December 2013 Step 1 Exam Takers - Page 2 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 08-26-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

hi. any one studying immunology? I am studying it and would love to discuss it with ne one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.Akber Memon (09-02-2013)
  #102  
Old 08-26-2013
dr_kg's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 333
Threads: 25
Thanked 98 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afshanwshaikh View Post
hi. any one studying immunology? I am studying it and would love to discuss it with ne one.
i hate that subj!! i already did once with kaplan but it was months ago and yesterday couldn't remember much when i was going through again with fa... hahaha which book are you using?
__________________
Work Smarter...not harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #103  
Old 09-02-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Akber Memon Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Akber Memon
Default yes, i do

Quote:
Originally Posted by afshanwshaikh View Post
hi. any one studying immunology? I am studying it and would love to discuss it with ne one.
Yes, I am reading it u can disscuss with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #104  
Old 09-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Post Hello! :)

Hello,
Im a foreign medical graduate from India, and I am currently preparing for step 1. I would like to join this group and help contribute to the discussions currently going on.
Im planning to give the exam in December 2013 or Jan 2013 according how I do so far. Currently I have done Kaplan Notes and videos. For Pathology read Golijan and biochemistry is my weak point so I read Lipincott's Review for Biochemistry for my weak topic areas! Im currently working on U world Q bank for the first time, but want to take an NBME self - assessment, bc quite of a lot of recent test takers say its essential to take an NBME for assessment and to build confidence upto the exam. I haven't decided what NBME self- assesment to take first, but so far advised by some fellow Medical Graduates to take NBME 5 first and the others laters..
I Just Wondering anybody's' else personal experience on this matter or any advice which NBME to take first , and which one to save for last and close to exam date!?
Thanks so much for any advice, and it will be much appreciated!
and I hope I get the chance to contribute to this forum as much as possible also!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #105  
Old 09-16-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmmedicalstudent View Post
Hello,
Im a foreign medical graduate from India, and I am currently preparing for step 1. I would like to join this group and help contribute to the discussions currently going on.
Im planning to give the exam in December 2013 or Jan 2013 according how I do so far. Currently I have done Kaplan Notes and videos. For Pathology read Golijan and biochemistry is my weak point so I read Lipincott's Review for Biochemistry for my weak topic areas! Im currently working on U world Q bank for the first time, but want to take an NBME self - assessment, bc quite of a lot of recent test takers say its essential to take an NBME for assessment and to build confidence upto the exam. I haven't decided what NBME self- assesment to take first, but so far advised by some fellow Medical Graduates to take NBME 5 first and the others laters..
I Just Wondering anybody's' else personal experience on this matter or any advice which NBME to take first , and which one to save for last and close to exam date!?
Thanks so much for any advice, and it will be much appreciated!
and I hope I get the chance to contribute to this forum as much as possible also!
Thanks!

How many nbme do u want to take in all?
Well depending on the number just reserve the most current ones to last date and take the old-new ones now.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
fmmedicalstudent (09-16-2013)
  #106  
Old 09-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default Thanks! :)

Thanks Nsesereso!

I don't know how many to take. I know some people have taken one and scored well. And some know has taken all of them and scored well.. I think 2 consecutive scores that I want from NBME should be fine??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #107  
Old 09-17-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 20
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default Planning for December too

Hi Everybody!

I am planning to take the test first week of december. How long are you studying a day? I have a 9 month baby, and I am able to study only 6 hours a day at the most... is that ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #108  
Old 09-18-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hey !!

i am doing immunology right now, plus the Kaplan Qbank with it can any one tell me what the average score is on that ??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #109  
Old 09-18-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazulbri View Post
Hi Everybody!

