2 years dilemma - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2013
hughlaurie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 3
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default 2 years dilemma

for some reasons i will be legible to apply from match 2016 onwards only. my year of graduation is 2012, completed internship in 2013 feb. right now working as a house officer. as fresh graduates are preferred and till 2016 it will be like 4 years from my graduation already. what is my chance of getting matched in 2016? also i can do observerships during 2016 only not before that..seriously need help. thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughlaurie View Post
for some reasons i will be legible to apply from match 2016 onwards only. my year of graduation is 2012, completed internship in 2013 feb. right now working as a house officer. as fresh graduates are preferred and till 2016 it will be like 4 years from my graduation already. what is my chance of getting matched in 2016? also i can do observerships during 2016 only not before that..seriously need help. thanks in advance
It means u would be applying in sept 2015 so that means 3 years from graduation not 4. Again would u be totally away from clinical work? Do well in ur steps and bridge gaps in ur cv with meaningful explanation and u would match easily! 3 years after grad is not bad at all.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
hughlaurie (05-24-2013), shima (05-24-2013)
  #3  
Old 05-24-2013
hughlaurie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 3
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsesereso View Post
It means u would be applying in sept 2015 so that means 3 years from graduation not 4. Again would u be totally away from clinical work? Do well in ur steps and bridge gaps in ur cv with meaningful explanation and u would match easily! 3 years after grad is not bad at all.
yeah i am to work in periphery in government hospital as per 2 years government bond and bond will be over on april 2015..means i can leave to US for observership only after april 2015. i may not fit in for applying in sept 2015 as i may be still searching for USCE or doing one. should i apply for 2015 with no USCE or atleast one or apply for 2016 with more USLORS ?? what if i will have to apply in 2016 sept only ? then it would be definitely 4 yrs from my graduation. this discourages me from preparing my step 1 right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughlaurie View Post
yeah i am to work in periphery in government hospital as per 2 years government bond and bond will be over on april 2015..means i can leave to US for observership only after april 2015. i may not fit in for applying in sept 2015 as i may be still searching for USCE or doing one. should i apply for 2015 with no USCE or atleast one or apply for 2016 with more USLORS ?? what if i will have to apply in 2016 sept only ? then it would be definitely 4 yrs from my graduation. this discourages me from preparing my step 1 right now.
U needn't be discouraged. U still hv ur cv intact no gaps in clinical practice so u don't hav problem. Good scores with 1 usce or us 1 us lor is ok though more is better u can apply in 2015 and match in 2016. Infact I would go for applying in 2015. The only thing is working and studying is difficult as I am doing now so that may take u some time to prepare.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
hughlaurie (05-24-2013)
  #5  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 198
Threads: 12
Thanked 138 Times in 84 Posts
Reputation: 148
Default

woudnt you be considered a 2013 graduate ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaru20 View Post
woudnt you be considered a 2013 graduate ??
No ur med sch certificate shows u graduated in 2012 unless otherwise.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 198
Threads: 12
Thanked 138 Times in 84 Posts
Reputation: 148
Default

I mean he completed his internship in 2013 and would have received the medical school diploma only after that..am saying this because I finished with my final year of med school in 2011 but finished the internship in 2012 and my diploma states am a 2012 graduate..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-24-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaru20 View Post
I mean he completed his internship in 2013 and would have received the medical school diploma only after that..am saying this because I finished with my final year of med school in 2011 but finished the internship in 2012 and my diploma states am a 2012 graduate..
It varies from place to place but as I said what is stated on ur medical sch diploma is ur yog. That means ur sch does not count u graduated unless u finish intenship which they consider part of ur training.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossing the three years postgrad years titan25 IMG Residency Match Forum 6 10-29-2013 06:55 AM
clerckship dilemma dreamland99 USCE & Clinical Rotations 2 02-20-2013 11:37 AM
Rescheduling Dilemma! usman23 ECFMG Forum 15 10-15-2012 08:00 PM
Biochemistry Dilemma USMLE-Syndrome USMLE Step 1 Forum 10 01-15-2012 03:20 PM
TMT dilemma sunny86 USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 11-11-2009 09:36 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)