random mode today ended 41%, crappiest performance- physiology,pathology. I feel awful
SAME HERE !! My physiology is below par. Its sucks. I'd say try BRS physio, its not that voluminous, just around 25-30 pages per chapter on an average and has 7 chapters. Like when i do one system a day, i give a QUICK read of that particular system from BRS. And it definitely has helped atleast me a bit. Still lot to learn from questions nd stuff but in this limited time for physio, i'd say BRS would be a fair game. Try doin any one chapter nd see if it helps u and then u can decide. I'm takin exam in July too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (06-26-2013)
  #43  
Old 07-05-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 454
Threads: 20
Thanked 340 Times in 161 Posts
Reputation: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
Please post your date of exam whose taking it this july , and how far you have come with the preparations and nbme scores and anything to keep us moving in the right path....


I have 50% of uworld left , and 50%of dit planning to nbme next month after I am done with the qbank, Date of exam:july 25th..
Hey ... Im taking it on august 1 ,2013.... Done with 2 reads kaplan and FA
Uworld done 60% .. Cumulative score 80%
Nbme 13 (before uworld 590/242)
Plan : finish uworld .... Do nbmes all of them and then last revision of FA
IF time permits might do wrong and marked questions in uworld just to brush up some concepts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 07-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman_j View Post
Hey ... Im taking it on august 1 ,2013.... Done with 2 reads kaplan and FA
Uworld done 60% .. Cumulative score 80%
Nbme 13 (before uworld 590/242)
Plan : finish uworld .... Do nbmes all of them and then last revision of FA
IF time permits might do wrong and marked questions in uworld just to brush up some concepts
I have 35% qbank remaining with cumulative:60%, didnt take any nbmes yet, scared of getting a low score...target finish uworld and fa, and do pathoma once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 07-05-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 454
Threads: 20
Thanked 340 Times in 161 Posts
Reputation: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
I have 35% qbank remaining with cumulative:60%, didnt take any nbmes yet, scared of getting a low score...target finish uworld and fa, and do pathoma once
Wht about uwsa? I recommend you take an NBME... It tells you where you have to focus to improve the score... Just my thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (07-05-2013), Zehra. (07-05-2013)



  #46  
Old 07-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 92
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman_j View Post
Wht about uwsa? I recommend you take an NBME... It tells you where you have to focus to improve the score... Just my thought

yeah i will take it in a week , just waiting to finish my uworld, i took uwsa 1 before 2 months i think:169 yeah,nbme 1 offline after 2 weeks after uwsa:196 i know its very low , considering i havent even finished my first read by that time i think its ok, thats what i have been telling myselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 07-05-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 454
Threads: 20
Thanked 340 Times in 161 Posts
Reputation: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post
yeah i will take it in a week , just waiting to finish my uworld, i took uwsa 1 before 2 months i think:169 yeah,nbme 1 offline after 2 weeks after uwsa:196 i know its very low , considering i havent even finished my first read by that time i think its ok, thats what i have been telling myselves
Ya those scores you cant consider since you werent finished with your prep.... I think you have a good plan... Dont worry about the scores just keep studying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (07-05-2013)



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
June July August 2013 Step 2 CK Takers Dr.Dream USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 40 06-21-2013 02:58 PM
July August 2013 Step 1 Takers halima USMLE Step 1 Forum 55 06-11-2013 04:34 PM
June 2013 step 1 Takers zeal7 USMLE Step 1 Forum 91 05-31-2013 08:11 AM
May 2013 Step 3 Exam Takers sandhu 001 USMLE Step 3 Forum 8 04-20-2013 08:17 AM
January 2013 Step 2 CK takers ! maheen USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 27 12-22-2012 05:26 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)