I am planning to take the test first week of december. How long are you studying a day? I have a 9 month baby, and I am able to study only 6 hours a day at the most... is that ok?
Welcome on board. 6 hrs with a baby is good time. Though of us working plus having babies don't get that a day except few instances.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #110  
Old 09-19-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 40
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

I m also planning to give xam in dec /jan ..
Can anybody help me in motivation and regarding study plan ?
I m bit stress out .. as i m not completing acc to.my scedule ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #111  
Old 09-19-2013
lokya's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 12
Threads: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

I am in..Planning dec..doing FA with kaplan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #112  
Old 09-19-2013
ratung's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 27
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

subscribed to kaplan and will be doin uworld later!whats up with you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #113  
Old 09-28-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 16
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

guys anyone took NBME ? plz share your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bunny1410 (11-16-2013)
  #114  
Old 09-28-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 40
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Hello guys .. i will be going to give exam in dec /jan too .. any healthy discussion .. i want to be part of it too ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #115  
Old 09-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ test View Post
Hello,
I was looking for a group of people who are willing to take USMLE step 1 in Dec of this year .
I think gathering a group of people who are having the same goal , to share their plans and their different experience will be so useful . as we are going to support each other as a group .

this is my Skype username, add me if you are interested
Usmle585
am very happy to find such a thread i donno hw to join this thread create a thread in fb so tht we can be in touch with each other....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #116  
Old 09-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 148
Threads: 26
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 37
Send a message via Skype™ to ashok1
Default

hi, a old img ,female appering for dec..here no one is much contributing about study preparation etc ..plz contribute where u r now on ur preparation ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #117  
Old 10-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
guys anyone took NBME ? plz share your thoughts
hi...can anyone tell whn we shud be talking NBME.....and the numbers of those NBME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #118  
Old 11-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok1 View Post
hi, a old img ,female appering for dec..here no one is much contributing about study preparation etc ..plz contribute where u r now on ur preparation ..
hey hai,icompleted my first reading of kaplan goljen and doing my uworld right now.i am getting around 65-70%in do u think that it is k>wat abt ur preparation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #119  
Old 11-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 50
Threads: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default NBME forms needed

guys m takin my exam on 27th NOV..... i need offline NBME forms.... i ve done form 3, 4 n 5.... but i need forms 7,11,13,15..... if anyone of u has these kindly email it to me asap at zee_shan_8@hotmail.com.....

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #120  
Old 11-14-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 107
Threads: 10
Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Hey everyone.
December 3rd is the big day for me..im n img currently in internship.
Currently I stand as follows.
Nbme 5 240
Nbme 6 242
Nbme 15 247
Nbme 13 247
Nbme 12 254
Nbme 11 257

Still nbme 7 n uwsa 1n 2 remains..
Ne1 has done nbme 7?
Any feedbacks on difficulty level?

Aiming for anything 250 plus..
Guys any suggestions on how to proceed in comin days..

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #121  
Old 11-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o157h7 View Post
Hey everyone.
December 3rd is the big day for me..im n img currently in internship.
Currently I stand as follows.
Nbme 5 240
Nbme 6 242
Nbme 15 247
Nbme 13 247
Nbme 12 254
Nbme 11 257

Still nbme 7 n uwsa 1n 2 remains..
Ne1 has done nbme 7?
Any feedbacks on difficulty level?

Aiming for anything 250 plus..
Guys any suggestions on how to proceed in comin days..

Thanks...
hi did u do all nbme online ....if u did offline hw did u caluculate ur score????
thnks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #122  
Old 11-15-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 107
Threads: 10
Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan906 View Post
hi did u do all nbme online ....if u did offline hw did u caluculate ur score????
thnks in advance
All of them were online..
Coz unless u dont do atleast 2 online u wont be able to analyse wher u stand..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #123  
Old 11-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 21
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 18
Default Dec 21st 2013

