65-70% on UWORLD 48% on USMLERX..... - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default 65-70% on UWORLD 48% on USMLERX.....




I dont understand why my scores are varying so much on both qbanks. My average on uworld is 65 to 70% and on rx 45 to 50%. I find uworld rather easier when compared to rx. Is this a problem only I am facing or everyone?? Plz let know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 367
Threads: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 60 Posts
Reputation: 80
Default

hmmn, thats strange...my USMLERX scores right now are really high, but my Uworld was about average-like around 60%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (08-15-2015)
  #3  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CisternaChyli View Post
hmmn, thats strange...my USMLERX scores right now are really high, but my Uworld was about average-like around 60%
Yeah I feel strange tooo....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 101
Threads: 2
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelima208 View Post



I dont understand why my scores are varying so much on both qbanks. My average on uworld is 65 to 70% and on rx 45 to 50%. I find uworld rather easier when compared to rx. Is this a problem only I am facing or everyone?? Plz let know..
so you mean AFTER doing uw, you start rx and your average became low? or you are doing them together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 252
Threads: 32
Thanked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Reputation: 50
Default

use RX to learn, I was getting same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-30-2013
tai35's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 133
Threads: 25
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

Well, Rx is more memorization and recall and Uworld is more conceptual...Atleast that is how I found the questions to be...When I started doing Rx, I did not score as high and everybody kept saying Rx is so easy but then I realized I kept getting the pure memorization questions wrong. Also Rx will help you reinforce FA facts and makes little associations, It gives away a lot of clues in the question to lead to the answer.
Again, this is my personal opinion. May be you should compare your weaknesses from both qbanks and see if you agree with those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neelima208 (05-31-2013)
  #7  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fereshteh View Post
so you mean AFTER doing uw, you start rx and your average became low? or you are doing them together?
I started rx firstly but now doing both at the same time bcz of time factor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-31-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 90
Threads: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tai35 View Post
Well, Rx is more memorization and recall and Uworld is more conceptual...Atleast that is how I found the questions to be...When I started doing Rx, I did not score as high and everybody kept saying Rx is so easy but then I realized I kept getting the pure memorization questions wrong. Also Rx will help you reinforce FA facts and makes little associations, It gives away a lot of clues in the question to lead to the answer.
Again, this is my personal opinion. May be you should compare your weaknesses from both qbanks and see if you agree with those.
You are right that is why I am getting better as I was always lazy to memorise things but was very good at logic and reasoning, guess I wil have to work hard this time.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it WISE to use the offline UWorld Before Online UWorld? dr z USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 04-02-2013 02:46 AM
Was USMLERx Useful? ifubelieve12 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 05-10-2012 01:07 AM
USMLERx with FA or after it? Drbooda USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 11-16-2011 01:12 AM
uworld videos in uworld cs subscription? iron USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 3 04-05-2011 09:12 PM
Nobody is using USMLERx chris USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 08-29-2009 06:32 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)