When are we going to increase our Qbank Scores? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-22-2010
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Question When are we going to increase our Qbank Scores?

Hi guys I would like to know when do you start scoring higher in the qbanks, when yo are in wich % aprox.
My best friend is scoring 33% accumulative and she is by 14% of the Qbank plus.
Im scoring 66% and iam by 28% of the qbank plus.

I think iam doing good thank God, but is she going to score higher????? I'm concerned about her because we are taking the exam the same day, what shoul i tell her, helpppppppppppppp please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-23-2010
heights's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 557
Threads: 69
Thanked 1,041 Times in 351 Posts
Reputation: 1061
Default

When are you taking your exam? I don't know when it's normal to start scoring higher, but I would think it's when you start mastering the material and understanding it. Has she already gone through a first read of her study material? If you post a little bit more information someone with experience may be able to help. Good luck to both of you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
evavar (10-24-2010)
  #3  
Old 10-24-2010
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 363
Threads: 18
Thanked 311 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evavar View Post
Hi guys I would like to know when do you start scoring higher in the qbanks, when yo are in wich % aprox.
My best friend is scoring 33% accumulative and she is by 14% of the Qbank plus.
Im scoring 66% and iam by 28% of the qbank plus.

I think iam doing good thank God, but is she going to score higher????? I'm concerned about her because we are taking the exam the same day, what shoul i tell her, helpppppppppppppp please.

Your friend needs to quit the qbank question bank and go back to some reading and watching material. She needs to break down where she's going wrong. If she's just doing physiology first and scoring low, then do another read and video of physiology and then go back to the questions.

You don't just want to waste the qbank by getting 33%. stop and figure out what she's doing wrong and correct it and then go back. Use a free qbank question bank to get her on the right track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
evavar (10-24-2010)
 
  #4  
Old 10-24-2010
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 438
Threads: 111
Thanked 232 Times in 132 Posts
Reputation: 242
Default ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
Your friend needs to quit the qbank question bank and go back to some reading and watching material. She needs to break down where she's going wrong. If she's just doing physiology first and scoring low, then do another read and video of physiology and then go back to the questions.

You don't just want to waste the qbank by getting 33%. stop and figure out what she's doing wrong and correct it and then go back. Use a free qbank question bank to get her on the right track.

Yes but the thing is that we are doing everything mixed, we are not going by subjects in the Qbank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-24-2010
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 363
Threads: 18
Thanked 311 Times in 149 Posts
Reputation: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evavar View Post
Yes but the thing is that we are doing everything mixed, we are not going by subjects in the Qbank.

Whats your break down?

Instead of doing mixed, maybe do 1 subject at a time for these qbanks. Then when you hit USMLEworld or USMLErx then do mixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-25-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 59
Threads: 6
Thanked 60 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default

33% is poor.....i did the whole qbank timed random....never went below 50....my suggestion is to do one complete revision of all the subjects b4 continuing with the qbank...the score does not undergo a huge improvement in the end...only about 5% max improvement should be expected,.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-06-2017
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 18
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hi

thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Qbanks, USMLE-Scores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About scores vanirajesh IMG Visa Issues 3 01-06-2017 04:24 PM
Vague Scores Nifnif IMG Residency Match Forum 6 04-26-2011 03:02 AM
USMLE Scores khushboo USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 09-21-2010 02:13 PM
Where/How are the scores reported? tima ECFMG Forum 4 01-02-2010 06:05 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)