Exam on dec 21st. Doing DIT and uworld now.
And then will revise patho ( from goljan and pathoma,)micro and biochem. Since they need more time. And then will take my uwsa on 26th nov.
27th nov till exam date- will do uworld again with FA and go over radiology and a patho atlas, and ofcourse try to do 3-4 more self assesment tests.
Does somebody know any good radiology source and patho atlas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #124  
Old 11-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by o157h7 View Post
All of them were online..
Coz unless u dont do atleast 2 online u wont be able to analyse wher u stand..
I subscribed UWSA 1 ad 2 also but NBME r too costly thts y am trying to do thm offline alternatively with UWSA am i gng the r8 way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #125  
Old 11-15-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 107
Threads: 10
Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan906 View Post
I subscribed UWSA 1 ad 2 also but NBME r too costly thts y am trying to do thm offline alternatively with UWSA am i gng the r8 way...
I would say doin atleast 2 nbmes online I suggest 15 n 11 would keep u on the safe side..
Aftr all its a good predictor..
U need to take it 2 weeks prior to ur real step so dat it would boost ur confidence..
Wen u doin it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #126  
Old 11-17-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o157h7 View Post
I would say doin atleast 2 nbmes online I suggest 15 n 11 would keep u on the safe side..
Aftr all its a good predictor..
U need to take it 2 weeks prior to ur real step so dat it would boost ur confidence..
Wen u doin it?
exam is on dec 8th...trying to do UWSA1 by nov 20....but am afraid coz my UW score is very low abt 50% thts y didnt do any exams till nw....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #127  
Old 11-17-2013
good_boy_1234's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 546
Threads: 91
Thanked 320 Times in 145 Posts
Reputation: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o157h7 View Post
I would say doin atleast 2 nbmes online I suggest 15 n 11 would keep u on the safe side..
Aftr all its a good predictor..
U need to take it 2 weeks prior to ur real step so dat it would boost ur confidence..
Wen u doin it?
NBME 7 is the most difficult one (with 6), so don't freak out. NBME 7 predicts your lowest possible score. Almost all of people score higher than their NBME 7.
May you tell me what did you do to jump from 240 in NBMEs to high 250s? What additional things you did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #128  
Old 11-18-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 42
Threads: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishan View Post
Exam on dec 21st. Doing DIT and uworld now.
And then will revise patho ( from goljan and pathoma,)micro and biochem. Since they need more time. And then will take my uwsa on 26th nov.
27th nov till exam date- will do uworld again with FA and go over radiology and a patho atlas, and ofcourse try to do 3-4 more self assesment tests.
Does somebody know any good radiology source and patho atlas??
hello aishan, i am also planning my exam in late december,, how many times have u done FA till now and whats ur average score going on in uworld?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #129  
Old 11-18-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 42
Threads: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Post Exam in Dec, still havent done ANY self assesment...

Hello everyone...
i am an IMG.....planning my exam in Dec,,,(hopefully)
i am just finishing my second read from kaplan +FA + uworld...
did 50 % uw with 65- 70% average...
still havent taken any self assesment exam but plan to take NBME online till 30th NOV at the end of this read...and planning exam in mid DEC...
please suggest what should i do to improve my prep and is it possible to get a 250 score in this short time???
is my plan accurate?????? kindly help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #130  
Old 11-19-2013
singular's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 78
Threads: 9
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan906 View Post
am very happy to find such a thread i donno hw to join this thread create a thread in fb so tht we can be in touch with each other....
Can you make a group on fb & let us all know the link so that we all can join? None of the present ones is active.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
October-November-December Step 1 Takers DrPKR USMLE Step 1 Forum 87 11-20-2013 08:51 PM
December 2012 Exam Takers Light_star USMLE Step 1 Forum 61 07-24-2013 09:41 PM
May 2013; CS Houston Exam Takers nishaa USMLE Step 2 CS Study Partners 36 07-14-2013 10:34 PM
May 2013 Step 2 CK Exam Takers rupesh USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 288 05-24-2013 01:44 AM
May 2013 Step 3 Exam Takers sandhu 001 USMLE Step 3 Forum 8 04-20-2013 09:17 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)